PDA

View Full Version : Corpse crafter and the Dread necro

S_Grey
2013-06-12, 10:22 PM
A player of mine has made for me a level 20 Dread necro with over 240hp. I asked him how, as the dread necro should be undead at that point, and he tried to tell me that the corpsecrafter feat:

"Benefit
Each undead you raise or create with any necromancy spell gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and +2 hit points per Hit Die."

Gave him an extra 2 hp per level. Should I tell him he's not going to pull the funeral linen over my eyes or does he actually have a case?

Flickerdart
2013-06-12, 10:24 PM
Unless the Dread Necromancer is an undead creature created by a spell, and the caster of that spell had Corpsecrafter, Corpsecrafter does nothing for him personally.

S_Grey
2013-06-12, 10:33 PM
Helpful as always, I can now shut him down without it being me shutting him down.

The only reason I don't like doing it without a second opinion is because I've done is so, so many times before, and he's starting to think I'm out to get him.

Maybe I should buy him some reading glasses for his birthday.

Silva Stormrage
2013-06-13, 12:45 AM
Its fairly common for there to be guides suggesting to use corpse crafter in this way. There are several ways of actually getting corpse crafter feats applied to you (Necropolitain is dubious but often allowed, Bone Creature/Corpse Creature or a magic jar trick to animate your corpse work.) So no need to be too harsh on him. He probably should of asked you first though.