PDA

View Full Version : Being good in evil circumstances

Martial_law
2013-06-12, 02:46 PM
I was planning on playing a Paladin, with all his shiny accouterment. Well then the rest of the team decided to play evil. Is there a way to make our teams meld? Something like enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Callin
2013-06-12, 02:48 PM
Not really honestly. The code forbids you to align, travel, play parcheesi with or you fall. If you want to go for that Paladin feel try the other variants of Paladin or try out the Crusader.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-06-12, 03:44 PM
Not really honestly. The code forbids you to align, travel, play parcheesi with or you fall. If you want to go for that Paladin feel try the other variants of Paladin or try out the Crusader.

This isn't true. The code and associates sections of the paladin are seperate entries. The associates section is either prescriptive; the paladin is literally incapable of, knowingly, associating with evil characters; meaning that upon discovering they're evil he has to leave or attack; or its misplaced RP advice.

In either case, it would be nearly impossible for a paladin to get along with an all evil party. It -could- be done (if you take the latter interpretation of the associates clause) but it would require A) giving up detect evil for some ACF, B) that the party not be blatant about their evilness, and C) almost certainly result in the paladin's inevitable fall and/or death and/or conversion to blackguard.

Coidzor
2013-06-12, 03:45 PM
I was planning on playing a Paladin, with all his shiny accouterment. Well then the rest of the team decided to play evil. Is there a way to make our teams meld? Something like enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Not really. This usually plays out with the Paladin getting ganked or corrupted, even if the Paladin is given a DM-enforced plot leash on the rest of the party.

Should've discussed what kind of game you all were wanting to play before you made your characters.

I don't suppose you have enough time to come up with a new character concept since they pulled the rug out from under you?

Martial_law
2013-06-12, 04:03 PM
I never go to a meeting without 3 or 4 options, cause the others are newer and build their characters using the "ooh shiny" scientific method.

Xervous
2013-06-12, 04:07 PM
Fresh dog excrement is shiny... but then again so are a lot of disgusting things.

McDonalds food... is shiny, if you can call that food.

CaladanMoonblad
2013-06-12, 04:17 PM
Get thee to a Paladin of Tyranny (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#paladinVariantsFreedom SlaughterAndTyranny)!

Same great taste of Law and POWER, now less filling on moral quandaries. It's all ethics now for you my friend, and what better way than to QUASH these pitiful feebs into serving YOU, the only real person worthy to rule the lands of all you see. Make sure to pick up a Black Dragon as your flying mount of choice at 6th level when you pick up Leadership : )

RFLS
2013-06-12, 04:26 PM
Build their characters using the "ooh shiny" scientific method.

To be fair, that's a valid scientific approach. I, for one, use it whenever confronted with a question of hardware purchases.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-12, 05:49 PM

Nope. Won't work.