PDA

View Full Version : My Version of Fighter (3.5)

LordErebus12
2013-06-12, 11:09 AM
Figured I'd work on a fighter fix of my own. gonna be searching the forums for neat abilities and piece it together as i go.

Fighter

Abilities: Str, Con, Int
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d10

Class Skills
The fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (any two except arcana, religion or the planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table=head]{colsp=6}Table: Fighter Class
Level| BAB | Fort| Ref |Will| Special

1st |+1 |+2 |+2 |+0 | Bonus Feat, Skilled, Weapon Focus
2nd |+2 |+3 |+3 |+0 | Bonus Feat, Combat Expertise
3rd |+3 |+3 |+3 |+1 | Deflective Defense/Armored Bastion
4th |+4 |+4 |+4 |+1 | Bonus Feat
5th |+5 |+4 |+4 |+1 | Steady, Powerful Strike +1d6

6th |+6/+1 |+5 |+5 |+2 | Bonus Feat, Weapon Specialization
7th |+7/+2 |+5 |+5 |+2 | Defensive Parry
8th |+8/+3 |+6 |+6 |+2 | Bonus Feat
9th |+9/+4 |+6 |+6 |+3 | Dazing Strike
10th |+10/+5 |+7 |+7 |+3 | Bonus Feat, Seasoned Warrior

11th |+11/+6/+1 |+7 |+7 |+3 | Powerful Strike +2d6
12th |+12/+7/+2 |+8 |+8 |+4 | Bonus Feat
13th |+13/+8/+3 |+8 |+8 |+4 | Riddle of Steel
14th |+14/+9/+4 |+9 |+9 |+4 | Bonus Feat, Retraining
15th |+15/+10/+5 |+9 |+9 |+5 | Awesome Blow

16th |+16/+11/+6/+1 |+10 |+10 |+5 | Bonus Feat
17th |+17/+12/+7/+2 |+10 |+10 |+5 | Powerful Strike +3d6
18th |+18/+13/+8/+3 |+11 |+11 |+6 | Bonus Feat
19th |+19/+14/+9/+4 |+11 |+11 |+6 | I've Fought Worse
20th |+20/+15/+10/+5 |+12 |+12 |+6 | Bonus Feat, Fabled Warrior
[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the fighter.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
The fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons as well as one exotic weapon per point of intelligence modifier (minimum 1). They are proficient in all armor, as well as with all shields (including tower shields).

Bonus Feats:
At 1st level, a fighter gets a bonus combat-oriented feat in addition to the feat that any 1st-level character gets and the bonus feat granted to a human character. The fighter gains an additional bonus feat at 2nd level and every two fighter levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th). These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as fighter bonus feats. A fighter must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.
These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. A fighter is not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing these feats.

Skilled:
The Fighter chooses three non-class skills. These become Class Skills for the Fighter, and she gains a permanent +3 untyped bonus to these three skills. If the Fighter selects skills that are class skills for another class the Fighter belongs to, the selected skill(s) gain the untyped bonus.

Deflective Defense (Ex):
When not wearing medium or heavy armor or/and not when using a tower shield, a character adds 1 point of Intelligence bonus (if any) per two class levels to her Armor Class while wielding a melee weapon. This bonus is treated as a deflection bonus. If a character is caught flat-footed or otherwise denied her Dexterity bonus, she also loses this bonus. The fighter cannot benefit from both this ability and Armored Bastion at the same time.

Armored Bastion (Ex):
While he employs medium or heavy armor or/and a tower shield, the armor check penalty for both is reduced by 3 (minimum 0) and the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by both his armor and shield increases by 2. Also, his speed is not reduced in medium or heavy armor. The fighter cannot benefit from both this ability and Deflective Defense at the same time.

Steady:
A Fighter will always hold the line, no matter the cost. She gains a bonus equal to 1/2 her full Base Attack Bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground). At level 14th level, she still receives the bonus while climbing or riding.

Powerful Strike (Ex):
At 5th level, a fighter gains the ability to strike with tremendous force with a weapon. Whenever the fighter makes a single attack, he gains an extra 1d6 damage to her normal damage roll if the fighter scores a successful hit.

Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to a powerful strike, and any item or ability that protects a creature from critical hits also protects a creature from a powerful strike. At 11th level, the extra damage on a powerful strike increases to +2d6 and at 17th level it increases to +3d6.

Defensive Parry (Ex):
At 7th level and higher, if a fighter chooses to use, fight defensively or use total defense in melee combat, she gains an additional +1 dodge bonus to AC for every four levels of fighter she has. This dodge bonus stacks with any other dodge bonus, such as from the dodge feat. Whenever she uses Combat Expertise, she gains DR X/-, where X is the penalty she takes to attack rolls. Opponents within her reach who damage to her take X damage.

Dazing Strike:
As a standard action, you may make an attack against an opponent within weapon range. On a successful attack, you inflict normal damage, and your opponent must make a Fortitude save DC (10 + ½ level + Strength modifier) or be Dazed for 1 round. You may use this ability once per day, plus one additional time for every 4 points of Base attack you have.

Seasoned Warrior:
At 10th level, whenever a fighter is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the fighter is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A fighter is considered one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him.

However, a fighter cannot use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty and his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this ability stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.

Riddle of Steel (Ex):
At 13th level, a fighter’s critical multiplier increases by one for his attacks with any weapon for which he has a Weapon Specialization (i.e. 19-20/x2 becomes 19-20/x3).

Retraining (Ex):
The ideal warrior must adapt to new circumstances, otherwise he will perish when faced with new threats. At 14th level, after 8 hours of rest and 1 hour of drilling exercises, a Fighter can now switch out a number of combat feats up to half his level and replace them with other combat feats. A Fighter must meet the prerequisites for the new feats, and must first remove a higher-ranking feat if he wishes to replace a feat which serves as a prerequisite.

For Example: a Fighter with Combat Expertise and Whirlwind Attack must replace Whirlwind Attack first before replacing Combat Expertise). For the purposes of this class feature, a combat feat is a feat which a fighter can select as a fighter bonus feat.

Awesome Blow:
As a standard action, the fighter may choose to subtract 4 from its melee attack roll and deliver an awesome blow. If the fighter hits a corporeal opponent smaller than itself with an awesome blow, its opponent must succeed on a Reflex save (DC = damage dealt) or be knocked flying 10 feet in a direction of the attacking fighter’s choice and fall prone. The attacking fighter can only push the opponent in a straight line, and the opponent can’t move closer to the attacking fighter than the square it started in. If an obstacle prevents the completion of the opponent’s move, the opponent and the obstacle each take 1d6 points of damage, and the opponent stops in the space adjacent to the obstacle.

I’ve Fought Worse (Ex):
The fighter has fought numerous foes of his career and has grown more at ease and determined with what needs to be done. The fighter becomes immune to fear effects and gains a +4 bonus on saves against mind affecting effects.

Fabled Warrior (Ex):
At 20th level, all opponents within 15’ of the fighter suffer a -4 morale penalty to all Saving Throws in combat, as well as a -2 morale penalty on Armor Class. Also, a fighter can re-roll any failed saving throw once per day.

LordErebus12
2013-06-12, 11:27 AM
Pressure Points
Prerequisites: Dexterity 16+; Dazing Strike
Effect: When you hit with a Dazing Strike, you may inflict the Stunned or Paralyzed status Instead of the Dazed status. Taking this feat also grants you an additional daily use of Dazing Strike.

Staggering Blows
Prerequisites: Strength 16+; Dazing Strike
Effect: When an opponent saves against your Dazing Strike, they are Staggered for 1 round. Taking this feat also grants you an additional daily use of Dazing Strike.

LordErebus12
2013-06-12, 01:17 PM
alright, below is fine to post.

ngilop
2013-06-12, 04:41 PM
I noticed some copy paste error you say precise strike and duelist in the powerful strike ability.

i also say to instead of making it be a one handed and no of hand item thing, base it upon being for instance 5 over the number to hit an AC or something along those lines so that every fighter benefits from it not from the swashbuckler type that already gets more love with your earlier ability.

to me the capstone is crap, why does the fighters capstone benefit every other class except the fighter?

instead make it a -2 to AC and Attacks and allow the fighter to not auto fail on a nat 1 on attacks that is an ability the fighter can use.

other than that, it seem spretty good i would give the heavy armor archety[e a bit more love so that it is on par with the swashbuckling abilities the fighter already has.

LordErebus12
2013-06-12, 05:51 PM
I noticed some copy paste error you say precise strike and duelist in the powerful strike ability.

Fixed.

i also say to instead of making it be a one handed and no of hand item thing, base it upon being for instance 5 over the number to hit an AC or something along those lines so that every fighter benefits from it not from the swashbuckler type that already gets more love with your earlier ability.

Now it applies to any single standard attack action made to attack a foe.

to me the capstone is crap, why does the fighters capstone benefit every other class except the fighter? instead make it a -2 to AC and Attacks and allow the fighter to not auto fail on a nat 1 on attacks that is an ability the fighter can use.

Dazing Strike benefits from it, as do some of the feats that spring off from Dazing Strike. Sure it applies to a lot of other character's abilities, but it applies to your strike too. But i see what you mean, it is a bit weak for a capstone.

other than that, it seems pretty good. i would give the heavy armor archetype a bit more love so that it is on par with the swashbuckling abilities the fighter already has.

Any suggestions for the heavy armored type?