PDA

View Full Version : Best prohibited school for an arcane hierophant?

Spuddles
2013-06-16, 02:56 AM
Focused in Conjuration with evocation & illusion banned. These aren't negotiable.

I have to ban one more- what should it be?

eggynack
2013-06-16, 03:00 AM
I would think it should be either enchantment, because enchantment is generally a bit easy to stop, or necromancy, because it's both somewhat one dimensional, and hated by druids. Are you even allowed to create zombies as a druid? It's at least somewhat against their ethos. I know that debuffs are more in the wizard necromancer's wheelhouse, but I can't see a druid liking those that much either.

Spuddles
2013-06-16, 04:44 AM
Command undead is such an amazing spell, though, as is ray of stupidity. One disables stupid things, like animals, and the other disables all nonintelligent undead.

This is gonna be a low level game, so those are both great spells.

I'm actually leaning abjuration be because it doesn't offer much that druid doesn't at low levels. Mind blank is only good if you got 8th level slots.

Waker
2013-06-16, 10:27 AM
I'd say Enchantment. Aside from the usual complaints about the school being easily negated, you are also playing a theurge class, so you'll be restricted to lower level enchantments against enemies, so they'll have an easier time saving against your spells.

Piggy Knowles
2013-06-16, 10:29 AM
If you're not planning on doing any planar binding, and you won't go high enough level to use Mind Blank, I'd agree with Abjuration.

Spuddles
2013-06-16, 04:23 PM
I just noticed that druids get dispel magic at 7th level.

Think I'll go with enchantment. Do lose out on power word: pain and ray of stupidity. Those are really good spells.