PDA

View Full Version : Ways to boost Save DC [PF]

fluke1993
2013-06-10, 05:05 PM
I know this has probably been done to death but what are some good ways to boost spell DC?

I'm working on getting a stat boosting item but that could take some time so any suggestions?

stack
2013-06-10, 07:59 PM
Spell focus, greater spell focus, spell mastery (doubles both of the above for one spell) are the basics. Pick a race with a boost. Some sorcerer bloodlines get boosts too; fey for +2 on compulsion, there's another for +2 on charm, etc. I once built a lvl 1 sorcerer with Save DC 20 on sleep, for example.

Carth
2013-06-10, 08:07 PM
Elemental focus and greater elemental focus. If you've been taking ranks in UMD, remember that your familiar shares your skill ranks, and have them activate a wand of arcane concordance, which as other benefits. It's spell perfection that doubles the bonus from feats for one specific spell. So spell perfection on a spell that is affected by spell focus, elemental focus, and the greater version of each, would get +8 to its DCs.

Bhaakon
2013-06-10, 08:18 PM
The Heighten Spell metamagic feat lets you increase a spell's level, including save DCs.

The Spellslinger archetype allows you to add the enhancement bonus of your firearm to DCs for cones, lines, rays, and ranged touch spells.

fluke1993
2013-06-12, 12:28 AM
Sorry for the late response guys, thanks for all the help. IRL stuff got to me. Was hoping for something not quite as feat heavy but I suppose that will do. Thanks for all the help.