PDA

View Full Version : Telepath feats

Zergrusheddie
2013-06-11, 08:47 AM
Will be playing as a Telepath going into Thrallherd and I was trying to determine what feats are worth getting for Psion. I have only really played Psychic Warriors or Tashlatora PW that I am not sure what Feats are actually worth taken. Psicrystal Affinity is a no brainer but I am not sure what other feats are amazing.

Are the Illithid Heritage feats worth it? Is Overchannel + Talented still awesome?

Cheers.
-Eddie

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-11, 08:51 AM
Mindsight (LoM 126)

unseenmage
2013-06-11, 11:13 AM
Seconding Mindsight. It's the go-to for telepathic feats.

Humble Master
2013-06-11, 11:19 AM
Overchannel is worth it simply for Anarchic Initiate. Other than that it is Ok but I would say that Mindsight is better.

Flickerdart
2013-06-11, 11:50 AM
Psicrystal Containment is nice, since if you plan to use metapsionics at all, you'll find your psionic focus a very precious commodity. Talented is good too - expend your focus, don't need to take damage for Overchannel on low-level powers - which are the ones you'd want to augment anyway.

Rubik
2013-06-11, 12:49 PM
Hidden Talent (Astral Construct). It'll help whenever your mind powers won't. Though Charming and Dominating minions will help in this regard as well, so long as you keep them with you. But constructs are disposable, so they can be used in places where valuable minions can't.

Also, Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) from Savage Species. Never have to deal with Dispels and power resistance again. It also acts as an auto-version of Practiced Manifester, since your ML automatically scales with your HD.

Ability Focus (Psionics) for a nice +2 to DC for every manifestation you've got.

[edit] Shape Soulmeld (Phase Cloak), along with the Psionic Open Chakra power (and a few manifester level boosters, to set it up early), will let you bind the phase cloak to your shoulders and let you go ethereal whenever you move. VERY handy in so many ways.

Zergrusheddie
2013-06-12, 04:47 AM
Alright, so I was thinking:
H: Overchannel
1: Talented
B: Psicrystal Affinity
3: Inquisitor
5: Either taking Telepathy ACF or Expanded Knowledge: Astral Construct
6: No idea, but will be Thrallherd at this level.

I have done Psionics before but Metapsionic feats are totally alien to me.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-06-12, 04:58 AM
Note that mindsight requires the actual telepathy ability, not just that you have a power with a similar effect.