PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read "Chew"

Scowling Dragon
2013-06-15, 01:18 PM
I dunno about you guys but I like Chew. I am getting a bit worried about it becoming a potential DBZ fest but I still currently enjoy it.

Joran
2013-06-17, 04:38 PM
I dunno about you guys but I like Chew. I am getting a bit worried about it becoming a potential DBZ fest but I still currently enjoy it.

Chew, the comic book?

I love the series, it has a certain demented humor that I enjoy. For those not in the know, it's about a cibopath, Tony Chu. If he eats something, he can tell you everything about it, how it was grown, what it is, what happened to it. This includes dead bodies. Hilarity ensures.

So, by "potential DBZ fest", you mean just the bit of power creep that was introduced in the last volume? I can't see much in the way of training episodes, followed by an episode which is nothing but a character powering up and battles taking multiple episodes to resolve.

The Rose Dragon
2013-06-22, 09:40 AM
Chew is one of the most relentlessly entertaining comics that I've read in the last few years, and the only comic that came out of Image Comics that I enjoyed.

I will admit that I felt very sad when Toni was murdered by the vampire on her wedding day, though.

Killer Angel
2013-06-22, 09:50 AM
Pretty interesting, i have to say.
Sadly, I've read it only 'til Mason Savoy became a fugitive, and I'm currently waiting to put my hands upon some other material...