PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Aura of Justice and Manyshot

Calinero
2013-06-15, 12:31 AM
So, in my Pathfinder campaign there are a Paladin and a Ranger, both level 11. They have fought some Chaotic Evil Outsiders in the past. Now, the Paladin has Aura of Justice--this grants his allies the ability to use his Smite Evil bonuses on someone for one minute. When they use it on a Chaotic Evil Outsider, then the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to twice the paladin's level. However, my Ranger has manyshot--in a full attack, his first attack roll fires two arrows.

What I want to know is, should each of these arrows add that smite bonus? Precision based damage is not added to each arrow, but magic damage from enhancement is. The srd unofficially says that Deflect Arrows would work on both arrows, since they are grouped in the same attack. Should this Ranger be getting the bonus quadrupled on his first attack roll?

Waker
2013-06-15, 01:38 AM
Damage bonuses from using a composite bow with a high Strength bonus apply to each arrow, as do other damage bonuses, such as a ranger's favored enemy bonus. Damage reduction and resistances apply separately to each arrow.
Taken from the description of Manyshot. I would say that the Smite damage applies to both arrows as Smite Evil is not precision damage.