PDA

View Full Version : Our silly DnD group.

Norseloki
2013-06-14, 03:18 AM
So i'm currently part of a 3.5e campaign in a custom setting, and looking back at our group, I decided to post a little roster here.

Go ahead and post your own silliest DnD rosters if you want.

Here is the current group.

altonyc - Rogue, currently having his soul broken
Afraid of harming things and only does non-lethal attacks, had a wolf that was torn inside out before his eyes. Shared last words with wolf through druid, is a bit scarred.

Commander Tangent - Favoured Soul, possibly insane
Has doomsday revelations in his sleep, is a lawful douche.

Farew311 - Wizard, friend's with a kobold for some reason
Second character for this player, just entered the campaign.

JaneCobb - Cleric. sarcasm is your friend
Just entered the campaign.

FwendlyMushwoom - Ranger #1, terrible at shooting bows
Managed to miss 6 times in a row, each time hitting the same treetrunk, we now fear the future retribution of ents. LOVES (wink) horses. Has trouble using a lasso on anything but our party tank, and then always lands it around his neck.

Brain - Paladin, killed the first party member to die
The reason we don't have any evil party members anymore.

AlphaVII - Bard, frightened kobold
Female kobold bard, yup.

ChanceyPantsey - Druid, refuses to die to Norse
Despite my best efforts. (was hit by a 4d6 fire beam and managed to survive with -6 health. From full.)

Cassian - Fighter, kills everything and refuses to die
Character is called Dmitri and is a fantasy russian, ridiculously manly, out manlies most of our foes.

AmusableBMan - Ranger #2, wrestles everything even though he uses bows
and is perpetually riddled with poison
Wrestled with a werewolf and got out of it alive.
Poisoned to 3 str by wolfsbane
poisoned to 4 dex by some goop we found
poisoned to 2 str by spider

Norseloki - Psion, likes setting Chancey on fire
Psychic bunny girl, party's only experienced member, actually min maxes character and glass cannons everything to death with huge amounts of fire.

Looking forward to seeing your' rosters as well.

DigoDragon
2013-06-14, 07:41 AM
There was one adventure I ran where the point was to put together a silly adventuring group. My players delivered on that quite admirably~

Kansas City: Kleptomanic rogue expy of Indiana Jones. Specialized in a whip, the only time I ever saw that D&D weapon get used. Also holds the title of being the only D&D character to ever be killed by a pile of non-magical money.

Fie-Tar: Stereotypical "all strength, no intelligence" fighter, but she was hilarious with battle cries. Loved to use the most outrageous improvised weapons like wagon wheels, a goblin's right leg, (and one time) a toilet seat.

Grok: Half-orc barbarian who had a phobia of being Sober. Weilded a great-club with an iron tip decorated in random letters of the alphabet (much like a typewriter daisy wheel).

Mickey: The party wizard who had a thing for fire. Often had fire resist spells on himself because he never paid attention to just how close that target of his fireball was...

Seaweed: The party's other klepto rogue. She had a bag of holding with a collection of all the boots she'd stolen from her victims. That's dedication right there. She also had a fondness of reverse-pickpocketing stangers and then turning them in to the guard for a reward.

Aolbain
2013-06-14, 07:51 AM
Not as silly as yours but why not.

Fang, six armed Paladin of Tyranny. Also known as Runs-Away-From-Dragons. Fights unarmed. Chosen of Hextor.

Eyja the scary Warblade. Has a pet ice wolf. Can breath ice. Has about as much HP and can deal as much damage as the rest of the party put together. The person referenced in the (very) local saying "and then Eyja murdered everyone".
Chosen of Vattun. Old temporary Chosen of Hextor.

Artimis, Wizard, only sane man. Thrower of chairs. Scared of undead. Takes an undeserved amount of crap from everyone. Chosen of not anyone in particular.

Maalik (my avatar), always masked cleric of Hextor. Proponent of torture. Surprisingly ugly. Likes to waste Plane Shift to dispose witnesses. Chooser of Chosen Ones.

Old Members:

Nikomo the elven rogue. Mediocre quartermaster. Abysmal thief. Even worse Assassin. Died as he lived, unloved, crying and pants full of urine.

Arranis Thelmos
2013-06-14, 08:00 AM
From the campaign I'm currently running, we're close to wrapping up!

Active Characters:
Saint Ianfire Arcanscape: Elf Paladin 8 (1 racial sub level, Saint raises him to ECL 10). De-facto leader and moral compass. Wants to destroy Zellig Zog and destroy evil in all it's form. He earned Sainthood after defending a temple of St. Cuthbert (a Lawful Good deity in my campaign) from a horde of demons.

Elrost Gauthak: Goliath Fighter 2/ Barbarian1 (1 racial sub level). Believes himself to be the last Goliath in existence.
Slyless: Human Swashbuckler 6: a former agent of Lady Elaine who was horrified with her policies and plans.

Grubbly Two-Coins: Human rogue 7/Master of Masks 1. Kleptomaniac and cowardly, usually sides with Night in the face of conflict. He's been constructing a set of bone armor to match his Msk of Skulls and terrorizes Father McClarin--the Archbishop of St. Cuthbert. Currently posing as the divine assassin Lord Moon Blade, who supposedly killed Grubbly. In actuality Grubbly killed him with the Mask of Skulls and stole Moon Blade's identity.

Mizmar: Kobold Paladin 5. Uses a longbow taller than himself. Honest and kindly. His father was a friend to Father McClarin and guided him on an expedition resulting in his death. McClarin adopted the hatchling Mizmar and raised him to be a Paladin. Wants to be seen as a hero despite his race.

Akashi no Kilara: Hengeyokai Bard 2/Sorceress 1. A former excorist who went north to find her brother. Found her uncle's ring. She soon found one of her former servants, a Samurai named Kaneko Date, who informed her that her brother still lives and is held captive the the undead military commander General Zellig Zog.

Calamaris Drahiem: Elven Evoker 6. Used to own a magic item shop, but sold it for 100 gold. Died to fulfill a blood oath he made to Grubbly. Was eventually raided for the dead, since he had technically fulfilled his oath.

Deceased characters: (All characters by Calamaris' player! What a string of terrible luck!)
Eloncar: Half-Elf Druid 1. Killed by octopus troll when attacking a Cult encampment. Zellig Zog tried to save him. His corpse was taken by General Zellig Zog and turned into a lich, whom the party will meet in the last session.

Akale: Elf fighter 2. Half-brother to Eloncar, the deceased Druid. Believes that Zellig Zog killed Eloncar, and Ianfire hasn't bothered to correct him.

Zandarn the Barbarian 3: Half-Orc Barbarian 3. A former slave of Grubbly's dwarf clan. Was killed by the serial killer whose crimes he was framed for.

Retired characters:
Sergi Bertrand: Human Cleric of Thor. Seeks for knowledge and tries working with the group. Second in command of the group and moral compass. Now in the south trying to stabilize an uprising by the Cult of Cthulhu. Player moved to China.

Toothless: Dragonborn Barbararian. The 'other new guy'. Played by a six Mizmar's six year old brother and his mom eventually pulled him out because of the age and maturity difference.

Darkscales/Greenscales: Kobold Sorcerer 4. A loner, doesn't care for the group. Carries an enchanted rope. Formerly Darkscales, now VERY evil. Tattooed himself green. Any similarities to Darkscales are a total coincidence. Died while trying to summon a demon for an army of Drow, was knocked unconscious and was killed by Mizmar while he was prone. He was raised by Grubbly and taken back to Farinhall by Night.
He got raised and was carried away to Farinhall by Night to be safe.

Night: Drow Druid 4. Motivated by obtaining wealth to pass on to his village, Farinhall. He and Sergi grew up together. He left the group to run his village and keep an eye on Greenscales' activity.

The Fury
2013-06-14, 12:49 PM
For some reason my group was on a kick where we thought that all one-class parties were funny.
It started when we made an all-Paladin party, then we tried an all-Rogue party for the next campaign. I think after I left the group for a while there was an all-Barbarian party too. At the time I thought it was hilarious, looking back I'm not so sure. It's definitely silly though. That said, an all-Cleric party might actually work pretty good.

Razanir
2013-06-14, 08:30 PM
Not so much a party as a single character. One time someone played a dwarf barbarian...

He was smart enough to speak three languages, but couldn't read or write in any of them
We used a homebrew flaw from dandwiki that made him a ginger
We used another homebrew flaw to give him ADHD
He refused to wear anything besides animal pelts
He had the thickest accent the world had known
And to top it all off, he had a fear of doors strong enough to rival Durkon's fear of trees

The Fury
2013-06-14, 10:59 PM
We used a homebrew flaw from dandwiki that made him a ginger

At the risk of me coming off as extremely ignorant why's being a ginger a flaw?

Razanir
2013-06-14, 11:13 PM
At the risk of me coming off as extremely ignorant why's being a ginger a flaw?

Misremembered. 'Twas actually a trait, as was the ADHD

Kazemi
2013-06-15, 12:18 AM
It's in the Warlords of the Accordlands setting. I'm swapping to normal D&D speak so nobody needs to translate :\

Hvitserk: Half-orc Fighter with Scythe Masteries focusing on improved crit chance and multiplier. Luck feats for rerolls to attack. The party's only consistant offense

Kassy and Kammy: Twin seers, a boy and girl about 8 years old physically and about 4 weeks old literally. Formed when our super-lawful Monk couldn't handle Fade and prayed to the Accordland's Twin Gods for help. They exploded him into two kids. Kassy is a nice girl who focuses on healing us and being kind. Kammy is a jerk who's trying to be badass, but is only 8 years old.

Fade: Oh, God. Fade. I wanted to play Hvitserk as a kind of "Picks fights with higher CR" kind of character, but we'd have TPKed in the first three sessions...
Fade is a human with strong demon heritage and appears to have some access to bardic spells (the player insists she is not a Bard and promised bonuses in his next campaign if I figure out what she is). Whenever she rolls a 1 on a d20 for ANYTHING, he rolls another d20 and randomly switches around personalities. These personalities vary in race, ideals, languages (one could not speak Common, one refused to speak anything but Elvish), background, and can be either friendly or hostile to us. She has also transformed into animals multiple times (although the orca may have been a legit Polymorph, we're unsure). She is an absolute disaster when brought to social gatherings. She has only changed physical form twice (not counting her recent tail, horns, and wings) and reverted to normal when her personality changed again.

He let me pick the number once, something between 1 and 20. Being a smarmy math major, I picked pi. She turned into a dragon :smalleek:
DM confirmed that it was legitimately on the list.

OverdrivePrime
2013-06-15, 10:15 AM
My current F2F player characters:
Paul: Army vet of 8 years, now a writer. Thinks he's finally gone round the bend and is hallucinating that he's a badass duskblade in a D&D game. He's actually an incredibly sarcastic, terribly cunning duskblade in a Pathfinder game.

Maggey: After getting sucked into the world of Daera from Earth, Maggey took on the Archivist class and now functions as the party's battle librarian. Sometimes drifts towad bard thanks to her career as an opera singer and is absolutely ravenous for new tales and scrolls.

Dave: Easily adopted the wizard role, including a huge smelly wizard hat, after getting dimensional teleporting to Daera. Not the most effective wizard in the world, he's always researching new effects and inventions or off in a cabin "scribing scrolls" with his wife, Maggey.

Sam: Became a Paladin/Cleric after arriving on Daera and is often referred to as the "Warpriest of Awesome." Actually prays to Sol, Earth's sun.

Erin: Now a Druid, the smallest member of the group has become something of a powerhouse. She continues to discover her amazing new capabilities with the help of her husband - Sam's extensive ranks in knowledge (metagame) have proved useful for the whole party.

Lazzier of house Dangier: this elf ranger is highly puzzled by the strange creatures calling themselves 'humans' which look like a weird ccombination of orcs, hobgoblins, elves and dwarves. Lazzier aims to bring them back to his people for further study, just after finishing this quest for an artifact called the 'Sampo.'

Souju
2013-06-15, 01:51 PM
Our current Kingmaker campaign:

Baron Steelborn: Baron is his actual title. A paladin who has threatened to kill me on at least 3 occasions. He's our fearless leader. Because he's immune to fear. The straight man of the party whose use of heavy armor forced the party to look up the tensile strength of rope. Does not take kindly to bleeding dead unicorns (not killed by us), but has no problem with bleeding trolls (killed by us).

Sho the Animal: A tengu rogue/alchemist who, on at least one occasion, hired an enemy spy that was swayed with a single diplomacy check. Bird jokes galore. As an alchemist, usually joins in on my antics with bleeding things. Spymaster. Is by far the poorest member of the party because he claimed a bunch of loot off the Stag Lord and is busy paying it back to the party. Combine this with a campaign that stifles your party wealth for a while...

Kiel: Me, a tiefling oracle. What happens when a character originally slated to be Lawful Evil is instead pigeon holed into the Lawful Neutral alignment. Ate a kobold. Was not delicious. Was going to be a necromancer, but vetoed by the paladin, so instead summons undead through a loophole (extraplanar undead are a-ok). Councilor

Wrasslor: A dwarven grappling monk that will wrestle everything. Can't be at every session, which disappoints the DM as he's wrestled with giant ticks, trolls, and several other things it would normally not be a good idea to grapple and managed to survive. Royal treasurer. The ONLY party member with a negative CHA score.

The wizard: A dwarven wizard. Nothing too remarkable there. He lives in the caster's tower. Player previously played a magus that was our primary damage dealer for the first few levels. The magister

Jaina Horncall: A catfolk cloistered cleric/bard that specializes in knowledges. And not much else. Has more skillpoints than sense, and is the party's second best healer (behind me, who anticipated this problem when Jaina's player laid out his build. This was before we knew someone would be playing a paladin) Can usually be found in trees caterwauling. She's our diplomat, once getting incredibly drunk and contacting the kobolds for something.

The entire party minus the monk has a positive CHA score, with 3 members having it as their primary stat. If we ever find a headband of alluring charisma, i have a feeling an actual fight will break out.

OverdrivePrime
2013-06-15, 09:08 PM
Wrasslor: A dwarven grappling monk that will wrestle everything. Can't be at every session, which disappoints the DM as he's wrestled with giant ticks, trolls, and several other things it would normally not be a good idea to grapple and managed to survive. Royal treasurer. The ONLY party member with a negative CHA score.
I applaud this player with all my heart. Bonus ponts to your DM if Wrasslor is eventually overcome by the heart and can-do spirit of a small monkey on a superhero costume.

Azreal
2013-06-16, 09:04 AM
My dysfunctional 3.5 party.

Raziel: Elf Ranger: he's Chaotic good, has two pet hunting dogs with him. Tends to be the voice of reason ignored and tries to clean up after all of us. Took cooking as a skill and was shown up in it by everyone else. Worst fear was small spaces.

Crommon: Half-Orc Fighter: Chaotic Neutral, Comes up with the best worst plans we end up trying. Comes across as an idiot 80% of the time, diseased himself by licking. Coin we found in an ogres pursebag that was full of coins and rotting flesh (we suspect it was humanoid) then he has moments of pure genius. Then proves us wrong in that thought. Threw a flaming log from a fire at a cockatrice making Raziel have a religious experience cuz it looked like a Phoenix springing from the bush. He also cut off its head and used it to bite people turning them to stone. Worst fear was being small and weak.

Rue: Elf Sorcerer: started Chaotic Good, ended Chaotic Neutral. Always passes his bluff checks starting at +14 t level one. Was always trying to gather gold for power. Through feats he was a red dragon descendant, and had the temper to match. Kept party in line with various acid/fire based threats and was considered the most beautiful Elf as a DM joke. Confused the hell out of the party when he put a pile of gold in fromt of him, spoke some words, and it vanished and two spirling dragon tattoos appeared along his arms. Worst fear was being ugly and loss of magic.

Christoff: Dwarf Monk: Lawful Neutral, did his best to not drag us down. His code against lying put him at odds with Rue quite often and he ended up revealing to the warden after we were about to be releases from prison at no charge that Crommon was sick and apparently he ended up starting a plague. Worst fear was being alone

Raphael: Human Rogue: Chaotic Neutral, he had brilliant ideas but because of dice rolls absolutely failed at them. Noted for being caught trying to steal every time he tried. His shining moment was releasing a demon pirate upon the world and his one wish was to be part of his crew. Additional points to using a smokestick to escape and when dropping it getting it caught on the folds of his pants leaving a nice trail to follow. Worst fear was spiders.

Alexial: Human Cleric: Neutral Evil, didn't do much except heal. Famous for trying to steal a blue penguin by hiding it in her sleeve. Worst fear was being eaten

Unknown: Elf Druid: Neutral Good, never gave us a name, but her Hawke animal companion was a great scout that got shot several times by Raziel on nat ones. Role played Druid as a fierce protector of wilds, not a tree hugger. Happily helped kill animals and used the bodies to feed us, and made some neat things from bones/teeth. Worst fear was being burned alive

big teej
2013-06-16, 10:40 PM
I believe I have one. my current summer campaign. :smallbiggrin:

we have..... herm I seem to have misplaced my list of character names.
SO

LG Human Knight who isn't really a Knight

NG Human Warmage who's in it for the money

CG Half Elf Ranger who doesn't like to kill things

NG Dwarf Rogue Smith, who is a rogue, who is a smith, who is a rogue smith.

CN?NG? Elf Druid who has no business being in a city.

CG Half-Orc Cleric of Kord who is remarkably well spoken.

DragonBaneDM
2013-06-17, 01:16 AM
Our college math professor asked us to come to a local gaming store for a 4E session one time. We played with three other, older players who had built very serious characters. Here's what the college kids showed up with:

Bash: A striker-Paladin with a terrible vocabulary and wonderful skill for crushing things.

My-Lie: Short for My Liege. An Eladrin Lazylord that was convinced he could turn Bash into a hero that would one day save the world.

Quarioshak ("Q-Bone"): My character! A Dragonborn Barbarian who carried around his dead Mom's femur to smash people to death with it. If you don't get the reference, I do not want to be your friend.

Kred: A Dwarf Avenger who's speciality was chucking axes at people for insane amounts of damage.

Best part is? We out optimized the serious players by miles. A bunch of kids showed up and stomped everything to death with silly characters, never to be heard from again.

Paperback
2013-06-17, 03:39 AM
Well, I think I need to share the party that my group is currently running in my campaign.

Domino: a Dwarf synthesist who has about as much health as the rest of the party put together, and a really nice chunk of damage too. He forges weapons in his eidolon form, which is a four-armed earth elemental. Once decided to solo three Deathclaws during an encounter and was declared dead for thirty seconds. Started out neutral good, but is sliding fast into true neutral territory (by murdering his teammate while he was in the hospital).

The Knight: a Monk/Ninja who fights for justice from the shadows against corrupt law systems everywhere. Has a zen archer sidekick called The Hood. Last session he fought against his arch-enemy and won; then proceeded to attempt to solo the big boss and got flattened, and then thrown off of a building. He survived, somehow, but was murdered by his teammate Domino while in the hospital.

John: He's an oracle, and he's so plain and unassuming that everyone seems to forget that he exists. Literally, he's so unnoticeable that it seems he can dodge explosions by everyone just forgetting that he exists so that he drops out of the universe.

Nicolas Cage: Exactly what it says on the tin. He's a sorcerer and a happy-go-lucky sort of fool, turned into a badass later in the campaign. When The Knight was thrown off of a roof last session, it was Nicolas Cage that jumped off after him in order to save him. How did he do it? He punched the ground, and obliterated every bone in his right arm. Because feather fall is overrated.

Bartholomew: A dwarf barbarian with a serious drug problem. Got kicked out of his previous adventuring party for eating the faces of his fallen foes. Currently trying to go clean.

Vaste: He's a typical sword-and-shield fighter that likes to dabble in old-world technology (my setting is post-apocalyptic). He is accompanied everywhere he goes by his loyal robotic dog, Cyber, but otherwise pays very little attention to anything going on in the room.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-17, 09:02 AM
Here's my players at my college. Three new to RPGs, one just new to 3.P.

Cayle- Aasimar cleric of Sarenae, actually pulls off the Only Serious in Combat personality. Out of combat he goes around hitting on girls and casting Orisons for no reason, although despite being a new player he's a surprisingly competent cleric otherwise.

Rin- Tiefling Magus. Actually plays as a somewhat intelligent person, but hoards everything just to mess with me sometimes. Makes lots of references, like his name and naming his weasel Daxter, but they're not really disruptive. He's never undressed with the party nearby, so no one has seen his tail and realized he isn't human yet. They're in the fourth session.

Shishno- Ratfolk ranger. His character has pretended to be stoned almost the entire campaign despite never actually touching the smoking materials in his bag. He's ended up being the voice of reason, which horrifies me. His animal companion is a velociraptor named Blunt (it's a pun because he sucks in combat).

Makoto- Ninja and group buttmonkey. No one ever helps him flank, they make him go first into everything, and he almost got killed by a phase spider. This was made slightly worse by him forgetting about his Ki pool for almost two sessions. Has been in good humor dubbed "Kai Leng" by the magus' player for being a terribly un-ninja-like ninja. His rolls suck too; I just feel bad in general.

Lothmar
2013-06-18, 11:54 AM
Ivellios - The Feldamanian (think french spartan and unforuntaly I mean 300 spartans...) who managed to live to middle age and retire, only to get pulled back into the adventuring lifestyle - ie the 'im too old for this stuff' guy. Ranger, Scout, Paladin, effectively using most of his feats to essentially be a gestalt/tristalt for the abilities that he likes. Most noted in our party for introducing the following main exports for the Feldamanian people of, Oil, Soap and Mayonaise. Has lost 8 chickens over the course of the adventure to unique accidents/deaths and has sense stopped keeping them because of this. In one of our first adventure arcs he accidentally looked upon a demons true name through a magic device when its manifestation appeared and his eyes burst into flame in response and the Abyssal language was henceforth burned into his mind. Oddly enough he never wanted to be a paladin but was excorcised one too many times and finally 'saved' and filled with holy light and alignment change by a bishop of la vatican. His Animal companion and special mount are one creature, thus his dire, celestial, huge Wolf Fenris the bitch queen is about the size of an elephant and has more hitpoints then two party members put together and party members without ride skill or a mount have been known to ride in her saddle bags out of convenience. Has started a party tradition of 'eating' the hearts of great beasts, ie anything with an incredible Cr that attempts or succedes at eating one of us we now eat the heart of the creature after we kill it ; Such notable victims as a Chaos Roc and an ancient mercury dragon amongst others exist (and we gained stat points from this so fist pump). He is the only 'original' party member left from when the game started though he has certain evolved over time.

Joe'jen - The elven Archer attack of oppurtunity and massive amounts of attacks spec archer… His collection of unique arrows is unrivaled and he collects vials of blood (I think for a unique arrow type but it's still creepy). Can easily out dps anyone in our party and rarely does anything get into melee with him. At his most dangerous he has taken out an entire 'company' of enemy soldiers marching up a mountain pass at us with a single round of attacks as his arrows turned to buckshot flechet and started firing off chain lightning spells.

Shank - Visual of kobold though I think he uses a different race for base… The only way he's not sneaking now is if he declares it and he can hide almost regardless of the situation and almost no extraordinary senses can now detect him. Even more dangerous is that he's attack of oppurtunity speced as well and worse he and the elf and myself trigger off eachother all the time 'oh he got an attack of op, we get one.' etc making our party a blood bath. Can turn invisible or gaseous almost on command and often does. Despite being a tribal and the only person with poison use we let him cook for us for the most part.

Shakelton ~long name the third esquire~ - Artificer lost in time and space, possibly from our worlds future or another dimension.

Souju
2013-06-18, 12:49 PM
I applaud this player with all my heart. Bonus ponts to your DM if Wrasslor is eventually overcome by the heart and can-do spirit of a small monkey on a superhero costume.

If he lives that long...the guy has such a massive bonus to Grapple that he can and does effectively CC Trolls indefinitely, only dropping when a second, bigger troll got behind him and plastered his face into the ground with 4 attacks.
This party is, more and more, getting weird about the people with hero points (for those that don't know, you can spend 2 hero points to literally "not die" when you normally would. Takes you out of the encounter but you survive.) being the ones dying while the anti-heroes (myself and the wizard) don't even come close (though i suppose it helps that the guys with hero points are front line fighters while the wizard and I are, well, a summoning wizard and an oracle with a longspear. Poor trolls got pecked to death by eagles, pounced on by a leopard, and bad touched by an oracle.)

OverdrivePrime
2013-06-18, 01:20 PM
If he lives that long...the guy has such a massive bonus to Grapple that he can and does effectively CC Trolls indefinitely, only dropping when a second, bigger troll got behind him and plastered his face into the ground with 4 attacks.
Man, that is all kinds of awesome. I'm just sayin', I really hope that all of your dwarf's roleplay sounds a lot like this (http://youtu.be/iHLFjpK6Eg4?t=4m18s).
:smallbiggrin:

Souju
2013-06-18, 03:42 PM
Man, that is all kinds of awesome. I'm just sayin', I really hope that all of your dwarf's roleplay sounds a lot like this (http://youtu.be/iHLFjpK6Eg4?t=4m18s).
:smallbiggrin:

sadly, what little RPing he does (the dwarf is a xenophobe thanks to racial traits and as such and only speaks dwarven. Which means only myself and the other dwarf can communicate normally with him) is more in line with The Ultimate Warrior or just being a gruff dwarf who wrestles greased up boars for the hell of it. It's such an amusing character who adds actual tension to the encounters since...well, he's tried wrestling EVERYTHING including lycanthropes, mites, troll dogs, giant ticks, trolls...if he were actually present during that session he would have also tried to wrestle the evil pitcher plant and I'm pretty sure he tried to wrestle a treant.
He's been poisoned, diseased, killed (saved thanks to hero points), suffered ability damage...yet kept on truckin'. He's suffered more long term status ailments than the rest of the party combined! It's kind of inspiring, in a way. He's become my de facto first target for Bull's Strength and Protection from Evil for pretty much that reason.

OverdrivePrime
2013-06-18, 03:57 PM
It's such an amusing character who adds actual tension to the encounters since...well, he's tried wrestling EVERYTHING including lycanthropes, mites, troll dogs, giant ticks, trolls...if he were actually present during that session he would have also tried to wrestle the evil pitcher plant and I'm pretty sure he tried to wrestle a treant.
He's been poisoned, diseased, killed (saved thanks to hero points), suffered ability damage...yet kept on truckin'.

This guy sounds like an incredibly memorable character. Have fun trying to keep him alive! Sooner or later those hero points run out.

Laura Eternata
2013-06-18, 03:59 PM
I'll bite. The game I'm currently running has consisted of:

Sean Willard, a typical CN human Bard;

Elizabeth (deceased), Sean's sister and a blatant Katniss rip-off;

Joeanna Dad, dwarven Wizard who once infiltrated a thieves' guild via twerking;

Q, elven Druid and only sane man;

Toto, a human Barbarian/Wilder who was raised by psychic bears (and recently became their messiah) and carries a stolen naked mermaid statue wherever he goes, believing it allows him to commune with Satan;

Glenn (deceased), a human Rogue whose only motivation was to sell fish;

Mario Mario (deceased), a hermaphroditic Cleric who died in our first session and whose clothes have been used dozens of times since as rope, disguises, weapons, etc.

We just added a paladin and a monk, but they've yet to develop as characters. Mario Mario's player also had a ranger for a few sessions, but he dropped out of the group and I honestly don't remember anything about the character.

OverdrivePrime
2013-06-18, 04:07 PM
Joeanna Dad, dwarven Wizard who once infiltrated a thieves' guild via twerking;
Wut. :smalleek:

Toto, a human Barbarian/Wilder who was raised by psychic bears (and recently became their messiah) and carries a stolen naked mermaid statue wherever he goes, believing it allows him to commune with Satan; Wuuuuuuut. :smalleek:

Your group sounds like it forces SAN checks three times a session. :smallamused:

Laura Eternata
2013-06-18, 05:50 PM
Your group sounds like it forces SAN checks three times a session. :smallamused:

Can I PLEASE sig that?

Edit: Know what, I've got time, I'll elaborate.

Joeanna: This was around the second or third session of the game, when the party was stuck in this super corrupt slum policed by ruthless private security guards. For one reason or another, the party decided to get in touch with the local thieves' guild, which a Bardic Knowledge check told them was run by a dwarf. Naturally, they decide that the best course of action is to send the 8 Cha dwarf in to negotiate, under the guise of Disguise Self to make her more attractive. She rolled some pretty bad bluffs and diplomacies while talking to the mob boss (who had a beautiful woman on either side of him), but right before she was gonna be kicked out, her player stood up and said something along the lines of, "I twerk it. Right there."

Here's the thing. At the time, I didn't know what twerking was. I'd never heard the term (I mean, it doesn't exactly come up in conversation a lot.) Everyone else seemed to know what it was though, judging by their laughter and cries of "What!" and the like. I didn't want to look like the odd one out, so I just smiled along with them, assumed it was a sexual thing, and told her to roll Dexterity, figuring that would be a safe catch-all and if anyone suggested a more appropriate skill I would go with that (they were all new to 3.5 and apparently didn't know about Perform: Dance, so they stayed quiet and deferred to my judgement.)

Wouldn't you know it, natural 20.

I narrated the two women leaving quickly and the dwarf "staring intently" then "giving a long sigh of relief," after a few minutes, as I was still under the impression that it was a sex thing. That led to more laughter, of course, and as far as I was concerned, the dwarf had been well and truly seduced. The party was subsequently recruited into the thieves' guild in exchange for further twerking.

So now, in universe, Joeanna is just that good at booty dancing.

genderlich
2013-06-18, 06:31 PM
Oh man, I have a party right now that's perfect. We're all Gnolls who hail from the Ash Tribe. We accidentally broke our ancient tribal relic, so we're on a quest to a distant and wild continent to get another one from an abandoned temple. The cast is as follows.

Yash, my Cleric and the most normal and intelligent of the bunch. Our setting's Gnoll religion is a combination of ancestor worship and animism, with a focus on being strong and brave, so Yash is always going on about whether the ancestors would approve of something, or whether we're proving ourselves worthy to call ourselves Ash Tribe.

Thrash, a Fighter who uses a greataxe. Thrash loves fighting and killing, and likes to play the "hitting game" with people, in which they actually just try to seriously wound each other. He is fond of a traditional Gnoll song that goes "Chop him up and put him in a stew! There's enough for me and enough for you!" which he sings while fighting.

Stache, another Fighter. He is very protective and uses a pair of shields in battle rather than a weapon. True to his name, he has a glorious 'stache. His name is spelled differently than the others - because Gnolls can't spell, obviously.

Trash, the Rogue. Trash is rather sad and pathetic, adopted into the Ash Tribe after spending years essentially dumpster diving to survive. He's a mangy runt with patchy fur and a scrawny build, and fights with a large sack of rocks.

This is just a ridiculous campaign idea we came up with once at 3 AM while talking about what various single-race adventuring parties would be like, and decided to try, just for fun.

OverdrivePrime
2013-06-18, 09:26 PM
Can I PLEASE sig that? Absolutely!

Edit: Know what, I've got time, I'll elaborate.
... details
... So now, in universe, Joeanna is just that good at booty dancing.

That... that is seriously the best thing I've read this month. :smallbiggrin:

Lothmar
2013-06-20, 03:04 PM
Ok this one might not be as bad as the last one and it's more of a 'me personally' having the weird character in the party but I enjoyed providing the much needed ice breaker in our uber serious space opera. ~chuckle~

My friends were playing a game of Deathwatch, so of course we're all space marines in the game. Each of them has their thoroughly thought out characters, backstories, pictures for character faces, etc and has read plenty of the books and me im just a casual invite to fill out the party who at best has played the warhammer 40k when someone had a spare army.

So I for the most part just randomly start winging it as they help me build so we can play and I choose my background as a space wolf, melee spec etc concept but when they ask me to describe my character and for a picture of what my character looks like my brain panics. "Don Knotts." is the first thing that comes to mind so since I can do an okay impression of his voice I just stick to it and start explaining my character concept and my party/gm almost cannot keep a straight face.

So yeah, Don knotts as a space marine was kind of epic what with all the super scary stuff in the universe and chances to randomly start panicking or be all "What's going on here!?" etc. Really just disemboweled any sense of tension/grit I got the feeling the gm was trying to impart.

Arkhosia
2013-07-19, 11:52 PM
Minotaur barbarian with a giant axe. Has a hatred of boots, bunnies, and the monster manuals (minotaur page is horrendously out-of-date apparently)

Eladrin necromancer. Has sworn a death bow on an enchanted boat.

Changeling paladin of erathis (avatar). Heals people by slapping them, wants a pet mockingbird ("Those birds are made for me! Well, ravens too. Can I have it? Pleaaaase? I'll feed it and clean its cage and everything!").

Elf fighter. Shoots enemies in their knee to avenge her guard captain, who had to retire from the same injury.

Kymme
2013-07-20, 01:44 AM
Lets see. My group:

Iato (the Blade) - Tengu Warlock/Binder/Walker of the Wastes
Pretty cool guy, strictly Lawful Neutral, always sticks up for his friends. Really, really scary, in a lovecraft kind of way. May or may not be possessed by the spirit of the Daemon Lord Pazuzu and the unwitting minion of Grazzt.

Thorin Mossfire - Human Magus
Party's resident murder hobo, cursed to forever house the spirit of his great-great-great-great-great granduncle, who's body was turned into an indestructible sword. Amateur time-traveler.

Riles (the Vindicator) - Human Monk
Really buff dude covered in magic tattoos. Leader of a fighting school. Spits yoga fire. He's got around a 45 ft reach, and whirlwind attack, so he cleans up everything weaker than himself. Also, very calm and collected, for some reason.

and lastly:
Varak (just Varak) - Lizardfold Crusader/Eternal Blade
Powerful warrior. Got quite the temper. Being trained by dozens of spiritual ancestors in his dreams. They make him climb up a staircase. He resents it. Wields ridiculously large swords one-handed, and has a tower shield that shape-shifts into a robotic dragon.

falloutimperial
2013-07-20, 09:02 AM
I might have you beat but this may be cheating: Our DM is running a campaign where all of us are "snoops," bards which turn into animals instead of casting spells. So we have Snoop Brown Bear and Snoop Polar Bear. They're brothers. There's Snoop Komodo Dragon and Snoop Giant Squid. I'm Snoop Hyena. We all have maxed out Perform (rap.)

RustyArmor
2013-07-21, 02:38 PM
Group I'm playing in so far.

(Me)Jura: A Ninja, catgirl. who is narcoleptic and sometimes even falls asleep midway through disarming traps or opening locks. More then once getting arrested because she would break into some nobles house only to go to sleep in their bed. She is also horrible at directions (like zoro from one piece) but demands she scouts ahead, often getting hopelessly lost for hours. Also keeps adding titles cause she got the impression the more titles you have the more important you are. Now goes by "The vigilant master cartographer princess Jura of orange island, ally of the high five giants, slayer of dragons, eater of good foods, mistress of naps, high priestess of the goddess of deserts and pastries."

Razmitaz: A barbarian/bear warrior, dwarf. whom changes into bear whenever possible, sometimes doing it in town just to be a bear. However even in bear form keeps his majestic dwaven beard. He heard Laura likes bears so now blushes every time she is near him.

Makai: A monk/sorcerer, human. Player isn't to good at RPing but great at optimizing and rolls like a beast. Goes into battle while enlarged, mirror image, and corrosive grasp, with flame burst fistwraps and does about 90% of the dmg per encounter.

Eric: Cleric, human. The cohort of Makai, at one point makai's player took so long to describe what he look like with "short hair and goatie" that I said out loud "I dunno I'm just picturing Guy Fieri now" The whole party laughed and now, despite makai's wishes that is what the cleric looks like now. Eric now randomly has 1d6 pop collar shirts on each day now.

Laura: Sorceress, human. A newer player so she is rather basic sorceress. She likes bears however which has the dwarf blushing all the time now.

Azria: Fighter/tempest, human. Very tall human whom now claims she is a lesbian because Eric kept hitting on her to much, however she is not one which makes it awkward when Jura tries to hook her up with other women at taverns.

Jormengand
2013-07-21, 03:25 PM
6th level duo game: Imagawa Takeron, the Ninja who wears armour and uses a shield he's not proficient in without penalty, and can get a 38 on his disguise checks without having to roll, and Kori Estelle, the princess knight on a boar. Don't even dare ask.

Flarowon
2013-07-21, 09:25 PM
Oh lord, I'm pretty sure our group qualifies for this. We play Pathfinder, and the whole party is level 12, by the way.

Jaquelyn Finch: Vanaran gunslinger / fighter. Captain of her own pirate ship and crew, she recently discovered that the vanarans (monkey people) were all but extinct, and they made her their queen. She then became commodore of the pirates' guild in our base city, making her our very own monker pirate queen. Vyes for leadership of the party with Wilder.

Wilder: Half-elf fighter / witch / eldritch knight. The son of an epic-level cleric and also a lord in his own right, he does carry a nasty tendency of abandoning the party whenever he feels remotely threatened and just running away. Also a super-miser who has problems letting go of any of the party funds. Also our group treasurer, seeing as he carries around several bags of holding which he won't let anyone else have. Has a grippli (frog person) druid cohort. Has an absolutely ridiculous perception score.

Pierce: Tiefling fighter / rogue. Recently also became a half-dragon due to a powerful artifact we encountered. Was male (but dressed and acted ambiguosly), but ended up with a cursed belt of gender-switching. Fights exclusively with improvised weapons, and currently wields a balista bolt and skis. Has connections with a variety of thieves' guilds. No one is quite sure what her gender is except her.

Denterra: Human oracle of Sarenrae. Knows almost exclusively healing and other recuperative spells and calls herself the hospital. Has a half-orc barbarian named Rogar as a cohort, who she uses as a mount because she has cripplingly low movespeed and Rogar can move ridiculously fast. Refuses to give Rogar a weapon or let him participate offensively in combat because "horses don't use swords." Is usually true neutral, but under stress will sometimes randomly become extremely lawful good or horribly chaotic evil.

Vahanian: Human sorcerer. Crossblooded between white dragon and primal water elemental heritage. Uses the 'Words of Power' system for maximum shenanigans with casting. Has no concept of overkill and plays up the 'mentally unstable' aspect of crossblooded. The party's nuker and summoning specialist (which makes the summon-hating GM dislike him). Is skilled in interpretive dance and has used it to sometimes remarkable effect. He's also depressed because his tongue got replaced by a tiny fire elemental, which he hates and is in fact vulnerable to. Recently sold his soul the the elemental court of water.

And finally, there's a gnome saboteur alchemist whose name I sadly can't recall at the moment. He's the group's utility caster and hurls piles of bombs for mass destruction of enemies. Claims he's lawful, because he lives his life according to one binding code: if there is a button, he must push it. This also applies to lever, switches, and similar devices. Sometimes this works out wonderfully, sometimes... not.

And that's pretty much it for us. We've been through plenty of silly events, but none spring to mind right at the moment.

Sajiri
2013-07-21, 09:45 PM
My first 'group' in pathfinder but it was really just myself and one other player (everyone else in the group only lasted 1-2 sessions before life got in the way and had to be replaced..oddly they all played rogues or bards)

Seneka Tsilla: Gloaming (modified from FR underdark to be a surface gloaming) magus. Chaotic Neutral. Was a bit of a conspiracy theorist (never got to expand on that much ): ) with a severe paranoia of doors after managing to walk right into 3 traps in the first session and eventually getting stuck beneath a mimic, half-orc, half-elf and a winter wolf in a small pit.

Olga Hindagard: Half-orc barbarian, chaotic good. Good god I loved this girl's character. Got her name after being thrown in jail for drunken shenanigans and slurred a sentence when the guard asked her name. Was known for throwing nutshots at our first major enemy with her warhammer, and hitting on the mafioso leader who was ready to call hell down upon us while we were standing in the middle of his club. Also liked to throw my gloaming to see her fly, despite the gloaming already had wings.