PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Evangelion/Dark Heresy Questions

Amaril
2013-06-15, 09:11 PM
Hey everybody :smallsmile: I'm hoping to start a PbP game of Adeptus Evangelion on the forums (recruitment is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288117) if anyone's interested, by the way), but I'm new to the system--all I have at the moment is the core book for AdEva itself, so I'm missing the rules for Dark Heresy. I'm planning on picking up Dark Heresy soon, but for now I had some questions about the rules that I'm hoping people on here can answer so that some of the stuff in the AdEva book makes more sense. This is what I'm wondering:

How much does one characteristic advancement increase that characteristic?
Does the 400 starting experience every character gets count towards their career rank?
If rolling low is good for skill checks, why do Training and Mastery in a skill give +10 and +20 in that skill respectively? How does that work?

Can anybody help me out here? That would be fantastic.

Daisuke1133
2013-06-16, 12:25 AM
Hey everybody :smallsmile: I'm hoping to start a PbP game of Adeptus Evangelion on the forums (recruitment is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288117) if anyone's interested, by the way), but I'm new to the system--all I have at the moment is the core book for AdEva itself, so I'm missing the rules for Dark Heresy. I'm planning on picking up Dark Heresy soon, but for now I had some questions about the rules that I'm hoping people on here can answer so that some of the stuff in the AdEva book makes more sense. This is what I'm wondering:

How much does one characteristic advancement increase that characteristic?
Does the 400 starting experience every character gets count towards their career rank?
If rolling low is good for skill checks, why do Training and Mastery in a skill give +10 and +20 in that skill respectively? How does that work?

Can anybody help me out here? That would be fantastic.

Each Characteristic Advance taken increases a given Characteristic by five points. Any Characteristic can be advanced up to four times.
Yes it does.
Levels of Skill Mastery make the target number you must roll under to succeed at a task higher, thereby making the task easier to succeed at.

Amaril
2013-06-16, 10:46 AM
Each Characteristic Advance taken increases a given Characteristic by five points. Any Characteristic can be advanced up to four times.
Yes it does.
Levels of Skill Mastery make the target number you must roll under to succeed at a task higher, thereby making the task easier to succeed at.

Great, thanks for the help :smallsmile:

Arraxis
2013-06-19, 05:00 AM
You're going to enjoy this, I think - currently playing that with my gaming circle. We've really enjoyed how it deals with mech combat - better than pretty much anything we've seen - and Dark Heresy's rules are quite simple and effective. Just... don't blow up Paris like we did. And definitely don't blow it up twice.