PDA

View Full Version : Invoker/Sorcerer Progression

Ruethgar
2013-06-14, 09:56 AM
I recently found AEG's Dragon Sorcerer alternative and now need as many invoker spell levels and sorcerer spell levels as the playground can muster. There is a minimum 3 levels in sorcerer, no gestalting and I would prefer to shy away from dragon-wrought cheese(not that this char wont be cheesy enough already).

So what is the best way to get the most invoker and sorcerer spell level progression?

Krazzman
2013-06-14, 10:07 AM
Sorcerer X/Warlock X/Eldritch Theurge

I think X = 3. 2nd Level spells, 2d6 Eldritch Blast. But I am not sure about that. (AFB)

Ruethgar
2013-06-14, 10:12 AM
It is 4th level for 2nd level spells on a sorcerer. But could I take precocious apprentice to qualify?

Valwyn
2013-06-14, 10:17 AM
Sorcerers get 2nd level spells at level 4, and Dragonfire Adepts don't get Eldritch Blast, so Sorcerer 4/Warlock 3/Eldritch Theurge 10 gets you one 7th level spell, and two greater Invocations.

Early entry tricks might get you more spells, but I think ET is the only class that advances both arcane spells and invocations.

Ruethgar
2013-06-14, 10:38 AM
No crazy tricks like how you can get full divine/arcane spellcasting for ivocation/arcane? :smallfrown:
If I go Sorc 5 I could technically qualify for Eldritch Disciple to fill in the last 2 levels. Is there any way to boost warlock progression just one more?

Valwyn
2013-06-14, 10:52 AM
There might be, but I don't know any tricks for warlocks.

Warlocks can enter any class that requiers "Caster Level X", if it helps (don't ask me how it interacts with Sandshaper). You could check out this handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265455).

Krazzman
2013-06-14, 10:54 AM
No crazy tricks like how you can get full divine/arcane spellcasting for ivocation/arcane? :smallfrown:
If I go Sorc 5 I could technically qualify for Eldritch Disciple to fill in the last 2 levels. Is there any way to boost warlock progression just one more?

If you get a way to get Prepared casting on the warlock site: Ultimate Magus. Else Legacy Champion might get that or the other class mentioned for advancing Hellfirewarlock Uncanny Trickster?

Valwyn
2013-06-14, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Magus won't work. Warlocks have SLAs, not spells, so they don't qualify.

Ruethgar
2013-06-14, 11:36 AM
I could do the earth sanctum slot shuffle to get higher level sorcerer spells and just go Sorc 4/Lock 3/Thurge 10/Lock 3. Would give me 8th or 9th level spells, though I would have to use Extra Spell to get any known.

Edit: So that would eat up all of my feats for six spells of 8th or 9th level innumerable times per day. I could also have fewer spells known for more spells per day with the level I don't choose. For example 4 spells known indefinite 8ths per day 2/day 9th.

Or don't shuffle cheese and only three spells known to choose from indefinite 9ths and 0/day 8th.

Ruethgar
2013-06-14, 12:29 PM
I think I like feats too much to do that, just going Sorc 5/Lock 3/ED 1/ET 10/ED 1. That gives me up to level 7th level spells at will and 3/day 8ths with 7 feats to spare on whatever.

Edit: What Metamagic would be nice to add to Eldritch Blast? I just recalled the 1st level dragon sorcerer ability adds all of your SLAs to the spell list. So a Chain Spelled Chain Blast?