PDA

View Full Version : Help! Song identify!

SilverElf4
2006-12-04, 03:00 AM
Argh, I'm trying to finish a paper for tomorrow and I have this song stuck in my head distracting me.

It has a clear bass line (duh nuh nuh nuh nuhnuh ::pause:: duh nuh nuh nuh nuhnuh) where it goes up and then comes down (notes not volume)

Lyrics are murky but is like "Say what you..." (cue duh nuh nuh's). In addition there is a chorus of ohwah ohwah's in background, almost like Zeppelin's Immigrant song...

Anyone got a lead on this?

Jibar
2006-12-04, 07:35 AM
Doesn't ring a bell.
Where did you hear it from?

Telonius
2006-12-04, 10:19 AM
Is the singer male or female? What's the accent, American, British...?

Don Beegles
2006-12-04, 03:53 PM
I couldn't say for sure, but it sounds distinctly Dark Sideish, though I can never remember the differences between the songs on that CD, so I can't get any more specific than that.

HealytheHealslime
2006-12-04, 10:06 PM
Do you remember what genre it's in? I know from what you told me that it's a rock song of some sort, but what of sort is it (i.e., is it hard rock? techno? etc.)? Also, from what you remeber, could you give a rough estimate on the time it was from? Songs from the 70's tend to sound like they're from the 70's, and so on.
Other than that, I don't think I could help you here. Identifying songs isn't my strong suit, and I'm especially bad at it when there's no music to go by.

SilverElf4
2006-12-09, 01:11 PM
Its rock, definately rock. I heard it most recently on Monday Night Football as one of the background songs while they did highlight clips, but I've heard it before.

Also that may not be a bass line, but it is a deep rich guitar...sound picked rather than strummed. And...pinched it that makes any sense.

Maybe "say what you want to" or "say what you wanna do" with an emphasis on say and the rest strung out behind it into lyrical obscurity....

LCR
2006-12-09, 01:22 PM
Maybe Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes?

SilverElf4
2006-12-09, 01:30 PM
No. Good song though. :smallsmile: And that leads me to a further clarification, I don't think there's much in the way of lyrics outside of what I put here - no real verses that I remember anyway.

Mr._Wilson
2006-12-10, 01:14 AM
To me, with the Zep influence and the base line cited, I'd say the song is Heart's "Barracuda".

SilverElf4
2006-12-10, 10:59 PM
Nope, I am very familiar with that particular tune.

And its a male voice in the lyrics, perhaps more than one male voice together, though with the distortion its hard to tell.

I'll keep looking, but let me through this out: Does it sound like a Radiohead song?

JabberwockySupafly
2006-12-10, 11:10 PM
Sounds an awful lot like:

Soundgarden "My Wave"

"Take, if you want a slice
If you want a piece
If it feels alright

Break, if you like the sound
If it gets you up
If it brings you down

Share, if it makes you sleep
If it sets you free
If it helps you breathe

Dont come over here
And p*** on my gate
Save it just keep it
Off my wave

Cry, if you want to cry
If it helps you see
If it clears your eyes

Hate, if you want to hate
If it keeps you safe
If it makes you brave

Pray, if you want to pray
If you like to kneel
If you like to lay"

That's some of the lyrics to the song.

SilverElf4
2006-12-16, 11:00 AM
Nope, sorry. I wish I had more to go on. I guess its a lost cause. :smallfrown:

JabberwockySupafly
2006-12-17, 09:18 PM
With all the reference to Zep i'd be inclined to say Wolfmother, but that doesn't sound like any lyrics of theirs that I can recall right now. Best of luck to you on figuring this out. Have you checked the Monday Night Football website? Occassionally sites will list tracks they use on the show somewhere on the site or in the forums. Just a thought.