PDA

View Full Version : One Mind, Two Bodies-How?

qwertyu63
2013-06-11, 08:31 PM
I have a character (Warforged, if it matters), and I'd like him to be in two places at once. He doesn't have casting of his own, but can easily raise funds to get someone else to cast for him. (I intend to put the one of them in a bag of holding carried by the other one, for rather complex reasons.) I'm not trying to get extra actions out of this, so if the main/real one has to use his actions to cause the other one to act this is fine. Can this be done?

Flickerdart
2013-06-11, 08:40 PM
Dvati (Dragon Compendium) have two bodies, so polymorphing into a dvati could work.

ArcturusV
2013-06-11, 08:40 PM
Well, my thinking is Clone as the basis. You can use that to make a copy of yourself that is basically just an object. Then because inanimate meatbags are not Creatures, case Animate Object on it. Then you have a clone of yourself which is basically mindless and will attack whatever you tell it to, stuff it in a Bag of Holding, whatever. Seems like it'd fit what you'd want.

Humble Master
2013-06-11, 08:42 PM
Simulcrum kind of works. You technically are two different minds but you have total control over the Simulcrum.

karkus
2013-06-11, 08:43 PM
You could always Magic Jar around places...

Psyren
2013-06-11, 09:57 PM
Fission, or you could make him a Dread for their Shadow Twin. (Incidentally, I think DSP inadvertently fixed the Dvati/updated them for Pathfinder with that ability.)