PDA

View Full Version : [VtM/WtO] Soulsteel vs Kindred

Tokuhara
2013-06-15, 03:44 AM
I'm curious on this: what sort of effect would a soulsteel weapon (the material made from souls by Wraiths) have on Kindred?

comicshorse
2013-06-18, 08:33 AM
None I'd say ( well apart from the effect of being hit by a weapon made of any metal). Kindred are a different order of being to Wraiths and there is no reason Soulsteel would affect them any more than Cold Iron would affect Werewolves or Silver would affect Changelings

JeenLeen
2013-06-24, 12:19 PM
I agree with comicshorse.

If I remember my reading of the books correctly, vampires can become wraiths when they die (it's just less likely, unless perhaps a Giovanni has done some prep work.) That makes me think that they would considered like humans (or in the same category as mages/fera/etc) with regards to such things; they, like humans and others, have the aspects of their soul that could become a wraith, but it's not a wraith yet. (I think vampires have all the parts of the soul except whatever is the Avatar in mages.) Both wraiths and vamps are undead, but very different types of undead.

Dogbert
2013-06-24, 01:51 PM
Soulsteel does aggravated damage, but you need to be Embodied to be able to interact with the physical world as usual.

WtO ST here.

comicshorse
2013-06-24, 04:25 PM
Soulsteel does aggravated damage, but you need to be Embodied to be able to interact with the physical world as usual.

WtO ST here.

Are you saying Soulsteel does do Aggravated damage to Kindred ? If so could I have a a page refrence for this rule

Dogbert
2013-06-25, 11:46 AM
I can't be bothered finding my book (also it's in spanish, so layout is likely to be different), but soulsteel is one of those "universal sources" for aggraavated damage along with garou claws and pattern damage.

Mathenaut
2016-09-22, 01:55 PM
I can't be bothered finding my book (also it's in spanish, so layout is likely to be different), but soulsteel is one of those "universal sources" for aggraavated damage along with garou claws and pattern damage.

First things first. I'll apologize for the thread necromancy.

For the topic though, make sure that you are not confusing Soulsteel and Stygian Steel.

Soulsteel is the physical 'spirit stuff' of the underworld, forged from the material of the spiritual dead (that is to say, 'Soulsteel is people!'). It can exist in the material world, but it does not possess any particular properties except that it is 'substance' to the living dead (think 'Ghost Touch' property from 3.5 D&D).

Stygian Steel is forged from the 'raw stuff of oblivion', usually by incorporating material mined from the Veinous Stair. This is the good stuff. Because this material is essentially the very concept of entropy made manifest, it is one of few things that can permanently destroy the undead. It is similar (though not identical) to how prime-enchanted weapons cut away at the very existence of what they hit. This is why Stygian Steel (which is not trivial to acquire/produce, mind you) is one of the 'universal' sources of agg damage.