PDA

View Full Version : 4th level into 5th prc druid?

CyberThread
2013-06-13, 01:38 PM
Is anyone aware of any prc's that are open for a 4th level druid to get into early as 5th level?

Zaq
2013-06-13, 01:40 PM
What makes you want to leave Druid before getting Wild Shape? Or at all, for that matter?

Gavinfoxx
2013-06-13, 01:41 PM
Yea, Druid 20 = Win.

Are you using any Druid ACF's?

gondrizzle
2013-06-13, 01:44 PM
What makes you want to leave Druid before getting Wild Shape? Or at all, for that matter?

The mind boggles.

Big Fau
2013-06-13, 01:54 PM

He may have been forced to trade out Wild Shape for some reason. Likely the common house rule that DMs impose to exchange it for the inferior Shapeshift variant in PH2.

CyberThread
2013-06-13, 01:58 PM
was forced to take a phbII varient for balance issues.

So back on topic please about early entry prc :P

Chronos
2013-06-13, 02:02 PM
Even with a class variant, you're probably still best off just staying in druid. There's no inherent law of the game that says that any random PrC must always be superior to the base class you enter from, and in fact that's never true of a well-designed PrC (which should offer both advantages and disadvantages to balance them).

CyberThread
2013-06-13, 02:13 PM
*faceplam* please am not asking for build advice, am asking for knowledge.

Invader
2013-06-13, 02:13 PM
Lion of talisid but you cant enter till 6th?

There's not really a lot available to enter at 5th level let alone something not terrible.

Invader
2013-06-13, 02:18 PM
Actually the Abolisher from LoM might work perfect for you. It advances 9/10 divine casting and gives some very focused class abilities. Unless you'll never fight aberrations, then its almost worthless.

Big Fau
2013-06-13, 02:20 PM
*faceplam* please am not asking for build advice, am asking for knowledge.

The only thing I can think of that requires 4 level of Druid at minimum is Arcane Hierophant (RotW), but it requires levels of Wizard on top of those levels of Druid and can't be entered at 5th level without early entry trickery (same stuff you'd use for Mystic Theurge).

A 5th level Druid can enter Planar Shepherd, but seeing as you've been forced to use the Shapeshift variant Druid I'd be highly suspect of a DM that would bar you from Wild Shape and then allow that PrC at all.

nedz
2013-06-13, 02:29 PM
There are a few, but you are probably better off waiting a few levels. This list is not complete, nor are all of the PrCs useful.

2nd Stoneblessed
3rd Darkwater Knight
4th Dragonmark Heir
5th

Beastmaster
Divine Oracle
Elemental Savant
Harper Agent
Jobber
Master Astrologer
Master of Many Forms
Outcast Champion
Reachrunner
Reforged
Runecaster
Ruathar
Seeker of the Misty Isle
Swanmay
Vermin Keeper

6th

Bloodhound
Blighter
Extreme Explorer
Infused Spellcaster
Infused Warrior
Lion of Talisid
Nature’s Warrior
Purple Dragon Knight
Sharn Skymage
Spirit Speaker
Stormlord
Warshaper
Weretouched Master
Wild Plains Outrider
Wonderworker

7th

Anointed Knight
Apelord
Bearlord
Birdlord
Branch Dancer
Catlord
Crane Shen
Dark Hunter
Darkwood Stalker
Deepwarden
Divine Disciple
Dragon Shen
Drow
Judicator
Earth Dreamer
Gnome Giant-Slayer
Hathran
High Handcrafter
Horselord
Hospitaler
Itinerant Warder of Yondala
Kensai
Mantis Shen
Master Thrower
Menacing Brute
Mole
Monkey Shen
Occult Slayer
Panther Shen
Pious Templar,
Purebreath Devotee
Purple Dragon Knight
Ravager
Reaping Mauler
Shaper of Form
Sharklord
Snake Shen
Snakelord
Stonelord
Streetfighter

Invader
2013-06-13, 02:32 PM
There are a few, but you are probably better off waiting a few levels. This list is not complete, nor are all of the PrCs useful.

2nd Stoneblessed
3rd Darkwater Knight
4th Dragonmark Heir
5th

Beastmaster
Divine Oracle
Elemental Savant
Harper Agent
Jobber
Master Astrologer
Master of Many Forms
Outcast Champion
Reachrunner
Reforged
Runecaster
Ruathar
Seeker of the Misty Isle
Swanmay
Vermin Keeper

6th

Bloodhound
Blighter
Extreme Explorer
Infused Spellcaster
Infused Warrior
Lion of Talisid
Nature’s Warrior
Purple Dragon Knight
Sharn Skymage
Spirit Speaker
Stormlord
Warshaper
Weretouched Master
Wild Plains Outrider
Wonderworker

7th

Anointed Knight
Apelord
Bearlord
Birdlord
Branch Dancer
Catlord
Crane Shen
Dark Hunter
Darkwood Stalker
Deepwarden
Divine Disciple
Dragon Shen
Drow
Judicator
Earth Dreamer
Gnome Giant-Slayer
Hathran
High Handcrafter
Horselord
Hospitaler
Itinerant Warder of Yondala
Kensai
Mantis Shen
Master Thrower
Menacing Brute
Mole
Monkey Shen
Occult Slayer
Panther Shen
Pious Templar,
Purebreath Devotee
Purple Dragon Knight
Ravager
Reaping Mauler
Shaper of Form
Sharklord
Snake Shen
Snakelord
Stonelord
Streetfighter

Well yeah if want to be that helpful all at once... :smallamused::smallamused:

ArcturusV
2013-06-13, 02:41 PM
Only one I can think of missing from that list is the Shapechanger PrC. Fairly decent, but again, likely to be nixed as it's first level is also "Get Wildshape". Though with it only being 5/10 casting progression, your DM might be talked into letting you make that trade as opposed to being full casting on 20 levels plus Wildshaping.

Sadly Shapechanger can't be entered at 5th level due to requiring a Concentration of 10. Which makes it one of the few PrCs I can think of that naturally has a launching point at level 8...

Third party stuff opens up more options of course. Disicple of Aalarun is something you could snag at 5th level easily (Actually you could get it at level 3), and is fairly solid with 5/5 caster progression and some SLAs on top of it (Plus a free, but fixed, domain if you are a divine caster, yes, even a Druid gets a Domain).

Darrin
2013-06-13, 02:54 PM
was forced to take a phbII varient for balance issues.

So back on topic please about early entry prc :P

I think the only PrC that you can enter at that ECL (without resorting to early entry tricks) is Dragonmark Heir. Well, that and the Racial Paragon classes.

Even with the PHBII variant, it's still better to stick with Druid 20. Almost all of the divine-caster-oriented PrCs we could possibly suggest will ding up your casting progression. If you're willing to lose caster levels, could you give us an idea of what exactly you *want* from a PrC? Also, what sources are available?

CyberThread
2013-06-13, 02:59 PM
where int he world did you get spirit speaker from?

Gavinfoxx
2013-06-13, 03:01 PM
*Googles* Dragon Magazine #323.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prestige_classes

Gavinfoxx
2013-06-13, 03:06 PM
Actually I'm wondering about InvaderDerk's list there now that I'm really looking through it. Like you can't enter Swanmay at level 5. It has skill level 8 requirements. Meaning you'd have to be level 6 before you could take it, right? Since you'd have to have 8 skill ranks before you could take it, and that means level 5 with maxed ranks first.

Uhhh...

At level 5, you can get class skills at 8 ranks... Since level 1, you can have skills at rank 4...

ArcturusV
2013-06-13, 03:08 PM
Well, I deleted it as I was crunching numbers and realized his list was actually listing the level you'd have to ride out Druid before you can take the class. Thus 7th for Anointed Knight, as you need 5 BAB, which you'd get at level 7, so level 8 you'd take Knight.

But the skill ranks are Level + 3. So you get 8 at level 5. Meaning level 6 you could take Swanmay, not at level five. Originally I thought his list was "Level you can enter this PrC", which that would not be correct, as near as I can tell. Not "Level you must ride Druid out to before you can take this PrC".

Invader
2013-06-13, 03:15 PM
Also, it's not my list :smallamused:

nedz
2013-06-13, 06:09 PM
Well yeah if want to be that helpful all at once... :smallamused::smallamused:

Welcome to the playground :smallsmile:

*Googles* Dragon Magazine #323.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prestige_classes
Page 82

Well, I deleted it as I was crunching numbers and realized his list was actually listing the level you'd have to ride out Druid before you can take the class. Thus 7th for Anointed Knight, as you need 5 BAB, which you'd get at level 7, so level 8 you'd take Knight.

But the skill ranks are Level + 3. So you get 8 at level 5. Meaning level 6 you could take Swanmay, not at level five. Originally I thought his list was "Level you can enter this PrC", which that would not be correct, as near as I can tell. Not "Level you must ride Druid out to before you can take this PrC".
Yes, sorry, the number is the minimum number of Druid levels you need to qualify for the PrC. Multi-classing can reduce this in some cases. Early entry tricks are not assumed.