PDA

View Full Version : Half____ ideas

Arkhosia
2013-06-15, 10:42 PM
Just a possible half-breed formula for you to use.
• roll d6. 1: both bonuses of 1st race 2:bonuses of 2nd race
3: both 1st bonuses of each race 4: 2nd bonuses of each race
5: bonus 1 race 1, bonus two race two 6: bonus 2 race 1, bonus 1 race 2
Roll for language and skill/ability score bonuses

• average amount of racial powers, choose average amount. Round up if lower than 4, down if higher than 4.

Tell me what you think
Also, if someone could provide a demon race for this generator for creating daemonfae, daemonling, daemondwarf, daemonkiin, etc.

Deadlykire
2013-06-16, 01:16 PM
By bonuses what do you mean? +stat adjustments? These are often counteracted by -2 stat adjustments or LA. A system that ignores LA and gives only +2 stat adjustments would be utterly broken. Some races have more than 2 stat adjustments. How do you cope with this?

Racial powers being what? SLAs? Darkvision? If you are making "bonuses" random, make racial powers random as well.

If two players wanted to play the same "half _" would they each roll giving them possibly different setups? Or does the DM/GM roll once for the both of them?

I applaud the effort to make creating a Half_ random and easy. But the suggestion seems to ignore any thought of balance.

Arkhosia
2013-06-16, 02:17 PM
By bonuses what do you mean? +stat adjustments? These are often counteracted by -2 stat adjustments or LA. A system that ignores LA and gives only +2 stat adjustments would be utterly broken. Some races have more than 2 stat adjustments. How do you cope with this?

Racial powers being what? SLAs? Darkvision? If you are making "bonuses" random, make racial powers random as well.

If two players wanted to play the same "half _" would they each roll giving them possibly different setups? Or does the DM/GM roll once for the both of them?

I applaud the effort to make creating a Half_ random and easy. But the suggestion seems to ignore any thought of balance.

1: Sorry, I had designed it for 4e. It would use - bonuses as well-should probably change to modifiers. You could roll a d6 again to determine if a 3rd bonus is gained: 1-2=no, 3-4= race 1, 5-6= race2.
Racial powers would apply to special abilities/traits unique to that race, like a drow is the only race with lolthtouched (abilities that grant more than one power don't give both powers unless all powers it gives are selected), but non-drow races (monsters, but still,) have darkvision, so that's not a specific trait. I would roll a d4 for vision(1-2= race 1, 3-4= race 2), and a d6 for language (same formula as modifiers). I didn't assign a random roll for racial powers, as the variables of racial powers for each race make it too risky to assign an inaccurate way for this. You can assign a die roll as required.
Both players would roll separately-the main base of this half race maker is to create many possibilities (like genes irl).

Arkhosia
2013-06-17, 10:25 PM
For example, a possible 4e Githzeankai (githyanki+githzerai) would be:

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 160-190 lb
Size: medium
Ability scores: +2 Dex, +2 Con
Speed: 6
Sight: normal
Languages: common, deep speech
Skill bonuses: +2 history, athletics
Danger sense: +2 initiative