PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: The Reckoning. Advice?

Jeivar
2013-06-13, 05:31 PM
I'll be running a game of Hunter: The Reckoning for the first time soon.
We played it a bit some years ago, but I never got to know the game all that well and I'm not really familiar with any other oWoD game except vampire. I'll mostly use walking dead, vampires, the goblins mentioned in the core book and nutty cultists as enemies.

Any recommendations on how to apply the rules or whatever? Did the developers leave any troublesome holes? Or is there some non-obvious rule of thumb that bears keeping in mind?

Morty
2013-06-13, 06:13 PM
There are troublesome holes all over the place, really. Hunter: the Reckoning isn't a terribly well-designed system. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to play it or run it, so I don't really know how I'd handle them. Hopefully someone else will have more direct experience.

SaurOps
2013-06-15, 08:58 AM
As with many classic WoD games, what exactly is used for any given action is often up in the air. There's a sparse list of suggestions for non-combat systems, leaving out even material that was in other lines. Want to know how to seduce someone, or perhaps how to resist such efforts by monsters? Well, if you only have H:tR, you'll have to wing it, because they didn't include that as an example in the book.

Dogbert
2013-06-24, 01:44 PM
Roll to disbelief against any of the lies in the art. Hunters are second lowest in the WoD foodchain and CANNOT survive frontal fights against any supernatural splats.

Lots of stalking, investigation, and assassinations strictly when your target has its pants down.