PDA

View Full Version : A tale of Sorts [OOC 2 Electric Bugaloo]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Brass Dragon
2013-06-14, 05:20 PM
Here ya are, move yar chatter here

WindStruck
2013-06-14, 05:35 PM
Anyway, so what happens? The crowd just eventually disperses and mostly goes back to bed for a while longer? Does anyone keep an eye on Harken like Fale advises?

And who would like to hang around and chat a little while longer before we figure out where to sleep... or rather, in order to figure out where to sleep.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-14, 05:43 PM
Well aerus is actually busy the first day, as he's replacing most of his mundane equipment through traditional means. and he sleeps outside pretty well given he's a wild humanoid cat.

but once he get's back he's totally on wizard watch, and probably giving out fish and deer meat.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-14, 06:50 PM
Well aerus is actually busy the first day, as he's replacing most of his mundane equipment through traditional means. and he sleeps outside pretty well given he's a wild humanoid cat.

but once he get's back he's totally on wizard watch, and probably giving out fish and deer meat.

the villagers are glad for the fish and deer meat

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 07:03 PM
{table]Player|Race|Class|Character and Sheet|Aligment
Rendel Nep|Dwarf|Monk|Ovdal Balderk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=507936)|LG
ChrisClark13|Unicorn|Inquisitor|Grey (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=509194)|LG
Razorback|Samsaran|Inquisitor/Monk|Lerrin Exlin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=499566)|LN
ShadowFireLance|Quetzal|Wizard|Quazoratal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=507056)|LN
Ralasha|Half-Giant Halfling|Fighter|Cora Dale (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=507869)|TN
Crazyfailure13|Catfolk|Barbarian|Aerus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=507673)|TN
MHerbert|Tiefling|Alchemist|Lorenz Varren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=507846)|TN
Jynx|Human|Samurai|Tensu (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=508633)|CN
Not a paladin|Changeling|Rogue|June Wolsey (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=509699)|CN
oyzar|Drow|Ninja/Sorceror|Cyzra (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=509428)|NE[/table]
For reference.
white text to add to message size without distracting anyone.
My next IC post:
Cora will supply the best drink: Dwarven Ale, and BEER! of which she drinks... for medicinal purposes (muscle pain, and sleep aid). She parks her wagon out by the temple, with her twin cots. "I'll take second watch."

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-14, 07:06 PM
In response to 100k gold, how about we each get 15000 gp a piece, and keep the last 9996 gp as a party fund, for general stuff? Like if one of us needs bail, or we need someone brought back to life.:smallsmile:

WindStruck
2013-06-14, 07:47 PM
15,000 GP for Fale?! That's more money than he's ever had or seen. Or heard of. Come to think of it, I don't think he quite understands what this 'money' is.

Actually, if you don't find it annoying, I think it would be nice if Fale could camp out with Aerus for the first night (or however long). Plus, he has an awesome +17 to survival checks in forested areas, +15 in plains areas... and he can take a 20. Which should probably mean... food and water for up to 13 people. :smallsmile:

I'd say Fale leans more towards vegetarian... I mean he'd probably eat some tasty meat if presented to him, but he doesn't really want to kill animals. Fishing is probably as far as he'd go, really. However, Aerus can take care of all the helpless animal butchering. And I guess Fale will gather all sorts of berries, roots, herbs, whatever. Might sound more knowledgeable about this if I was ever in the boy scouts... :smalltongue:

MHerbert
2013-06-14, 07:52 PM
Pity that minerals don't automatically turn into trade-able coinage once you determine their worth :smalltongue:

We've still got to find someone to sell it to, and i'm fairly sure that 100,000 is more than this town currently has, or is likely to have in the future. Also selling it here would be incredibly suspicious seeing as we've just accused someone of a bunch of crimes for which we have little evidence.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-14, 07:54 PM
Pity that minerals don't automatically turn into trade-able coinage once you determine their worth :smalltongue:

We've still got to find someone to sell it to, and i'm fairly sure that 100,000 is more than this town currently has, or is likely to have in the future. Also selling it here would be incredibly suspicious seeing as we've just accused someone of a bunch of crimes for which we have little evidence.

the town has enough money, if you recall, it does all the funerary service for the capital, which brings in lots of profit to a few people. though whether you should pawn it here is up to you.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-14, 08:02 PM
the town has enough money, if you recall, it does all the funerary service for the capital, which brings in lots of profit to a few people. though whether you should pawn it here is up to you.

That's a hint take it!:smalleek:

And no I wouldn't mind Fale going with Aerus, but there would be at least one dead deer and multiple dead fish, gotta get all the supplies somewhere.

Also Yeah free fish and deer meat to all the villagers!:smallbiggrin:

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 08:03 PM
And free Dwarven Stout!

WindStruck
2013-06-14, 08:08 PM
And free ... plant food stuff!

(no, we are not bribing them with random junk! We are showing what 'good' people we are!) :smalltongue:

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 08:10 PM
In the case of Cora it serves a dual purpose, as it also functions as worship of her gods.

Thor being a drunkard, and the offer of her smithing skills being worship of Moradin.

WindStruck
2013-06-14, 08:46 PM
Uh... by the way, was that sword "viscous" or "vicious"? :smallconfused:

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 08:52 PM
Which do you think? Was the sword by chance described as gelatinous or liquidy? Either of which would mean that viscous makes sense...

Think. Logic Prevails!

Brass Dragon
2013-06-14, 08:58 PM
vicious, sorry, spell check fked me there, it does 2d6 extra damage, 1d6 damage to you in recoil.

WindStruck
2013-06-14, 09:03 PM
Which do you think? Was the sword by chance described as gelatinous or liquidy? Either of which would mean that viscous makes sense...

Think. Logic Prevails!

Well you know... the sword was black as night or something. And so was that pudding...

<.<

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 09:09 PM
Yes... the major artigact... the pudding sword.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-14, 09:14 PM
Pudding sword?!*manly tear*yes!!

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 09:17 PM
Talk to the alchemist. http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/hiepga/Cat%20Emoticon/hero.gif <-Personal mental image of me.

Manly tear? You mean this? http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/hiepga/Cat%20Emoticon/if.gif

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-14, 09:20 PM
no this

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w373/Crazyfailure13/one_piece_495_13_zps48d1e162.jpg

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 09:21 PM
looks constipated.

MHerbert
2013-06-14, 09:23 PM
Good thing i'm reconstituting that Black Ooze.
All I need to do is hire a Wizard to enchant a perpetual cold spell on it.
When you hit someone it melts a little bit, causing cold damage, and the acidic black ooze eats away at them.
Popsicle sword, now with both Frost and Acid damage.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-14, 09:23 PM
no this looks constipated

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w373/Crazyfailure13/baby-constipation_zps9f350290.jpg

EDIT: Just make sure not to sell that platinum.

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 09:24 PM
Pudding Sword sounds better. And that baby is definitely having a crab-fest.

WindStruck
2013-06-14, 09:27 PM
Yes... you never know. Maybe a "viscous" sword has an acid arrow/magic pudding effect that slaps on a bunch of that caustic **** on them and burns, creating a mini black ooze that grows into an adult from their corpse. Or maybe a sword that perpetually spews out the chemicals in the tanglefoot bag. Because you know. Magic. And it's OK that it's not realistic cause it's a game! right? :smallwink:

Hmm... I want Fale to bug Cora. Maybe while she is making a bunch of pots... when to post when to post...

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-14, 09:28 PM
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w373/Crazyfailure13/phoenix-wright_zps78eafd10.jpg

Ralasha
2013-06-14, 09:31 PM
Pots were an example, being the highest mundane craft DC using the blacksmithing skill. Seeing as I can make 17 of them in a day nearly from parts alone, or make 4 brand new a day... with a day being 8 hours of work... yeah.

So I repair one every 28 minutes from destroyed condition to 'like-new'.

Bring on the cauldrons (which oddly have the same DC as a pot), and other metalwork! I doos it! Ah, Am, Ah, Dwahrph!

WindStruck
2013-06-14, 10:42 PM
I thought that guy is supposed to say Objection!!! :smalltongue:

And regarding the thing I was talking about... it COULD just go in private PMs, considering that it would most likely be a conversation between Fale and Cora, with no one else standing around listening.

Although that just seems weird doing it that way for some reason. And if, god forbid, there's actually some fight that breaks out, Brass ought to know.

What does the sword go for price wise?
I think the effective bonus for that weapon is +4... which would make its base value 32,000 GP.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 09:27 AM
In regards to -jynx-'s IC question it's at least a +3 weapon, but the banishing effect seems custom so i can put a price on it, but you should have at minimun 18,000gp there.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-15, 10:52 AM
If you want, i can make it a pudding sword, im bored enough to make it a viable and interesting weapon.

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 11:00 AM
If I had access to 3.5 healing spells, I could grant 1 fast healing... but it wouldn't last long.

Also, Cora never got a response to her diatribe?

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 02:12 PM
Just came to my own attention, but does everyone think i'm playing Aerus's High Int & Cha, Low Wis properly?

Brass Dragon
2013-06-15, 02:39 PM
Just came to my own attention, but does everyone think i'm playing Aerus's High Int & Cha, Low Wis properly?

using a bit too much wis, int can't really be helped, since you can only play that down, cha is doing fine.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 02:47 PM
Yeah wisdom is about the only one I have a problem with, ok let's give him some ADHD.

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 02:50 PM
Yeah wisdom is about the only one I have a problem with, ok let's give him some ADHD.

Hey! I resent that remark. I have ADHD... but I happen to actually be the person most of the people I know go to for useful advice.

Whoever heard of a low-wisdom sage?

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 02:53 PM
Hey! I resent that remark. I have ADHD... but I happen to actually be the person most of the people I know go to for useful advice.

Whoever heard of a low-wisdom sage?

I Do too actually... recent revelation that explains my problem with school.

besides I'm just going to have him easily distracted, also play on that forgetfulness that I started him with.

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 02:56 PM
Hmm no.... I don't think low WIS = ADHD. If I might beg to differ... I wonder if high INT is the source of that. :smallbiggrin: Or perhaps, it's a factor completely independant.

I think low wisdom is... you know, the opposite. Being a "fool". A fool is like the opposite of the wise man. A fool does stupid things, even though he may not be stupid...

BTW, anyone want to make a little scene where we meet somewhere on day 1 or 2?

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 03:02 PM
Well that's just the way I would describe it, partially at least, Wisdom is probably the hardest stat to actually describe out of the six, and almost everyone has a different description of it.

my thought is that having a low wisdom means a little out there, airheaded, more easily losing interest or focus in something, being forgetful, and a slight lack of common sense.

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 03:02 PM
Oh! Low Wisdom! Forgetfulness! Yes! I have two wisdom scores! Take that!

Also, studies have shown that people with ADHD tend to have higher than average (or better) IQs.

This isn't always the case though, but it's a matter of 'I know this, it's boring. Oh look, something different!'

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 03:07 PM
'I know this, it's boring. Oh look, something different!' sounds about right:smallbiggrin:

That's why I play this game, you can do anything in it, much less restricting then a Videogame.

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 03:09 PM
'I know this, it's boring. Oh look, something different!' sounds about right:smallbiggrin:

That's why I play this game, you can do anything in it, much less restricting then a Videogame.

that's how it is for me....

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 03:16 PM
'I know this, it's boring. Oh look, something -- that's boring too...'http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e223/Detic/143-okay-guy.jpg

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 03:29 PM
Hahahah... at some times... yes. http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/hiepga/Cat%20Emoticon/emptyone.gif

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 03:35 PM
Ok goddamnit, I'm making a little er, scene, and taking someone with me, regardless! Mwahaha, it's going to be like putting a cat in a bathtub. :smallbiggrin:

-Jynx-
2013-06-15, 07:14 PM
Holy balls internet went out for a day and a half it was pretty terrible. So trying to catch up on everything.

Brass you said the sword has a 60K market value? Can I sell that for the epic lootz then buy some armor/weapons since I need a weapon that can hit a god damn ghost! (and I told aerus I'd get him a coat, and the pixie probably wants some sleep arrows and Cora probably wants.... something over powered or something and Lorenz probably wants some test tubes and beakers full of solution Q) No idea what ovdal would want. New hand wraps? All the ale he can drink? Semantics.

Do I need to worry much about selling the sword and spending the money or...?

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 07:34 PM
Uh... the pixie already has sleep arrows. Technically, any arrow he uses. Sprinkle some pixie dust on it, and it can do 3 things: put the target to sleep, charm person, or cause the last 5 min to be forgotten. And when the arrow "hits", it even does no damage. I dunno, maybe it starts taking on a magic/ethereal form and only affects the creature's mind at that point.

Well, kinda meta-gaming here, but you know what the pixie might really want or need? Adamantium. Though you'd probably need to tell him about it...

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 07:40 PM
what would fale need with adamantium?

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 07:43 PM
Oh let me be more specific. An adamantium weapon... because you know, those what, 2 or 3 different construct type enemies we had to fight are already annoying. His strength is so low that their DR would make him completely ineffective. But also, I think adamantium is also nice for a low-strength character trying to break or sunder something.

It's like a Ginsu knife that cuts through bricks like a knife through hot butter!! Or something like that.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 07:46 PM
Ginsu knives can cut bricks?:smalleek: I knew I should have bought some!

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 07:54 PM
Well, no.. I don't think they can... or at least, 1 or 2 and they're dull and couldn't do it anymore. Plus it would still be extremely difficult. Now if that Ginsu was made of adamantium.... :smallcool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HogpimfDo7Q

Look at that beauty! It can cut right through a bastard sword, then still slice up your fish meat and go right through your cutting board! Don't wait, don't delay! Send now and you can get yours for the low, low price of 19 gold, 9 silver, 9 copper.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 08:02 PM
@_@ I want them *MANLY TEARS* T_T

Brass Dragon
2013-06-15, 09:40 PM
my offer of the viscous sword remains

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 09:45 PM
Uh... so what would the exact powers be? lol

And the priest did seem to skip over Cora's response. I mean, it was the first one, and more important....

Also, as for new events and stuff, what do the people say to the idea of a feast?

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 09:46 PM
Well you have to wait for -Jynx-'s choice on that one, he grabbed the sword and equipment feels like a first come first serve type of thing. he risked death or injury (I think he's the one who picked it up.)

EDIT: yes the feast?:smallsmile:

Brass Dragon
2013-06-15, 10:11 PM
Uh... so what would the exact powers be? lol

And the priest did seem to skip over Cora's response. I mean, it was the first one, and more important....

Also, as for new events and stuff, what do the people say to the idea of a feast?

he skipped over because he skipped over. Who the hell is she to tell him what his god likes.

MHerbert
2013-06-15, 10:12 PM
Awesome, I like this policy. Calling first dibs on the Rod and Platinum then.
On that front, does anyone want to Quickening Rod, because otherwise i'm gonna sell it, along with the Platinum.

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 10:13 PM
he skipped over because he skipped over. Who the hell is she to tell him what his god likes.

She didn't. She just said she will pray his god agrees with him.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 10:18 PM
I'm ok with selling the quicken rod, maybe get a better healing wand, or some other useful wand.

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 10:29 PM
Awesome, I like this policy. Calling first dibs on the Rod and Platinum then.
On that front, does anyone want to Quickening Rod, because otherwise i'm gonna sell it, along with the Platinum.Well, I really think such an item could be helpful for a spellcaster, although we don't really have many at the moment. And it's all extremely situational. As in, we'd probably need to have the right spells prepared for it to even be any use at all and be constantly holding the rod just in case something happens.

My gamer instinct would want to hold onto it and hoard every little thing that might be useful, but when all else fails, might as well do what your character would do in this case...

Uh... so what would the exact powers [of a viscous sword] be?

Cmon Brass, concentrate!

-Jynx-
2013-06-15, 11:03 PM
Hmm I dont even know what I'd want specifically with the money from the sword. So For now I'm going to hang onto it until I have a more definitive plan on what gear to shoot for. :smallcool:

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 11:04 PM
Now, since you've answered the least important question. Answer this one:

Do you prefer the Pudding Sword, or the Vicious Sword?

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 11:19 PM
Hmmm... indeed an important though go with the sword whose effects are already known, or instead take the road less traveled and pick the unknown route of the pudding sword, which could be taken literally and turned into food, or be an artifact of untold and possibly infinite power, a tough thought it's true.

-Jynx-
2013-06-15, 11:24 PM
If it'll be worth the same (or better yet, more), pudding sword, if it'll be worth less, the vicious one then.

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 11:27 PM
It would be unique.

Thue Gelatinous cube we killed is called a Pudding. It is black... The Pudding Sword is black... do you know math? I hit you with the pudding sword, fort save or I destroy your armor.

Which one is worth more? If you don't want it give it to me and I'll craft you a +3 weapon of your choice.

WindStruck
2013-06-15, 11:36 PM
Bahaha, I knew you would eventually succumb to my logic!

But really, since the sword was "identified", I think we ought to know precisely what it does...

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-15, 11:46 PM
The sword he has isn't worth +3 it's +5 at least, in fact it's worth 60,000gp a full 10,000 more than a normal +5 weapon, don't try to cheat him.

Ralasha
2013-06-15, 11:58 PM
The important difference here is I meant a +3 bonus. I wasn't including enchantments in the final total.

As to the other... no. Not necessarily a +5, there are enchantments that do not increase a weapons enhancement bonus.

I would guess the anti-summoning enchantment to be unique, and therefor valuable. Imagine a Balor, I hit it until it goes home.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-16, 12:36 AM
Viscous: +1 Acidic weapon, all damage is acidic and does same damage to armor. Can change reach at will, at a negative size penalty to damage (large reach, small damage, huge reach, tiny damage, etc, all the way to tiny damage (1) and colossal (30 ft)

they aren't in the mood for a feast, but go on ahead.

WindStruck
2013-06-16, 12:45 AM
Wow, that actually sounds pretty cool! Though I wonder if, since the sword can just change its reach like that, if there isn't some bizarre drawback to it. Like, if it might literally melt or break away....

Ralasha
2013-06-16, 12:47 AM
Viscous: +1 Acidic weapon, all damage is acidic and does same damage to armor. Can change reach at will, at a negative size penalty to damage (large reach, small damage, huge reach, tiny damage, etc, all the way to tiny damage (1) and colossal (30 ft)

they aren't in the mood for a feast, but go on ahead.

What if you reverse the weapon size change? Lets say I make it practically a gauntlet?

WindStruck
2013-06-16, 12:52 AM
What if you reverse the weapon size change? Lets say I make it practically a gauntlet?

Well logic would dictate it becomes "large damage" (up one diestep to 1d10). And you'd have to be in the same square, which most likely means grappling. Although normally when grappling, you can only attack with a light weapon, which has to be, er... small compared to you...

Though maybe you could waltz up to a prone target and flan them with it as you stand over them. Yes, I used "flan" as a verb to hit someone with a pudding sword. :smallcool:

Ralasha
2013-06-16, 12:54 AM
The damage die going up doesn't mean the weapon gets bigger. It would count as an unarmed weapon as a gauntlet, and therefor count in a grapple.

WindStruck
2013-06-16, 01:08 AM
Maybe. Up to Brass... though I have another suggestion regarding this... should it maybe be considered a whip once the reach extends beyond 10 feet?

Brass Dragon
2013-06-16, 01:28 AM
sort of, but tripping and all the other stuff whips do wouldnt work, since, at its basest mechanics, the sword is incorporealish Just kinda melts through things

either way, it's wielded as a long sword, but sizing up for grapple hits is fine by me.

Ralasha
2013-06-16, 01:29 AM
*sniff sniff* I smell artifact.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-16, 02:13 AM
smell all you want, nobody became blind.

-Jynx-
2013-06-16, 09:29 AM
It's a long sword yes? Since the bases behind a long sword (one-handed weapon but can be used with two hands) and the fact that the damage on it would be a base 1d8 can we (for flavor purposes) make it a Katana? It wouldn't change any of its raw stats or anything but would fit better for my samurai.

Assuming that's okay I just want to recap what I think I'm understanding about this weapon to be accurate:

Longsword (Katana) Viscous: +1 Acidic weapon (Does equal damage to armor)

Can change reach at will:
Tiny (Gauntlet sized?) 3d6
Small (Dagger/wakazashi) 2d6
Medium (Katana) 1d8
Large (zanbato) 1d6
Huge (Calm down Sephiroth) 1d4
Colossal (Is this even real life?) 1d4 - Max range 30ft

Value: 60,000

Does it have a bonus to damage at all? Like 1d8+1 or 1d8+acid damage (or is all that dmg just acid damage purely)

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-16, 11:09 AM
I think it's pure acid damage, which is cool.

Also I think it should look more like Gin ichimaru's sword then Ren Kouha's:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: What type of calender are we using? the standard pathfinder one?

EDIT2: Will Aerus's fur grow back on it's own or does he need a regenerate spell?:smallconfused:

Brass Dragon
2013-06-16, 02:10 PM
It's a long sword yes? Since the bases behind a long sword (one-handed weapon but can be used with two hands) and the fact that the damage on it would be a base 1d8 can we (for flavor purposes) make it a Katana? It wouldn't change any of its raw stats or anything but would fit better for my samurai.

Assuming that's okay I just want to recap what I think I'm understanding about this weapon to be accurate:

Longsword (Katana) Viscous: +1 Acidic weapon (Does equal damage to armor)

Can change reach at will:
Tiny (Gauntlet sized?) 3d6
Small (Dagger/wakazashi) 2d6
Medium (Katana) 1d8
Large (zanbato) 1d6
Huge (Calm down Sephiroth) 1d4
Colossal (Is this even real life?) 1d4 - Max range 30ft

Value: 60,000

Does it have a bonus to damage at all? Like 1d8+1 or 1d8+acid damage (or is all that dmg just acid damage purely)

first of all, you aren't very good at size charts, since you skipped one, so let me illustrate

First off, the size of the weapon doesnt change, the reach does. That means to get the damage up by 1 stage you have to be in the same square as them. The damage/reach goes down/up from 1d10(0) to 1d8(5) to 1d6(10) to 1d4(15) to 1d2(20) to 1(30). Feel free to equate that however you wish. In all cases, full strenth bonus is applied.

It looks however you want, it can be a hammer if you want, but it doesnt do bludgeoning, slashing or piercing damage, due to the non-solidity

It is +1 acidic, so it adds 1d6 acid to damage in addition to all other weapon damage being acidic.

WindStruck
2013-06-16, 02:53 PM
One last question.... would he get attacks of opportunity from 30 feet away with that thing? >.>;

Hrm, well I suppose, he'd have to decide what reach/damage it has beforehand... still, you could at will shrink it back to normal melee reach and hit something nearby, then just before the end of your turn, you could, say, make its reach really long?

Would you be unable to attack things closer to you, like a normal reach weapon?

Ralasha
2013-06-16, 04:35 PM
I think it's more along the lines of chosing it's reach with each attack.

-Jynx-
2013-06-16, 06:18 PM
first of all, you aren't very good at size charts, since you skipped one, so let me illustrate

1d10(0) to 1d8(5) to 1d6(10) to 1d4(15) to 1d2(20) to 1(30).

I named 6: tiny, small, medium, large, huge, colossal... you also named 6 and I do know my size charts. But its equating to reach so I see what you're saying.

It is +1 acidic, so it adds 1d6 acid to damage in addition to all other weapon damage being acidic.

So a theoretical strike at 'normal' (5ft) is 1d8+7(acid) +1d6(acid). Okay cool Ichimaru Gin sword powers activate! I'm happy puddin' sword is a thing now.

WindStruck
2013-06-16, 07:52 PM
Wait wait. Oh I think I get it. Herp de derp.

So, Cora is still talking to Fale, saying "For?". As in, she wants to drag the apology out of him even more.

...THEN she just silently takes the weapon from Tensu.

Ralasha
2013-06-16, 07:56 PM
Never said she's nice.

Good =/= nice.

Lawful Good can be lawful ahole.

Rendel Nep
2013-06-16, 10:32 PM
Viscous to me sounds like it should basically jellify any flesh struck which would be devastating to living creatures. Some sort of spell effect like slow for all fleshy creatures or plants, living or not and extra damage to living animal and plants. This would make the item bonus quite high.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-17, 01:00 AM
I named 6: tiny, small, medium, large, huge, colossal... you also named 6 and I do know my size charts. But its equating to reach so I see what you're saying.

in defense of myself, you started with tiny, i started with small, and you forgot gargantuan entirely.

for AOOs, each time you attack on your turn, the range is chosen, it can be changed in the middle of a full round attack and maintains its reach until the next attack. so you have the aoo reach of whatever setting you left it at

WindStruck
2013-06-17, 04:33 AM
Hmm... ok... where would we get some tables, chairs, or generally just anything to sit around? Wouldn't have to be that stuff specifically I guess... maybe some spare wagon space or a large blanket on the ground sort of how a picnic might be made.

And then I wonder how the food would turn out. Do you think we should make some ambiguous roll to determine if it's really good and might attract people or was more or less ruined? Although it isn't anything complicated at all, so it would take a pretty terrible roll to ruin it.

Finally... think we ought to skip to that evening gathering around for the food and ale? :smallsmile:

Unless someone else wants to do something.

WindStruck
2013-06-17, 08:43 PM
I'll try to keep this in OOC....

longsword would be larger than greatword for you. it would be a "large" greatsword, so you could wield it with a -2

But, Fale is small-sized. Pixies as described in srd and pathfinder website are "small". As in, same category as a halfling. The way I've made his stats and description, he might barely be big enough for "small" but yes... I've treating all his relevant stats as if he was that category.

Now, when I looked at a weapon sizes explanation, it says that a light weapon is 2 size categories smaller than the wielder, a 1-handed weapon is 1 size category smaller, and a 2-handed weapon is the same size category.

If this was like a typical longsword that has 1d8 damage and is keyed for a medium-sized wielder, that makes the weapon 1 size category smaller than Tensu for instance... making it "small". Fale is also "small". Hence, the weapon and Fale are the same size category, and it is a 2-handed weapon for him. I wouldn't say it's a LARGE 2-handed weapon either, when you think about the size of a long sword... and the fact that it would only weigh about 4 pounds?

Brass Dragon
2013-06-17, 09:06 PM
no need for patronizing technobabble, a simple "pixies are small in pathfinder" would do, I warned yall about doing this. Don't turn me into an arse.

also: Jesus Christ, pixies are 2 feet tall now. That's some creepy ****.

WindStruck
2013-06-17, 09:20 PM
Oh. Well sorry, guess I could have assumed you knew more... but I wasn't sure. So yeah, I think the actual potential height range is 2' ~ 3' tall for them? That's still pretty short...

What, I guess you thought they were a lot smaller? :smallbiggrin:

Some online texts about them seem to have said they were smaller, but that doesn't seem "Canon" for d&d currently...

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-17, 09:53 PM
Im also somewhat surprised at 2ft, maybe pf changed it so something below epic level could hit it.

WindStruck
2013-06-17, 10:07 PM
Meh, his height, weight, and size category have been on the sheet the whole time..... :smallannoyed:

tsk tsk :smalltongue:

edit:
Hmm... wait...... do you guys WANT my character to be like, tiny or diminutive size? :smallbiggrin:

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-17, 10:15 PM
No I knew fale was somewhat larger then the mental image a pixie brings up, It's just surprising that pixies are that large in pathfinder, even when I know it.

also you really don't want to be tiny, dragonflies are a cat folk delicacy:smallcool:

Brass Dragon
2013-06-17, 11:11 PM
trust me, its better to assume i know more about the rulebooks than what's on your character sheets, i just check them for bull, then forget them.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-18, 12:11 AM
What type of calender are we using? the standard pathfinder one?

Will Aerus's fur grow back on it's own or does he need a regenerate spell?:smallconfused:

Cool brass, sorry restated because one of the questions has some relevence to my character's advancement and the other is just something I'm interested in.

I won't say which is which:smallwink:

WindStruck
2013-06-18, 12:34 AM
Also had some question involving the setup of the feast we'd supposedly be having and rolls...

although when we get to that (or, I suppose... if it is "played" through at all) depends on you guys.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-18, 01:17 AM
Cool brass, sorry restated because one of the questions has some relevence to my character's advancement and the other is just something I'm interested in.

I won't say which is which:smallwink:

im gonna go with gregorian, because there's enough to keep track of as is without adding more.

yes, fur, like hair, will grow back, even after being burned. It will, however take several months to fully come back. Treat it like you got randomly targeted laser hair removal.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-18, 01:09 PM
Ok what date are we starting on?

Brass Dragon
2013-06-18, 01:20 PM
probably still mid-march

WindStruck
2013-06-18, 01:52 PM
Could you try to address the stuff I asked about in the IC thread? I don't wish to hold up the game on account of this... picnic.

WindStruck
2013-06-19, 01:41 AM
If only Lorenz wasn't so anti-social and would have come out to lend a hand before Aerus almost set the whole town on fire.

Will Cora or Ovdal be joining them? :smallsmile:

C'mon, there was also fish! I don't think Aerus got a chance to ruin everything! :smalltongue:

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-19, 04:28 AM
Hey he made a very interesting cuisine, the catch to it was that it's supposed to induce the feeling of throwing up, it's food you eat to stop eating, the ultimate diet supplement.

WindStruck
2013-06-20, 10:12 PM
Nice, thanks for the answer... now...

How would you go about acquiring a healer's kit with an enhancement bonus? Just buy one? For how much? From a rather dubious source (Dungeons and dragons online) it appears the cost for +3 is 250 gp?

Or if you do need to gather up some special things, what might be the requirements?

And just wondering... if a normal kit gives +2 circumstance on a heal check, does the enhancement bonus add to that? For example +3 kit = +5 total bonus?

BTW: random craft check for making a few arrows. Only really need to get 12, and I got like 2 days to make them, at least.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ralasha
2013-06-20, 10:49 PM
Tip: take 10's. You're allowed to. Also, Cora canc raft better arrows... it's craft weapon... which she has. Want magic arrows?

:smalltongue:

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 12:45 AM
Still a bit confused on these taking 10s and 20s rules... You can take a 10 for crafting? So what can't you take a 10 for? :smallconfused:

Also, arrows falls under Craft: bows, although I guess it would make sense if they could also be made with craft: weapons too...

If you would like to donate magic arrows to your favorite fairy companion (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FairyCompanion), I suppose +1 would do nicely. For a small-sized bow/character please. :smallsmile:

Ralasha
2013-06-21, 12:52 AM
Oh... look what I found on that page as a reference...
See also Exposition Fairy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExpositionFairy) and Small Annoying Creature (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallAnnoyingCreature) (for the particular one you're thinking of). And exactly as described on that page... interestingly the second option fits rather well here.

Guess which particular one I'm thinking of...

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 01:32 AM
Bahahaha. :smallbiggrin:
Oh, I think I can guess...

Hmm, I wonder what sort of TV Trope thing everyone else's characters might fit into...

Ralasha
2013-06-21, 02:59 AM
Ok, I made a level 17 druid.... who wants to play roc paper scissors?

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 03:27 AM
I think a psion could read your mind and tell which one you will choose, thus beating you every time.

...unless I'm not understanding some joke here...

:smallconfused:

Ralasha
2013-06-21, 03:30 AM
>.>

Look in a Beastiary, or Monster Manual... under Roc. Then read what it's type is (animal) then read the class I used (druid) then put the picture together.

I play Roc Paper Scissors.

Emphasis on Roc. *whistles and laughs as you get carried away by her gargantuan animal companion and dropped into a volcano.*

I'm pretty sure your psion would run... especially since I tend to deck my animal companions out with more magical items than I have... imagine a bird with supersonic flight, a +??? to hit, nearly limitless strength, a predatory nature... and a neutral evil druid.

I have a portable hole laying on it's back, with a roof, and a house inside of it.

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 03:47 AM
Of course, my munchkin guy using some obscenely obnoxious homebrew class would beg to differ and say scissors beats roc as he decapitates the the dumb bird while dual-wielding 2 colossal-sized falchions...

Ralasha
2013-06-21, 03:51 AM
If you have to fall back on homebrew... you should quit playing. My chronomancer says: roll initiative, I go first.

Next up is my turn. Then my turn. then my turn. then my turn. ad nauseum (Ad nauseam is a Latin term for something unpleasurable that has continued "to [the point of] nausea".).

But... I avoid homebrew unless it's just different without being completely broken. My chronomancer for instance, is without homebrew.

After all, you don't need homebrew when you can do it legitimately.

I summon myself, and myself summons myself, as do I, 4 of me now cast 8 maximized double empowered typeless fireball spells. This means they deal typeless energy damage, which has the unfortunate effect of making SR act as energy resistance against it... so if you have a good SR 50 you'll probably only take several thousand, instead of even more.

I'm a dual wand wielder... I use wands of magic missile... I deplete all 50 charges and use quick draw to draw two more. These wands are empowered and maximized. I then draw two more... I then draw two more... Up to my maximum number of attacks... I attack with both with each attack, which includes my off hand attacks... and I have two weapon fighting.

MHerbert
2013-06-21, 03:57 AM
Ah, optimisers, don't you just love them? :smallamused:
Having fun with an amusing and interesting yet simple character concept?
Pfff, where's the supersonic, gigantic, magic-item-equipped mega-bird with near infinite strength that's impossible to dodge.
Now he's going to attack you because for some reason in his backstory he dislikes some section of your characters appearance and decides he is a threat/evil/annoying him.
Oh dear, you're dead, you'll have to roll up a new character.
I can help you create one if you want, how about this Druid/Barbarian/Cleric Celestial Rock-man I made, he's badass.

/satire

But seriously, I dislike pointless optimisation more than almost any other part of RPGs, and too often it turns into stupid ridiculous one-upmanship.

The following is generally my opinion when these "discussions" start.
http://www.conelrad.com/images/wargames_chess_request.jpg

Ralasha
2013-06-21, 04:00 AM
So true!

In my RL PnP group it's more about the humor, who can be more badass without having to remake their character?

We end up in lots of really stupid situations because we make supermen, then play them as idiots.

For great fun: run into the dragon's mouth to see where the fire comes from.

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 04:24 AM
Hrm, not really sure what else to say to all this, except:http://i.qkme.me/3uxo7g.jpgOh, and also that I won't touch any of that cheese. Nor consider it legitimate regardless of what the rules may say.

Ralasha
2013-06-21, 04:34 AM
If you haven't noticed yet with Cora... or perhaps any other game any of you may have been in with me... I don't cheese... Unless I have a really awesome idea.
If I wanted cheese... I would be a fighter archer or fighter (gunslinger). Now those are cheesy.

Six words (including these): Weapon Specialization.

I have a longbow. Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus (tree), quick draw, rapid reload. Elven Double Bow.

I fire two arrows with each attack... add monkey grip and the weapon is now large sized... you get it. But I don't really consider that cheesy either.

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 04:46 AM
Uh, I was talking about all that chronomancer stuff giving yourself infinite turns, summoning yourself, octo-wielding wands and simultaneously firing all the charges?

... I don't cheese... If I wanted cheese... I would do X. Now those are cheesy.

[describes cheese in detail]

But I don't really consider that cheesy either.

ok, right, gotcha. No wait that made no sense at all. Can we stop talking about this?

-Jynx-
2013-06-21, 08:27 AM
I see your large oversized Roc and make a level 17 witch and hex the living **** out of it. I would most likely have to rely on the sleep hex (boosted with all sorts of feats and items of course though the unlimited HD requirment + the ability to make your roc roll an absurd amount of times to try and 'save' against it would be nice) or I could go with an agony major hex that'd probably accomplish the same thing. Especially if he takes off into flight then is immediately put to sleep or excruciating pain and falls from that height and velocity. Probably wouldn't feel good... Man I shoulda made a witch.

Bummer at 18 is grand hex and then I could just start the insta-death fun. I've never played a campaign long enough to use a pathfinder witch the way I wanted to which is a damn shame. It's so gggeewwwddddd

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-21, 09:58 AM
Hey, fighter archer can do it better then a ranger with the right 21 feats, 22 if human.

Duel-shielding is also an acceptable concept. :D

-Jynx-
2013-06-21, 10:03 AM
A dual-shielding fighter would be pretty neat. Maybe you can enchant them with returning or something and throw them around like Cap'n

Brass Dragon
2013-06-21, 12:38 PM
A dual-shielding fighter would be pretty neat. Maybe you can enchant them with returning or something and throw them around like Cap'n

i infinitely enjoy this concept more than the optimized bs on the other page.

though it'd suck for the first few levels, it could be cool later on

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-21, 02:56 PM
Actually if I was going to try a captain america type character, I'd have to go with a LG monk (Though I'd see if I could make the monk fluff less monastery.) then I'd have to find a way to use the shield without losing the armor bonus.

It'd require more thought and work but it would probably fit better.

+1 returning throwing Axiomatic steel buckler
+1 Axiomatic amulet of mighty fists
6 attacks per round finishing with spring attack and moving around the board that it'll be hard enough for enemies to get the chance to challenge my AC, let alone get around it with the high wisdom, dexterity, plus enhanced shield bonus.:smallbiggrin:

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 03:14 PM
Nothing saying you have to start using two shields and always use them...

Hmm, also... what other uses could some professions have? I was thinking of shuffling around a point from the new level up to profession: herbalist, but I'm not sure what good would come from it. You know, aside from just making money when not "adventuring".

Maybe I could help Lorenz make some cool stuff or some special herbs might go towards making one of those fancy healer's kits.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-21, 03:44 PM
Nothing saying you have to start using two shields and always use them...

Actually i think it wouldn't matter to much when you started Duel-shielding, 1st-20th level doesn't matter to much, because the way I'd use it would be one is for defense the other for attack,

of course you could go for a Duel-shielder who TWF's which would also be pretty cool, but that would probably need to start at least at 5th level for that to be effective.

Course if you go with the first one you could take the PrC Stalwart Defender, and with the second go with straight fighter.

The only problem with Duel-Shielding is you don't want to go all captain america and throw your shields.

Though It'd also be interesting to go with a one shield using dogfolk.

on that note I now want to make and play a eldritch knight who uses a giant metal key for a sword.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 04:03 PM
Speaking of dual-wielding epic stuff, I think this guy's got Ralasha beat.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/01/27/episode-1087-exalted-feat/

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-21, 04:15 PM
Ah yes 8-bit theater, but you put the wrong link if you want to be impressed by the quad-wielding, sarda's in the strip.:smallwink:

WindStruck
2013-06-21, 04:36 PM
lol true... nothing will be that impressive compared to someone like God himself, although I did find the subsequent strips to be hilarious. :smallamused:

Also you got to give Ranger some credit... he seemed to have confused Sarda, if only just a little. :smallbiggrin:

Ralasha
2013-06-21, 07:26 PM
I like a grappler with spiked leather armor... you enchant the spikes as weapons.

Fighter does it best... once again.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-22, 02:54 AM
Are we doing anything else or can we move ahead to when the magistrate gets to town?:smallconfused:

WindStruck
2013-06-22, 09:42 AM
Yes if you all are done that would be fine.... hope you had fun. And maybe Brass got a break or some time to think...

Oh, and as of this moment, gonna be gone on a trip. Will be back in about a day and a half, but go ahead and start whatever is next if you don't mind.

Hey, and really, what are your thoughts on profession? :smallconfused:

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-22, 10:45 AM
Profession is a skill that could replicate any job you could think of, and in some cases will be able to replicate other skills with a Wisdom bonus (if you're into being sane and having common sense and all that jazz.) So you could make food with profession cook or or craft food, or you could be a weaponsmith or make craft weapon checks

I know I only said craft skill substitution, but if you get creative you can mix it up, a herbalist could identify a thousand plants without having a single point in knowledge nature, who though he couldn't tell you if that's a dire rat or a mutilated ugly dog.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-22, 11:22 AM
*cough* profession: lawyer *cough*

Ralasha
2013-06-22, 04:49 PM
Profession: Sage 'I know everything.' (Sorry, cheese.)

WindStruck
2013-06-23, 08:24 PM
Right, so I'm back! :smallsmile:

And apparently it's been a whole day and a half of you guys doing nothing. I take it we are ready to move on?

CrazyFailure - ready
WindStruck - ready
MHerbert - ready
Ralasha - ready
Jynx - ready
Rendel Nep - ?

Ralasha
2013-06-23, 08:26 PM
sure. soon as I get those coppers... >.>

WindStruck
2013-06-23, 08:33 PM
Uh... what coppers? Is this some joke I don't get again? ._.

Oh, and hey! Do you think it would be possible to substitute herbalism rolls for survival rolls? I would hope favored terrain would kick in, however, I do not expect the special ability I have to take a 20 to apply...

Ralasha
2013-06-23, 08:51 PM
coppers are like golds... or silvers...

MHerbert
2013-06-23, 08:53 PM
I'm ready, but in a few days (Wednesday) it's going to be problematic for me to get internet connection. I'm going to be in England, and will have to rely on public WiFi as where i'm staying only has a very small, rubbish landline.

I'm there for the better part of 3 weeks, but it shouldn't be too hard, just have to have Coffee intermittently :)
Blasphemy when tea is on offer, I know.

WindStruck
2013-06-23, 09:13 PM
coppers are like golds... or silvers...

Yes. :smallsigh: But who is supposed to give you the money, and why can't you just say you acquired it from normal business stuff?

Ralasha
2013-06-23, 10:50 PM
normal business stuff is dependant on there being work. So, if I got no work... then since I could... one of my swords is now a +1.

WindStruck
2013-06-23, 10:52 PM
Hmm.. ok... so never mind the stuff about coppers? Are you ready to go on now?

Ralasha
2013-06-23, 10:53 PM
I'm waiting for the DM's say on the matter.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-24, 01:31 AM
my say on what?

Ralasha
2013-06-24, 01:37 AM
Whether you are allowing me to do so or not.

I've had DMs get grouchy before when I went and did things like that because according to the rules I could. So I'm checking if it's ok. If it is, I now have 2 +1 swords.

WindStruck
2013-06-24, 10:19 AM
Use Master Craftsman: craft weapon to create 2 +1 long swords? Should be possible I guess, considering I think +1 enhancement bonus should be covered by caster level 5.

However: it would take at least 4 days of work to create both (the rules say you can't work more than 8 hours anyway). Plus it would cost you 2000 GP worth of "magic supplies" - which is half the base price of them.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-24, 12:25 PM
if you'd had the mats on hand, i would say yes, but this town, while it is large enough, doesnt have a magic items trade of any sort, so you wouldn't be able to find them unless you had the black market connections talent form rogue.

WindStruck
2013-06-24, 02:25 PM
Ok... Jynx? Rendel Nep? Ready to move on?

Ralasha
2013-06-24, 07:44 PM
Mmmm... then I want my coppers for repairs.

WindStruck
2013-06-24, 07:59 PM
Then roll for em! :smalltongue:

You can earn half your Profession check result in gold pieces per week of dedicated work.
And then since it's 3 days instead of 7 in a week, times 3 divided by 7.

Ralasha
2013-06-24, 08:04 PM
Yeah... screw it. I took 10s, since it's allowed by the rules.

Cora decides to try to find the land of ravenloft, where she can hopefully escape the fairy.

-Jynx-
2013-06-24, 08:09 PM
I am ready, I don't know or think I received any portion of the money cut from our earlier pillage due to me having the pudding sword right? Otherwise I may have upgraded my armor but otherwise no I'm all set.

WindStruck
2013-06-24, 08:43 PM
No Ralasha! Don't go!

Do not run. We are your friends. *blasts with giant laser*

I am ready, I don't know or think I received any portion of the money cut from our earlier pillage due to me having the pudding sword right? Otherwise I may have upgraded my armor but otherwise no I'm all set.

Hmm... yeah the money from platinum, the rod, or other such goodies hasn't been discussed much even OOC, and not even any bit IC. I'm not even sure why everyone else would feel Fale is entitled to much.

Though I think it was hinted that trying to pawn stuff off here was a bad idea atm. And it was also said there are no magic materials here, so I would only assume we also can't get any new magic items here as well..

Ralasha
2013-06-24, 10:36 PM
I could make us all nice mjithril weapons though... but I'm good to go.

WindStruck
2013-06-24, 11:46 PM
I did notice that ravenloft game you were hosting... I think maybe that's what you were talking about? :smallsmile:

Unfortunately if Fale tried to follow Cora there, I think he would inexplicably die from an endless torrent of DM lightning. :smallfrown:

Ralasha
2013-06-24, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't allow a pixy to be used as a character there... it would end up twisted into shadowfey... which is a no for a PC. If you want to play in it though, apply.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-25, 12:07 AM
Then roll for em! :smalltongue:

And then since it's 3 days instead of 7 in a week, times 3 divided by 7.

it was silver last time i checked

another note for ral on 10 taking: rules saying something doesnt make it so in my games. if it feels wonky, it's subject to approval. just for future reference. its fine here, though.

Ralasha
2013-06-25, 12:08 AM
I have a 10 for a... 22, since I'm assuming mostly knives needing sharpening.

WindStruck
2013-06-25, 12:44 AM
Brass, both sites say it's half your profession check in gold pieces.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/profession.htm

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/profession

However, that's for a full week. If taking 10 for Cora's example, it's only 11 GP. But that's for a week. For 3 days like we have now, that translates to just 4.71 gold. (4 gold, 7 silver, 1 copper) Well, you'd know that I guess. Just seems easier for me to use 2 decimal places to know exactly how much currency someone has.

Uh.. also... can we get this campaign/trial thing moving along now? Nothing's been happening.

Ralasha
2013-06-25, 12:57 AM
Cora unlocks her chest and sticks the money made in it. I am now ready to move on. (Saving up to build a fortress temple)

MHerbert
2013-06-25, 01:00 AM
I would set my sights a little higher personally.
Like an Alchemical Dragon with the face sculpted to be a perfect grinning replica of my own.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-25, 01:01 AM
well we can't split all the money evenly, with 10,000 left after everyone gets 15000, but we probably shouldn't sell anything since the DM hinted at it.

Ralasha
2013-06-25, 01:01 AM
Meh, I'm gonna have a temple fortress.... I just need craft construction... master-crafter... I make magical constructs buildings... that transform into giant robots.

WindStruck
2013-06-25, 01:07 AM
You should totally summon Baba Yaga, gank her, and steal her dancing hut. You will figure out a way!

Sure it's small, not really a fortress, lacking in the temple area, and looks really weird, but I'm sure the latter two things could be fixed with a little work.

Ralasha
2013-06-25, 01:11 AM
Meh, I'll stick with my super temple fortress robot.

WindStruck
2013-06-25, 02:09 AM
Oh, right! And I almost forgot, 1 work day as herbalist (using survival) and/or physician (using heal). The average mod should be like 15 then. And screw take 10!

[roll0] / 14 GP

Ralasha
2013-06-25, 02:17 AM
yes.... should have taken a 10.

-Jynx-
2013-06-25, 09:42 AM
Step away from OOC for just a bit then I come back feeling like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/bawanaal/i_dont_even_cat.jpg

Brass Dragon
2013-06-25, 04:42 PM
Brass, both sites say it's half your profession check in gold pieces.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/profession.htm

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/profession

However, that's for a full week. If taking 10 for Cora's example, it's only 11 GP. But that's for a week. For 3 days like we have now, that translates to just 4.71 gold. (4 gold, 7 silver, 1 copper) Well, you'd know that I guess. Just seems easier for me to use 2 decimal places to know exactly how much currency someone has.

Uh.. also... can we get this campaign/trial thing moving along now? Nothing's been happening.

all im waiting for is a go ahead on a time skip.

WindStruck
2013-06-25, 05:33 PM
all im waiting for is a go ahead on a time skip.

http://www.memes.at/faces/double_facepalm.jpg

You've had it. Probably really since Crazy Failure asked if we could just move on (over 3 days ago). Then I began making a list and asked everyone if they wanted to move on. Everyone except Rendel Nep has said they are ready, though he has barely posted in the OOC thread.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-25, 06:40 PM
well rendel was the one i was waiting for, but whatever, ill move it along.

WindStruck
2013-06-25, 06:50 PM
Well sorry then. I don't think he's taken up that much interest in the OOC thread at all, which is probably why he hadn't responded ... I did just send him a PM asking, although... really, it seemed wholly unnecessary...

WindStruck
2013-06-26, 08:19 PM
Uhm... Fale did directly ask the magistrate a few questions. Even if some seemed stupid, I got no response at all...

Also, where are we going after this? Will we have to wait even more time in the game just for a lawyer? :smallconfused:

Though I don't think one is even necessary, because I don't believe there would be a crapton of BS laws with specific procedures and loopholes to either let criminals go or entrap innocents.

Ralasha
2013-06-26, 11:31 PM
Think of the time period.

Are you a public official? No.

Are you a recognizable noble? No.

Are you recognizable royalty? No.

Do you have any rights? No.

If you're female do you get ravaged by the guards because they feel like it? Yes.

WindStruck
2013-06-26, 11:39 PM
Why get a lawyer or a trial at all then? Back in such a time period/location I may be thinking of, there was no such thing. Somehow, in the d&dverse, even though it's been low tech and magical, it still seems basic freedoms and rights for everyone are common. Unless of course they aren't in a particular setting. :smalltongue:

Ralasha
2013-06-26, 11:51 PM
And again, having captures him for trial, you are the one on trial.

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 12:17 AM
Hrm, that's a good point actually. But it's not fair to just have one person responding between the rather infrequent DM posts.

On that matter... not to be rude, but would it be too much to ask to simply read thoroughly up to where you last posted? <-- @Brass

Brass Dragon
2013-06-27, 02:21 AM
Hrm, that's a good point actually. But it's not fair to just have one person responding between the rather infrequent DM posts.

On that matter... not to be rude, but would it be too much to ask to simply read thoroughly up to where you last posted? <-- @Brass

that's what i always do.

also, the magistrate was befuddled by your questions, and expects one of your companions to answer them.

In terms of laws, im tired of everyone thinking this is the dark ages, if we have functional crossbows, rifles, and composite bows, we are at least at the renaissance, tech wise. Then you factor in how much the presence of magic would hamper technological growth while still allowing for growth of social policy. Yes, it's still monarchical, but they're damn good at it. (Basically, you do have rights as commoners, though not as many as your betters, because they can afford magic, lawyers, taxes, etc)

Ralasha
2013-06-27, 02:25 AM
And if 1k gold isn't enough to afford a damned good lawyer, then the king has the wrong gig.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-27, 02:37 AM
And if 1k gold isn't enough to afford a damned good lawyer, then the king has the wrong gig.

that's plenty for a decent expert

Brass Dragon
2013-06-27, 02:38 AM
i fully expect you'll hate this magistrate immediately

Ralasha
2013-06-27, 02:39 AM
Wow... lawyers in this country must live like kings... with tons of magical items. We should rob them... and take their shinies.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 04:14 AM
Good Idea, because robbing is the first thought that should come to mind when talking about officials that will put you in jail for the act.

also I didn't expect this to be dark ages ever, though I'd like to run/slash play in one at some point.

Ralasha
2013-06-27, 04:15 AM
Yes, because obviously everything I have ever said in the OOC thread has been serious in nature. :smallconfused:

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 04:17 AM
Apparently my sarcasm is getting rusty if I have to state it through text, definitely is you thought I was serious:smallwink:

Ralasha
2013-06-27, 04:19 AM
I think you forgot the if. And yes, it is in fact a good idea. I'll go in first and slaughter the rich people and silence the servants. We'll use the horses to carry the loot.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 04:30 AM
Great we have a plan, we shall proceed to steal from the wealthy people, I can't see anything wrong with that.

Also yes I did seem to forget the "IF" I type somewhat quickly, and try to fix my typos but I miss crap some times.:smalltongue:

Ralasha
2013-06-27, 04:35 AM
As long as you don't get any on your hands, you should be good... after a shower. Be careful not to get it in your mouth either.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 04:41 AM
bahumbug!!

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 06:03 AM
Cora could easily get rich without killing people if she would just take her great smithing powers and craft those wondrous, irresistible items always seen on TV adds for $19.99. All she needs is a charismatic salesman and she's golden.

Ralasha
2013-06-27, 06:04 AM
Yes... but he will need a beard... black hair... and a red and black checkered shirt.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 07:31 AM
Aerus can qualify for that position, he technically has a beard, High Cha, Black hair, and he can find a suit like that.

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 07:42 AM
Or perhaps, without the suit, you would be a good testimonial for a hair removal product Lorenz will be developing. The secret ingredient? Black pudding. Now if only we had some before and after pictures.

Consult your dermatologist before use. Hair Jelly is not for everyone. Do not use Hair Jelly if you are currently suffering from skin diseases or have low constitution. Side effects may include itching, rashes, bleeding, lesions, extreme pain and swelling, staining, crippling deformations, and death. If you begin blacking out with use of Hair Jelly, stop immediately and call a cleric.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 07:47 AM
Are you having trouble having too much hair? do you want a more organic and expensive method then taking a pair of scissors to your gentle locks? Well try 1,2... Gone! A new product developed by a team of alchemists that is approved for safe use by 4/5 wizards everywhere, the results give a clean and natural cut!

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w373/Crazyfailure13/images_zps13ab16c7.jpg

Alchem Inc. is not responsible for any melted faces or dissolved body parts due to use of 1,2...Gone! and will not give refunds.

Ralasha
2013-06-27, 08:32 AM
It slices it dices, it crushes and turns to pulp your enemies! Only here on D-TV! The fabulous new Dwarven Shrapnel Cannon! Guaranteed to turn your enemies into sticky puddles of arcane spell components at a half-mile!

Dwarfen Wepco is not responsible for misuse of this product resulting in unintended loss of body parts function, organs, mortality, immortality, house, home, village, town, city, country, castle, fortress, pets, neighbors, hair or loved ones. Please see your Dwarf before using.

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 01:03 PM
Is Bixby any relation to the famous wizard, Bigby? :smalltongue:

Brass Dragon
2013-06-27, 04:34 PM
Is Bixby any relation to the famous wizard, Bigby? :smalltongue:

we'll leave that to fate

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 05:02 PM
No need, simply tell me what you want to bring to court and I'll record it myself. No point in having amateurs doing it.

I can't tell if this is made OOC or IC... uh, but if you just want us to say in advance what "evidence" to try to bring:

1) First there's the note. Hopefully Ovdal has it. Someone in Night Falls should recognize the handwriting. I assume it is Harken's, but if not, that means there is another accomplice.

2) Flesh golem. Hard to believe that this thing was sanctioned by the townsfolk, which is another thing to check out, but its tracks led right to Harken's office, and he claimed it was his.

3) Bodies and tools of the grave keeper guild scattered around the main chamber of the tomb. The bodies were likely used to gain access, and the crowbars, possibly to break the "seal" (or whatever that big circle was).

4) Secret passage directly to Harken's office. This was probably used to conduct secret activities that the townsfolk were unaware of.

5) Bag of stuff golem had. It was probably the things Harken was collecting before attempting to make his escape. Should show that he was trying to flee for some reason and the contents may also be interesting.

6) Get reconfirmed testimonial from the guy who initially saw the ghost and ran to town, and the circumstances that led up to him being there in the first place.

7) Better yet... will Harken simply confess? That would certainly make things easier. :smallwink:

Can anyone think of other things?

-Jynx-
2013-06-27, 07:53 PM
#6 was Harken I believe.

When a wraith dies are there any remains? That'd be something to point out as well.

These magistrates vaguely remind me of the judges of ff12. I kinda hope they are. That means potential boss fights down the road. Love me some boss fights.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-27, 09:00 PM
#6 was Harken I believe.

When a wraith dies are there any remains? That'd be something to point out as well.

These magistrates vaguely remind me of the judges of ff12. I kinda hope they are. That means potential boss fights down the road. Love me some boss fights.

#6 was someone else

no remains of extraplanar things

love me some boss fights as well, though you'll need to grind a bit first :smalltongue:

also, there may or may not be more things, but i certainly wont help, it's my job to make your job challenging.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 09:13 PM
#6 was Harken I believe.

I was thinking that about the magistrates too, loved ff12, I tried to have a playthrough without a memory card though, it ended 40 hours in with me in tears
:smalltongue:

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 10:23 PM
Yes, with Fale's awesome perceptive powers (and not being a pansy taking 10), he discerned that these 3 guys look really well-armed, badass (made that up), and one of them has a fancy necklace that probably does something very significant. Either way, I think they would wipe the floor with Cora. Which is why I really didn't want her flying off the hinges there and boasting about combat prowess... really, not cause I don't think highly of her, but I'd still fear for her safety.

Anyway, can we think of anything else?! This is probably the only chance we have to gain any sort of advantage, because I bet it is true that there are some sly ways to circumvent the truth spells. :smalleek:

8) Harken's spell book. Cora or Lorenz should have it. If this guy was a necromancer, I'd imagine he actually has some hardcore necromancy spells in it?

9) Search his house and office for further random evidence. The evidence we have collect so far should hopefully qualify for a "warrant" to do so. What I am thinking of is more evidence of advanced necromancy spells, connections to the wraith and the tomb, and incriminating journal entries.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-27, 10:33 PM
Also, because it needs to be known right now, what are you charging harken with? If you're unclear on the laws, knowledge local may help.

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 11:04 PM
Well you know, we can use the charges he suggested against himself. We can also probably briefly describe the events as we witnessed them to the magistrate, and see if he suggests additional charges that may be levied.

Harken said: "2nd degree attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit advanced necromancy"

But I would also add onto that 1st degree conspiracy to murder, grave/tomb desecration, mishandling of dead bodies meant for burial, and endangering lives of the innocent (the whole townsfolk should the ghost get freed and go on a killing spree). And then of course attempting to flee the area.

But really man, you're the DM and would know this stuff. Help us out with that?

Brass Dragon
2013-06-27, 11:43 PM
Well you know, we can use the charges he suggested against himself. We can also probably briefly describe the events as we witnessed them to the magistrate, and see if he suggests additional charges that may be levied.

Harken said: "2nd degree attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit advanced necromancy"

But I would also add onto that 1st degree conspiracy to murder, grave/tomb desecration, mishandling of dead bodies meant for burial, and endangering lives of the innocent (the whole townsfolk should the ghost get freed and go on a killing spree). And then of course attempting to flee the area.

But really man, you're the DM and would know this stuff. Help us out with that?

well obviously i know everything that would even half-stick, i have them all written down with the evidence or testimonies that would prove it, but it's your job to find it. Think of it as a puzzle.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-27, 11:44 PM
Also Aerus has knowledge local so if their are any other crimes that might fit he'll know.

WindStruck
2013-06-27, 11:59 PM
Ok, so how do the 9 pieces of evidence I mentioned pan out, and would any of the charges I mentioned stick?

Brass Dragon
2013-06-28, 02:08 AM
Ok, so how do the 9 pieces of evidence I mentioned pan out, and would any of the charges I mentioned stick?

you'll find out, but not here

Brass Dragon
2013-06-28, 11:14 AM
so, the actual charges you're charging him with are 2nd degree murder, conspiracy to commit advanced necromancy, endangerment, and 1st degree murder?

WindStruck
2013-06-28, 01:08 PM
well for the last charge, technically it should be a conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. ...maybe that's redundant. Although the point is, no one we know of was killed by his plans, so it isn't exactly 1st degree murder. More like an attempted plan on our lives that failed.

Anyway, so are we riding along now?

Brass Dragon
2013-06-28, 01:24 PM
well for the last charge, technically it should be a conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. ...maybe that's redundant. Although the point is, no one we know of was killed by his plans, so it isn't exactly 1st degree murder. More like an attempted plan on our lives that failed.

Anyway, so are we riding along now?

yes, forgot to attach "attempted" to both of those

and only a few people have posted, so ill give them some time before i transport you all.

WindStruck
2013-06-28, 01:30 PM
And last chance for evidence you can think of guys. :smalltongue:

Ralasha
2013-06-29, 03:17 AM
He was also intending to kill everyone else that lived in town.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-29, 11:32 AM
He was also intending to kill everyone else that lived in town.

so attempted mass murder?

Ralasha
2013-06-29, 11:34 AM
yes, I believe so.

WindStruck
2013-06-29, 01:49 PM
lol I'm not so sure about that one, but if Cora would also like to press it, fine.

So, did the magistrates have their laws with them or not? Hope it's not like a 5-pound brick.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-29, 05:52 PM
lol I'm not so sure about that one, but if Cora would also like to press it, fine.

So, did the magistrates have their laws with them or not? Hope it's not like a 5-pound brick.

it isn't. it's a 90 pound scroll. (thing is somewhere between 300 and 800 feet long, depending on if it's the "pocket version")

WindStruck
2013-06-29, 06:48 PM
it isn't. it's a 90 pound scroll. (thing is somewhere between 300 and 800 feet long, depending on if it's the "pocket version")

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f7/11831d1337114660t-only-bronies-xd-mother-god-meme-240x180.jpg

...that's some heavy reading. Do they carry that thing around with them all the time?

While I still think it would be a good idea to try to look at the laws (and there ought to be some time) I think this is a job for someone that can both lift it and has the attention span to not be driven insane.

Crazyfailure13
2013-06-29, 08:55 PM
Way on earth would they keep a scroll like that, Is this like a partial theocracy and that is both a set of laws and a holy text?

EDIT: I'm also ready to move on whenever.:smallsmile:

Brass Dragon
2013-06-29, 09:47 PM
Way on earth would they keep a scroll like that, Is this like a partial theocracy and that is both a set of laws and a holy text?

EDIT: I'm also ready to move on whenever.:smallsmile:

it's mostly precedents, errata, statutes and other small case-by-case exclusions. The actual law portion is only 100 feet. It's also their holy text as they worship law in the abstract.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-29, 09:48 PM
ok, i believe i have everyone's consent to move on?

WindStruck
2013-06-29, 10:17 PM
ok, i believe i have everyone's consent to move on?

You have mine (of course), but also it is alright with me if you skip that little conversation I may have started and go straight to the capital. Or whenever it is you are skipping to.

If we still haven't gotten there and there is a response, I may also keep replying, up until when you finally move us.

Brass Dragon
2013-06-29, 10:20 PM
on a completely unrelated note, i found out how ridiculous mundane crafting rules are (taking 5 months to dig a freakin spiked pit trap), so i'm replacing them with a formula that makes more sense.

Time in Days = (DC - 4)*DC/Result It's still unrealistic, but it isnt nearly as bad as the current system.

WindStruck
2013-06-29, 10:48 PM
It would probably be better if you had different costs and times depending on what kind of trap.

For a pit trap, it ought to be dependent on the total volume of the hole * difficulty of excavating (soft dirt vs stone) / laborers (up to a limit). Then the DC to spot depends on other factors regarding how well it is hidden and DC to not get yourself impaled probably depending on number and quality of "spikes".

Brass Dragon
2013-06-29, 11:20 PM
It would probably be better if you had different costs and times depending on what kind of trap.

For a pit trap, it ought to be dependent on the total volume of the hole * difficulty of excavating (soft dirt vs stone) / laborers (up to a limit). Then the DC to spot depends on other factors regarding how well it is hidden and DC to not get yourself impaled probably depending on number and quality of "spikes".

first off, i know the cost can be changed by difficulty, but still, as a level 1 commoner, myself, given mundane tools and some basic materials, i could make a comparable cr1 trap in a few days.

someone made a wonderful post regarding cost based though. If you got 90s on all your checks each week and raided the dc up to the max available, a mithral fullplate would still take about a year to make. In comparison, a 90 on acrobatics will let you jump 90 feet, so nobody is allowed to compare anything from real life this high up on the numbers.

Ralasha
2013-06-30, 12:59 AM
Swordmakers routinely make swords in hours, not days. By swordmakers, I mean swordsmiths.

Craft weapon is also ridiculous.

WindStruck
2013-06-30, 01:08 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------TM
Sure but they certainly aren't masterwork quality, nor Magic !

lol I don't know. :smalltongue:

Can you even imagine what a skill check of 90 is supposed to represent? It's already far surpassed superhuman and into the realm of godliness...

WindStruck
2013-07-03, 02:42 PM
Here is to Brass (or whoever he may be visiting) and any of you others with problems:

http://gfx.glittergraphicsnow.com/albums/ll149/glittergn/getwellsoon/getwell007.gif
My apologies if it doesn't really work on more chronic/permanent illnesses.

Brass Dragon
2013-07-03, 05:57 PM
not dead, so that's good.

Ralasha
2013-07-03, 08:03 PM
Mine isn't likely to kill me, as my body does not produce an extremely high amount of platelets. Just red blood cells... and slightly too much insulin... And it runs hot... and my metabolism is really high... mrrrr.

WindStruck
2013-07-03, 08:57 PM
Just wanna point out, I don't think this update has anything for us to do...

...should we just move on? Unless someone wants to make a break for it or go crazy and attack a magistrate now? :smalltongue:

Brass Dragon
2013-07-05, 11:14 AM
Just wanna point out, I don't think this update has anything for us to do...

...should we just move on? Unless someone wants to make a break for it or go crazy and attack a magistrate now? :smalltongue:

just one last chance to run and make my day

edit: yes, the hall of justice

WindStruck
2013-07-05, 05:19 PM
Um... I THINK that's a design on the dress and nothing like pasties? Kinda hard to tell cause it's all stone though. :smalltongue:

Brass Dragon
2013-07-06, 10:05 AM
god, you all either stay up late or live in europe.

Ralasha
2013-07-06, 12:30 PM
I think it's pasties on the statue.

Crazyfailure13
2013-07-06, 01:03 PM
I stay awake at night, but I go between staying awake during the night and during the day almost every 2 days, I'm told my sleeping habits aren't healthly:smalltongue:

WindStruck
2013-07-06, 01:46 PM
Uh, what about his plans to kill US? That is definitely of a first degree kind. Conspiracy to commit murder (on multiple people). I've already mentioned that one like twice.

Brass Dragon
2013-07-06, 03:45 PM
Uh, what about his plans to kill US? That is definitely of a first degree kind. Conspiracy to commit murder (on multiple people). I've already mentioned that one like twice.

that's the upper end of 2nd degree. sending you to your deaths isn't the same as killing you, but it isn't an accident either.

-Jynx-
2013-07-06, 03:50 PM

Technically he didn't directly try to kill us just lead us into a situation where the wraith would kill us hence 2nd degree murder. Our skirmish with him was on our terms which makes it self defense for him (or at least a case for it).

Edit: Dammit I got ninja'd by Brass

Brass Dragon
2013-07-06, 04:21 PM
Technically he didn't directly try to kill us just lead us into a situation where the wraith would kill us hence 2nd degree murder. Our skirmish with him was on our terms which makes it self defense for him (or at least a case for it).

Edit: Dammit I got ninja'd by Brass

though you did hit a point i forgot to say, the self defense thing.

WindStruck
2013-07-06, 04:51 PM
Actually, it should be 1st degree. That entails it being willful and premeditated. I don't believe there is much difference between knowingly sending someone to their deaths and directly killing them. It's all the same thing morally (and probably legally), and the only real difference would be how easy it is to pin the murder (or attempted murder) on the person trying to do it.

However, the fact that it was merely "attempted" is probably the only mitigating circumstance...

Ralasha
2013-07-06, 05:52 PM
I knew I should have let someone die in the tomb. The fact that I did nothing wrong (IC) is awesome for me!

Also, as opposed to breaking and entering, I think the charges are Criminal Trespass.

Brass Dragon
2013-07-06, 07:08 PM
I knew I should have let someone die in the tomb. The fact that I did nothing wrong (IC) is awesome for me!

Also, as opposed to breaking and entering, I think the charges are Criminal Trespass.

the door with the foot imprint would argue otherwise, if it were intelligent.

Brass Dragon
2013-07-06, 07:16 PM
Actually, it should be 1st degree. That entails it being willful and premeditated. I don't believe there is much difference between knowingly sending someone to their deaths and directly killing them. It's all the same thing morally (and probably legally), and the only real difference would be how easy it is to pin the murder (or attempted murder) on the person trying to do it.

However, the fact that it was merely "attempted" is probably the only mitigating circumstance...

at the end of the day, the laws are on my books, not yours. But i concede that in america, you would be right.

Brass Dragon
2013-07-06, 07:17 PM
For lawyers: you'll all be able to find adequate ones within your somewhat narrow fields.

WindStruck
2013-07-06, 07:35 PM
Uh ok. So I guess everyone will accept legal counsel...

But do we each get different ones?

And now what...

MHerbert
2013-07-07, 09:49 AM
Sorry about my lack of posting folks.
I'm currently a scrounging WiFi hermit, and its an incredible pain to post off of this tiny phone.
You'd think Jolly Old England would have more free/good WiFi

Ralasha
2013-07-07, 09:57 AM
Nah, mostly free wireless internet using the phones for internet. Wi-Fi is rather... yeah.

WindStruck
2013-07-07, 03:47 PM
Well don't worry, I think Lorenz is normally the most quiet of the bunch...

Also, we went ahead and picked out this lawyer for you since you were distracted. :smallamused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYCvn7pqEHI

Brass Dragon
2013-07-08, 07:28 PM
ok, how we'll do consultations is by pm, i suppose, so yall will eventually be led into rooms with your respective lawyers in them. PM me for individual info or conversation.