PDA

View Full Version : Need help making my first shadowrunner

russdm
2013-06-13, 04:40 PM
So i making a shadowrunner for my first game, and want some advice for doing so. I haven't found any of the prebuilts reflect the character idea that i have.

The book i have is "Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook"

Here is details about the character i am making:

James Ronin, Sergeant (sp?) Confederate Marine Corps
Military Function: Mechanic, Pilot, Marine

James Ronin was born on some world in the Confederacy and grew up tinkering with things/ships/vehicles. He enlisted into the Marine Corps after graduating and worked for a few years in the machine pool fixing up Wraiths, Vultures, and Goliaths. While doing that, he learned how to pilot those craft to some extent. When the guild wars started, James fought at several places during it until he ended up getting transfered into Alpha Squadron, serving under Colonel/General Duke.

After the war, James stayed in the unit and has been posted to Mar Sara as part of the Confederate forces.
James is a some what big guy. He is dark skinned and has short hair. He looks like a more buff samuel l jackson.

So i think he ought to have basic military skills then also skills in fixing up vehicles and driving them/flying them. He should have some ability to work the system to get repairs parts for things so he can fix them up or build them. I am not sure how to go about making this character though. I have read the character creation, but i am stuck in trying to fix out how to best build him for fun and wackiness.

The Glyphstone
2013-06-13, 05:27 PM
Wait, what?

Is this a Shadowrun game, or a Starcraft game using the Shadowrun rules?

russdm
2013-06-13, 05:38 PM
A starcraft game using Shadowrun rules.

Kaun
2013-06-13, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you want a Rigger with some decent general combat skill sprinkled ontop.

What house rules have been made to convert the setting?

Races, gear, /ware availability?

What BP are you starting with?

russdm
2013-06-13, 06:42 PM
Well, we get 400bp, no magic/technomancy, plus nothing but humans. Otherwise it sounds like everything is the same.

The Glyphstone
2013-06-13, 07:01 PM
No magic? I'd have thought that would be a shoo-in to refluff as psi talents.

But yeah, a rigger build looks like what you want.

Kaun
2013-06-13, 07:02 PM
Do you want to focus on the piloting/repairing vehicles? - General small arms based warfare or a mix of the two?

Do you have an stats for the weapons and vehicles available? Because if your going down the rigger path, its all about the toys.