PDA

View Full Version : a few questions about making my awakened bear awesome.

swankjon
2013-06-11, 12:20 PM
My artificer died at the hands of a wolf I just plain shouldn't have provoked.

So my plan (with DM approval) is to be an awakened bear.

Since I don't know how hes going to progress my ability scores yet (perhaps using the savage progression here?: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20031114a)

What will most likely happen is 6 racial hit die of awakened bear +2 LA

My starting scores are: 17 15 13 13 12 9, this means im going to have enormous strength when i finish my racial levels (33?) and very decent con as well.

Heres the kicker, in this campaign you also get a "sub-job" that levels at half the speed of your main class. Basically, think of a gestalt where one side levels at half speed, has to be a base class, and you only get its class features.

So i was thinking crusader for my sub, it makes me tanky and gives great maneuevers, stances, and a good recovery mechanic.

I have the following questions for you:

Would warshaper be worth a 1 level dip in barbarian(lion totem) and bear warrior (so i meet the pre reqs?)

If so that leaves me with 9 levels to work with, should i keep gishing around or go straight warblade for the rest of the levels?

Is there a feasible way for me to get rake?
Is there a feasible way for me to get regeneration or fast healing?

Basically I want to be tanky combat beast whos also a bear, and thus, is hilarious outside of combat.

Any other cool things you guys could advise would be appreciated, the only rules being that they are awesome and fun, with an emphasis on fun, not cheese.

I was thinking I could flavor the name as if it were named by a childish but powerful fae-druid, something like "Mr. Bearface" or "Sir Honeypot"

Miranius
2013-06-11, 01:54 PM
No idea about your actual questions, but this just had to be posted:

http://dicemonkey.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/E665n.jpg

swankjon
2013-06-11, 02:00 PM
I won't lie and say I have never seen the tale of Sir Bearington's exploits, but i want people to know im a bear, so we can be drinking in a pub and im doing dex checks to hold my mug with both paws because im a drunk bear, then some guy we are chummy with playfully punches me in the shoulder after a joke with a hearty laugh, and then flies across the room from my response.

Crake
2013-06-11, 05:32 PM
I won't lie and say I have never seen the tale of Sir Bearington's exploits, but i want people to know im a bear, so we can be drinking in a pub and im doing dex checks to hold my mug with both paws because im a drunk bear, then some guy we are chummy with playfully punches me in the shoulder after a joke with a hearty laugh, and then flies across the room from my response.

suddenly alcoholic bears

Devils_Advocate
2013-06-11, 09:37 PM
The story of Sir Bearington always reminds me of Animaniacs.

"He's a chicken, I tell ya! A GIANT CHICKEN!"

(I wish I had some advice, but I can't really think of anything, so here I am, just contributing to tangential discussion. Naughty Devils_Advocate.)