PDA

View Full Version : Magic the Gathering epic destiny wanted!

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-11, 12:03 PM
I got a friend in a 30th level IRL game and he wants to build a character based around a background in a nation that is a combination of Phyrexian, Sliver, and Eldrazi fluff. If anyone wants to make an epic destiny of that flavor I would be highly grateful. I will help make it and pitch in ideas as the DM of the campaign if you don't want to take on the operation yourself, but I would like someone more knowledgeable to make it an accurate representation of the magic lore and I can later change it to be the level of op I want in the game.

Arcanist
2013-06-12, 10:15 PM
Oh I like Epic Destinies :smallwink:

Silvers and Eldrazi are natural creatures so making Epic Destinies of them are difficult since you are born an Eldrazi/Sliver and not made... The Phyrexian however! WELL, if you become a construct I suppose you can be tainted with Phyrexian Oil and follow that sort of destiny, but I believe that would be better suited as a template :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-13, 11:41 AM
Well sense slivers and eldrazi are creatures and would not be suited for an epic destiny we could have the epic destiny add sliver and eldrazi creature abilities. This will be helpful because my player wants to have grown up among those two races and I'm not going to homebrew them into my campaign so he could have acquired traits from those sliver and eldrazi. For example.

Annihilator: You cause a target item or active buff spell an opponent controls to be destroyed once per round when your attacking. The item must make a Fort save or the buff spells caster must make a caster level check the DC is 10+1/2 level+highest ability score mod. Beating this DC will cause the item or spell to survive and at each level where you would gain another epic destiny power you may also use this effect an additional time per round.

Sliver Evolution: You may chose an ability score and may take the amount which it is modified by racially and bestow that same bonus to the same ability score of all your Allies.

These could be abilities that this epic destiny gains because in my characters background states that he spent a lot of time in a nation of slivers and eldrazi so they can still be included, but Phyrexian can make up the two other abilities if you think it should make up the main part of the epic destiny.

zorenathres
2013-06-13, 10:45 PM
Though I am unfamiliar with making my own epic destinies, I like the old-school (artifact cycle) phyrexians better, as their philosophy was the achievement of perfection through augmentation & bio-manipulation (effectively on a path to perfection by acquiring new body parts or augmentations to become a powerful living-construct?).

A Phyrexian destiny might involve not just augmentations & evolutions but rank or position within the spheres & the inner circle (in a Phyrexian campaign), though that's probably not what you are looking for.

If you are not intending to run a Phyrexian campaign, the PC might be a sleeper agent (willing or unwilling), or another failed/ exiled experiment in newts & other "lesser" lifeforms intended as food, labor, & spies for the upper ranks. Also, compleated lesser phyrexians in the artifact cycle feared water (as they would rust), & sent the newts to other worlds as expendable assets which could go where they could not...

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-14, 11:03 AM
Well the character with this epic destiny is the only Phyrexian part of the game so he can't realy rise in rank, but he can get augmentations if someone would help with that.