PDA

View Full Version : Spells/etc. that cause Fatigue or Exhaustion?

Maginomicon
2013-06-12, 03:31 PM
Is there a spell, power, item, or other player-accessible effect that causes a target (or area) to be either fatigued or exhausted as the condition? (not as in with a specific duration such as minutes, rounds, hours, days, etc.)

(Naturally-occurring effects such as a hustle or forced march don't count.)

The only ones I'm aware of are Waves of Fatigue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wavesOfFatigue.htm) and Waves of Exhaustion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wavesOfExhaustion.htm), but those are really high level effects by comparsion (5th level and 7th-level spells, respectively). I'm looking for something lower-level, even if it has a saving throw or targets AC or has some other defense against it.

tyckspoon
2013-06-12, 05:25 PM
The environment books (Sandstorm/Frostburn/Stormwrack) should have a few. I know Sandstorm has Sunstroke, which is a Fort save against being inflicted with heatstroke.. heatstroke causes fatigue/exhaustion if already fatigued until properly treated. It's only level 1.

thethird
2013-06-12, 05:41 PM
I knew that making an extensive list of all the spells was a good idea...

Ashtar (Sand)
Channeled Lifetheft (CM)
Deadly Sunstroke (Sand)
Death's Call (CM)
False Brabado (MotW)
Fatigue (OA)
Fever dream (CM)
Heatstroke (SpC)
Hypothermia (SC)
Ice Blast (OA)
Karmic Aura (CM)
Kelgore's grave mist (PHB II)
Melf's Slumber arrow (CM)
Nightmare (PHB)
Power word fatigue (RotD)
Ray of Exhaustion (PhB)
Sap Strength (BoVD)
Starvation (SC)
Sunstroke (Sand)
Touch of fatigue (PHB)
Unearthly heat (Sand)
Waves of Exhaustion (PhB)
Waves of Fatigue (PhB)
Winter chill (SC)
Winter's embrace (SC)

Fouredged Sword
2013-06-12, 06:56 PM
I think one of the Fell metmagics attaches fatigue to any spel, not sure though. I may be getting it confused.

Crasical
2013-06-12, 07:10 PM

Ashtar (Sand)
Channeled Lifetheft (CM)
Deadly Sunstroke (Sand)
Death's Call (CM)
False Brabado (MotW)
Fatigue (OA)
Fever dream (CM)
Heatstroke (SpC)
Hypothermia (SC)
Ice Blast (OA)
Karmic Aura (CM)
Nightmare (PHB)
Ray of Exhaustion (PhB)
Sap Strength (BoVD)
Starvation (SC)
Sunstroke (Sand)
Touch of fatigue (PHB)
Unearthly heat (Sand)
Waves of Fatigue (PhB)
Winter chill (SC)
Winter's embrace (SC)

Ray of Exhaustion, at least, has the caveat
"Unlike normal exhaustion or fatigue, the effect ends as soon as the spell’s duration expires."

Malvanis
2013-06-12, 08:22 PM
Waves of exhaustion, if that was not already mentioned.

Maginomicon
2013-06-12, 08:29 PM

Ashtar (Sand)
Channeled Lifetheft (CM)
Deadly Sunstroke (Sand)
Death's Call (CM)
False Brabado (MotW)
Fatigue (OA)
Fever dream (CM)
Heatstroke (SpC)
Hypothermia (SC)
Ice Blast (OA)
Karmic Aura (CM)
Nightmare (PHB)
Ray of Exhaustion (PhB)
Sap Strength (BoVD)
Starvation (SC)
Sunstroke (Sand)
Touch of fatigue (PHB)
Unearthly heat (Sand)
Waves of Fatigue (PhB)
Winter chill (SC)
Winter's embrace (SC)
False Bravado, Fever Dream, Ice Blast, Karmic Aura, Kelgore's Grave Mist (probably), Melf's Slumber Arrows, Power Word Fatigue, Ray of Exhaustion, and Touch of Fatigue all have stated durations for their fatigue/exhaustion effect, and thus don't answer my (the OP's) question.

NOTE: Ashtar is probably referring to the "Ashstar" spell. Deadly Sunstroke is in CM not Sandstorm.

I think one of the Fell metmagics attaches fatigue to any spel, not sure though. I may be getting it confused.
You're probably thinking of Fell Weaken, which does not. It does however give a -4 penalty to strength for 1 minute.

Arc_knight25
2013-06-13, 07:36 AM
PF has a lvl 1 spell called Frostbite. Does 1d6+ 1/lvl Non-lethal cold dmg. And it sticks around for as many touches as you have lvls. As long as the creature has the Nonlethal dmg they are fatigued.

So if you are lvl 10 and cast this bad boy spell, You do 1d6+10 non-lethal cold dmg for 10 touches. (10d6+100 Non-lethal cold dmg if you get them all off)

I use this spell on my Magus in a PF campaign. DM nerfed the spell to max out at 5 touches at 1d6+5. He felt that left uncapped it would ruin monsters. Which he was right. Even at 1d6+5 i downed a Boss encounter in one turn by criting like twice. so 2d6+10 twice added on to my normal dmg from my weapon.

Maginomicon
2013-06-13, 05:46 PM
I use this spell on my Magus in a PF campaign. DM nerfed the spell to max out at 5 touches at 1d6+5. He felt that left uncapped it would ruin monsters. Which he was right. Even at 1d6+5 i downed a Boss encounter in one turn by criting like twice. so 2d6+10 twice added on to my normal dmg from my weapon.
How exactly did you get off multiple touch attacks in one turn? Did you have iteratives? Natural weapons? Maybe PF treats attack routines differently than 3.5, but each turn you get as many touches as you have attack actions available, which means once per turn as a standard action or a couple of times as a full-round action IF you have the iteratives, flurry, or natural weapons to pull it off.

Just because a spell gives you multiple charges doesn't mean you get multiple attack actions in a turn.

Osiris
2013-06-13, 05:49 PM
I think some warlock invoation out ther makes you either fatigued or sickened. You figure out which, I will just stay here, deal? :smallwink: