PDA

View Full Version : Tracking PMs

Komodo
2013-06-12, 12:47 PM
When sending private messages, I usually like to include read receipts, so I can know whether to stop bugging the receipient. However, on a few occasions I have found myself uncertain whether or not they work. If a read receipt remains unconfirmed for a long time, I naturally assume the person in question did not receive the message. However, last night I received a reply to a message I sent, but the read receipt is still unconfirmed.

Is there a bug in message tracking, or are read receipts sent blat the will of the receipient rather than automatically? If it would help to answer my question, I will be able to include some screenshots later.

Roland St. Jude
2013-06-12, 01:48 PM
When sending private messages, I usually like to include read receipts, so I can know whether to stop bugging the receipient. However, on a few occasions I have found myself uncertain whether or not they work. If a read receipt remains unconfirmed for a long time, I naturally assume the person in question did not receive the message. However, last night I received a reply to a message I sent, but the read receipt is still unconfirmed.

Is there a bug in message tracking, or are read receipts sent blat the will of the receipient rather than automatically? If it would help to answer my question, I will be able to include some screenshots later.
Read receipts can be requested by the sender, but the recipient can choose not to send one.

Komodo
2013-06-12, 02:15 PM
That explains it, then. Thank you!

Roland St. Jude
2013-06-12, 03:50 PM
Sheriff: You're welcome.