PDA

View Full Version : multi classing?

luthais
2013-06-16, 12:12 AM
I'm playing a lvl 2 warlock, and thinking about multi classing within the next few lvls. I'm trying to keep him in the "debuffer" category, as it simply isn't the class to deal huge damage like I normally go for. Any class that gives good penalties to enemies within a few lvls. Also, I gave a little thought to cleric, to ad to survivability. Anybody got some good ideas?

Flickerdart
2013-06-16, 12:43 AM
Hexblade (using Mearls' fix) and Paladin of Tyranny are good debuffers and synergize well with the Warlock's Charisma. Hexblade is the better choice if you want to debuff at range, take it to level 4 and get the Dark Companion ACF. Paladin of Tyranny is better for melee (if you are using Eldritch Claws or Eldritch Glaive) and should be taken to level 3.

Waker
2013-06-16, 01:14 AM
Lot of good debuffs in Necromancy, so you might consider Cleric, Necromancer (Wizard), Sorcerer or Dread Necromancer. Bard has a few options with spells and ACFs/feats for Bardic Performance. Some of the Shadow Hand maneuvers for Swordsage do ability damage if my memory serves. Not quite as effective, but an option nonetheless is to take a class with Sneak Attack/Skirmish and grab some of the Ambush feats.

luthais
2013-06-16, 08:29 AM
I should probably mention the other players in the group. We have a gnome favored soul (who quite literally believes he is Garl Glittergold), a bard, an imagist, a barbarian, a psioniost, a monk, and a dread necromancer. I'd like to avoid taking one of these classes if I could. Really want something different.