PDA

View Full Version : New 4E campaign, strange prerequisite

unseenmage
2013-06-10, 08:12 PM
Taking part in a new D&D 4E campaign.
Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, fighter-type, and my Goblin Artificer
Level 7, Campaign will be largely modified from modules and strung together willy-nilly.

The weird bit is that each player has to have a "significant element" drawn from a Dragon Magazine. Which I have no idea about.

Does the playground know what Dragon mags I should be checking for significant elements for a level 7 Goblin Artificer?

vasharanpaladin
2013-06-10, 08:31 PM
DR381 contains an entire new build for the artificer, along with feats and paragon paths. Crossbow Caster (feat) and Spell Commander (PP) are both rated rather favorably. :smalltongue:

unseenmage
2013-06-10, 08:53 PM
DR381 contains an entire new build for the artificer, along with feats and paragon paths. Crossbow Caster (feat) and Spell Commander (PP) are both rated rather favorably.

Thank you greatly! I'd just started going through them all the longhand way. You've saved me much trouble.

Suggestions for the other players? They're none too familiar with the magazines either. (their races are undecided as yet.)

vasharanpaladin
2013-06-10, 10:36 PM
DR366: Star Pact Warlock stuff, including THE best PP for them in the game.

DR376: Revenant race.

DR379: Assassin class, but it's not very good.

DR380: Abyssal genasi and Vistani bloodline feats.

There are, of course, various other items of interest throughout, but it may be more helpful to get a copy of the old Character Builder and CBLoader (which I can't link you to, sorry), which would get you pretty much up to date as far as releases and errata.

unseenmage
2013-06-11, 08:20 AM
DR366: Star Pact Warlock stuff, including THE best PP for them in the game.

DR376: Revenant race.

DR379: Assassin class, but it's not very good.

DR380: Abyssal genasi and Vistani bloodline feats.

There are, of course, various other items of interest throughout, but it may be more helpful to get a copy of the old Character Builder and CBLoader (which I can't link you to, sorry), which would get you pretty much up to date as far as releases and errata.

Thanks, this all looks like some fairly useful stuff. I'll pass it along.

As for the character builder no worries. We'll muddle through.