PDA

View Full Version : Need Conspiracies

Waspinator
2013-06-16, 01:36 AM
I'm making a Call of Cthulhu character who at least THINKS he was abducted by aliens and believes all kinds of stupid conspiracy theories he's read online, leaving it up to the GM if any of them are true. So, I need stupid theories! Any suggestions? I've got these so far:

1: Wearing a tin foil bracelet blocks mind control.
2: Instant oatmeal kills alien brain slugs.
3: JFK was shot by a werewolf.
4: Dracula has a secret moon base.
5: The X-Files was made to discredit alien theories (like that one episode of Stargate with Wormhole X-Treme)
6: Any sick person is probably an alien not used to our germs.
7: Aliens explode when they die, making it hard to get evidence.
8: Bigfoot actually appears blurry in real life, those photos are accurate.

Longes
2013-06-16, 01:43 AM
1. Fnord.
2. Illuminati are controlling you through the math schoolbooks.
3. Gods of ancient Greece were actually time travelers.
4. American road system is an attempt to create gigantic demon summoning circle.
5. American tax system is an attempt to mind-control populace through numerology.
6. King Arthur and his knights still live, and make their gatherings among the bums of New York.
7. Metal money hurt fairies, and paper money are their counterattack to leave Earth defenseless.
8. Smoking pot actually guides you to enlightenment, and government doesn't want that.

Grinner
2013-06-16, 02:19 AM
Check page 14. (http://www.atlas-games.com/pdf_storage/ua2_preview.pdf)

Rhynn
2013-06-16, 02:25 AM
Lots of real ones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories).

Some of my faves...
1. Major political figures are really reptilians.
2. The Knights Templar were actually founded by the Hashashins to protect their Satanic artifacts and still exist today, holding positions of power and controlling things through the Freemasons!
3. The Earth is hollow and contains another world.
4. The Anunnaki seeded the Earth with life and guided our growth into civilization.
5. The pyramids, both Egyptian and Mayan, were built for, by, or with aliens.

The above could, obviously, all be true (if somewhat inaccurate or corrupted) in Call of Cthulhu.

And just watch the History Channel. Half the shows are about crazy half-baked ideas that are offensive nonsense as "science" but are great for Call of Cthulhu inspiration.

I have an entire campaign outline based on the Templar idea, tying back to Yog-Sothoth (I like connecting real religions to Mythos figures in my CoC, and YHWH is Yog-Sothoth).

DigoDragon
2013-06-20, 07:09 AM
"The little plastic tip on a shoelace is called an aglet, and it's purpose... is sinister."

Some fun conspiracies my group has collected~

Walt Disney World has a weather controlling machine.
NASA has experimented with installed alien tech in the space shuttles.
The moon Iapetus is a derelict alien ship.
The flouride added in drinking water has been modified to pacify the populous.

Jay R
2013-06-20, 11:09 AM
3: JFK was shot by a werewolf.

I thought he was killed by the grassy gnoll.

Mutazoia
2013-06-20, 11:35 AM
The planes that hit the towers on 9-11 were actually cruise missiles with holograms around them (Alex Jone's favorite bunko theory)
Republicans hold satanic (or in this case elder god) rituals at a secret compound called "The Grove" (Another Alex Jones gem)

Hell...just read any of Alex Jone's crap...you'll be knee deep in conspiracies in seconds.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O8APB840ZE4/T4i77AFg_4I/AAAAAAAAARg/IEae6RcD1F8/s1600/the-very-best-of-the-success-kid-meme.jpg

Longes
2013-06-20, 12:01 PM
Image macros are the way for KGB to send messages to its agents.

comicshorse
2013-06-20, 02:36 PM

That may be the best pun I've ever heard :smallsmile:

Dogbert
2013-06-25, 11:58 AM
Oh, CoC. I read tbe thread's title and thought the OP was looking for people who conspired agaisnt him.

Hyena
2013-06-25, 12:01 PM
Milkmen are terrorists. All of them.

Waspinator
2013-06-25, 03:21 PM

Special delivery today!

Razanir
2013-06-25, 03:26 PM
Listen, ya di'n't 'ear this from me, but ya ain't in control o' yer actions. See there's these there titans. And all they do all day is sit around tables throwin' these monoliths around. 'N these monoliths 'ave weird symbols on them. Make no sense ter us, but I think it's some sorta language. Like they can communicate without us knowin'. 'N rumor 'as it that they're the real masters of this 'ere world. They's speakin' in their weird alien speak 'n dictatin' what we do 'ere.

Razanir
2013-06-25, 03:28 PM

And they're allied with the butlers.

THE BUTLER ALWAYS COMMITS THE CRIME

Beelzebub1111
2013-06-25, 03:28 PM
http://www.keanuisimmortal.com/

Sith_Happens
2013-06-25, 04:25 PM
All conspiracy theories are actually fabrications of the One World Council to throw people off-track.

Yes, even this one.:smallconfused:

Emmerask
2013-06-25, 08:44 PM
1) The moon landing was a hoax and actually done in the walt disney studios
2) The trails behind planes are actually chemical sprays used to experiment on people mass scale
3) the nsa collects all your online and phone data (was a conspiracy theory for very long before proven to be correct ;))
4) the Titanic sinking was on purpose to collect insurance money
5) Pyramids are alien landing platforms
6) There are Nazis on the dark side of the moon plus they had zero point engines

rest was already mentioned ^^

Tarqiup Inua
2013-06-25, 09:38 PM
Don't forget the traditional:
1) HIV was made by government and polio vaccine was a means of spreading it among people
2) fluoride in the water is actually there to dumb down population to make it easier to control
3) there is the one about HAARP - its abilities supposedly range from controlling human minds to controlling weather and causing natural disaster - remember - it's all in Tesla's works
4) scientists (Freemasons - there isn't really difference) made LHC to serve as "Satan's Stargate" - it is to make a hole in Van Allen's radiation belt (the one that made Moon landings impossible)
The hole would then allow nephilim (or were they reptilians?) to invade the Earth from their home planet Nibiru (10th planet of our Solar system) as it passed near Earth... (this one is from gorilla199's channel on youtube - I think that place is priceless source of information for you if you want to play character like that)

Jay R
2013-06-26, 10:53 AM
Extra points if you can arrange for him to believe in two contradictory conspiracies at the same time:

1. Aliens are coming to Earth to abduct earthling for their experiments. They control the government, so the government covers up any evidence of the aliens.

2. Space travel is impossible. The government fakes all space news and rocket launches, and makes up stories about UFOs, to hide the fact that area 51 is really where their mind-control machines are built.

Mutazoia
2013-06-26, 10:38 PM
Extra points if you can arrange for him to believe in two contradictory conspiracies at the same time:

1. Aliens are coming to Earth to abduct earthling for their experiments. They control the government, so the government covers up any evidence of the aliens.

2. Space travel is impossible. The government fakes all space news and rocket launches, and makes up stories about UFOs, to hide the fact that area 51 is really where their mind-control machines are built.

Oh that's easy:

You see, space travel is impossible for us humans. The government fakes all that stuff you see in the news. The mars rover footage? Shot in Nevada. Moon landing? Disney did that one. The alien's don't want us gettin into space. That's right! Cuz the aliens really control the government and they use that mind control device the government got's in area 51 to make people think UFO sitings are a hoax and that people who believe are crazy! But they're not crazy...they're the one's immune to the mind control! They spread rumors that there's alien space ships at Area 51 and then use the mind control device to make people think those rumors are crazy!

Jay R
2013-06-27, 09:40 AM
Oh that's easy:

You see, space travel is impossible for us humans. The government fakes all that stuff you see in the news. The mars rover footage? Shot in Nevada. Moon landing? Disney did that one. The alien's don't want us gettin into space. That's right! Cuz the aliens really control the government and they use that mind control device the government got's in area 51 to make people think UFO sitings are a hoax and that people who believe are crazy! But they're not crazy...they're the one's immune to the mind control! They spread rumors that there's alien space ships at Area 51 and then use the mind control device to make people think those rumors are crazy!

Disqualified - you made them non-contradictory.

Extra points for actually believing two contradictory conspiracies at the same time. A proper paranoid will not let logic get in the way.

Mutazoia
2013-06-27, 10:43 AM
Disqualified - you made them non-contradictory.

Extra points for actually believing two contradictory conspiracies at the same time. A proper paranoid will not let logic get in the way.

Who said Aliens have to arrive by space travel? They teleport here.

Razanir
2013-06-27, 09:25 PM
Who said Aliens have to arrive by space travel? They teleport here.

No, they go vworp and travel through time and space

Mutazoia
2013-06-27, 09:50 PM
No, they go vworp and travel through time and space

Baldersash...space travel is impossible.

Grinner
2013-06-27, 09:58 PM
Baldersash...space travel is impossible.

Nonsense. I travel through space all the time.

I also travel through time. :smalltongue:

Razanir
2013-06-27, 10:50 PM
Nonsense. I travel through space all the time.

I also travel through time. :smalltongue:

And I do so in a blue box that goes vworp