PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Soulthief's Touch

Slylizard
2013-06-16, 04:02 AM
Howdy all.

Looking at playing a Vitalist Soulthied and trying to work out if the Soulthief's Touch ability is as powerful as I think it is.

From what I can tell, it allows you to use the Transfer Wounds ability as a hostile action:

Soulthief's Touch
A soulthief vitalist of 2nd level who utilizes transfer wounds can choose to instead deal the amount of damage that transfer wounds would normally heal plus the soulthief's class level to the target, healing himself a number of hit points equal to the damage dealt. A soulthief may not heal more hit points than the touched creature had prior to using this ability.

This ability may only be used on creatures with a Constitution score and may not be used against creatures in the soulthief's collective. A soulthief may use this ability on creatures with a total number of hit dice less than half his vitalist level, but he gains no healing from it.

The Transfer Wounds ability lends no light on the issue either:

Transfer Wounds (Su)
All vitalists learn how to transfer wounds with but a touch. As a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, a vitalist may touch a target and heal it for 1d6 points of damage. The vitalist suffers the same number of points of non-lethal damage (up to the amount the target is actually healed) At 4th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the damage healed to the target and non-lethal damage taken by the vitalist increases by 1d6. A vitalist may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier. A vitalist may not use this ability upon himself.

So is it as good as I think it is... or is there an unwritten melee touch attack involved here?

Psyren
2013-06-16, 11:32 AM
Any attempt to touch a hostile target requires a touch attack roll. Note that this means a Soulthief's touch can crit.

JusticeZero
2013-06-16, 03:37 PM
Well, it lets you use a healing power for direct damage with a touch attack (20x2 crit). Which they can then shuffle with their network as needed. Is that as powerful as you think it is?

Slylizard
2013-06-16, 04:25 PM
Well, it lets you use a healing power for direct damage with a touch attack (20x2 crit). Which they can then shuffle with their network as needed. Is that as powerful as you think it is?

Oh definitely, was just confirming whether or not you needed to roll to do so.

Thanks Psyren, I figured that'd be the case, just wanted to confirm.