PDA

View Full Version : charachter build ideas

blelliot
2013-06-15, 11:51 PM
We are getting ready to do our monthly switch (when the dm gets to play and a player starts dm duties) and I've got a few ideas for a charachter to play.
First is a wizard/cleric focused on summoning
Second is a scout/rogue focused on moving into flank position and getting sneak attack and skirmish
Now I've got the basic idea to go into mystic theurge with the first option, but does anyone have a good idea for a prc for the second option?
Also any feats that would help for either one are also appreciated. Besides swift ambusher, improved skirmisher, acrobatic skirmisher, and improved acrobatic skirmisher for the second option and augment summoning, and extend spell for the first.

eggynack
2013-06-15, 11:57 PM
If you're going summoning, mystic theurge may not be the best idea. Summoning's viability scales up pretty fast, and low level summons don't do much where accomplishing goals is concerned. These're problems for not-summoning mystic theurges, but it's compounded on a summoner. If you want summon monster style summoning, I'd go conjurer wizard with rapid summoning, going into malconvoker at some point. Otherwise, I tend to default to druids, for sheer summoning might.

Waker
2013-06-16, 01:40 AM
eggynack is correct in his assessment on summoning. The big advantage of MT is sheer spell numbers, but since they have lower level spells, those tend to be better spent on utility type stuff. You should probably focus on one class when playing a summoner.
As for the other one, why are you mixing Rogue and Scout together? They share many traits, it would probably be better to focus on just one so you can gain access to the higher levels abilities.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-16, 01:47 AM
As for the other one, why are you mixing Rogue and Scout together? They share many traits, it would probably be better to focus on just one so you can gain access to the higher levels abilities.

Also, rogues like to stay put so they can deliver full attack sneak attacks.

blelliot
2013-06-16, 02:16 AM
I want to combine rogue and scout because the idea of bounding around the battle field into flanking position sounds like a cool concept.