PDA

View Full Version : Seeking the aid of the community!

MirthTheBard
2013-06-11, 10:42 PM
Hello there, my name is Alex and I am a fairly new Dungeons and Dragons player. My mentor, Mr. G, is a physics teacher and the sponsor of the Dungeons and Dragons club at my school. I am graduating this year and have become a better person for learning Dungeons and Dragons, as well as discovering what will probably be a life-long hobby.

However, all is not well. The school district of Philadelphia is infamous for it's poor budget choices and, as such, is in a massive amount of debt. This is terrible as some of the higher-ups in the district, not teachers, mind you, get raises while countless teachers are being laid off due to the poor choices of the district... this includes Mr. G, the person that taught me Dungeons and Dragons. He's a good man, a sponsor of the arts, and one of the student body's favorites at the school believe it or not, yet he is being laid off for no reason other than the ineptitude of those that control the district's money.

I come to you, the community that I believe is full of people that are mostly good aligned in real life, and ask you to help the cause of my teacher by signing this online petition. Every signature helps, and it would be greatly appreciated.
-Please use full name, no nicknames, this needs to be legitimate, thanks :)-
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/save-our-schools-4.fb28?source=s.icn.fb&r_by=8031135

No dice rolls necessary, and real-life experience gained for sure.

Animastryfe
2013-06-20, 10:14 AM
Note that online petitions are one of the least useful forms of swaying a congressperson/politician. Actual mail (not email), and phone calls to the politician's office from voters within that politician's jurisdiction are the best ways. This is well known, and simple Google searches should bring up multiple citations.

That said, I imagine that the signers of that petition should be US citizens, correct? If so, then I cannot sign it.