PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need an alchemical (or other) item that neutralizes scents! (3.5 or PF)

Gavinfoxx
2013-06-10, 09:42 PM
If such an item exists anywhere in 3.5e, PF, Dragon Magazine, anything, that can neutralize smelly odors or smelly items, or which can cover up or mask scents, I would REALLY appreciate it.

This is for my enveloping pit base. It, um, has a stable on top.

With a Dire Bat in it

Which is causing issues.

Also we need to improve the 'head' for the group to use.

I need super-kitty-litter or something, or some way to invent the chemical toilet or the composting toilet with existing D&D items and alchemy and creatures.

Otyughs are huge, yo. And we don't have enough money for a bag of devouring or something.

This is also important, because we don't want to be easily detectible by scent, so our base isn't easy to find by enemies.

What is there that we can use for long periods of time? Thanks!

Jack_Simth
2013-06-10, 09:44 PM
Well of Many Worlds? Send the refuse to another plane (randomly selected).

Treat it as filth and clean it up via Prestidigitation?

An item of the Remove Scent spell (Spell Compendium)?

Malvanis
2013-06-10, 09:46 PM
I think there is something like that in complete adventurer. It nuetrilizes scents

Gavinfoxx
2013-06-10, 09:59 PM
We need not just something to remove the scent by OVERPOWERING IT WITH ANOTHER BAD ONE, but something that neutralizes the odors and the foulness, if possible, via alchemical means...

Darrin
2013-06-10, 10:39 PM
Cat Stink (50 GP, Complete Adventurer). Makes tracking more difficult, but does not prevent detection via scent.

Scorcher Fumes (800 GP, A&EG). This is actually a poison, with "loses scent" as the initial effect but 1d4 Wis damage as the secondary.

Scentbreaker (5 GP, FRCS/Tome & Blood). Thrown as a grenade-like weapon, and similar to a poison: Fort save DC 18, initial and secondary is lose scent for 1 minute.

Hmm. Not familiar with Pathfinder, but something called "Scentbane Incense" in ARG. "Deodorizing Agent" in Animal Archive also removes a creature's smell for 1d3 hours.

Than
2013-06-10, 10:46 PM
Pathfinder has an alchemic item that increases the DC to track you by scent. Gives +10 to the DC.

I found it in Ultimate Equipment (which means it's on the SRD). The name is Scent Cloak.

Malvanis
2013-06-11, 08:46 PM
Catstink is the item I was talking about. A little hefty on the price if I do say so myself.

ArcturusV
2013-06-11, 08:52 PM
Well, you'd want Pass Without A Trace. It's a spell, but it explicitly mentions that it's impossible to track people with it, even by Scent. So it stops Scent from working on you. I don't know if there are items with Pass Without A Trace already built in. But since it's only a level 1 spell, making a custom continuous item of it shouldn't be hard.