PDA

View Full Version : [R'E6] Infinite Arena - Underbarrow

stack
2013-06-10, 12:44 PM
(This is the in-character thread for Team Victory's matches in the Infinite Arena. Everyone is welcome to watch as we playtest Rizban's E6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273643) material. OOC here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15374996#post15374996), recruitment here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286731).)

Arena - Temple Trouble (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1khrvKJaOQIYVd8nACkApsaPomgv89YegE_5q7HnDWVw/edit)

Round 1:
The Underbarrows go first.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-10, 01:22 PM
Concerned that I might break the map if I move things... :smallredface:

The Underbarrows were geared up and ready to go, and though Marron watched on dourly, the three halflings were afire with spritely energy.
Talia muttered a few words over some small pellets she carried in her hand, and then passed them to Arlee before moving off.
The rest hurry as fast as their short (or long) legs can carry them. Arlee's eagle soars down to the central platform and takes cover behind it, cawing to itself contentedly.

The Eagle moves to H5 (80ft fly speed)
Marron double moves to M0
Brice double moves to O1
Talia casts Magic Stone, gives the stones to Arlee and moves to R1.
Arlee double moves to M1

stack
2013-06-10, 01:53 PM
(You can edit the map to move stuff around, though I recommend zooming in to make it easier to move the text boxes. I got this round though.)

The Marauders rush out.
Durg launches a dark blast at the eagle. eldritch blast, range 60', [roll0] vs touch damage [roll1] - Eagle at 0 HP.

Quelas takes a shot with his bow.eagle unless its down, then Brice
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3] (miss)
Start Round 2:

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-10, 02:48 PM
Arlee loads an enchanted stone into his sling and then moves onwards. The rest all keep moving along (double move for Talia and Marron). Brice however blasts off a magic missile at Silent Sally as he goes.

Damage: [roll0]

stack
2013-06-10, 03:11 PM
Durg launches a dark blast at Marron.eldritch blast [roll0] vs touch
damage [roll1] (Hit, Marron 8/10 HP)

Quelas looses another arrow, this time at Marron.[roll]1d20+3[roll]
damage [roll2](Hit, Marron 6/10 HP)

stack
2013-06-10, 03:12 PM
messed up roll [roll]1d20+3[roll]

stack
2013-06-10, 03:13 PM
I suck [roll0]

map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1khrvKJaOQIYVd8nACkApsaPomgv89YegE_5q7HnDWVw/edit)

Start Round 3

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-10, 03:32 PM
Marron attacks the wolf that is dancing beneath his feet.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If hits, will heal himself

Arlee fires his stone towards Quick Quelas.

Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage (including skirmish) [roll3]

Talia moves, forwards, still out of range, whilst Brice blasts at the wounded Marauders.

If Marron hits but didn't kill the wolf, then fire at the wolf.
If missed/killed then fire, but Arlee hit Quelas, then at Quelas.
If neither, then at Silent Sally.

Damage [roll4]

stack
2013-06-10, 03:51 PM
The wolf easily ducks the blow, but eats a magic missile. His master is less fortunate, falling to the ground, unconscious and bleeding. (First Character ever dropped! Congrats.)

The remaining Marauders move toward the stairs, Durg shooting off another blast at his wounded foe.att vs touch[roll]1d20+3/roll] damage [roll0]

The wolf tears at Marron, vengeance on it's mind.att [roll1]
damage [roll2] (Marron 3/10 HP)

stack
2013-06-10, 03:52 PM
Bah! [roll0]

Start Round 4

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-10, 04:31 PM
Sorry for all the conditionals in the last post, it obviously wasn't quite clear: I meant to magic missile Sally in that situation (so I think she is dropped as well): I only wanted to fire at the wolf if I had already wounded it.

stack
2013-06-10, 07:07 PM
Understood. Sally disabled at 0 HP. I also moved her back since she can only take a single move action.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-11, 05:09 AM
Bouyed up by their current success, the Underbarrows attempt to put on the pressure!

Marron takes a double handed swing at the wolf in front of him.

Crusader's strike
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Heal [roll2] (on himself)

Since there are lots of ifs and maybes (I can't move if the wolf is still alive, I'll make two posts).

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-11, 05:16 AM
Marron misses but Arlee jumps in, drawing his Sickle and slashing at the animal.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Whilst Brice blasts at the savage beast with another bolt of arcane power.

Magic Missile: [roll2]

And Talia, focussing her mind causes the earth beneath it's feat to liquify and then seize the wolf.

Cast Grasping Earth.
Talia's grapple: [roll3]
Wolf's Grapple: [roll4]
Pin damage if successful: [roll5]

stack
2013-06-11, 07:37 AM
(Wolf at 8/13 HP)

The wolf attacks again.[roll0]
damage [roll1]
trip [roll2] (Marron at -3 HP, so the trip doesn't matter)

The rest just move closer, starting up the steps.

map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1khrvKJaOQIYVd8nACkApsaPomgv89YegE_5q7HnDWVw/edit)

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-11, 01:53 PM
Arlee steps up and swings with his sickle once more at the wolf, whilst Brice blasts it with his arcana. Talia runs to Marron's side and attempts to revive him.

Arlee attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Magic Missile [roll2]

Concentration check for Talia to cast defensively [roll3]
Cure Light Wounds [roll4]

Edit: With this team initiative thing, I'm not sure if Marron would get an action, if so it would probably be to move and blast the others with Color Spray.

stack
2013-06-11, 08:03 PM
(Marron would have to stand as a move action, which provokes. Your call.)

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-11, 08:16 PM
For some reason I had thought the wolf was dead, and I realise it isn't.

Marron, from his position on the floor, attempts to cast defensively enough to heal himself.

Concentration DC 16 [roll0]
Heal [roll1]

stack
2013-06-12, 09:41 AM
Durg moves first, mounting the steps and launching an orb of acid at Talia.[roll0]
damage [roll1]
recharge [roll2] (hit, Talia 3/6 HP)

Ironbeard passes him, swinging at the prone figure.[roll3] (target prone)
damage [roll4] (miss)

The wolf keeps fighting. Marron if alive, Talia if not [roll5] (+4 if Marron)
damage [roll6]
trip [roll7] (Marron @ -2)

Sally limps up the steps further.

map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1khrvKJaOQIYVd8nACkApsaPomgv89YegE_5q7HnDWVw/edit?usp=sharing)

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-12, 04:14 PM
Brice blasts the wolf with another bolt of his arcane might, tiring of the annoying predator.

Magic missile: [roll0]

Arlee will either attack the wolf if it is still on positive hit points, or throw a stone at ironbeard if not.

Atack against the wolf: [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Move to H0.
Attack against Ironbeard: [roll3]
damage [roll4]
Skirmish [roll5]

Talia will heal Marron before retreating herself.
Heal [roll6]

Marron, if he is conscious will cast Sleep on their foes.

Defensive Casting: [roll7]
DC 12

stack
2013-06-12, 05:37 PM
The wolf falls, whimpering. Durg and Ironbeard try to finish the downed man.Durg [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Ironbeard axe [roll2]damage [roll3]
shield [roll4]damage [roll5] hitting Arlee if Marron drops

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-12, 06:39 PM
The wolf falls, whimpering. Durg and Ironbeard try to finish the downed man.Durg [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Ironbeard axe [roll2]damage [roll3]
shield [roll4]damage [roll5] hitting Arlee if Marron drops

OOC:
Shouldn't you be rolling an AoO to see if you interrupt Marron's casting though? He failed his defensive casting, so that means he provokes, but if you missed or didn't knock him below 0HP he could still cast Sleep. (Unless I'm being completely stupid, which is always possible :smallwink:)

stack
2013-06-12, 07:10 PM
Failure to cast defensively means you lose the spell. Plus sleep is a 1-round action anyway, meaning that any blow in the round would have required a check. Bad one to cast in melee.

stack
2013-06-12, 07:11 PM
Marron dead at -10.

crit confirm vs Arlee [roll0]
damage [roll1] Arlee 4/9 HP

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-13, 04:41 AM
Arlee flees from the oncoming marauders as he sees their big human companion summarily cut down. He hurls a stone behind him at the hulking Ironbeard.

Throw magic stone: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Brice however was the courageous one, and he stepped forward and blasted the oncoming horde with a dazzling barrage of colours.

Cast Color Spray, Will DC 15, affects all three marauders.
Other wise unconscious for [roll2] rounds and then blinded and stunned for [roll3] afterwards and then stunned for 1 round.

If the enemy is not taken down by Color Spray, Talia will once more cause the earth to rise up and assault their foes (this time Ironbeard).

She will use Sudden Extend to make it last 2 rounds as well.

Grapple [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

stack
2013-06-17, 07:41 PM
Will
Sally [roll0]
IB [roll1]
Durg [roll2]

stack
2013-06-17, 07:44 PM
Ironbeard is out of the fight.

Sally charges one last time before dropping. [roll0]
damage [roll1]
skirmish[roll2]

Durg charges as well. [roll3]
damage [roll4]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-18, 05:21 AM
Talia once more turns the earth to mud, making it rise up and grapple Durg.

Grasping Earth

Grapple roll: [roll0]
Damage if pinned: [roll1]

Arlee will take a five footstep to I1 and fire an enchanted stone from his sling whilst Brice will jump down the side of the platform and take a jump check to avoid falling damage, then blast Durg with a magic missile.

Arlee: Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Brice jump check: [roll4]
Falling damage [roll5]
Magic missile damage [roll6]

stack
2013-06-18, 08:00 AM
Durg breaks the grapple and attacks Taliagrapple [roll0]

attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-18, 09:14 AM
The Underbarrow triplets continue to batter away at the orc, though they are tiring now.

Talia steps back and causes the ground to rise up and assault Durg again, whilst Arlee fits his last enchanted stone to his sling and whirls it at the orc. Brice continues to blast him with his magic missile.

Grasping Earth: grapple check [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Arlee attack roll [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Magic missile [roll4]

stack
2013-06-18, 12:09 PM
Victory for Underbarrow!