PDA

View Full Version : Silverkey a cute two level rogue dip or a waste of time?

CyberThread
2013-06-13, 02:23 PM
So silverkey , easy early entry, more it seems a skills dip with a small cute ability for some other standards.

So you get a small handfull of skill boost,

+1 insight bonus on Disable Device, Search, and Spellcraft checks

+2 circumstance bonus on Craft (trapmaking), Disable Device, and Open Lock checks, and on Search checks made to find traps

+2 bonus on Disable Device, Search, and Spellcraft checks involving traps.

Your wardsense also allows you to use the Spellcraft skill to identify magic traps and wards within 60 feet as if you had cast detect magic or read magic.

manipulate mechanical devices with your mind, allowing you to make Open Lock and Disable Device checks at a distance of up to 60 feet.

Now that two level dip, makes you lose out with the easily reachable uncanndy dodge and 1d6 sneak damage.

I know its not Uber, and may even be sub optimal, but a class that you can enter at level 3, seems to not lose to much, when you can regain what you lost*besides the sneak damage * from most other rogue prc's that overlap with uncanny dodge.

Chronos
2013-06-13, 02:34 PM
Where is this class from? I don't think I've seen it.

Big Fau
2013-06-13, 02:40 PM
Where is this class from? I don't think I've seen it.

Dragonmarked.

@OP: Only the last 2 abilities are actually useful to a Rogue, and they aren't even that vital to your average Rogue. If your DM likes putting magical traps 30ft off the ground and have them pepper you from afar I'd say otherwise, but as-is it isn't that good.

Also those skill bonuses are miniscule to the point of not mattering.

Humble Master
2013-06-13, 02:44 PM
Yah, the skill bonuses are rather pointless and the abilities are mediocre at best. I would say don't take it.

Spuddles
2013-06-13, 03:03 PM
If traps feature heavily or dangerously in your game, it's actually pretty decent at that level. Why? Because rogues don't have a 100% chance of disarming a trap a that level, which means they might hurt themselves. Getting blasted or poisoned is actually kind of a big drain on level 4 resources. Being able to stay safe is a neat ability.