PDA

View Full Version : Alarra's Gems IV

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Alarra
2006-12-26, 10:20 PM
Alarra comes downstairs, "Oh, hello Kyrian, I didn't know you were here." She pours herself a cup of tea as well and sits down to join the conversation.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-12-26, 10:23 PM
El J smiles and kisses Alarra's cheek as she sits. "Good evening, love. You look wonderful as always."

Kyrian
2006-12-26, 10:26 PM
Kyrian smiles at Alarra. Hi...mom.

Alarra
2006-12-26, 10:29 PM
Alarra laughs a bit uncomfortably, "I fear it may take a bit for me to get used to that...but hello dear." She smiles at them both, "So what are we discussing?"

Ceika
2006-12-26, 10:33 PM
*Ceika steps inside the shop and looks around. She hears voices coming from the back, and heads toward them, rounding the corner into the kitchen.*

Hey, Jas, you got...

*She stops cold in her tracks as she sees Kyrian sitting with them. Cold fire flashes in her eyes as they narrow. She makes no move to back away or advance, but holds her ground as she sizes up the situation.*

2006-12-26, 10:36 PM
El J stands, and speaks a bit carefully at the evident tension in the room. "Ceika, it's always good to see you. Can I get you something?"

Kyrian
2006-12-26, 10:39 PM
Kyrian closes his eyes and quickly stands. Opening his eyes, he looks at Alarra and Jaspero.

Sorry, mom...I mean, Alarra. I guess I'm still a little excited to find my parents...anyways, I've got to go, my help is needed.

Kyrian vanishes.

Alarra
2006-12-26, 10:40 PM
Alarra nods a silent hello to Ceika. "Oh, well...goodbye Kyrian." Alarra says with a shrug just after he disappears.

Ceika
2006-12-26, 10:40 PM
*For a moment, it doesn't seem that Ceika hears El Jaspero. She keeps her glare locked on Kyrian when she finally answers, her voice colder than her eyes.*

No, likely not. I wanted to talk... but apparently you're busy. I can come back at a better time.

*Only when Kyrian vanishes does she turn her gaze to El Jaspero.*

2006-12-26, 10:49 PM
El Jaspero puts a hand on Ceika's arm. "Ceika...we've been through too much for this. You will always be welcome in my home, no matter what. This...this business with Kyrian, between him and us, between you and him...it's strange, it's confusing. But we have faced worse than that together, and likely will again. I owe you too much to let something come between us, Ceika."

Alarra appears at his side again and hands Ceika a glass of rum. "Sorry it took so long." She and El J share a soft smile. "It took me a bit to find it."

Ceika
2006-12-26, 10:56 PM
*Ceika's glare melts and she sighs, bringing a hand up to her temple.*

I didn't mean to intrude... I didn't. And I didn't mean to run off... your guest. I just wanted to talk to you for a bit, if you weren't too busy.

*She takes the rum with a half-smile.*

Thanks... I probably need this.

2006-12-26, 11:01 PM
El Jaspero smiles warmly. "Ceika, I will always make time for you, you know that." He gestures to the recently-vacated chair, and he and Alarra sit back down. "Now, what can I do for you?"

Ceika
2006-12-26, 11:06 PM
*She glares at the seat, but shakes it off quickly and sits down without complaint. She takes another drink before she looks from El Jaspero to Alarra.*

No offence, Ma'am, but this is mainly personal... Could I speak to him alone?

*She is obviously treading carefully so as not to offend Alarra or upset her in any way.*

2006-12-26, 11:11 PM
Alarra smiles and stands. "Of course not, forgive my intrusion. I'll leave you two." She drains her tea, then kisses El J on her way out the room.

El J watches her go, then turns back to Ceika with an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

Ceika
2006-12-26, 11:15 PM
*She nods her thanks and watches as Alarra leaves, then takes another deep breath and meets El J's gaze.Her voice is not nearly as cold as it was earlier, but cooler than it should have been for a conversation between friends.*

You knew, didn't you?

2006-12-26, 11:24 PM
El J looks into his tea. "Yes. I'm sorry, Ceika. I...I should have warned you, but I was afraid to throw one more shock at you. But you should have heard it from me, instead of learning it on your own."

He looks up, but can't meet her gaze. "That's...that's not all. Not that he ever listens to me but...but I might have encouraged him, Ceika." El J finally looks into Ceika's eyes. "I hope you'll forgive me, someday."

Ceika
2006-12-26, 11:32 PM
*Her shoulders sag visibly as she brings a hand to her forehead, resting her head in her palm.*

You do not need to ask forgiveness. You're not the one who betrayed me. It hurts that you knew and said nothing, but I'm getting used to that kind of pain lately. I just... I don't know. I wish I would have known... not have made such a fool of myself over something like that... I should have known. I really should have. He is never going to change, and I pity the next woman to figure that out. You're right, though. I should have heard it from you.

2006-12-26, 11:39 PM
El Jaspero nods sadly. "Ceika, I'm so sorry...had I known, I swear...I would never have given him my blessing, you have to know that. But we hadn't heard from you for months, and what Order contacts I had...those that were your friends dried up, and those that weren't swore you were dead."

"And no, Ceika" He shakes his head. "...you should never have to get used to any sort of pain, and I'm a wretch for causing part of that pain. I was just...we were all so happy to see you smile again, to have you back. I was selfish, I didn't want to end that moment. I'm sorry."

He sips and frowns, the tea long gone cold. "I again find myself in your debt, Captain Ceiblayde."

Ceika
2006-12-26, 11:51 PM
*She nods sadly, pained by his words.*

I know. It's my fault. I was... detained. There was no way for me to get word back. It was unfortunately... out of my control.

*She shakes her head with a sigh.*

Jas... no. We're friends. As you've said, we've faced worse. You're not in my debt. We deal with things the best we're able at the times we face them. But this isn't what I wished to linger on tonight. I wanted to see about that ship in the harbor...

*She takes a long drink of rum after the sudden change in subject.*

2006-12-26, 11:55 PM
The Pirate King meets Ceika's gaze with a sudden ferocity. "Not. Your. Fault. I read the log, too, Ceika." He blinks, the moment passed. "Golden Scythe? What of her?"

Ceika
2006-12-26, 11:58 PM
*Ceika smiles for the first time in the evening.*

I want to talk price. What do you want for her? With a bit of paint and a new name, she may be fit to sail the seas again. You said you'd be willing to part with her? I'm interested.

2006-12-27, 12:05 AM
"You're serious? You'd want another '74, and one you yourself helped to blow holes in?" El J peers into Ceika's eyes, then nods. "She's yours, then. The Order took your ship, I'm just giving her back to you...a bit worse for the wear, I'm sad to say, though Gaelon does tell me that nearly all the flooding is stopped."

He holds up his hand to stop her protest. "We're too old friends to talk price, Ceika. You'll make it up to me somehow, I know. Or not, it doesn't matter." He chuckles. "Once word gets 'round that you're recruiting you'll have no problem finding a crew. The famed Captain Ceiblayde, back from the dead..."

El J ponders a moment. "I can still handle a sextant...let me know if you need a first mate."

Ceika
2006-12-27, 12:13 AM
*She chuckles at his remarks* Well, I'm fairly used to a 74 gunner, and pokin holes in her's helped me to know where her weak spots are. I've never sailed a ship that's not been worse for the wear at one point in it's life... that's just part of breakin them in, I think. I'll try my hand on some of the patchwork tonight, see if the old tub can't keep her keel beneath her.

If you won't name a price, then I'll just have to owe you one. *She gives him a friendly grin and a nod* You just let me know when I can help. As for back from the dead... well, I guess I can't deny it. I'll round up a crew somewhere, I'm sure.

Jas, you're welcome to take a post on my ship anytime you'd like. *She half smiles and gives a small sigh.* But I already got a first mate... if he'll stand with me.

2006-12-27, 12:20 AM
"Don't you worry. He'll follow you to the ends of the earth and beyond if you order it." El J stands and walks into Alarra's office, then returns with a pen, ink and a piece of paper and starts writing. "But in all seriousness, the Scythe's in far better shape than you last saw her. Chips and Gaelon have done wonders, and you of all people know how tough those old W-" He pauses. "How tough ships of her class are. I'll send over the rest of my idlers, you still have a terrible mess of rigging to sort out...after you replace the fore and mizzenmasts. Gwen was less than kind, bless her heart."

El J signs the paper, then hands it to Ceika. "There. Orders formally releasing Jesthik of his temporary post. I'll miss him, but he's yours if you want him."

Ceika
2006-12-27, 12:27 AM
*She nods with a grin, taking the paper and tucking it in her sash.*

I don't doubt it for a moment, Gaelon and Chips mean business when they get their heading. I'm sure with some help we can get the masts replaced, and I bet Jesthik can have the riggings completely redone within a day. I thank ya for the ship, and I'll be taking better care of her than her previous captain did. Snakes just don't belong on the sea...

*She stands and gives El Jaspero a hug, then heads for the door.*

Thanks again.

2006-12-27, 12:35 AM
El J smiles and returns the embrace. "Thank you, Ceika. There's damn few sights could make me happier than you at the helm of a ship." He sees Ceika to the door, then locks it and closes up the shop before heading upstairs. He slides into bed as quietly as possible, but still somehow Alarra detects him and sighs softly as she curls up against him. He kisses her hair and wraps an arm around her to pull her close, then quickly falls into a happy but confused sleep.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 01:36 AM
Kyrian walks down the street from Lillah's and finds the door locked. He falls to his knees, tears falling.

Please...let everything be ok...

After a few moments, Kyrian stands and leaves.

2006-12-27, 10:13 AM
El Jaspero sits in the shop's front room playing the banjo for Alarra as she works in the back room, but mostly trying to understand his life. His look of bemusement finally gives way to a smile, and he sings:

Everybody's wonderin' what and where they all came from.
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go when the whole thing's done.
But no one knows for certain and so it's all the same to me;
I think I'll just let the mystery be.

Some say once you're gone you're gone forever, and some say you're gonna come back.
Some say you rest in the arms of the Saviour if in sinful ways you lack.
Some say that they're comin' back in a garden, bunch of carrots and little sweet peas,

Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory and I ain't saying it ain't a fact.
But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory and I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly,
So I choose to let the mystery be.

I choose to let the mystery be.
I choose to let the mystery be.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 10:15 AM
Thecla comes over and lies down on his feet.

2006-12-27, 10:41 AM
El J keeps playing and singing quietly throughout the morning, pausing now and then to scratch Thecla's ears.

((alas, back to work I go.))

Alarra
2006-12-27, 12:09 PM
(what an apt song, as usual :smallsmile:)

After a time, Alarra comes out to the front room to better hear the music.
"Is it time for lunch?"
"Yes. But you stay here, Thecla's enjoying your feet. I'll make us something." Alarra glides into the kitchen.

The children come downstairs then, having an almost uncanny knack for knowing precisely when food is being discussed, and everyone enjoys a loud and cheerful meal of bamhacon sandwiches and fruit.

2006-12-27, 01:37 PM
Can I have your strawberries?
Trade for your blueberries.
Deal!

El J wriggles his feet, giving Thecla a little tickle as he happily munches away at his sandwich. Once lunch is finished, the kids lie back against the nice fluffy wolf as he picks up his banjo and sings again. He sings songs John Henry, about the Midnight Special, Jesse James, the City of New Orleans. He tries to sneak in the one about Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner but a dirty look from Alarra puts a quick end to that.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 05:38 PM
Kyrian enters the shop and looks around.

Alarra
2006-12-27, 09:15 PM
Alarra comes out of the back room and smiles at Kyrian, (If he's still here...being it's now been 3 hours or something) "Hello. I was actually just leaving, but did you need something?"

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:20 PM
Kyrian smiles, sadly.

No, not really...mo...Alarra, I'm sorry.

Alarra
2006-12-27, 09:23 PM
"You can call me mom, it's fine." Alarra smiles. "Can I get you anything to drink?"

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:25 PM
I'm fine...thanks. Just wandering, not much else for me to really do right now...

Alarra
2006-12-27, 09:37 PM
"Alright then, well feel free to hang around the shop as long as you like, I really must be going, I'm sorry." Alarra gives him a quick hug and breezes out the door.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:40 PM
Yea mom...

Kyrian sighs sadly, and looks around.

[hr]
After a while, Kyrian leaves.

2006-12-28, 12:07 AM
The door opens and Alarra and El Jaspero return, hand-in-hand and merry. They remove their coats by the door and Alarra heads upstairs while El J hangs them up. He pauses to smell the brilliant red rose in his lapel, then shuts things up downstairs, being careful to leave a glowlamp on one of the counters should Kyrian come over.

El Jaspero then heads upstairs, just in time to help Alarra finish saying goodnight to Ala and Kint. He tucks a fallen stuffed llama back into Kint's bed, then turns off the light and gently closes the door. They get ready for bed, brush out each other's hair, and are soon snuggled together, sleeping peacefully under a stack of quilts.

Kyrian
2006-12-28, 12:30 AM
Kyrian quietly enters the shop, and locks the door behind him. With silent steps, he goes upstairs and finds an empty room. He collapses on the bed, and slowly falls asleep, tears still flowing from his eyes.

2006-12-28, 07:29 AM
El Jaspero lies awake in bed; even though Alarra is sleeping softly at his side, he can sense something is amiss. After a bit of reflection he makes a slight nod to himself. "That's right, too." He smiles a bit sadly, then snuggles back up against Alarra for a couple more hours of warmth and sleep.

Kyrian
2006-12-28, 09:17 AM
Kyrian wakes up in the morning, and wipes all the tears from his eyes. He slowly gets up and leaves the room, trying to leave no trace that he was even there. He walks out into the hallway, and stands in front of the door to Jaspero and Alarra.

I'm sorry...

With a small sigh, Kyrian slowly heads downstairs, and quietly out the door.

2006-12-28, 06:49 PM
The door opens and El Jaspero comes in. He barely has his coat off before he's pounced upon by Kint and Ala.

Yay! Now we can play!
Auntielarra was way too busy today, it's not fair.

El J picks himself up off the floor and grins at the kids. "I should have taken you with me in that case. A whole day running about the Liza, getting her ready for the winter. Gaelon even asked after you. But for now, get your coats on already!"

He gets his coat back on and once the newly-bundled kids join him, they run out into the back yard to make a snowgre.

Kyrian
2006-12-28, 06:55 PM
Kyrian enters the shop and, having heard the voices outside, heads to the back. He stands in the doorway, watching his father play with Kint and Ala. He sighs sadly, yet smiles.

2006-12-28, 08:14 PM
El J waves to Kyrian. "Ahoy there! Come on, we need a hand putting the snowgre's head on!"

Yeah, and he's going to have scary fangs!
His name is Maurice!

2006-12-28, 09:11 PM
Once Maurice is complete and a brief reenactment of the timeless struggle between gods and mortals has been reenacted in snowball form, Alarra calls the red-faced participants in for hot cocoa and gingerbread cookies. As they enter, she gives El J a sharp look.

"Oh, right...sorry, love."

He takes off his boots after giving her a kiss and runs upstairs to get warm, dry clothes for the kids, which he promptly makes sure they put on.

Kyrian
2006-12-28, 09:54 PM
Kyrian gives his mother a hug before he leaves.

2006-12-28, 10:13 PM
El J and the kids wave goodbye to Kyrian, then he and Alarra settle them down in front of the fire to have the strange conversation of explaining to them who Kyrian is.

So since you're our auntie and uncle...he's our cousin?
Then how 'come he's not an elf?

The couple sighs, and tries one more time.

--------------------

After what seems to be a sufficient time, the kids finally agree that it is in fact excusable that Kyrian might not have low-light vision, despite his fairly close relationship to them.

"That's enough questions for tonight I think. I'm sure they can wait until tomorrow."

But his ears-

"Best not pester your dear Auntie any more, Ala."

El J scoots the somewhat-recalcitrant kids off to bed, sings them a lullaby, then joins Alarra in bed with a contented sigh as she curls up against him. They look into each other's eye for a silent, questioning moment before giggling and sharing a kiss. They snuggle together and are soon fast asleep.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:05 AM
Kyrian tries to enter the shop quietly, but does a fine job stubbing his toe. He stops himself halfway through a loud curse, and stops moving, listening for movement upstairs.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:13 AM
Alarra, who'd been almost asleep, hears the noise downstairs, and slips out of bed, being sure not to wake El J.

She comes downstairs quietly, "Oh, Kyrian...you startled me."

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:14 AM
Sorry...didn't mean to.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:14 AM
"No, it's fine. Are you alright?"

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:15 AM
Yes, mom......no.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:18 AM
"Do you want to talk about it? I'll make tea." She motions him to follow her back to the kitchen.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:20 AM
Kyrian slowly follows, and sits at the table.

I talked to dad the other night about it, but I'm still worried. Lillah was kidnapped the other day, and apparently the torturer took my form while he tortured her. She asked me to stay elsewhere, which is why I've been here.

He sighs.

I'm so worried that I'm going to lose her...

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:21 AM
Alarra brings two cups of tea over and hands one to Kyrian before sitting across from him.

"Have you talked to her about it?"

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:23 AM
I've tried...I've really no clue what I can say.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:27 AM
"Do you have any idea who kidnapped her?"

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:29 AM
No...Earin killed him before we could ask or...

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:32 AM
Alarra nods, "It probably just shook her up and she needs a few days to get herself back together. You're probably worrying over nothing." Alarra pauses for a sip of tea. "I mean...she does know that it wasn't you right?"

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:33 AM
Kyrian takes a sip of the tea. I believe so...

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:41 AM
"Well, as long as she doesn't actually think you attacked her, then I would guess everything will be fine in a few days." She places her hand on his and gives it a slight squeeze, "But I know the uncertainty is hard."

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:43 AM
Kyrian gives his mother a small smile. It is....I'm sorry...I feel like I've failed you both...with my reputation with women....

Kyrian sighs again.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:47 AM
Alarra smiles reassuringly, "Don't be silly."

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:49 AM
Kyrian gives another small smile. How did you know...that I was telling the truth the other night?

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:54 AM
"I could feel it, sense the connection between us, always could...when you said what you did, it just clicked and made perfect sense. I think part of me always knew."

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 01:56 AM
I'm...I was just so happy. I've gone most of my life, not knowing.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 02:01 AM
"I wish I knew why...what happened...or happens rather...to make us...you....your memories...I can't imagine what could possibly have happened to make us want you to forget us."

Alarra finishes her tea and doesn't quite manage to stifle a yawn, "I'm sorry.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 02:03 AM
Unfortunately that's the one thing that I don't have an answer to.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 02:10 AM
"Well, I'm sure it's something we'll figure out eventually." She smiles and goes to put her cup in the kitchen.
"I really should be getting back to sleep though."
She smiles and gives him a hug.
"You'll be alright? Is there anything else I can get for you? The room upstairs is alright, I hope?"

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 02:11 AM
Kyrian smiles, trying to keep the tears back.

I'll be fine. Thank you.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 02:14 AM
She hugs him again, "I'm sorry, Kyrian."

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 02:15 AM
Like you said, mom...it'll be ok..

Alarra
2006-12-29, 02:18 AM
"I'm sure it will be." Alarra smiles at him. "Now....we should be getting some sleep."
She turns to head upstairs, before pausing to look back at him.
"Coming?"

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 02:20 AM
Kyrian nods and stands.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 02:23 AM
Alarra walks upstairs and smiles at Kyrian again, "Goodnight." before heading into her own room.

El Jaspero shifts in the bed to wrap around her as she lays back down,
"He okay?" He says in a muffled, half asleep voice.
"He will be." Alarra sighs.
It is a long time before she falls asleep.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 02:26 AM
Kyrian heads upstairs and into the room he'd been in the previous night. He sits down on the bed and pulls a notebook out of his jacket. He flips through to a song he wrote down, after hearing it only several times. He stares at the song for what seems to him like an eternity, before he finally puts the notebook away and tries to sleep.

2006-12-29, 06:49 AM
It's a less-than ideal night of sleep for El Jaspero as well. Something intuitive, unexplained and unspoken, keeps at him, reminding him of Alarra's unease. Morning finds him barely-rested, lying awake in bed and full of questions again.

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 09:11 AM
Descartes - inhabiting the body of some poor fool he had just killed in the tavern - enters the store idly, lookign around. He had checked out the library - the damned elf was gone. He needed something to do to pass the time.

Feh...look at all these useless baubles. He thought to himself, examining the various jewels and adornments. Thralls are so vain..first they think they are the most beautiful species to walk the planet, then they decide they aren't good enough and have to add 15 pounds to their disgusting meat-bodies wearing all this crap.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 09:31 AM
Kyrian wakes up, having gotten little sleep. He heads downstairs and eyes the newcomer.

Can I help you?

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 10:15 AM
"I very much doubt it." Descartes spits.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:16 AM
Kyrian raises an eyebrow.

Are you looking for something?

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 10:19 AM
"No."

Descartes was hoping this thrall would catch on soon that he was wishing deeply for his death, or at least that he'd go away.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:19 AM
Then you won't mind if I kindly ask you to leave.

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 10:22 AM
"I don't mind at all, in fact." He stood there, unmoving. Descartes didn't even look up to the man. As far as he was concerned, Kyrian was just another thrall, suitable only for personal amusement and slaughter.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:23 AM
Then leave.

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 10:24 AM
"I meant I don't mind you telling me to leave, not that I don't mind leaving."

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:25 AM
Then do me the favor, and leave.

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 10:26 AM
(lawl, you're never gonna get Descartes to leave like that. He lives to be contrary)

"I don't do meatbags like you favors."

Exachix
2006-12-29, 10:27 AM
(( bye bye Descartes. ))

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:28 AM
Kyrian draws Ebony with inhuman speed. He keeps the weapon at his side, but readied if needed.

I don't believe it was really a question anymore.

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 10:31 AM
Descartes indignity fades for a moment - it is true, that as he cannot feel any pain from his host body, he does not fear Kyrian in the least. However, he still has a score to settle with that elf from the library, and it could be taxing searching for a new body. He'll concede - for now.

"Fine. Whatever." He spits, mentally putting Kyrian next on his list after Ivellio. "Go ahead and reaffirm your paltry masuclinity with your big bad gun." He turns around and walks out, muttering curses to Kyrian under his breath.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:35 AM
((Ebony is a Colt .45))

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 10:37 AM
((Ebony is a Colt .45))
((Damn. Edited))

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:38 AM
Kyrian slowly reholsters the Colt and heads back into the kitchen, to find some food.

Mik
2006-12-29, 11:04 AM
Mik wakes up and lightly nudges Thecla. He smells food.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:10 AM
Thecla's nose peeks out of the blankets

Mik
2006-12-29, 11:10 AM
Hey cutie, smells like someone's cooking breakfast.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:13 AM
Thecla grins, even though it's covered by the blankets, her tail wags. I can smell bamhacon.

Mik
2006-12-29, 11:15 AM
Shall we go try to get some food?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:17 AM
Thecla hops out of the blankets, her tail wagging faster, Oh yes, as she runs off into the kitchen.

Mik
2006-12-29, 11:18 AM
Mik laughs and follows Thecla.

Kyrian turns and smiles at both wolves as he continues to cook the bamhacon.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:19 AM
Thecla promptly lies down on Kyrian's feet to wait.

Mik
2006-12-29, 11:20 AM
Morning Thecla, Mik. I guess that wasn't exactly the reaction I'd thought you'd have to me being here and making breakfast, but it works.

Mik tilts his head, not knowing what Kyrian is talking about and waits for food.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:32 AM
Breakfast?

Mik
2006-12-29, 11:34 AM
Kyrian leans down and ruffles Thecla's ears.

Yes, breakfast.

He divides up some of the bamhacon for Thecla and Mik, and sets it down on the floor.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:36 AM
Thecla eagerly attacks her share.

Mik
2006-12-29, 11:37 AM
Mik digs into his food, wondering why Kyrian's there this early in the morning.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 11:38 AM
Kyrian takes a seat at the table, and slowly eats some food.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:43 AM
Thecla finishes and goes under the table to lie on Kyrian's feet again.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 11:44 AM
Aren't you even the tinniest bit curious, Thecla? As to why I'm here?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:47 AM
You're here or you're there? or somewhere? Everyone is somewhere. You're here because you choose to be?

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 11:48 AM
Well, that....and I found my parents recently. Spent all my life trying to find them.

Kyrian scratches behind her ears.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:52 AM
Ah, well I'm not going home, my parent's wouldn't even recognize me.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Thecla.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 11:57 AM
Well, they kinda wouldn't recognize me, hehe I'm a hound archon not a human anymore and I was dedicated to St Cuthbert at a very young age so I didn't know them very long.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 11:59 AM
Well, as far as I knew before, I'd never known my parents. And then when we all took that trip, we found out that my parents had helped lock my memories. But now they're unlocked.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:00 PM
That's good for you. I hope they are happy ones.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:03 PM
They are. Jaspero and Alarra are really great parents.

Mik
Mik just about chokes on the last of his bamhacon. He curls up nearby, eager to hear more.

wxdruid
Good, I'm happy for you.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:04 PM
So how have you and Mik been?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:09 PM
Just fine, we're going to be leaving on a journey to new and different places soon.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:10 PM
You'll come back and see all of us?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:14 PM
Yes, someday, don't know when.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:15 PM
I'll be sad to see you two go. Two less people to keep me in check.

Kyrian smiles and ruffles Thecla's ears.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:20 PM
You'll be fine, her tail wags as he ruffles her ears.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:22 PM
Thanks for everything Thecla. I'm sorry I wasn't so nice the first time we met.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:23 PM
Is all right, your feet became more comfortable with time.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:25 PM
Glad you think so.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:34 PM
Thecla rolls over and scratches her back on Kyrian's feet.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:35 PM
Kyrian scratches Thecla's tummy.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 12:37 PM
Her tail wags harder

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 12:38 PM
Kyrian continues to scratch at Thecla's belly. Mik gives a small whine and scoots closer, and Kyrian laughs as he suddenly finds himself scratching both wolves.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:10 PM
Mik opens his eyes and looks around. He licks Thecla's cheek, to wake her.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:16 PM
Thecla rolls back over, Yes?

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:17 PM
Let's go find a deer....I'm hungry.

He grins and his tail wags.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:26 PM
Hm, I don't know if I have quite that much energy tonight.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:27 PM
Hm... Mik stands and stretches a bit, and playfully nips at Thecla's tail.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:31 PM
She whisks it out of the way and he nips at air.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:31 PM
Mik playfully growls and jumps at her.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:35 PM
She 'ports across the room and giggles.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:35 PM
Mik runs after her, playfully growling. He tries to slide and take her legs out from under her, and dropping her onto him.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:37 PM
Thecla 'ports to behind him and tries to nip his tail.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:37 PM
Mik yelps and turns, putting his nose close to hers.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:40 PM
She touches her nose to his and whirls around and runs

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:40 PM
Mik chases after her.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:41 PM
She 'ports to behind him again and nips at his tail.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:42 PM
Hey...

Mik 'ports behind her and tries to nip her tail.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:43 PM
Thecla 'ports to the other side of the room and giggles.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:44 PM
Mik 'ports beside her, licks her cheek, and 'ports back to where he started.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:46 PM
Thecla giggles harder and 'ports so she can nip his tail again.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:47 PM
Mik, finally seeing a slight pattern, pulls his tail away so she nips air.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:49 PM
She chases his tail.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:50 PM
Mik runs around the table and out into the shop.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:52 PM
Thecla chases him, reaching for his tail.

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:54 PM
Just before she gets his tail, Mik jumps into the blankets in their corner, and tries to hide his large wolf self in them.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:55 PM
Thecla giggles and starts digging him out

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:57 PM
Mik giggles from underneath, and when she uncovers his head he grins up at her.

Hi cutie..

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 05:58 PM
Hiya silly

Mik
2006-12-29, 05:59 PM
I love you. You're my cutie. Mik's still concealed tail begins to wag.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:03 PM
Thecla laughs, I love you too, silly.

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:04 PM
Hey Thecla...?

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:07 PM
Thecla tilts her head to the side, Yes?

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:09 PM
I know you like being a wolf...but...I was just wondering, if I could hold you tonight. It's ok if you don't want to, but I just wanted to ask.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:11 PM
Oh, okay, that's fine. Thecla switches to hound archon and looks at him with her sweet eyes.

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:13 PM
Mik gets up and switches to hybrid. Thank you. He says with a smiles as he looks into her eyes.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:14 PM
She goes over to hug him, putting her head over his shoulder.

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:16 PM
He wraps his arms around her waist and holds onto her.

I'm really happy to go on this trip with you.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:20 PM
I'm glad, it'll be a lot more fun with you along. I wonder when we'll see El Jaspero next. I don't want to leave without telling him goodbye.

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:21 PM
I'm so glad I met you Thecla. You've taught me a lot.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:23 PM
You've changed a lot, just look at you. You're a bit more furry than when I first met you.

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:25 PM
Well, I'd heard somewhere that love makes you do things that seem crazy?

Mik smiles.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:27 PM
Thecla laughs very quietly and hugs him tighter. mmmmm, you're quite silly

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:29 PM
And you're quite cute. Mik sighs happily and licks her cheek.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:30 PM
Thecla grins and steps back, want to sit down?

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:31 PM
Mik returns her grin and sits, moving the blankets so they'll be comfortable. He offers Thecla his hand.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:35 PM
Thecla takes his hand and sits gracefully next to him.

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:37 PM
Mik wraps an arm around Thecla's waist and holds her close.

wxdruid
2006-12-29, 06:39 PM
She cuddles up close to him and sighs with contentment.

Mik
2006-12-29, 06:41 PM
Mik gently rubs his cheek against hers and cuddles with her.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:08 PM
Kyrian wakes up and makes some tea.

Alarra
2006-12-29, 10:21 PM
The door to the shop swings open, apparently of its own accord, and Alarra comes breezing in, juggling a pile of packages about twice as large as she ought to be carrying.

Oh Alarra, give me some of those.
Once half the pile has been transferred into Rhianne's arms, the two women carry everything upstairs.

Rhianne comes back down a few moments later and returns to cleaning a display case.

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 10:24 PM
Kyrian comes out to the shop, with a mug of tea. He nods to Rhianne and looks around.

[hr]
He leaves.

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 11:30 PM
A man enters the building. Long, black hair is strewn everywhere, seemingly matted down in the back. His clothes are wrinkled and torn in some places. He looks a little disheveled.

"Hey, does this place have a dumpster round back that I can use?"

Alarra
2006-12-29, 11:36 PM
Umm...no. It doesn't.

Nevrmore
2006-12-29, 11:39 PM
"Damn. Thanks anyway." He says. He leaves, muttering under his breath.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-29, 11:56 PM
*The llama trots out from the back of the store and turns to Rhianne* "What was that about? A dumpster?"

Kyrian
2006-12-29, 11:57 PM
Kyrian enters the shop and starts to head up the stairs, and stops. Something didn't sit quite right with the senses he could feel in the room.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:00 AM
*Atreyu looks on confused at Kyrian.*

Has he been teleporting so much he's forgotten how stairs work?

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:02 AM
Hey llama...how have you been buddy?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:07 AM
"Pretty well, mostly playing with the kids. Um...do you need help with those?" *He gestures to the steps.*

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:08 AM
No, I just thought I senesed something. Hey...do you know if my mother's around?

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:11 AM
Rhianne shrugs, Dunno, he was looking for a dumpster, I guess.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:16 AM
Rhianne, you know if my mom's around?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:19 AM
"your mom? I don't know. I've never met her but other than dumpster guy I haven't seen anyone here today."

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:20 AM
Sorry Atreyu. Forgot you didn't know. Alarra. I'm looking for Alarra...

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:21 AM
She should be upstairs.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:24 AM
"Oh yeah, Alarra's upstairs, she'll know if your mom has been in lately or not."

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:25 AM
Kyrian heads up the stairs with a laugh, calling back down to Atreyu.

Alarra is my mom, silly.

He gets upstairs and looks up and down the hallway, not sure which way to go.

Mom?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:30 AM
*The llama sits down the think*
"Oh man, I thought I had this whole human reproductive thing worked out, but Kyrian is well, not much older than Alarra. Ooooh, maybe he's like Athena and popped out of Alarra's head fully grown. No that means that Alarra would have had to have tricked him into turning into a fly then ate him and I don't think Alarra would eat a bug. Oh wait, time travel! Kyrian is from the future."

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:34 AM
There's a light on in the smallest room off of the hall, the one adjoining Alarra and El J's room, the one that Kyrian would swear wasn't there yesterday.

Should he look in, he'd find Alarra sitting in the middle of a half decorated nursery, fast asleep in the yellow checkered rocking chair.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:36 AM
*Pleased with himself for having solved that mess, the llama trots off to see how the temple is doing.*

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:47 AM
Kyrian does look in, and quietly crosses over to his mother, hugging her as best he can.

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:51 AM
(sorry, but she's not going to wake up and chat, i'm seriously falling asleep at the computer here. I have to go to sleep)

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:53 AM
Kyrian looks around for a blanket. If he finds one, he puts it over his mother. If he can't find one, then he'll summon one and put it over his mother. Either way, he'll make sure she's comfortable. He leaves the room, quietly shutting the door behind him and heads downstairs, and out the door.

2006-12-30, 01:48 AM
El Jaspero slips back into the house after a long night of intense discussion with Janae. He easily finds Alarra without turning on a light and stands in the half-finished nursery, a glowing smile on his face and tears silently running down his face. "Oh, my sweet, sweet love."

He carefully picks Alarra up and carries her down the hall to the bedroom, then lovingly tucks her in. He kneels at the bedside, just gazing at her and occasionally caressing her hair, or touching her hand, her cheek, while humming bits of lullabies and romantic old-fashioned waltzes. After a few minutes he finally starts to get cold so he quickly changes and slides into bed. He soon falls asleep too, wrapped tightly around Alarra and dreaming of a house delightfully overrun with children.

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:08 PM
After breakfast, Alarra sets about finishing the nursery, and can be heard humming happily as she hangs curtains.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:21 PM
Kyrian enters the shop, and heads upstairs, not caring how much noise he seems to be making.

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-30, 12:22 PM
A man in long, flowing monk robes enters. "Hello?" he calls from the shop's desk.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:29 PM
Kyrian enters his room and lays on the bed. He stares up at the ceiling for hours.

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:31 PM
Rhianne comes up from the back, Hello. Can I help you?

Alarra pokes her head out in the hallway, "Kyrian?"

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:32 PM
What? Kyrian goes back out to the hall.

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-30, 12:34 PM
"Hello my child" he speaks with soft, gentle tones "I require a ring making for my, and am led to believe you offer such a service. What, pray tell, would be the cost of a magical ring capable of allowing my punches to reach foes some distance away, say, for arguemnts sake, 70 feet. It is, sadly, the one thing I have been unable to master"

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:40 PM
"Oh, nothing...I just wasn't sure if that was you. How are things?"

Rhianne considers this, A....ring....that allows you to punch people....70 feet away? I have no idea if that's possible. I can go get Alarra, she may have a better idea.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 12:42 PM
Kyrian gives a sad smile.

Been better mom...helps to know I now have parents that still love me. I'm going to just go sit and think for a while.

Kyrian goes back into his room and lays on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-30, 12:44 PM
"Sorry to be of bother my chiild. But yes, please go see if she can answer my question." he smiles sweetly at the woman whilst fidgeting with his hands.

Alarra
2006-12-30, 12:51 PM
Alarra begins to follow him, to see if she can help at all, when Rhianne comes upstairs.

Alarra, there's a man downstairs wanting a ring that lets him punch 70 ft. away. Is that possible?

Alarra turns back towards the shop, considering this, "Hmm...yeah, I think that would be possible, somewhat anyway.

She comes downstairs and smiles at the man. "Hello, I'm Alarra. A ring that allows you to punch at a distance? That is possible, or at least, it's possible to make a ring that will absorb the force of your swing and release it as energy at a target, if that's what you're wishing for."

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-30, 12:56 PM
"Yes, that would suffice, so long as it were able to transmit several blows a second, as I am quite adept at using a rapid succesion of blows... yes, I believe that would do nicely"

Alarra
2006-12-30, 01:03 PM
"Well, it will take me a day or so, but that should be no problem. I can delivery it to you if you'd like?

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-30, 01:06 PM
"I am of no fixed abode at present dear. I need neither food, water or sleep thanks to my mastery of my art. How long will it be before I can return to you and pick it up? And could we discuss payment now, perhaps?"

Alarra
2006-12-30, 01:12 PM
"I would check back tomorrow, and as far as payment...my items have no fixed price. Whatever you are willing to pay is what they cost."

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-30, 01:13 PM
"I shall return tomorrow then" he says, and with a flurry of white cotton robes he leaves.

Alarra
2006-12-30, 01:19 PM
Alarra heads back upstairs to the nursery.

2006-12-30, 06:09 PM
Up in the nursery, El J whistles happily to himself as he assembles the new +6 crib, heavy fortification and invulnerability. For such a stoutly defensive piece of furniture it's quite light and charming; the mobile of energy protection has duckies and alligators!

He and Alarra finally get to the point where they need to stop or burn out and order pizza, much to Kint and Ala's delight.

Mik
2006-12-30, 08:21 PM
Mik wakes up. He smiles when he sees Thecla in his arms, and lightly touches his nose to hers.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:46 PM
She wakes up and smiles. She gets up and shifts to wolf, shaking and fluffing out her fur.

Mik
2006-12-30, 08:49 PM
Thank you...

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:50 PM
Thecla climbs back in his lap and licks his cheek.

Mik
2006-12-30, 08:51 PM
I love you cutie. Mik smiles and ruffles her ears.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:55 PM
silly, I love you too, as her tail starts wagging.

Mik
2006-12-30, 08:55 PM
How'd you like some dinner?

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 08:57 PM
Trog's steak?

Mik
2006-12-30, 08:58 PM
Sounds good to me.

Mik playfully pushes Thecla out of his lap so that he can shift to wolf.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:01 PM
Thecla tumbles off and runs towards the door.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:03 PM
Mik grins and runs after her.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:05 PM
She waits at the door, for him to open it.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:06 PM
Mik laughs and shifts back to hybrid, to open the door.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:07 PM
Thecla runs outside into the streets.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:08 PM
Mik steps outside and shuts the door, before he shifts to wolf again and runs after Thecla.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 10:32 PM
Kyrian gets up and leaves his room, heading downstairs.

Mik
2006-12-30, 10:49 PM
Mik and Thecla appear in the shop. Thecla waits for Mik to shift back to wolf form and curl up in their corner before she gets all nice and cuddly next to him. They both soon fall asleep.

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 10:53 PM
Kyrian looks around, for either Jaspero or Alarra. Not finding either, he heads into the kitchen.

2006-12-30, 11:27 PM
El J comes into the kitchen, dusting off his hands.

"Kyrian," he says, a bit surprised. "It's good to see you again. How are things?"

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 11:30 PM
Been better...

Alarra
2006-12-30, 11:34 PM
Alarra comes downstairs into the kitchen a few minutes later. "Oh, hello Kyrian...I was just going to make tea....Would either of you like a cup?"

Kyrian
2006-12-30, 11:35 PM
Thanks please, mom...

2006-12-30, 11:36 PM
"What's up? Anything we can help with?"

Alarra
2006-12-30, 11:37 PM
Alarra listens to their conversation as she brews a pot of tea, and brings cups in for the three of them.