PDA

View Full Version : Running a Fate/Stay Night "BESM" Campaign

Renen
2013-06-15, 12:21 PM
I was hoping that anyone who ran F/SN before could share with me any homebrewed rules they had to make the Servant's classes different, as well as something to represent Prana. As it would make sense to make Berserker the strongest servant in the game, but give the master the limitation of their Prana being sucked away really fast (If im not mistaken in the novel they said that most Berserker's masters died from power shortage).

Renen
2013-06-15, 05:12 PM
Anyone got any ideas?

Tanuki Tales
2013-06-15, 05:18 PM
Wouldn't something like Mutants and Masterminds be more appropriate because of the power level?

Renen
2013-06-15, 05:24 PM
Yeh, I am thinking M&M or BESM, leaning towards M&M currently. But I would like some general ideas on execution and such.

Killercloud
2013-06-23, 12:15 AM
Anima is also good. I have done it.

Kyuu Himura
2013-06-23, 01:21 PM
If using Anima or BESM d20, make the servants invocations, this can be done with the summoner in Anima or the Magic->Pet Monster Combo in BESM d20, this will naturally make the more powerfull servants (Brserker) more draining to the master without you having to do anything about it.

If using M&M use the summon minion power to summon servants, and attach the Exhausting flaw to it to decrease the cost, thus making it easier to create a more powerfull servant for less points, but making draining to summon.

I don't know how you would do this in 3-stat BESM.

Hope that helps

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-06-23, 01:32 PM
Well, I love the idea, but I know nothing about the systems you're using, so...