PDA

View Full Version : What's your "Greatest Dream(tm)"?

EternalMelon
2013-06-15, 07:46 PM
Simply put: What is your ultimate end goal/life fulfilling moment/you-know-what-I-mean. The thing you wish you could have with all your heart and all the cheesy lines like that. Be as selfish/shallow as you want here. No points for "world peace" ect. (Unless you have a good reason/story to share)

Mine* would be to be a creator (web-comicist, writer, or actor) so well liked and influential, that I get a Google doodle. (Failing that, my own icecream flavor)

Yep, my name on a piece of the internet is my sense of greatest accomplishment. Why? Ever since i saw what they did for Freddy Mercury, I felt like that would be a great way to be enshrined. (Or in the case of ice cream, 'cause I like ice-cream)

*This is actually my second dream, as I accomplish my 1st dream on a regular basis, and its really mundane, so it hardly counts.

Morcleon
2013-06-15, 09:10 PM
I would learn how to create AIs and nanotechnology, then use them to slowly infiltrate the Internet and the physical world, respectively. With these newfound puppet strings, I would start with the South American countries, subtly making them grow closer and friendlier. Once relations have reached a certain point, I will precipitate a melding of all of these countries into one single political unit, greatly enhanced by the addition of aforementioned AIs and nanotechnology.

I shall then repeat this with Central America, Africa, the Middle East, SE Asia and Oceania. Once all of the non-first world countries have been united, I will begin convincing the first world countries to join the global nation, and eventually, I will create a world government in a post-scarcity world.

Alternately, I could just use said AIs and nanotechnology to randomly bomb cities until all the nations in the world are forced to band together to stop this rising overlord. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2013-06-15, 10:13 PM
I want to travel all over the world, seeing and doing EVERYTHING. Ideally with someone I love coming along as well, and poking me into active exploration.
If I had enough money and/or the skills to make people's lives better as I go as well, that'd be swell.3

Absol197
2013-06-15, 10:58 PM
Mine is fairly obvious: I just want to be seen by the people around me as the woman I am. It's amazing (and more than a little disheartening) that something so simple is so hard...

~Phoenix~

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-16, 07:13 PM
I want to be an outstanding artist and an equally excellent writer; and I want to use both of these abilities together to tell stories that people enjoy.

Lord Raziere
2013-06-16, 07:16 PM
to be a great novelist, the greatest fantasy/sci-fi writer ever that would write the strangest fantasy so well that people would buy the books no matter how "weird" they are.

Bulldog Psion
2013-06-16, 07:21 PM
I would like to actually have the time to write the books I want to write (rather than just one thus far) and to interact with the people I like as much as I would like to, rather than having to shunt those activities into tiny corners of time amidst a dominating sea of work.

Okay, now I'm feeling depressed.

Emmerask
2013-06-16, 07:47 PM
Build a working (with the current energy technology we have) faster then light engine :smallsmile:

Oh it should also not "blow up" the destination planet, that would be a huge plus ^^

JoshL
2013-06-16, 08:13 PM
When I get to the point where I quit my day job. Do nothing but music and still pay my rent. Plenty of individual goals within there, of course, but that's the one big one.

Grinner
2013-06-16, 10:27 PM
To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Truthfully, I'd just like to find something worth doing.

The Succubus
2013-06-17, 07:43 AM
If I had the funds to do it?

I'd like to start a charity for LGBT folks. I would own a large mansion with plenty of rooms and turn it into a sanctuary, so that if they came to friends/relatives/partners and they weren't accepting, I could give them a place to stay for a little while. I'd have a team of psychiatrists and therapists to help guests and meeting rooms where guests and families could talk with each other in the presence of a professional counsellor. I'd offer surgeries for those that need them. Above all, I'd create a safe place and hope to help those around me. :smallsmile:

FinnLassie
2013-06-17, 09:19 AM
I want to visit every single continent. Three down, four to go. Antarctica will be a bit more difficult. :smallconfused:

Other than that, I just wish to marry, have kids and be a home stay mum and paint on the side to get some sort of extra income in the house. Oh, and build my own house as well. With a Finnish sauna. :smallcool:

I'll fulfil these dreams in my lifetime. Somehow. Maybe.

Grinner
2013-06-17, 09:49 AM
I want to visit every single continent. Three down, four to go. Antarctica will be a bit more difficult. :smallconfused:

I remember hearing about Antarctic tour groups somewhere... :smallconfused:

CynicalAvocado
2013-06-17, 11:35 AM
i want to be able to travel everywhere for a living, but also have a fixed home/address that i can return to when i get homesick.

sort of like, having the freedom to wake up one morning and be like "i want to go to [insert place here] for [insert time here]." and leave after breakfast.

also to formulate a pill or something that reverses the damage to your body done by alcohol/tobacco/other

FinnLassie
2013-06-17, 11:40 AM
I remember hearing about Antarctic tour groups somewhere... :smallconfused:

Aye, I do know of those, but you know... Funding and time. I would have to include it to another trip to the country where the cruise would begin. Ah well, I still have plenty of decades before my death bed to do this. :smallsigh:

CynicalAvocado
2013-06-17, 11:51 AM
Aye, I do know of those, but you know... Funding and time. I would have to include it to another trip to the country where the cruise would begin. Ah well, I still have plenty of decades before my death bed to do this. :smallsigh:

i think you also need to have your wisdom teeth removed before going to antarctica as well, dont quote me on that though

FinnLassie
2013-06-17, 11:57 AM
i think you also need to have your wisdom teeth removed before going to antarctica as well, dont quote me on that though

I believe it is more the case of, if one wants to work there. As in being there for a loooong period of time.

Traab
2013-06-17, 12:24 PM
I just want to be able to move to the moon/mars. Thats all I want. Is that really asking for so much?

CynicalAvocado
2013-06-17, 12:35 PM
I believe it is more the case of, if one wants to work there. As in being there for a loooong period of time.

i stand corrected then. thank you

Helanna
2013-06-17, 01:33 PM
I'm not winning any points for originality here, but I'd just like to be able to travel. All over the country, and then all over the world. Just to any random place that sounds interesting or fun to visit.

I'm working on it, but I'll almost certainly never have the funds or time to travel very often. :smallfrown:

Failing that, I'd like to find a job/career that I actually enjoy, because I honestly just can't think of anything that I would actually want to do for a living.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-06-17, 01:47 PM
I want to start a high school for the arts. Programs and schools in the US for the arts have been hitting an all time low as schools teach more and more to the test.

Grinner
2013-06-17, 01:55 PM
I just want to be able to move to the moon/mars. Thats all I want. Is that really asking for so much?

Getting to the moon isn't the problem. The sundry health issues that arise from extended periods spent in microgravity are.

Mars presents a different set of challenges. While it does have gravity comparable to Earth, the trip can only be made once every two years using current propulsion technologies. So, if something should happen in that period of time, you probably won't be able to make it back to Earth before running out of emergency supplies. Plus, there's a good chance that you'll get cooked by solar radiation in transit (which is about twelve months).

Dallas-Dakota
2013-06-17, 03:05 PM
To organise my own annual (metal) festival which is so good that as far as a organiser can go, it will provide the best festival experience leaving thousands of people with satisfaction, broken bodies and great memories, eager to come back next year.

I'm actually working towards it a lot, doing a lot in filming events, planning on starting a festival catering company with my boss this or the next summer and organising small events.

:smallcool:

Aside from that, what Trog said. Adding in filming and photography.

Traab
2013-06-17, 08:50 PM
Getting to the moon isn't the problem. The sundry health issues that arise from extended periods spent in microgravity are.

Mars presents a different set of challenges. While it does have gravity comparable to Earth, the trip can only be made once every two years using current propulsion technologies. So, if something should happen in that period of time, you probably won't be able to make it back to Earth before running out of emergency supplies. Plus, there's a good chance that you'll get cooked by solar radiation in transit (which is about twelve months).

I didnt say i want to leave tomorrow. Im willing to wait for tech to improve somehow. I just want to live long enough to see it happen.

Trog
2013-06-17, 09:07 PM
Travel more, make more, write more, laugh and love more.

Arcanist
2013-06-17, 09:26 PM
I wanna be a great man like my Grandfather. To say that he was a Polymath would be an understatement of his skill. It varies from person to person, but thus far my family has described the man as this great scientist who took his love for knowledge into near insanity. I want to be like him; a true Polymath... Of course I fall short of that by what can only be effectively measured in parsecs, but it is okay to dream right? :smalltongue:

ArlEammon
2013-06-18, 01:13 AM
Bring millions to Christ. :|
And no, that doesn't violate terms of service.

TSGames
2013-06-18, 04:08 AM
Word.

For me, it is a simple dream: to make a good living by having fun all day, a dream toward which I actively work every day =) Life is just too short.

Feytalist
2013-06-18, 06:50 AM
Man you guys all have such exhausting goals.

I just want the time and means to sit in a huge comfy chair and all the books in the world to read.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-06-18, 07:04 AM
Man you guys all have such exhausting goals.

I just want the time and means to sit in a huge comfy chair and all the books in the world to read.

I think they made a twilight zone episode about that. Do you by chance wear glasses? :smallamused:

Feytalist
2013-06-18, 07:55 AM
I think they made a twilight zone episode about that. Do you by chance wear glasses? :smallamused:

I do :smallbiggrin:

I've never seen that episode before. I still want the books though.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-06-18, 08:31 AM
I do :smallbiggrin:

I've never seen that episode before. I still want the books though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZOnwdxsIm8

Enjoy. And your books! My goal is to always have time to read, but to read is not my defining goal. Yours IS a nice dream though.

Arcanist
2013-06-18, 08:53 AM

I'm curious why you think this would violate ToS on the playground :smallconfused: I always thought that it was only against ToS if it evolved into an argument or the like.

I for one, actually encourage your dream because I believe that spreading ones faith is a virtuous task worthy of great respect :smallwink:

ArlEammon
2013-06-18, 12:23 PM
I'm curious why you think this would violate ToS on the playground :smallconfused: I always thought that it was only against ToS if it evolved into an argument or the like.

I for one, actually encourage your dream because I believe that spreading ones faith is a virtuous task worthy of great respect :smallwink:

Thank you Arcanist. But the fact is I've gotten an infraction or two for saying something alot LESS closer to violating the Terms of Service. :D
But thank you. It's nice to see respect like that.

TuggyNE
2013-06-19, 01:37 AM

No (http://mars-one.com/en/mission/mankind-on-mars).

Amen to that one.

Extra_Crispy
2013-06-21, 01:35 AM
My parents had a sign up in the hall way of an old house that pretty much summs up all I really want.

"To love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth"

I have a good job that I really like, and I get to help people. So now all I am looking for is the woman to come home to and the 2 children to run around with and play.

Taet
2013-06-23, 11:46 AM
I want to find out why my dreams are literally killing off tiny bits of me. And I want to stop them before they kill off all of me. There have been some good things about still walking and talking while half dead but there have been many bad things as well. I want the badness to stop.

FrankLuke
2013-06-24, 03:50 PM

Thumbs up to that!

I want to write fiction and nonfiction in the day and have all evenings with my family.

Ravens_cry
2013-06-25, 03:28 AM
Be the next Chris Hatfield/Bill Nye/Carl Sagan.
I want to be a person who space exploration, and science in general, brings to the world, and makes it awesome.
In a world of amazing scientific and engineering marvels, we are somehow content to sit on our asses, and play Angry Birds. There is a whole universe out there, just waiting to be explored. I know space exploration seems expensive, and by gum it is. But if we took half, no, a quarter, no, an eighth, of what we spend killing each other on getting into space, into building and developing the infrastructure to take it away from occasional camping trips to an actual place to live and work, at least the inner solar system would be ours. It might take a few generations to develop the kind of technology to get people to the stars, and I doubt it would ever be fast, let alone easy, but, we. Could. Do it!
We have come so far, yes, but we are still only toe deep in a safe harbour.
Dare we step out, dare we take that leap out, into the grand infinity that is the cosmos?
To paraphrase a wise man, Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one can not remain in the cradle forever.

The Succubus
2013-06-25, 04:12 AM
I want to be a person who space exploration, and science in general, brings to the world, and makes it awesome.
In a world of amazing scientific and engineering marvels, we are somehow content to sit on our asses, and play Angry Birds. There is a whole universe out there, just waiting to be explored. I know space exploration seems expensive, and by gum it is. But if we took half, no, a quarter, no, an eighth, of what we spend killing each other on getting into space, into building and developing the infrastructure to take it away from occasional camping trips to an actual place to live and work, at least the inner solar system would be ours. It might take a few generations to develop the kind of technology to get people to the stars, and I doubt it would ever be fast, let alone easy, but, we. Could. Do it!
Dare we step out, dare we take that leap out, into the grand infinity that is the cosmos?
To paraphrase a wise man, Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one can not remain in the cradle forever.

Hijacking this thread to echo the sentiment that Carl Sagan was and still is frigging awesome. ^_^

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-25, 05:07 AM

<._.> I like the way you think.

enderlord99
2013-06-25, 01:32 PM
To earn 100 college degrees of at least Master's level, including 10 Doctorates.

To earn 3 Nobel Prizes, 1 in Peace and 2 in science-related subjects.

To be recognized as a saint (or equivalent) in 5 or more major religions.

To learn to speak 100 different languages, fluently.

To gain a Knighthood (which is made more difficult by the fact that I'm an American).

Yes, I know that's absurdly unrealistic. I'm still going to try for the first one, at least.

Ravens_cry
2013-06-25, 11:15 PM
Hijacking this thread to echo the sentiment that Carl Sagan was and still is frigging awesome. ^_^
Yeah. While I don't agree with him on everything, I think he died way too soon for humanities good.

<._.> I like the way you think.:smallredface: Thank you.

PallElendro
2013-06-26, 11:22 PM
My girlfriend and I became anthropomorphic. She was a fox, and I was an ocelot. Lots of post-event stress and animalistic behaviour.

Coidzor
2013-06-26, 11:23 PM
Hmm. Right now I'm still looking for finding my dream.

OverdrivePrime
2013-06-27, 11:22 AM
To fight against the alien threat and unite the scattered tribes of Wisconsin, ultimately leading them to victory and the movement that sparks the rebirth of civilization. I'll need a really nice sword, and a Go-Pro camera. And some sort of technology-nullifying apocalypse.

DeusMortuusEst
2013-06-27, 11:53 AM

This. Trog knows the things that makes me happy.