PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 3e] Gotham's Twilight (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 03:00 PM
Welcome to Guardian Talk, Gotham's number one afternoon news program. Last night, The Batman broke into an apartment complex and murdered a criminal by the alias of Massacre. His real name has yet to be revealed to the public. S.H.I.E.L.D. has said that they will be taking over the GCPD's investigation of The Batman. S.H.I.E.L.D. has no comment on the increased flow of Metahumans into our fair city. In unrelated news, the big four are considering the Gotham Opera House as the location of their next charity gala. We'll have more after these words from our sponsors.
~~~~~

Daredevil #1
The criminals in Gotham know no fear. It's your Job to teach it to them. These scum bags are getting a Colombian drug shipment at sundown. They aren't even waiting for the night. You are currently behind a stack of crates. You can easily see eight goons hauling boxes and giggling to each other.

Starwind #1
Your hunt for Luthor's people has lead you to a house in the suburbs on the edge of town. You believe that Luthor's thug, Livewire, is being put up here. The street has nothing in the way of security, but there are multiple cars in front of Livewire's house leading for you to suspect that she has guards.

Deathstroke #1
Your information broker contacts you with a nine hundred thousand dollar deal. You'd go to a trendy restaurant called Yearbook, tell them the password, Smalltime, and they'd give you a bomb. You'd then go to the 12th floor of the Wayne Medical Research Tower, push the bomb's timer, and escape.

Impulse #1
The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents lead you to the penthouse of the apartment building where Massacre was killed. As you enter, the agents disperse and begin discussing things with various cops.
The apartment is a mess. Furniture is knocked over, windows are broken and a bat symbol is drawn on a wall in blood.
A man in a trenchcoat walks up to you and smiles, "Hello, I'm Commissioner James Gordan." He removes his glasses and wipes his eyes before putting back on the glasses. "Welcome to our little investigation. Got any powers that can help us?"

Cuckoos #1
The three of you are walking around, when suddenly you are blindsided by what appears to be Esme's experience. She is in a gray concrete building. She is being restrained and mildly sedated. A man in a lab coat begins talking to her. It's hard to understand him, but you can make out some words. "How... Esme? Esme responds that she is well and doesn't need to be here. "Are you sure?" The voice is much clearer now. "Can you try what you did yesterday again?" Esme strains like she is using some power and then the vision cuts out.

Spellbinder #1
The lap of luxury. Wayne Enterprises has paid to put you up in a deluxe penthouse, in exchange for first dibs on your heists. The place has a beautiful view. At night you can see the Gotham skyline, while on a clear day you can look down on Blackgate Isle. Your admiration of the view is cut short by a job offer being e-mailed to you. It tells you that, in a warehouse on Loeb Street, there is a hard drive that Wayne will pay you the usual rate for retrieving.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-16, 03:34 PM
Starwind
HP: 1
Condition: :smallannoyed:

Gotham was a dark city, full of crime. Drugs, gang violence, corruption, rape, murder, even worse things. And then, in a league of their own, there were the Big Four. Everywhere Kara looked, she could see the touch of criminal activity reshaping the city in a place no man should live in. But they did. More than a little angry at the situation, she resisted the impulse to vent her frustration - mustn't warn the bad guys with the loud sound of property damage being caused. Kara could not understand why the people did not rise up against crime. Gotham was a city of millions; even if it had tens of thousands of criminals, if every non-criminal in the city rose against crime, picked up a baseball bat or other weapon and some creative anger and went up against the criminals they knew and their property, it would all be over in twenty minutes flat.
It was a measure of humanity's flawed nature, Kara mused. They could not protect themselves because they did not choose to. Thus they lost the right to decide for themselves when it was right to act and when not. And there was where Kara came in.

The blonde girl smiled. In the darkness and from more than a few feet of distance, few would see her as a danger for she was neither flying nor using obviously superhuman power. But that was about to change. She extended her senses, trying to see who or what was in the building before her and whether they warranted her... attention.

OOC: just tell me if she senses anyone inside with her full vision powers. Taking 10, she gets a perception of 20. The rest of the array is in Flight for now.

Jack Arken
2013-06-16, 04:15 PM
Ira smiled down at his phone, work again. Though this time it was the work he most enjoyed, another chance to show off his abilities. "Time to do a bit of research..." He sat down at his computer and searched online for what he could find out about the warehouse. Mostly he wanted to find out who worked there, and who owned the place.

A few hours later he was standing on the rooftop adjacent to the warehouse on Loeb street, watching for any security present outside. A security guard would be perfect for what he had in mind. He stretched his right hand idly then turned it palm up. His magical little device, his life's work. A device that fed images directly into the human brain, a perfect illusion of his choosing. The eye embedded in his glove blinked, and his gaze returned to the warehouse below again.

Untrained Investigation roll for info on the warehouse
1d20
1d20

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 04:18 PM
Starwind #1
Livewire herself is sitting and watching television. She seems to have 5 armed bodyguards in various parts of her house. They are alert, but none seem to notice you.
Spellbinder #1
Your investigation yields nothing. At the warehouse you see 3 security guards patrolling the area.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-16, 05:08 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smallamused:

Hired muscle. Kara disliked them almost as much as she did corrupt corporations. They were any corrupt organization's bought power - often the only way some such organizations could exert physical power at all. Crime lords, trafficking rings, the illegal operations Lexcorp and its ilk pulled off; all made use of that resource. The answer? Make that resource scarce and its price went up. Prices went up, all corrupt organizations could collectively afford less muscle and thus less crime happened. High-school economics perhaps - but it worked.

So Kara flew up to the suburban house's roof, grabbed firmly where one of the larger supports met the roof, and pulled, putting enough force into it to bring down the building. Loud, messy, terrifying, often crippling - but not immediately lethal; people survived collapsed buildings all the time and this one was both tiny (relatively speaking) and had Kara guiding the weight of the roof so as not to rest on the occupants in its entirety.

OOC:
Yeah, pull down the building with just enough force to collapse it, not pulverize. She grabs the building first to guide the collapse. Then, she can deal anywhere from 14 to 21 damage with maneuvers, and gets a critical against stationary objects so doing enough damage shouldn't be a problem.

greenpotato
2013-06-16, 05:28 PM
Daredevil

Broad daylight! What is this city becoming that they think they can get away with this. Daredevil uses her senses to look through the boxes and beyond scanning the surrounding area and buildings for any additional thugs.

[roll0] Perception check

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 06:21 PM
Daredevil #1
The boxes are full of various Columbian drugs. You spot no more goons on the pier, but with your full senses you see a figure with long hair and tights inside of the ship.
Starwind #1
The goons are generally crushed. They won't be moving any time soon. Livewire, however, blocks the debris with some kind of electrical aura.
EDIT: Roll for initiative.

greenpotato
2013-06-16, 06:41 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil steps out from behind the crates and rushes towards the thugs with her mace.

if she can get to one in a single move then [roll0] to hit 13 damage at him

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 07:22 PM
[Daredevil #1]
You wollop (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4090903/) the thug rendering him dazed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4090906/). The other seven draw and shoot. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4090919/) Roll me parry verses each one that has a chance of hitting you. If any hit roll toughness.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-16, 07:28 PM
Deathstroke

That's quite a large sum. Perhaps this will be dangerous.
As Deathstroke looked over the city from atop a building, he listened to the sounds coming from his home. Yearbook. I know I've heard that somewhere.

I would like to use well-informed to make an instant investigation for both Yearbook and the Medical building I'm supposed to be bombing.

Yearbook, then Medical (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4090929/)

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 07:52 PM
[Deathstroke #1]
Yearbook is a very popular restaurant known for its spicy fried chicken and Thai iced tea. The medical building is one of the world's leading medical research centers. It is owned by Wayne, and likely has some sinister research, but nothing that's been proven.

[Rogue #1]
As you walk down the street, A woman in sweat pants and a jacket walks up to you. "Anna-Marie?" She asks in a Oxford accent.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-16, 08:10 PM
Rogue

"Who wants to know?" the girl responds, pulling her coat tightly around her body. Her gaze looked over the woman slowly, her expression bored already. Though her name wasn't exactly a mystery, a stranger knowing it off-hand was slightly worrisome.

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 08:23 PM
[Rogue #1]
((Get a hero point for complications))
"Oh sorry, I forgot my manners again, I'm Angelica Hawkins" She smiles and does not outstretch a hand to shake. "How would you like to come to dinner with me and my associates." Her words sound vaguely threatening. Make me a will save.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-16, 08:32 PM
Rogue

"And who are these associates that you are talking about?" Rogue asks, quirking an eyebrow at the woman and making the conscious effort to stop herself from frowning out of politeness.

Roll: 9+9=18/ Link (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091079/)

Jack Arken
2013-06-16, 08:35 PM
Perfect. To anyone watching he would suddenly disappear as he climbed down the fire escape to descend into the alley between warehouses. Silently he would approach the nearest guard or guards. When he was close enough he became visible again, his hand held up to the surprised guards. The eye in his palm flashed, like a camera and he was gone again.

-What they perceive-

They hear the warehouse door open and slam shut. And if its within visible range they see the back of a child as he runs through the door, the door closing behind him.

Activated Fold Vibrations and then used permanent figment on the guard or guards he flashes.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-16, 08:41 PM
Deathstroke

Odd that they'd use that kind of place to hand off a bomb. A quick jump off the building he was standing on, a quick shot with a grapple gun, and he was off to Yearbook. He decided to come around the back and check the place for traps before anything else.

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 08:49 PM
[Rogue #1]
Angelica grins at you. "Well?" What does rogue fear the most EDIT:What does Rogue fear the most right now?
[Spellbinder #1]
The guards unlock the door before running into the building shouting at the kid.
Deathstroke #1
Make me a perception check for traps.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-16, 08:58 PM
Perception (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091117/)

AutumnLotus
2013-06-16, 09:00 PM
OoC:
Rogue has a fear of losing the ones she loves by losing control of her power, and as a more general example is afraid of being alone in this world without anyone to know she exists

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 09:03 PM
[Deathstroke #1]
You see no traps. The back door opens into the kitchen instead of the restaurant.
[Rogue #1]
Angelica just smiles and waits for a response.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-16, 09:07 PM
Rogue

"Fine fine...I have some time to kill anyways.." Rogue states with a grumble, sliding her hands into her coat pockets. "I will follow you".

Batpope Scott
2013-06-16, 09:16 PM
Deathstroke

While it doesn't seem like a trap from the back, perhaps it was waiting for him in front. For now, Deathstroke climbs to the top of the building to inspect any skylights or vents.

Jack Arken
2013-06-16, 09:30 PM
Spellbinder simply slips in after the guards as they open the door for him. He lets them chase the imaginary child around the warehouse. The kid giggling and not answering them as he hid where he would. Giving spellbinder the time he needed to find where the computers or hard drives were and whether they were alarmed.

Taking ten on Perception and technology
5+10=15
10+10=20

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 09:39 PM
[Deathstroke #1]
There is a vent and a skylight.
[Spellbinder #1]
There is no computer in the base. There is, however, a chained up cellar door on the ground. The guards continue to run after the kid.

Jack Arken
2013-06-16, 09:44 PM
Spellbinder sighed, why do they have to be so difficult with these sort of things? He walked over near the cellar door, and the illusionary child ran over. He stood between the cellar door and the security officers, when they were close enough they would see the boy's features changing. His mouth elongating with sharp teeth protruding from the gums, and his fingers lengthening into talons. The child's appearance was quite frightening, and the monstrous child leapt at the guards. Spellbinder hoping that they would pull their guns and shoot the chains off in their bid to take down the charging beast.

lord pringle
2013-06-16, 09:55 PM
[Spellbinder #1]
The guards decide that they aren't getting paid enough for this and run for the door.

[Rogue #1]
"Awesome." She signals a cab. "Where do you want to eat?"

Jack Arken
2013-06-16, 10:29 PM
Spellbinder rests his face in his palm. "Can't ever find good help these days." He looks up at the running guards and changes his illusion.

-What they perceive-

The guards would hear a hissing sound, and a rattle, when they looked down they would find a snake coiled around their waists. It hisses and opened its mouth, fangs unfolding. Their belt and holsters had somehow vanished. One of the snakes bit into the guard's love handle. He could feel the venom coursing through his veins.

greenpotato
2013-06-16, 10:35 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil tries to quickly avoid the incoming shots:
[roll0] parry, [roll1] toughness
[roll2] parry, [roll3] toughness
[roll4] parry, [roll5] toughness
and retaliate with another swing of her mace; [roll6] to hit, 13 damage

Batpope Scott
2013-06-16, 10:38 PM
Deathstroke

Perhaps I'm over-thinking things. Let's try my luck and see how this works out. Deathstroke decides to do something simple. Deathstroke jumps down from the side of the building and walks to the front of the building before walking in. This isn't my style, but I don't want to waste time. I can quell a commotion fairly easily.

lord pringle
2013-06-17, 12:12 AM
[Spellbinder #1]
"Frank! The @#*! is happening!" One guard shouts to the bitten guard. He responds with screaming.
[Daredevil #1]
You move and dodge out of the way of bullets. You then smack your mace into the thug who is brained (invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091475/) and knocked out. Three of the other thugs take off, while three shoot (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091517/) again while one goes inside the ship.
[Deathstroke #1]
Are you wearing your armor?
If you are, some of the civilians gawk at you while others just eat their chicken.

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 12:55 AM
Daredevil

Daredevil again tries to avoid their attacks
[roll0] parry [roll1] toughness
[roll2] parry [roll3] toughness
[roll4] parry [roll5] toughness
Before clubbing yet another
[roll6] to hit 13 damage
and yelling out to the remaining: "Drop your weapons scum!"
She quickly glances at the one that went into the ship, trying to follow his progress and see what he's doing. Is he getting that other one to come help?

Jack Arken
2013-06-17, 01:14 AM
This was getting annoying, he walked up to the screaming guard and took his gun from it's holster. He would then proceed to the chained up door, grab one of the links and press the barrel of the gun to it. He fired.

Sleight of hand to steal the pistol, maybe with a circumstance bonus?

Sleight of hand (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091539/)

Attack with Light Pistol (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091535/) against a defenseless object.

If that doesn't break it he fires again the next round.

Light Pistol attack 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091537/)

AutumnLotus
2013-06-17, 01:34 AM
Rogue

"Well..." Rogue hesitates, honestly assuming they were going to be going to a residence of some kind. She found this whole scenerio needlessly complicated. If they had a grudge against her they wouldn't just walk up to her, and if they needed her for something she was always contacted by a third party. Is that what this was? Rogue doubted it. "Theres that bistro down the road a ways...I think its called 'Marbles' or something?" She half-asked, waiting for a cab to pull up before getting into the back seat with the woman.

lord pringle
2013-06-17, 01:35 AM
[Daredevil #1]
Yeah, there is no way that guy isn't getting hit. He is also staggered (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4091541/). The other goons drop their guns and take off running. The man you hit begins limping off. The thug who went inside begins talking to the other person and they begin moving towards you.
[Spellbinder #1]
There's very little need for any of this, the guards aren't doing much so you can take your time. You safely unlock the cellar.
[Rogue #1]
"Marbles it is." She tells the cab driver to take you there. "My etiquette teacher would be spinning in the grave, if she knew I'd forgotten to ask how you are doing?"

AutumnLotus
2013-06-17, 01:49 AM
Rogue

"I'm alright, could be better but who couldn't y'know?" Rogue said with a shrug, stroking a strand of her hair back into place. "And yourself"?

Batpope Scott
2013-06-17, 02:11 AM
Deathstroke, in full armor, is standing in the restaurant. At first he's amazed that nobody has stopped him, but then he's even more amazed that some aren't even batting an eye. The city must be getting to them.

Walking up to whoever seems like the guy that seats customers, Deathstroke asks him "Is the wait long? I've got Smalltime.. er, a small amount of time. Been a long day." Hopefully that was obvious enough and he was talking to the right man.

The people gawking are making me nervous. Slade's thoughts keep slipping back to how conspicuous this is. With so many costumed loons in the city, half of them are likely to have some vendetta against vigilantes. I need to be careful.

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 02:49 AM
Daredevil

Daredevil grabs up the dropped weapons and moves into a position to ambush whoever comes off of the boat. Well, lets see how tough this backup is.

OOC
btw, as you advertised this game as 'dark but not bleak' I'm not expecting all of daredevils foes to survive her damage 13 mace. According to the rules her mace is more deadly than a battle tanks cannon so... *crunch*?

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-17, 02:55 AM
Starwind

Satisfied that the hired help was trapped, very uncomfortable but not dead, Kara turns to the cars they'd used to get here. Stolen or otherwise, cars were a resource too. Were they bought, they'd cost a pretty penny to Lexcorp's thugs. Were they a bonus from their boss, they'd cost prestige. Were they stolen, they'd cost effort and time and a small chance the police nailed the thief. So Kara smiled and her eyes flashed the brighter-than-the-sun glow of nuclear fire. Moments later, the cars were so much molten slag.

And that completed the message; work for corrupt companies and chances were you'd one day get seriously maybe permanently hurt, get saddled with a ton of medical builds, and have to find new wheels; expenses might outweigh any profits so you better ask for a lot more money per job - or stop working for them altogether.
And if you were the corrupt company in question? How many buildings and cars could you lose, how many of your hirelings would get hurt, before your insurance costs skyrocketed and your stock values plummeted?

Kara then waited for Livewire to come out to meet her. The real fight was about to begin and Luthor's thug couldn't retreat now, if only to save face.

OOC:
42 points go to 9 ranks of her Eyebeams with all extras, 2 points to a single rank of flight and 6 points for her sight to retain "Penetrates Concealment" and "Extended 1".
She's power-attacking with her Eyebeams for full, dealing damage rank 14 - the same as heavy artillery. Multiattack means she could still hit up to 9 targets at once, provided they're immobile so she doesn't need to roll for it.

darkninja0200
2013-06-17, 05:02 AM
IMPULSE

Iris had been taking in every detail of the layout as she was led upstairs, god awfully slow, sure it was a brisk pace, but that was for people without superspeed. When she was in costume, much like she was now, she really had no reason to be slow. She made it into the apartment, being allowed as the police checkpoint due to the S.H.I.E.L.D. badge affixed to her modified costume.

Stepping out of the elevator she was met with a grim scene. Despite the man's criminal status, he didn't deserve what had happened. A first look told her that there was indeed a struggle here. Flipped furniture, broken glass, and the bat symbol drawn on the wall. Anyone who kept up with recent events would know of this symbol. It wasn't until one of the detective's on scene introduced himself that she realized she was alone.

Offering the man her hand and a winning smile she replied "I'm Impulse, fastest girl alive. I understand you're having bat problems here" She used her free hand to point her thumb at the symbol. In response to Commissioner Gordon's question she replied "Well I'm super fast and have an amazing attention to detail most of the time. I could have a donut and coffee to you in several seconds" Having made that rather bad joke she quickly changed her tone to a more serious one "But if you'd like I can do a quick run around the area and see if I find any clues? But before I do what do you guys know about this murderer and the victim?"

Jack Arken
2013-06-17, 10:37 AM
Pulling the door closed, Spellbinder made his way down the steps to the lower level. Gun in hand and invisible to cameras or anyone who might be down here. He was expecting more security, or else some sort of trap.

Activating Concealment 8

lord pringle
2013-06-17, 12:09 PM
[Rogue #1]
"Oh. I'm lovely." She's still grinning and not quite making eye contact. "Have you ever considered how your powers could further science?"
[Deathstroke #1]
At the mention of smalltime the maitre d begins fumbling for a package under the podium. As he does that someone in a costume (http://images.wikia.com/fantendo/images/7/76/Deadpool_FB_Artwork_1.jpg) leaps over a table shouting, "Not so fast, villain!" Roll for initiative.
[Daredevil #1]
The one you incapacitated is definitely dead, but they had good enough toughness rolls that the others are alive but wounded. The backup begins flying out of the ship. "WHO DARES TO STOP SNOWFLAME'S GLORIOUS DRUG SHIPMENT?!" He bellows.
[Starwind #1]
There are no more cars. Livewire flys up to you by shooting lightning from her palms. "You'll pay for this!" she fires a stream of lightning at you and misses. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092129/)
[Impulse #1]
The commissioner smiles weakly at your joke. "Well, all we know about The Batman is what's been already said on the news. But Massacre was a psychopath with some sort of super knife. We think Batman took the knife with him. The woman he was trying to kill is at the hospital if you wish to visit her.
[Spellbinder #1]
The room is empty except for 3 statues and a computer with a large monitor. No wait, two statues.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-17, 12:42 PM
Starwind

No, I won't. the flying blonde quips And I couldn't even afford it if I wanted to, so you can't make me either.
And with that she flies at Livewire, trying to land a hit with just a bit more care than normal; she hasn't fought with the villainess before and she's testing the waters (so to speak).

OOC:
Accurate attack, favored environment bonus. Attack total 19, damage 14 (DC 29)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092255/

Batpope Scott
2013-06-17, 12:49 PM
Deathstroke spins to face his attacker, certain that he's going to be more of a challenge than some thug.

Initiative
Initiative roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092271/)

lord pringle
2013-06-17, 12:56 PM
[Starwind #1]
Your punch misses. Livewire fires another lightning blast. This one bolts (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092279/) into you. DC 27 Toughness save. She laughs at you.
[Deathstroke #1]
You go first (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092300/).

Batpope Scott
2013-06-17, 01:19 PM
Moving over to his opponent and drawing his staff, he plans gives an electric shock to the would-be hero with a good swipe across the shoulder.

OoC
Attacking with my staff (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092327/), Damage 10(Toughness DC 25), Affliction DC 18 Fortitude against Daze/Stun/Incapacitate from pain.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-17, 01:22 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smallmad:, 1 bruise

The bolt of lightning hits the blonde girl squarely at point-blank range and she gasps. Hey! she shouts That actually stung!
Deciding not to fool around any longer, she puts all her effort into landing a good hit against the lightning-wielding madwoman before her. And to check her enemy's mobility and limit her options, she then uses her speed to fly one mile straight up.

OOC:
Toughness check of 22 means 1 bruise.
Rearrange points for 14 into senses (penetrate/negate concealment and extended 4) and the rest into flight. Then an all-out, accurate attack against Livewire for Damage 14 (dc 29), attack roll of 26. This leaves her defense temporarily reduced by -5 but she flies up 1 mile to (hopefully) get out of range and see how/if Livewire can answer to her mobility.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092308/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092312/

Jack Arken
2013-06-17, 01:41 PM
Spellbinder stops at the foot of one of the statues. How odd, with the sparse surrounding's these gaudy things were out of place. Well, as long as he didn't trip any alarms he was sure they wouldn't give him trouble. He made his way towards the computer, careful for pressure or laser traps. When he made it to the computer he would find a way to open it up and grab its hard drive inside. Careful not to damage it.

Perception 10+7=17
Technology 10+16=26

darkninja0200
2013-06-17, 01:52 PM
IMPULSE

There were two hospitals in Gotham, and she was sure the patient wouldn't be in Arkham, because that likely would have been mentioned right away. "Thank you commisioner I'll see what I can find there" She calls out to one of the SHIELD Agents "Hey smith I'll be at the Hospital" And with a small but noticeable gust of wind, she had disappeared, leaving the door open. In a matter of seconds she was at the hospital, and in the front desk, leaving the front door spinning.

She smiled to the receptionist "I'm Impulse, and I'm here on S.H.I.E.L.D. Business, I'm investigating a murder and I need to see the woman who was recently attacked, by one called Massacre, I believe she may know something concerning the investigation" Than it struck her. she didn't know the Woman's name. It seemed her Rookie was showing, and she kicked herself for that.

Free: 30 points into super speed = 15 points Speed+15 points perception

AutumnLotus
2013-06-17, 02:20 PM
Rogue

'Oh goody, here we go..'Rogue thought to herself, stifling a sigh as she looked at the woman analytically.Come to think of it.. has seen this woman before? Rummaging through the memories both hers and not, the girl honestly felt like she was forgetting some important detail.

"Not really, most of the time I am just worried about killing people on the street with a misplaced hand.."

OOC:
Rolling for Investigation to see if Rogue knows her. If Eidetic Memory kicks in then it gets a +5 bonus. Also Rolling for Insight to see if she seems trustworthy.

Investigation- 11+9=20 Here (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092415/)
Insight- 9+11=20 Here (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4092422/)

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 05:19 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil remains behind cover. If this guy can fly there's no way I can fight him.

lord pringle
2013-06-18, 12:54 PM
[Deathstroke #1]
He ducks out of the way of your staff. "That shot was so bad that if my grandfather was alive and here today, he'd say 'Help! Help! Let me out of this coffin!'" He swings his katannas at you. One hits you (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093841/) for a DC 24 Toughness save.
[Starwind #1]
You smack right into her leaving her at a -1 toughness (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093880/) "Goddammit! Get your ass back here!" She shouts at you before flying after you. She's only half as fast as you so you easily ascend.
[Impulse #1]
She looks at you incredulously, but then sees your badge and tells you the room number of Ms. Selena Kyle.
[Rogue #1]
You've probably drained someone who's worked for Luthor before, so you know about her. She works for Luthor and is a metahuman. You aren't sure what her power is, but she looks at people and they wet themselves with fright.
As far as intentions go, it seems She genuinely wants to aid science. You aren't sure if she's trustworthy in any other regard, though.
[Spellbinder #1]
You get to the computer and look behind you. HOLY ****, THERE'S THE THIRD STATUE!
[Daredevil #1]
Snowflame doesn't seem to see you. He floats around complaining loudly about how hard it is to find good help. He then goes up to the dead body and ignites it.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-18, 01:46 PM
Deathstroke lets out a gasp as he is caught by a sword.That hurt.

Toughness roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093910/). Failed by 5, so I'm dazed and only able to take a Standard action or Free actions this turn.

The horrible attempt at humor flies overhead as he falls into a defensive stance. Let's see how much of a hotshot he is when he's missing a weapon.

Standard Action Defend. Defense Roll for Parry when he attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093927/) If I successfully parry, using Weapon Break and Weapon Bind (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093948/) if weapon break fails. If using both isn't okay, then disregard the second roll. If the first roll hits, DC 25 Fort save for his sword. If the second one is used, it's his strength versus my Damage 10.

Slade asked a simple question, trying to see if his opponent needed to be dealt with immediately. "Are you working for someone on this or just doing your 'civic duty'?"

While the fight goes on, he decides that he should think if he knows this guy. Someone this nuts has to draw attention.
Investigation roll for Well Informed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093928/)

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-18, 02:11 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smallamused:, 1 bruise

Hey! Kara shouts back at the villainess My ass is way cuter than yours, you middle-aged excuse of a power outlet. Maybe your boss should make those radiation experiments of his into alternatives for plastic surgery. You should totally volunteer if he does!
With that, her eyes flash blinding-white, eyebeams striking out at Livewire.

OOC:
Keep a single rank of flying, put 42 points into the full eyebeams and retain 6 points for enough super-vision to see Livewire (and thus hit her). Attack roll of 24, multiattack damage 9 (dc 24 toughness). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093970/

darkninja0200
2013-06-18, 02:58 PM
Iris nodded at the stunned woman, still holding that signature smile. She was told the room number, and the name of the woman. That name was nagging at her head, as if she had heard it somewhere before.

Okay so I have no specific skill for this, so let's hope my intellect skill helps me just enough here. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094050/

She stopped in front of the door, getting looks from one of the nurses that was nearby, and the officers at the door. She showed the officers her badge who promptly waved her through. She knocked, waiting a few seconds before coming in, she waited until she was cleared to come further into the room, not knowing if she were dressed or not. "If you like I can come back later, but whatever you can tell us about this man that tried to kill you, the sooner we can bring him in" She spoke a little fast, but not so fast as it would be too hard to understand.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-18, 05:03 PM
Rogue

Rogue frowned slightly, recollection of this woman not exactly bringing relief to her. Sighing, she looked out the side of the taxi's window.

"On second thought.. I'm not in the mood for Marble's" The girl mumbled out, showing an obvious display of weakness as her back hunched foreword.

Deception (Feinting) to get her guard down: 20+16-36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094178/)
Attack to Damage+ Drain: 16+13=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094181/)

greenpotato
2013-06-18, 06:35 PM
Daredevil

While Snowflame is distracted by igniting the corpse Daredevil attempts to sneak onto the ship. [roll0] stealth

Jack Arken
2013-06-18, 09:22 PM
That... isn't normal. Spellbinder slowly backed away from the statue, keeping his eyes on it lest it surprise him again. His left hand flitted back to find the keyboard on the computer and key it on.

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 01:05 AM
[Deathstroke #1]
He misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094173) you. You disarm him. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094701/) "Hey! You stole my ninja sword! It was folded 1000 times! He swings his other katana at you and hits (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094798/) you. DC 24 toughness save.
[Impulse #1]
The name is unfamiliar.
Mrs. Kyle looks at you with a dead stare. "I didn't see much of him under that mask, that awful awful mask. He just came up to me with that knife and the next thing I know I was being tied up. Then, I heard The Batman's voice and it sounded like many voices. I think he had one of those voice changer things. There was a fight and The batman left and I just screamed until the cops arrived." By now, she's crying.
[Starwind #1]
You zap Livewire. She is incapacitated (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094810/) (note: that should be 1 lower. I messed up numbers.) She plummets to the ground before hitting it with a crunch.
[Daredevil #1]
Snowflame doesn't seem to notice you as you get onto the ship. The ship has few more containers of drugs on it, but not much else.
[Rogue #1]
Yeah, Angelica is not going to beat that feint any time soon. And with the vulnerableness she isn't dodging. And with this (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094826/) save, she's rendered stunned. When the cab driver sees this, he pulls a gun and stops the cab. "Don't think I won't do it, lady!" He shouts.
[Spellbinder #1]
Make me another perception check.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-19, 01:27 AM
Rogue

Rogue instantly grabs for the man's gun wielding hand, attempting to break the weapon free from his grip and hopefully removing him as a threat. Whether that be him running or in a coma, either works for her.

Disarming the Cab driver+ Draining him: 13+11=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094849/)

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 01:54 AM
[Rogue #1
Once again, you can't not disarm him. He's disabled and doesn't move.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-19, 02:10 AM
Rogue

'Good enough, for now' Rogue thought to herself, Grabbing ahold of the woman beside her and proceeding to Rip out any useful tidbits of information from her mind as she is drained dry.

Autosuccess on helpless character, unless I'm missing something, so I start a grab, begin the hold, and use both my Draining powers as well as Mind Reading.

Rogue wants to know everything she can get from the woman, especially about this contact and what was intended for her. If this causes her to become Powerless, fine by her. After this is finished she begins her Chokehold, and lets her die of suffocation.

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 02:15 AM
Daredevil

Daredevil uses her sight to move quietly about the ship finding a point well below the water line that she can get in and out of quickly. She moves there avoiding any other people on board and smashes the side of the hull with her mace until she makes a big enough hole to sink the ship.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-19, 02:32 AM
Another sword wound, less severe this time. This fight has to end.

Toughness roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094882/)

Lashing out with his staff again, Deathstroke puts the extra effort into lashing out with a fist as well, hopefully to easily grab this man. He has to drop the katana to make the attack, but that sword isn't worth much anyway."I'm going to put you down." His voice is little more than a whisper, but this guy's starting to irritate him.

Staff, then punch/grab (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094902/). Staff damage DC25, Affliction fort DC18 again. Unarmed is damage DC23 and the roll counts as a grab which is an extra resistance check against his dodge or strength of the same DC. If he's grabbed, I begin suffocating him with chokehold. I am, of course, fatigued after this round.

darkninja0200
2013-06-19, 03:55 AM
Impulse

She didn't know exactly what to make of this. This Batman seemed to be a good guy, but evidence she had seen thus far has shown him to have a not so squeamish gut toward blood. Perhaps there was more to this, maybe she wasn't getting the full picture. She needed to know more though about the things going on, specifically the knife that had been mentioned at the crime scene earlier. She took an attempt at trying to calm Selina down. "Please Miss Kyle take a deep breath and calm yourself, I need to know more in detail about what happened, specifically about the ones involved in the fight, and this knife you saw"

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-19, 04:05 AM
Starwind

Kara smiles then takes a moment to bask in the sun, clearing away the minor bruises of the fight. She then flies down, grabs Livewire -losing her won't do- and proceeds to free the hired thugs from the ruins of the house just enough for them to not get crushed until help arrives but not enough for them to flee. She then looks down at the unconscious Livewire.
What am I going to do about you? Luthor will have you out of prison in hours, even if the so-called justice system locks you up - which they won't. But I have an idea.
Kara grabs Livewire again, removes any devices she might have on her, then flies up with her, faster and faster. In moments, the heroine and the villainess are miles beyond the coast of Quebec, Canada, over the open ocean.
You are going to love this place! I saw it in one of the Transformers movies! Kara says conversationally (and futilely) to the unconscious Livewire. And we shall see how much it'll cost Luthor to get you out of this one.
The two of them plunge into the waters, the ocean parting to form a hole five feet in diameter and so long that its other side is lost in the darkness as soon as Kara touches the waters. She goes on to slowly float down the four miles to the bottom of the Laurentian Abyss, focusing most of her power on her tactile gravitics to hold back the weight of the ocean. As soon as the two of them do touch bottom, Kara pushes outwards with all her might, creating a gravitic bubble the size of a five-story building in the perfect darkness of the lightless depths. And then she deposits Livewire there while she floats up and destroys the tunnel she made that gave them access.

And then she waits in the dark for Livewire to wake up.

OOC:
The bubble prison Kara put Livewire in is in the Laurentian Abyss, four-five miles deep - Kara could see where the sea is deepest thanks to her vision. The bubble is the size of an apartment building, probably containing enough air for several months. It is permeable to Kara so she can come and go and it is permanent. It has a defense of 0 (it's a building) and a toughness of 22 (capped by PL). Livewire could probably destroy the bubble in under a minute - if she were willing to be crushed by a pressure of 3 tons per square inch or suffocate four miles from sources of breathable air.

Jack Arken
2013-06-19, 07:47 AM
Readying himself to move quickly Spellbinder gives the Statue another quick lookover.

Perception (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095082/) + 7=24

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 01:35 PM
[Starwind #1]
"Wh-where am I?" She says groggily. She then notices the pure darkness she's in and begins freaking out. "Let me out. Let me out! LET ME OUT!" She then fires a bolt of lightning into the air just to get some light. She tries to move, but she has many broken bones, so she just screams.
[Impulse #1]
"I didn't see much of what happened. They tied me up with my head to my bed so I couldn't see a damn thing. I heard a fight then I saw the knife clatter to the ground then someone in black gauntlets picking it up and he said to me, 'You are safe' in that god awful voice and then he left."
[Deathstroke #1]
You smack him with your staff for a -1 toughness (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095444/). He is unaffected (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095447/) by the staff though. Your punch connects with his face yet the blow doesn't do anything. However, you do grab (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095450/) him. He gurgles angrily but lets you choke him.
[Spellbinder #1]
The statue is readjusting its features into various faces.
[Daredevil #1]
The ship now has a hole in it. Water begins to rush in.
[Rogue #1]
She was hired by Luthor to recruit you so they could test your powers. This contact was just a friendly sales pitch. As far as her powers go, she has the ability to show people their wildest fear.

Jack Arken
2013-06-19, 01:42 PM
That was even more weird, but still it hadn't attacked him. He figured it was a sentry of some sort but perhaps it couldn't see him clearly. Regardless he doubted the gun would do him much good against it. He tossed the weapon to the farthest corner of the room and turned to the computer. He needed to get this done fast.

Using the previous tech roll to either pull the hard drive from the computer or download its contents onto a portable drive. Whichever is fastest.

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 01:59 PM
[Spellbinder #1]
Just removing the hard drive would be faster. Wait, one of the two statues that weren't moving is gone.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-19, 03:32 PM
Rogue

Rogue ponders this information for just a moment, the thought of her possible innocence passing through her mind. But then she remembered who she worked for, and then those thoughts vanished.

"Guess this is a message to your boss, huh?" the girl muttered, choking the woman roughly as her powers were absorbed into the others body. "Don't mess with Rogue, or you end up dead". After her powers are comepletely drained Rogue snaps her neck, and proceeds to jump out of the taxi. Moving into any nearby crowds of people, she makes her way down the street away from the mess.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-19, 04:25 PM
Starwind

We're four miles beneath the surface of the ocean. Kara says from the darkness. Break the roof, and enough water pressure to crush a tank like a can of beer will kill you.
She sighs before going on.
I am not Batman; you won't die here except by your hand. Tell me what you know of Lexcorp business, give me some information I can use against him and I'll get you out. Don't, and I'll bring you enough food and water to last six months' confinement here. I'll still release you but believe me; six months of doing nothing, all alone in the dark will not be pleasant.

darkninja0200
2013-06-19, 04:45 PM
Impulse

It seemed Selina had seen nothing. She sighed and zipped away for a second coming back with a small slip of paper and a few numbers on it. "Sorry to trouble you." She handed her the number "If you happen to think of anything else, dial in the number and clearance number, ask for intelligence and use Agent Impulse as the clearance name" She had that written down on the paper along with the numbers. She nods to Selina, walking out of the room.

She could probably glean something from the security tapes if there were any, making her way back tot he front desk, she saw the receptionist again. Again she was a fast talker "Hey do you know where the security desk or room is?"

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 05:17 PM
[Starwind #1]
Livewire is hyperventilating and screaming and incoherently saying things about Luthor. It's fairly obvious that she is terrified of the darkness.
[Rogue #1]
Where are you going?
[Impulse #1]
Wait, you're asking the hospital receptionist for the apartment's security tapes?

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-19, 05:46 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smallmad:

Kara had wounded enemies before. She'd certainly scared them. But she had not used terror as a tool to extract information before and now that she'd done so, it had left a bad taste in her mouth. After a short time, she lights the underwater dome with her eyebeams, using enough energy to produce some ambient light but not enough to actually cause damage.
Calm down. she says, though in not as hard a tone as before. And speak clearly.

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 06:08 PM
[Starwind #1]
"If I narc on Luthor, will you take me to a damn hospital? And get me out of this ****ing awful place?" She seems much less freaked out, but still not happy.
[Impulse #1]
She shows you to hospital security.

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 06:12 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil uses her sight to move back off of the ship avoiding coming into contact with anyone. She tries to get off the sinking ship and back onto the docks. Well, no one is going to use that boat to traffic drugs anymore

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 06:40 PM
[Daredevil #1]
You get off the boat safely. As the boat begins to sink Snowflame shouts, "NOOOO SNOWFLAME'S BEAUTIFUL BOAT!.

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 06:58 PM
Daredevil

She finds another hiding spot and watches Snowflame with her super senses to see what he does next, following him if he leaves the docks.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-19, 07:06 PM
Rogue

Rogue will be going somewhere that would have more information about the Big Four, probably a political building if nothing else

darkninja0200
2013-06-19, 07:17 PM
Thanking the receptionist for her guidance, her attention is soon turned to the security officer. "Impulse, I'm with S.H.I.E.L.D." the badge affixed to the left of her costume slightly above the breast line evidence of such "I'm conducting an investigation, and need to see security tapes from last night to now." With what she was able to get from Selina, it seemed Batman wasn't all bad, but his methods were rather extreme as far as problem solving went. She needed more info before she would go back to Commissioner Gordon.

and a rather sucky investigation roll for viewing the tapes, however her Superspeed is still at 15 if that helps any, you know to help with attention to detail o3ohttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095822/

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-19, 07:24 PM
Starwind

As long as the information is useful. Kara says dubiously. And I don't find you working for Luthor anytime soon.
The young blonde shrugs
This might be an opportunity to rethink your life. You could start fighting against Luthor instead of working for him, you know. He's one of the richest targets and if a portion of his assets inexplicably finds its way into your hands while you stop his villainous deeds, well, he asked for it.

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 07:40 PM
[Daredevil #1]
Snowflame does some crack and then gathers his gang back.
[Rogue #1]
Where exactly?
[Impulse #1]
The hospital security tapes reveal a whole lot of nothing. Selina Kyle was brought here with no wounds, it was just police procedure.
[Starwind #1]
"Lex just wanted me to watch the weapon under the house. He also told me that he wants to meet you. That's all I know and all it's the only job I've taken in months. I'll go clean if you just let me go, I promise!" she is talking very quickly.

darkninja0200
2013-06-19, 08:23 PM
Impulse

Impulse nods at her lack of findings,thanking the man. Perhaps her answer lied closer to the apartment, where Selina lived. She gave the security officer a Thank you and made her way back to the apartment complex. She stopped in front of the apartment manager's door, giving a few rapid knocks, unintentionally making it sound like one loud knock.

lord pringle
2013-06-19, 08:49 PM
[Impulse #1]
The apartment manager opens the door when she sees your badge. "Yes?" She asks.

darkninja0200
2013-06-19, 09:00 PM
Impulse

Impulse smiles "I'm Impulse, I'm with S.H.I.E.L.D. conducting an investigation on the murder and near murder that, I'm sure you're aware, happened within your apartment complex. If possible I would like to see security tapes starting from last night to now?"

A better roll than last time for investigating the tapes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095921/

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 09:03 PM
Daredevil

Continues waiting and watching

Jack Arken
2013-06-19, 09:42 PM
Spellbinder ignores the statues, best not to waste time with something you can't change. He pulls the Hardrive from the computer and tucks it under his arm. He tries to make his way slowly and quietly over to the exit.

AutumnLotus
2013-06-20, 12:29 AM
Rogue

Well where was the woman supposed to meet up with her contact/boss/etc?

Batpope Scott
2013-06-20, 02:23 AM
His regeneration kicking in, Deathstroke is relieved that the fight is starting to go in his favor. He keeps his hold and gives another swipe with his staff at his immobilized opponent.

Holding the grab as a free action, attacking (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4096147/) with the staff as a standard. DC 25 again with the affliction 18. When trying to escape, he's at a -5 due to improved hold.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-20, 03:59 AM
Starwind

Very well. the young blonde says. Let's get you to a hospital. But if the information is inaccurate, you'll have to deal with my... displeasure.
The entire prison-bubble then shakes free of the ocean's bottom, rising upwards with mounting speed. The world turns from an endless dark into a deep blue, then cyan and then the bubble bursts through the surface to reveal both Kara and Livewire standing on thin air, with no walls or floor around them - nothing but the force of gravity holding them and giving the feel of solidity but not the reality. The sun has just descended below the horizon and the twilight finds them back in Metropolis searching for a hospital.

Mere seconds after that, Kara has left Livewire behind and has returned to the collapsed building to check those claims about a weapon. Only about ten minutes passed since their fight begun but Starwind was not about to leave anything to chance.

lord pringle
2013-06-20, 01:42 PM
[Impulse #1]
The cameras only show the hallways. You see Massacre, a brutish giant in a white mask enter Mrs. Kyle's apartment. Then you see The batman starting to enter and then the camera goes dead.
[Daredevil #1]
They begin hauling the crates out into a truck.
[Spellbinder#1
On the way out, you step into something. It's some sort of rubbery adhesive mud.
[Rogue #1]
She was to call from the restaurant. If she couldn't convince you they'd meet back at the Lexcorp Gotham division.
[Deathstroke #1]
You smack him in the head with your staff. He is at another minus 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4096732/). He is not affected by the affliction. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4096734/) Deadpool isn't really struggling.
[Starwind #1]
Livewire gets into a well lit hospital room and huddles near the light. At the ruins of the house there isn't much, but there is a cellar.

Jack Arken
2013-06-20, 01:50 PM
Glancing down at the adhesive mud that seems to have encapsulated his foot. Spellbinder reaches down and pulls his foot from his boot, with some struggling. He then looks to see if he can spot anymore patches of this adhesive on the floor.

Perception 10+7=17

darkninja0200
2013-06-20, 02:05 PM
Impulse

She gets a glimpse of both Batman and this white masked giant. She thought for a moment. <Well I'm at a loss, nothing about this knife in the video, but Gordon and Selina both say it was there, and there was a reason Miss Kyle was targeted, or not.> She thanked the manager for her cooperation and looked back at the tape to just before it cutoff, looking right at Batman, and rewinding it to massacre, looking them both over extensively to see if she may have missed anything about each of them.

(I dunno what it is with me and mediocre rolls for this game, but seriously XD. Perception Roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4096783/)

Batpope Scott
2013-06-20, 02:24 PM
Deathstroke lets his attacker go. He's probably unconscious.

He goes to where the store employee was going to give him the bomb, sure that his attacker isn't much of a concern.

lord pringle
2013-06-20, 02:50 PM
[Deathstroke #1]
The employee, now scared out of his mind, hands you a package.
[Impulse #1]
There is a large knife tucked into Massacre's boot.
Spellbinder #1
There is a large puddle of it where you are standing and a fair amount near each statue.

darkninja0200
2013-06-20, 03:12 PM
Impulse

Impulse noted the knife, paying closer attention to it, looking for any kind of identifiable markings on what she could see of the knife.

WOO NATURAL 20 ON A PERCEPTION CHECK \o/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4096851/

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-20, 04:52 PM
Starwind

Kara's eyes shift to the silver-black of her namesake, drinking in emissions in spectra science has only begun to imagine, let alone explore. She perceives the interior of the cellar regardless of the interference of intervening objects or forces for in her sight the intervening space is irrelevant; it resonates directly with the cellar's interior, forming a three-dimensional image.

Not that Kara really understands how it works - it's just that the nerd she dated in high school was really into quantum entanglement or somesuch nonsense and his boring description fit what her senses seem to do.

OOC:
Analytical vision, infravision and ultravision scanning the cellar. Kara lacks the skills to use it anywhere near its full efficiency but she should still see how this weapon looks like at least.

lord pringle
2013-06-20, 04:56 PM
[Impulse #1]
The knife has no markings, but the hilt seems to be some sort of battery.
[Starwind #1]
The weapon looks remarkably similar to a smaller version of the device that destroyed Smallville.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-20, 05:34 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smalleek:

Damn!

Kara is angry at Luthor, but mostly because she's scared. She always wondered whether the explosion that gave her powers failed to destroy the world as scientists claimed it might have precisely because it gave her powers. What were the chances such a fortunate accident would repeat itself? So she uses her eyebeams to cut around the basement itself, separating it and the ruins above from the ground, then wrapping it up in layer after layer of folded gravity. Then, freeing Luthor's trapped goons before she's done, she picks up the whole thing and pushes it into space with such speed that the shockwave of their passing shakes the city...

OOC:
Fold the whole thing in tactile gravitics then use the "movable" effect to push them and herself (she needs to remain in close range) into outer space. If the whole thing is mass rank 16 or so (3000 tons), her max rank of tactile gravitics could push it 4 million miles (6 times further than the moon is) in one round.

greenpotato
2013-06-20, 05:44 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil looks for an opportunity to hide herself inside one of the crates that have yet to be loaded onto the truck, she tries to get inside it without being noticed by the thugs and Snowflame. [roll0] stealth roll

darkninja0200
2013-06-20, 05:53 PM
Impulse

She noted the hilt looking to be a battery of some sort, but lacking the technological know how to determine what kind of battery it was, she needed someone else. Perhaps Batman has it already. She wouldn't even know how to get a hold of him. But if this investigation had him involved she might get a chance to see him eventually. For now she took a copy of the specific security footage, thanking the manager for her help, and left her be, zipping around the city to find the nearest police box. Once done she dialed in a number waiting for a pick up and than spoke "Sulu Halo Ingrid Epsilon Delta Ingrid 3 4 0" She waited on another pick up sound. "I need 2 background checks on the villain, Massacre and the vigilante, Batman" She needed to know what she was dealing with and how they tied into the investigation

Using her S.H.I.E.L.D. contacts to make an investigation check on Batman and Massacre.

Batman
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4097091/

Massacre
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4097095/

Batpope Scott
2013-06-20, 05:59 PM
Deathstroke sighs as he takes the package. "The clean-up is on your hands. I have places to be."

He spins on his heel and starts his walk out the door so he can scope out the wayne lab for good ways in.

lord pringle
2013-06-20, 06:43 PM
Everyone
A slight tremor shakes Gotham.
[Starwind #1]
The device is shoved far far into space.
[Daredevil #1]
With the distraction caused by the quake, they fail to notice you enter their truck.
[Impulse #1]
Nick Fury answers the phone, "Impulse, did you see what just broke our airspace speed trackers? Because what ever it was, it did it from sunny Gotham City. Go find out what the hell just happened. Everything else is on hold."
[Deathstroke #1]
Make a perception check for entrences.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-20, 07:13 PM
Starwind

After having hurled the offending technology into deep space, Kara makes the last few dozen miles of her return trip in a much more sedate Mach 7. Bending gravity like a pretzel might allow for impressive stunts but it also made judging distances proportionately harder, which didn't mesh well with speeds that could drill holes through rather large things - like cities.

She returns to the hole in the ground that used to be a warehouse to make sure the unconscious hired muscle weren't about to die from exposure and to think. How could she possibly stop the Big Four -but specially Luthor- from following the self-destructive path they had decided on without killing people or worse, starting an all-out war?

darkninja0200
2013-06-20, 07:14 PM
Just as Fury had spoken, she heard the shockwave. "On it Fury". She hung up the phone and zipped on over toward the general direction of the origin of the shockwave. Whatever just happened it had to have been big. Coming to what looked like the ruins of a building she looked around, seeing freshly freed Lexcorp goons. Not far off, down in a hole in the ground was a brightly costumed female. She zipped on over down into what appeared to have been a basement, behind the blue clad woman and tapped her shoulder, soon zipping around front, arms crossed "What just happened here Blue?" She could only assume the bright blue clad woman was to blame for this, she had no concrete evidence on this.

28 points into enhanced reflexes, bringing dodge and parry up to 13 and initiative up to 32. on top of the 30 in superspeed for a total of 58 points used Basically she almost can't get hit.

Gotta be pre-emptive ya know ^^

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-20, 07:33 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smallconfused:

The blonde in the blue schoolgirl outfit, red cape and matching boots is just that; a girl. Five feet tall if she was an inch, she looks like a fourteen-year old that matured early but still has some child in her teenage features.
What happened here? she repeats challengingly. I'll tell you what happened; Lexcorp is making attempts at weapons of mass destruction poorly disguised as beneficial technology again. And using both hired muscle and people with powers to guard them.
She stares intently at the redhead for a moment.
Who are you? Why are you wired? And are you old enough to go to college yet?

darkninja0200
2013-06-20, 08:04 PM
Impulse

The 18 year old has always looked her age, well except for early on in her life when she nearly died. She looked very athletically built as if she engaged in cardio everyday. Impulse was a few inches taller than Kara at 5'8". She was in a Bright Yellow costume, with a red lightning bolt in a white circle in the middle of her chest, and her shield badge showing on the top left slightly above her breast line.

She listened to the girl's explanation "Yes I know Luthor is using such means, but doing stuff like this isn't going to solve anything, what are local authorities going to think when they see this crater here and you have to explain why it was thrown out here." she sighed "I guarantee you this is just Lex Luthor throwing any would be investigators out on a goose chase". She wasn't really as experienced in this line of work as she sounded, but at least she kept up on the dossiers as they were passed along to her.

Than the small insult came "I could say the same about you, what are you 14? 15?" she smirked at the wired comment "If you mean my slight shakes, I naturally shake, have since birth, and the reason? Well I don't trust you enough for that, and as for my name, I'm Impulse, though last I checked it's rude to ask fr people's names before you give you own" Finally she came to her point "Anyway, tou need to stop throwing things out of the atmosphere, you're upsetting my boss, and he's not the easiest guy to deal with when he's mad"

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-20, 08:26 PM
Starwind

I'll have you know I can legally get married in all fifty-two states she says primly. Though I won't be able to legally drink for another three, or convince anyone my I.D. is not fake for another twenty - which says something about human intelligence right there.
She thinks about it for a moment then extends her hand.
Impulse eh? Then you may call me Starwind. As for Luthor, he has way too much money for everyone's good, including his own. You think the courts will ever convict him when he can pay enough to have his weapons development labs on ships in international waters or half a mile underground in the Rocky Mountains, or buy himself a senator or six to influence the laws in his favor?

Unless some people wise up and sic SEAL Team Six on him or something, someone will have to stop him in other ways. And I'd rather throw his toys all the way to Neptune rather than have them make craters the size of Texas down here.

darkninja0200
2013-06-20, 09:02 PM
Impulse

She took the girl's hand, shaking it, smirk turning to a smile. "I highly doubt Luthor will be convicted. As you said, he has too much money, and he's smart" She liked this girl so far, quick with the mouth, but didn't seem to be able to keep up the steam with rebuttals. "The only way the hammer is going to go down on Luthor's head is if he pulls something so biblically stupid that not even his money or smarts can cover him"

Than her face turned serious "Well, I'm afraid I need you to come with me to Headquarters, and explain yourself to my boss. He isn't very happy that something left the atmosphere as fast as it did, I mean I could explain it to him myself, but I think it would have more impact if you did. Plus he's reasonable for the most part" Her tone was light and quick, hinting at her lightheartedness toward things, despite her seriouness.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-20, 09:11 PM
Starwind

I can think of another way myself; wreck everything he owns until he has no money to pay his way out. The young blonde shrugs. But that might have a too-high cost in the end so I haven't tried it yet. Let's go meet this boss of yours then. He might want to know that one of Luthor's superpowered people is in Metropolis central hospital, too.
Starwind smiles.
She needed treatment for repeatedly-punched-in-the-face-itis. It's that new disease they have here in Gotham. Or so I hear.

Jack Arken
2013-06-20, 09:20 PM
Nearly falling back into the sticky cement floor Spellbinder went to his knees to steady himself. Was that another defense system? Had the upper floor been bombed? He needed to get out now. Standing up he raised his hand, the eye embedded in his right hand floating up. It blinked and the room filled with a bright light.

-What anyone sensing the room sees-

Spellbinder stands, fully visible and then other Spellbinders (perfect clones) start stepping out from his body and running in every direction to the corners of the room.

-What's actually happening-

Spellbinder ran, running around the spotty traps or jumping over them when needed to get to the stairs.

Athletics for jumping 16 So 16 feet running long jump and he can jump 8 feet from standing.
Activating Illusory Microcosm to make himself invisible and create the clones as a distraction for the statues.

greenpotato
2013-06-20, 10:12 PM
Daredevil

Well, now I'm hiding inside a box, great. She casually observes what is happening with the thugs but intends to take no action until the truck arrives at it's destination.

darkninja0200
2013-06-20, 10:14 PM
Impulse
She couldn't help but laugh at the last comment. "Passed to others by the fist? Contagious to those involved with the guy?" She knew this term well enough, having been in her line of work long enough. "Be right back" She zipped out of the hole in the ground, up the wall and to a nearby payphone. She dialed the number and spoke her code "Pops, I got your donuts, but my car is broken down and my friend and I need a pickup, down by my friends house." Since it wasn't as secure as a police box, so she had to speak in code to request a pickup for her and Starwind.

lord pringle
2013-06-21, 12:34 AM
[Impulse #1 & Starwind #1]
The agent on the other line tells you, in code, that a pick-up van will be coming. Do either of you want to do anything before they arrive?
[Spellbinder #1]
A statue reaches out and tries to grab a clone. He fails obviously, but you manage to escape.
[Daredevil #1]
The gang goes on for a while before stopping. They stop and begin opening the back of the car.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-21, 01:12 AM
Starwind

A van!? Don't they know most vehicles in major cities grant the superpower to move around at the speed of slugs? Starwind groans. With the kind of traffic this city has, I can be to the moon and back a couple hundred times before they arrive.
She thinks about it for a moment then smiles.
Hey, do you want us to do anything to pass the time? Find a robbery and stop it, or see if we can beat up a supervillain, or find Luthor's latest illegal arms drop, dismantle them then fill up his penthouse with the pieces?

darkninja0200
2013-06-21, 02:03 AM
She nodded in agreeance with Starwind "Trust me I know the feeling, I could be to China and back a couple hundred times myself" And waiting for the van would take time indeed. She thought for a moment. "Let's try to avoid another Luthor Corp incident, you really don't want his attention on you, but with all the warring corporations, there's usually some form of sabotage. This IS gotham city so there is usually someone to save or a bank robbery to stop. There's also the usual gang war. Sometimes a supervillain pops up." She smiled offering up those suggestions. She was cool with whatever, just as long as she didn't have to wait there forever for the van.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-21, 02:30 AM
Starwind

Well, we could search the city for a crime or two. But... Starwind bites her lower lip in deep thought - or maybe embarassment. Fine maneuvers and I are not on speaking terms when I amplify my speed too much. I'm far more likely to go from one end of the city to the other through the buildings rather than around them if I try. Any suggestions on how we could search in another way?

darkninja0200
2013-06-21, 02:43 AM
Impulse

Impulse smiles brightly "I'm the fastest girl alive, I could have Gotham, Bludhaven, AND metropolis searched in a matter of seconds. just watch" And just like that she's gone, as if she had disappeared, leaving little more than the wind of her wake. In that time she searched the entirety of Gotham twice over, weaving between cars in the streets, searching specifically for some crime happening or that was about to happen, or even some supervillain on his/her latest scheme. Heck even a rampaging metahuman or monster would be awesome.

Putting another 10 into super speed, bringing it to 20 Speed and 20 Quickness to run a standard action search of the city for the most urgent crime.

greenpotato
2013-06-21, 03:05 AM
Daredevil

As the back of the van opens up daredevil leaps out, taking the thugs by surprise and coming out swinging:
[roll0] to hit, damage 13. Aiming for Snowflame if he's in reach or a generic thug if he's not

Batpope Scott
2013-06-21, 05:01 AM
Deathstroke examines the building with his keen eye for good entrances.

Just to make sure, Deathstroke has Analytic Sight and Acute vision. He has danger sense and tracking as well, but that's not really important right now. Perception Roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4098226/)

AutumnLotus
2013-06-21, 11:22 AM
Rogue

Rogue looks around, trying to figure out where the tremor might be originating from.

Jack Arken
2013-06-21, 01:51 PM
A few blocks away from the warehouse Spellbinder is typing a message into his phone. "I have the package, lets talk price."

Back at his luxury suite he unplugs his personal computer from the network and installs the hard drive. "Lets see what we have here..." He said settling down into his seat.

lord pringle
2013-06-22, 12:38 AM
[Starwind & Impulse #1]
Coldcocked! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4099415/) Impulse make me a DC 21 toughness and both of you a perception to see who threw the punch.
[Daredevil #1]
*CRUNCH* (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4099425/). The thug is brained and incapacitated. Iniative time.
[Deathstroke #1]
There is a service elevator that requires a key card to enter, two fire exit doors and the main entrance.
[Rogue #1]
The tremor's source is not noticeable.
[Spellbinder #1]
The files are encrypted. Tech to figure it out.

greenpotato
2013-06-22, 12:57 AM
Daredevil

Daredevil pulls her mace out of whats left of one thug and swings at another with a roar; "Come on!"
Initiative [roll0] and another attack roll [roll1]

Jack Arken
2013-06-22, 01:02 AM
Encrypted? To be expected. It shouldn't take him long to break it. The keys click and clack rapidly.

Tech 10+10+6=26

lord pringle
2013-06-22, 01:34 AM
[Daredevil #1]
You act first and thump another thug, who is, remarkably, only dazed. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4099472/) The rest are waiting on orders from their boss who walks up to you. "SNOWFLAME has a deal for you. You step away from SNOWFLAME'S product and we fight like rational individuals."
[Spellbinder #1]
You break that encryption like a piggy bank in an earthquake. The files detail the blueprints for some sort of fancy compact power plant.

greenpotato
2013-06-22, 01:45 AM
Daredevil

With another angry yell Daredevil swings at Snowflame "Rationalize this!" [roll0] damage 13

Jack Arken
2013-06-22, 03:13 AM
Ira smiles, "Easy enough." He makes a copy of the blue prints and adds it to his collection of stolen tech as he awaits the response from Wayne. If he didn't like the price he would sell it to someone else as per usual. He called up his agenda for the next week to see who he might be meeting with.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-22, 03:36 AM
Starwind

Following Impulse with her senses since she could not do it physically, Kara jumps in surprise when her new (potential) friend is unexpectedly hit. She scans the area to see who landed that hit... and prepares to really kick some @$$.

OOC:
Perception result of 28. Kara's senses ignore distance, cover or concealment, at least on things she can focus on (her sense range is far too large for her to scan everything). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4099555/

darkninja0200
2013-06-22, 04:25 AM
Impulse
Condition: :eek:
Barely avoided damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4099577/)

Impulse got slammed hard, sending her flipping through the air, smacking into the wall of a brick walled building. She stood up slowly, not hurt as much as she could have been, but still "Owwww". She looked around for the source of the attack, ready to fight the source of it. "Who did that?" She didn't know who had just done that, but whoever it was had to have been strong enough to not have their limb ripped off their body at the speeds she was going.

Perception Roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4099587/

And moving 10PP away from Superspeed, bringing it back to 15 Speed and 15 Quickness, and moving, Enhanced reflexes at full. 14PP in speed force accuracy, bringing normal melee attacks up to +21

Batpope Scott
2013-06-22, 10:13 AM
The service elevator would provide a quick way through the building if I had access.

Deathstroke looks the building over again, just to be sure. Actual entrances are nice, but there's no sense in going somewhere people walk through regularly.

Looking for windows, big vents capable of holding a person or other things that would get me inside without using an entrance.

lord pringle
2013-06-22, 05:05 PM
[Team-up #1]
Starwind sees only a yellow blur, while Impulse sees someone moving damn fast in what appears to be an color inverted flash costume. Impulse, get a hero point for complications, and both of you roll initiative.
[Daredevil #1]
Snowflame deflects your mace. He shouts, How dare you! he explodes into a literal fiery rage. He misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4100071/) you with his flame.
[Spellbinder #1]
They respond with 100,000$. You would deliver the hard drive to 1015 Hearst Avenue.
[Daredevil #1]
There are 12 windows large enough, but there are alarms if the windows are opened or broken.

darkninja0200
2013-06-22, 09:20 PM
Impulse
Condition: :annoyed:
HP: 2
Initiative (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4100288/)
( Unless I did something wrong, I have a high ass initiative :smalleek: )

Impulse knew that color scheme, similar to her own, but more like an inverted flash. Her blood started to rush, she started to chase after the Blur, the blur she knew could have only been one man. And this man, she had no good history with. "Nice of you to show your ugly face!" she spoke to the yellow clad man, coming up behind him, running, turning, and keeping up with his maneuvers. She saw her chance, coming up beside him, throwing a super speed punch right for his head. Backing off right after, but still keeping a tail on him

Free Action: Smack talk the villain
Standard: Close in on the speedster villain
Attack: Basic Melee Attack against the speedster beside her (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4100714/) (-1 to this roll to make up for an error)
Move-by-Action: Back off and keep chasing The speedster

Jack Arken
2013-06-22, 09:29 PM
"A hundred grand? I think not, the government alone spends hundreds of millions in research into reactor technology. This is worth at least nine hundred thousand. Say yes or I hang up now."

Batpope Scott
2013-06-22, 10:07 PM
I suppose this is a lightning operation, then.

Deathstroke runs to one of the two fire escapes and inspects it for an alarm.

If I need it, Perception (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4100349/)

lord pringle
2013-06-22, 11:12 PM
[Spellbinder #1]
There is shouting on the other end. The person responds with, "Hold out for tommorow morning, we will discuss this then."
[Deathstroke #1]
The fire escapes are rigged to fire alarms, but you could turn those off if you rewired them.

greenpotato
2013-06-22, 11:56 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil again swings at Snowflame. Damn, I really need to work on my witty repartee she thinks.
Attack: [roll0] damage 13

Batpope Scott
2013-06-23, 09:16 AM
Would it be possible to rewire it from the outside?

Jack Arken
2013-06-23, 03:46 PM
"Yes. We will." He hangs up and chuckles to himself. He did enjoy seeing the greedy masters of Wayne Enterprises twist in the wind.

lord pringle
2013-06-24, 01:18 AM
[Team-up #1]
You barely hit the attacker. He doesn't seem too (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4102258/) hurt, though. He responds by throwing another punch, but it misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4102289/).
[Deathstroke #1]
Yes, it could.
[Spellbinder #1]
Anything you want to do till then?
[Daredevil #1]
He ducks out of the way of the mace once again. "Snowflame thinks that you should work on your aim!" He fires another large blast of flame that misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4102309/) you, but catches some of the boxes on fire.

greenpotato
2013-06-24, 02:45 AM
Daredevil

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw fireballs!" Daredevil says before sweeping her heavy mace at him again [roll0] to hit, 13 damage

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-24, 04:57 AM
Starwind

Kara flies through the cityscape at great speed, catching up with the battling speedsters - at least as long as they were engaged in melee combat.
You need any help?
She shouts out to Impulse as she approaches. Maybe her new friend did but Kara wasn't about to make assumptions; Impulse was obviously a member of some semi-secret organization or something.

OOC:
Move up to the fight with flight 10 (4 miles). The rest of her array is in Rank 6 eyebeams. She'll ready an action to use them on the bad guy if Impulse requests help.

darkninja0200
2013-06-24, 05:24 AM
As the two battled on She called up, while paying attention to the other speedster "Yes please!" she could have used any help she could get against this guy. He was a force to be reckoned with, having given both her Uncle and Father trouble in the past. She closed in for another attack

Move: Close in for another attack
Action: Quick jab to the ribs under Zoom's arm. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4102889/)
Move-by-Action: Back way up in preparation for the next attack

Batpope Scott
2013-06-24, 10:07 AM
Deathstroke attempts to disconnect the alarm from the door. Let us see how competent their security developers actually are...

Technology roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4102707/)

Jack Arken
2013-06-24, 12:45 PM
If I can I'd like to invent something. Something similar to a bomb I can place on the hard drive for the exchange. So if they try and cheat him he can remote detonate it.

I'll take ten on both the design and creation of the device. Should take around 4 hours I only need one point. 1 point in damage I think it would be?

Any leftover time he'll spend catching up on sleep.

lord pringle
2013-06-25, 02:31 AM
[Team-up #1]
Zoom throws (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4103882/) a punch at Impulse that lands. DC 25 toughness save. He then splits into a side street and runs away.
[Deathstroke #1]
You're damn sure that those alarms have been shut down.
[Spellbinder #1]
That should work. At about 4 in the morning there is a knocking at the door.
[Daredevil #1]
You smack into Snowflame. He only gets a -1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4103892/) to toughness. "Stop hitting SNOWFLAME, you horrid little woman!" He explodes once more in a burst of white flame. Once again, you manage to dodge (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4103894/) them, but now the drugs have caught flame.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-25, 09:30 AM
Opening the door, certain of his quiet entry, Deathstroke moves as quietly as he can as he looks for an elevator. He also keeps an eye out for security cameras, shooting them with his silenced submachine gun if he sees one. Employees could be a problem, but they'll be easy enough to silence.

Stealth (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4104186/)
Perception (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4104187/)

Jack Arken
2013-06-25, 10:50 AM
Ira rolled out of bed and onto his hands and knees. It was still dark out, who would be calling on him now? He walked over to the door and looked through the spyhole to see who was outside it.

lord pringle
2013-06-25, 02:00 PM
[Spellbinder #1]
Outside is a hunched over man in a suit. He's deathly pale and dripping something.
[Deathstroke #1]
You see no employees.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-25, 02:19 PM
How strange. I wouldn't expect a research tower to be so devoid of people walking down the halls.

Deathstroke continues to move quietly in his search for an elevator or flight of stairs to get to the twelfth floor.

Jack Arken
2013-06-25, 03:41 PM
He raises his voice loud enough that his voice carries through the thick door. "Sorry friend, no solicitors. If you're looking for a hospital there's one not too far from here."

greenpotato
2013-06-25, 07:56 PM
Daredevil

"Are you trying to hit me or the crates? I should thank you, now I don't have to destroy the drugs when I'm finished with you." Daredevil says as she attacks Snowflame again [roll0] damage 13

lord pringle
2013-06-26, 03:20 AM
[Spellbinder #1]
The man's hand turns into a gray blob for a second before becoming a hammer. "Let... In..." He grumbles.
[Deathstroke #1]
You're on the third floor which is full of cubicles. To get to any other floor by elevator would require a keycard, with the proper clearance.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-26, 07:13 PM
Noting the lack of public elevators, Deathstroke begins searching for either keycards or flights of stairs.

Perception Roll? (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4106062/)

Jack Arken
2013-06-26, 09:20 PM
Ira slipped on his glove. "Oh? May I ask who's calling?" He would peek through the hole, and if the man were to swing his hammer he would open the door before it hit. After all, he can't be having his door smashed in on a regular basis.

lord pringle
2013-06-27, 12:56 AM
[Spellbinder #1]
The man grumbles, "Michael... Hagen..." He stands waiting.
[Deathstroke #1]
You find a keycard on what appears to be a recently evacuated desk with coffee on it.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-27, 01:20 AM
Taking the keycard, Deathstroke decides to test it against the service elevator to see if he can get an easy way up.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-06-27, 04:29 AM
Starwind

Moving next to her new friend, Kara looks worried.
Are you OK? Then she looks around, trying to see which way the bad guy went. He's too quick for me in the streets of the city. Do you think he's gone? If not, I have an idea...

OOC:
Perception check 18 to see where he went and charge after him with flight 10 (4 miles). If the check is not enough for her to follow with a charge (her vision is currently penetrating and extended 3 to see through buildings from great distance), she'll use her standard action to Ready her Tactile Gravitics against any new appearances from him. She'll put a toughness 20 gravity field around her and Impulse's location as he approaches - a field that allows him to enter but not to leave. The field is also undetectable and affects incorporeal so it should do for a trap. :smallamused: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4106557/

Jack Arken
2013-06-27, 11:10 AM
Ira swung the door wide. "Ahh, Mikey. Why didn't you say so? Come on in. Want something to drink?" He smiles, holding his hand behind his back. "Oh don't mind the carpet, I won't be paying for it."

darkninja0200
2013-06-27, 01:15 PM
Impulse
Condition: Dazed :annoyed:
HP: 2
Toughness Save (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4106882/)

Iris got punched right at side of the face, rendering her dazed, causng her to trip and do a cartoony sort of roll, before coming to a stop about 150 feet away. She got up and shook her head. Looking over at Starwind. "Okay I was definitely not expecting that, though I should have." She shakes her head again and stands up. Listening to Starwind's problem she formulated a plan in her head "Okay Speedsters are quick, you have to be able to be just as quick or be able to outsmart them. I'm going to lure him out, you be ready to hit him with whatever you're going to hit him with, and I'll finish him off, and don't be afraid to hurt him, We Speedsters are tougher than we look" She smiled that winning smile of hers before disappearing, though not really.

Down in the area where he disappeared (not down the sidestreet), she scanned the area, calling him out. "Come on Zoom I know you're here!" She took a heroic pose, trying to egg him on.

Standard Action: move to the last place she saw Zoom in a heroic manner

Perception roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4106899/) as the free action
I couldn't find anything saying what kind of Action Skill checks were, so I used it as a free action after moving

lord pringle
2013-06-30, 06:28 PM
[Spellbinder #1]
Michael steps into your apartment. "Drink nice... Help us."
[Team-up #1]
Zoom bolts off into a subway station. Starwind flies after him to find no one in costume in the subway station.
[Deathstroke #1]
The elevator buttons for floors 6, 8, and 15 light up.
[Daredevil #1]
Snowflame continues to dodge the mace. He then notices the burning drugs and runs over to them trying to put them out with a bucket of water.

Batpope Scott
2013-06-30, 06:35 PM
Deathstroke sighs at the glowing buttons. This is never easy, is it?

He presses fifteen, thinking that he could simply put holes in the floor if he can't find a way down.

Jack Arken
2013-07-01, 03:13 PM
Ira nodded, gesturing to the couch in his living room. "Take a seat. Any preference?" He asked, going to his see in kitchen to get some drinks. He would make whatever Hagen asked for and then set them down on the table. "So, what sort of help do you need?" He asked, sitting down in the chair opposite. He smiled warmly and clasped his hands together.

lord pringle
2013-07-01, 06:22 PM
[Spellbinder #1]
Michael sits down at the couch. "Stole us. Took our shapes. Help."
[Deathstroke #1]
The fifteenth floor is what appears to be a buch of rooms for medical testing. Now, however there are unconscious people in lab coats lining the floor.

greenpotato
2013-07-01, 07:07 PM
Daredevil

"Did I say we were finished?" She says as she attacks the distracted Snowflame. To hit [roll0] and 13 damage

Jack Arken
2013-07-01, 09:44 PM
"I see... and who stole your...shapes?" He asked.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-02, 01:34 AM
That's a wonderful sign. Deathstroke moves out of the elevator and checks to see if the nearest person is alive.

lord pringle
2013-07-06, 03:11 PM
Deathstroke #1]
He is still alive.
[Daredevil #1]
You smack into him and he falls unconcious. ((Sorry for not hyper linking that natural 1. I'm on my phone.))
[Spellbinder #1]
"Dr. Toaaaaaugh..." He gurgles out as he melts into a puddle on your couch. The puddle looks like its the same stuff as was in the warehouse.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-06, 03:37 PM
Someone has knocked all of these men unconscious. I should be on the lookout for another corporate saboteur in here.

Deathstroke looks around for a way down to the lower floors, trying to be silent and discrete, so he can get down to the 12th floor.

Jack Arken
2013-07-09, 02:48 AM
Ira sighs, after he went through all the trouble of making drinks. He bends over to speak at the puddle. "Dr. Toad? Dr. Toga? You have to give me a bit more than that..." Really though he was wondering why the man came to him.

greenpotato
2013-07-09, 10:40 AM
Daredevil

Looks around for something to tie him up with

lord pringle
2013-07-09, 01:58 PM
[Daredevil #1]
There are some ropes tying some of the unburned boxes.
[Spellbinder #1]
Mud generally doesn't talk. A physiatrist should really know better.
[Deathstroke #1]
The employees still have their ID cards on them.

Jack Arken
2013-07-09, 05:48 PM
Pouring out his drink Ira scooped up a cupful of mud person. Holding up the glass to his eye he adjusted his glasses. "Better call STAR labs." He goes to get the phone and call their consulting services.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-09, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Belial_the_Leveler;15510523]Starwind

Damn... the blonde girl curses. He's in the subway, in civilian clothing, hiding among the crowd. I know I can nail him... but it would collapse the station. She scowls then turns to Impulse.
Do you want to hunt him on your own? The van they sent for us may be coming soon.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-10, 02:16 PM
Snatching up an ID card, Deathstroke walks back in the elevator to check if they work as as keys for the employees. if this doesn't work, I could always just try and bypass the interface and play with some wiring.

lord pringle
2013-07-11, 01:55 PM
[Team-up #1]
People begin to take out phones and take pictures and videos of Starwind. Zoom is staying with the crowd and boarding a train.
[Spellbinder #1]
An automated voice responder replies "STAR Labs are currently closed. If you need to reach a certain extension, please dial it now."
[Deathstroke #1]
Between the various cards you can get floor 12 lit up.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-13, 06:50 PM
Well... that was simple.

Deathstroke pokes the button for floor 12, fully expecting a super on the other side. He holds his SMG, ready to fire, as the elevator goes down.

lord pringle
2013-07-13, 09:37 PM
[Deathstroke #1]
The twelfth floor consists of a couple long poorly lit hallways with one way glass walled testing rooms allowing one to look in but not out. The rooms are currently devoid of human life but one room is full of various plants. A janitor pushes a broom closet through a corridor.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-14, 04:40 PM
Starwind

OK, Zoom is in the train now and leaving. And I think your people are looking for us. the young blonde says as she concentrates on her senses. Would you come with me as I meet them? I'd rather avoid any misunderstandings loud enough to shake the city.

Assuming Impulse follows her, Kara will fly to where the SHIELD agents are at a low enough altitude that she and Impulse aren't separated and are obviously coming in together.

Jack Arken
2013-07-14, 05:07 PM
Ira puts in the four digit code to get ahold of Professor Hamilton. "Come on... come on..." He said waiting as the call waiting music played in the background.

greenpotato
2013-07-14, 08:01 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil ties him up. "What is going to happen here is one of two things, either you are going to tell me of every gang hideout, drug stash and dealer you know of in the city and then go to jail or I'm going to pulp your head with my mace, which will it be?"

Batpope Scott
2013-07-15, 06:09 PM
Deathstroke follows the janitor silently, pondering whether or not he should warn him or just knock him out. Deciding on the latter, he sneaks up behind and attempts to choke the janitor into silence. Nothing lethal, just have to make sure he isn't a witness.

Not sure if I need to roll or not, seeing as it's just a janitor. Here's an attack roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4132159/)

lord pringle
2013-07-17, 12:58 AM
[Daredevil #1]
Snowflame looks at you and scoffs. "Like SNOWFLAME would ever tell you where sow flame keeps his god. If you kill SNOWFLAME he will just come back stronger, thanks to his god!

[Spellbinder #1]
Professor Hamilton answers. "Who is it? And what exactly is so damn important that you have to call me as I'm leaving!" It could be worse, at least time zones mean that it's only 11 P.M. for him.

[Deathstroke #1]
The Janitor ducks away and draws his Katannas. Now that you have a closer look, it seems that his face is horribly scarred with what appear to be tumors. "Now, I think we got off on the wrong foot earlier. I'm actually a fan of yours. A huge fan. A massive one. And I want to do things with you that I've dreamed about doing to Ms. Bea Arthur." He pauses for a second. "Did I say that out loud? What I'm trying to say is that I don't have to kill you! Together we could rule the galaxy as father and son!" The Janitor grins.

greenpotato
2013-07-17, 01:04 AM
Daredevil

"Have it your way" she says as she proceeds to hit snowflame in the head repeatedly with her mace until nothing is left but pulp.

lord pringle
2013-07-17, 01:25 AM
[Daredevil #1]
...Welp, he's dead. By the way, there are still burning drugs in the air that you've been breathing. Make a fortitude save. ((OoC: I just saw your picture on Daredevil's character profile. It's really nice!))

Batpope Scott
2013-07-17, 07:08 AM
If he's serious, he'd be a rather competent ally. a moment of pause and Deathstroke thinks again That first part is going to be the reason why I can't trust him.

"You want to work together?" A terrible thought comes to Deathstroke Wait. Did he say he was a fan? I don't even want to think of the idea that this guy might be my fault.

Jack Arken
2013-07-17, 02:28 PM
"Hello Hamilton, it's Billings. I won't take up too much of your time. I just had a guy walk into my apartment and dissolve into a muddy puddle. So I think I'm looking for a doctor that specializes in Matter reconfiguration or something similar. His name would begin with a T. Oh and I have a sample if you want to look at it."

lord pringle
2013-07-19, 12:18 AM
[Deathstroke #1]
Deadpool, Janitor with a mouth, exclaims "Yes, I wish to join you! I'll be the Sam to your Frodo. The chocolate to your peanut butter. The Tonto to your lone ranger! The Rose to your Doctor! He grins showing slightly more teeth than a human should have.

[Spellbinder #1]
Hamilton sighs, "Christ on a stick, man, what the **** did I say about calling me after eight. Besides isn't it like three in Gotham? Anyway I think your looking for a Doctor Thomas. He's working on ways to restrain shape shifters up in Blackgate Prison. Anything else or can I go home and get all of five hours of sleep."

Jack Arken
2013-07-19, 12:52 AM
"Ah perfect. See Hamilton I could have spent fifteen minutes on google or ten seconds bothering you. The choice is obvious. Anyway get some sleep, and I owe you a drink next time you're in Gotham." He hangs up and nods to himself. "It pays to have smart friends." He said crossing his arms and heading to bed.

In the morning he would go about locating Dr. Thomas's home address, he really had no reason to avenge the other man's death. Not a material one anyway, but one day he might end up in Black Gate and he would rather not be some quacks guinea pig. And it never hurts to have a shapeshifter in one's debt.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-19, 05:30 PM
It's a good thing the mask hid the fierce scowl he held at those references or else Deathstroke would have to try and control the urge. "You have a name?"

greenpotato
2013-07-19, 06:30 PM
Daredevil

A look of worry works its way onto daredevils face as she inhales the thick fumes.

[roll0] Fortitude

lord pringle
2013-07-20, 01:04 AM
[Deathstroke #1]
"Oh, I'm Wade Wilson. Like you, Slade Wilson. I guess you can also call me Deadpool. He extends a hand to shake.

[Daredevil #1
You start to feel a little woozy, like you might pass out. Colors are swirling around you and the noise of the city is becoming music.

[Spellbinder #2]
You wake up well rested and ready to go. When do you plan to go to Blackgate and are you going to set an appointment?

[Starwind #1]
The two of you arrive next to the S.H.I.E.L.D. pick-up van. A couple of G.C.P.D. cars have arrived on the site. An agent, whose name tag identifies him as Barnes, walks up to you. "Ms. Starwind, you're under arrest for the charges of assault, battery, property damage, and kidnapping. And that's just today. Put your hands out where I can see them and don't try any funny business."

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-20, 03:00 AM
Starwind

Very well, no funny business. Starwind says amiably. Then she, agent Barnes and the S.H.I.E.L.D. van suddenly rise many miles straight up as if they were on a rapidly ascending platform. However, no such platform can be seen, there is no torrent of wind or thinning of the air as one would expect from such movement or altitude and nobody else rises with them. Very well officer... Barnes is it? Since you would prefer serious over funny, let's be so. She gives him a small smile while the Earth beneath them begins to curve as they reach a respectable height in moments. By what right are you attempting an arrest in space, which is beyond any country's sovereignty?

OOC: make a closed dome around her that does not allow her, agent Barnes, the SHIELD van and breathable air from exiting but doesn't exist for anyone else (taking Impulse along might complicate matters). Then lift 50 miles straight up.

lord pringle
2013-07-20, 01:46 PM
[Starwind #1]
"Ma'am, please do not resist arrest." He says while putting on a gauntlet. Three rather freaked out S.H.I.E.L.D. troopers come out of the van armed with rifles. "Comply or we will be forced to fight."

greenpotato
2013-07-20, 04:49 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil begins to run, to get out the fumes before they overcome her.

lord pringle
2013-07-20, 05:59 PM
[Daredevil #1]
By now, it's night time. The city is looking very different then it does normally. Whispers are darting around you. The shadow of a bat flies over you. Make me another fortitude save.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-20, 08:29 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smallsigh:, fatigued

The young blonde sighs as she looks at officer Barnes and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. As she rolls her eyes in exasperation, their guns, gadgets, equipment, their van and any other object they have on them or brought along -other than their clothes- suddenly turns into dust.
Is a dogmatic devotion to procedure a requirement of being a SHIELD agent? she asks. We're in space. Can you breathe vacuum if this bubble we're in collapses during a fight? Do you fancy falling fifty miles straight down until you burn up?

lord pringle
2013-07-20, 09:36 PM
[Starwind #1]
The three formerly armed agents dash back into the van. Agent Barnes makes a face that could be interpreted as a frown. "Ma'am, may I ask what the next step of your plan is? You have to come down for food eventually and when you do S.H.I.E.L.D. will be authorized to use lethal force and you'll have to fight your friend Impulse. Alternatively, you could drop us back down now and you could get a fair trial. It's up to you." He pulls out a cigarette. "Got a light?"

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-21, 05:43 AM
Starwind

The young blonde looks at the agent's cigarette for a moment and it lights up seemingly on its own. Actually, I didn't really have a plan in bringing you here. she admits. How do you plan for when you save lives and then the agency whose business is their protection attempts to arrest you?
She sighs again.
Sooner or later, this little clash between Lexcorp and the others will get out of hand. That house I destroyed earlier today? It contained the same device that destroyed my home town and a good chunk of Kansas a decade ago. The gal I "kidnapped" and sent to the hospital? A thug with powers working for Luthor that feels electrocuting people is fun.
She sits down but looks up at the stars.
Your agency wants to try and arrest me for saving ten million people from being reduced to radioactive ashes? I'd like to try whatever your superiors are smoking some day - it must be pretty potent.

lord pringle
2013-07-21, 12:05 PM
[Starwind #1
"With a story like that, ma'am, I think you'll have a good chance of getting off not guilty. Hell, I bet we'd even hire you. Fury would want to talk to you himself." Barnes vaguely smiles before offering a cigarette."And if you just want to sit up here and talk, that's fine. I think it's nice up here."

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-21, 05:34 PM
Starwind

Thanks for the gesture, but no. Going to any kind of trial will work as well as a cigarette for someone who doesn't need to breathe. How much would Lexcorp need to pay for people in your government to arrange my delivery to its black research projects instead of that fair trial? she snorts. Derailing a single trial is way cheaper than developing weapons of mass destruction in a country where making a chemical bomb in your house can net you a nice white cell.
She pauses for a moment, guiding the gravitic bubble downwards.

I'll talk to your boss. Even help S.H.I.E.L.D. handle threats if you people want me to. But I won't trust a government who doesn't follow its own laws for everyone.
Now, I should probably get you groundside before we make half an orbit and there's daylight again. Space may be nice but sunlight up here will cook you in minutes; in my only unprotected trip it melted my clothes. You know how hard it is to get clothes without being seen when you're already naked and outside your own house?

lord pringle
2013-07-21, 06:26 PM
[Starwind #1]
"I don't mean to challenge you, ma'am, but I could make sure you get to the trial. And I'm pretty damn sure that if Luthor wants you Wayne will pay just as much to not get you. And if you don't come with us now, you're going to come with us later, but with more chance of going away for longer." He stops for a second and thinks. "Why does Luthor want you?"

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-21, 07:54 PM
Starwind
Condition: :smallsmile:

It's because of that explosion in my town. The scientists said that the energy release should have been big enough to destroy the planet and more. Only, it didn't; it changed something into me and gave me these powers.
She smiles then.
And now I can see the world down to its tiniest building blocks and shift them as I want. It's fun. I can't do really complex things yet - probably because I'm not old enough. Took me a decade to do a couple years' of growth. Give me another half a century and I could probably do anything. I may even look old enough to drink or get a boyfriend.
She seems to be deep in thought for half a minute while the bubble flies over the Pacific, settling down in the water far from land.

I'll think about what you said. I'll probably try for a settlement with the government after there's no more Luthor and the others to interfere. Go dig up a couple thousand tons of rare minerals for them -gold comes to mind- from Mars, or something. I doubt they'll say no to paying off the national debt in a day.

lord pringle
2013-07-21, 08:38 PM
[Starwind #1]
"Now I may not have a high school education, but wouldn't that just devalue gold all over the world? I think you should consider working for S.H.I.E.L.D. Hell, maybe H.A.T.E. might even take you." He pauses and looks around. "Where are we?"

Jack Arken
2013-07-21, 10:27 PM
Appointments? Who needed appointments? Spellbinder strolled over to the guard at the gate, when the man looked up from his paper a flash of light blinded him.

-What the guard sees-

Before the man lies the Warden of Blackgate, "Nice to see you're keeping an eye out Johnson" The warden said, obviously having read the guard's nametag.

lord pringle
2013-07-21, 10:43 PM
[Spellbinder #2]
The guard gulps. "Mr. Bolton, I didn't see you leave. Come on in." He says opening the gate.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-22, 12:06 AM
WHAT?! Deathstroke goes rigid and his voice lowers in response to being identified "Where did you hear that name?"

lord pringle
2013-07-22, 01:08 AM
[Deathstroke #1]
"Wayne Industries told me. They said, kill Slade Wilson! He'd a menace. He'll be at these places at these times. And I'm your biggest fan, so I figured I might as well see if the student couldn't become the master." Wade puts his kattanas away.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-22, 07:03 AM
Starwind
Condition: :smallsmile:

Well, probably. Starwind admits with a grin. It's not as if I paid much attention in high school. If you were a fifteen-year old with a vision that ignored impediments would you pay attention to a boring economics lesson or how specimens of the opposite gender looked without clothes?
She moves up to the unseen bubble around them and taps it and suddenly the sharp smell of salty air flows within the bubble.
We're somewhere in the Pacific, at least a couple hundred miles from the nearest land. Our re-entry was probably noticed so your boss should be arriving soon. I can't be leaving the "Big Four" in Gotham unsupervised for too long so I have to go.
She grins at agent Barnes once more.
I've modified the bubble to allow air in and out now but that's not the only thing I did. I liked puzzles before the accident so I leave you and your boss with one; the bubble now keeps water out and your four bodies in, but anything else can pass freely through. Should be interesting to see how your boss gets you out when cutting tools and weapons simply pass through it, don't you think?

Call it an audition. If he finds my abilities useful, he can contact me. I'll work free of charge even, if the missions are agreeable; call it community service.

greenpotato
2013-07-22, 11:35 PM
Daredevil

Maybe those fumes had more of an effect than I thought, I better get home, somethings not right. She begins to head back home, trying to avoid trouble this time.
[roll0] fortitude

Batpope Scott
2013-07-23, 01:49 AM
Wayne Industries knows more than I'd like. I may have to do something about that.

Slade smiles behind the mask. And that something starts with this bomb.

Coming back to his senses, Slade looks at Deadpool and calmly states "A fan, huh? Alright, I'll give you a trial run and see how this works out. I'm going to see about destroying these labs." Deathstroke walks off to look around the twelfth floor for both important information and a good spot to set off the bomb.

Technology roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4143456/) for good place to plant the bomb.
Investigation (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4143460/)roll to search for interesting information or tech that happens to be around.

Jack Arken
2013-07-23, 11:10 PM
Spellbinder strolled past the inept guard and just shook his head at him, continuing on inside. Once inside he activated his cloaking function and went about searching for Dr. Thomas's office.

lord pringle
2013-07-24, 12:24 AM
[Starwind #1]
Barnes salutes you. Nothing really catches your eye on the way back to Gotham. Do you plan to do anything else before the night is up, or do you want to get rested for tomorrow's classes?
[Deathstroke #1]
You find a good spot to plant the bomb. Notably, there does not seem to be much of anything on this floor. The bomb itself is made of four cylinders filled with green goo and a push activated timer set for one hour.
[Daredevil #1]
Your childhood dog tackles you while singing your favorite nursery rhyme. A swarm of crows giggles at your misfortune as you begin to feel very faint. You estimate you have about a minute before you pass out.
[Spellbinder #2]
You find Dr. Thomas's office. It appears to be empty and unlocked.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-24, 03:15 AM
Deathstroke sets up the bomb and activates the timer. He thinks back to the scientists upstairs and assigns himself the task of getting them out of the building in under an hour. It'll be pretty easy if they're not made of lead.

As he walks back to the elevator, he calls out to Deadpool, wherever he may be, and warns him "You have very little time until this place goes. If you want to help me move some scientists out, get in the elevator."

greenpotato
2013-07-25, 01:16 AM
Daredevil

Feeling the drugs overtaking her Daredevil rushes into the nearest alley and climbs into the nearest dumpster/pile of trash.

lord pringle
2013-07-28, 08:18 PM
[Deathstroke #1]
The second you push the timer the bomb goes off. The canisters explode firing a rapidly hardening goo. Make me a reflex save to avoid getting covered in the stuff.
[Daredevil #2]
The trash can provides you a nice place to case to pass out. Upon waking,you find yourself in the dump surrounded by the city's filth. A note has been placed on your body. It reads, "You did good." It is signed with a symbol of a bat.
[Starwind #2]
I'm just going to assume that you didn't do anything else important. The next day Nick Fury has released a press release. "The wanted criminal, Starwind has escaped our grasp once again. We will continue to focus our Gotham division's efforts on the Batman, but H.A.T.E. has said that they will take care of her." One of H.A.T.E.'s top agents, Lewis Lovhaug, also released a statement to the press. "While the main squad of H.A.T.E. may be busy, we have recruited three of our former members, Mokk, Kuurth, and Angrir, to form their own Starwind hunting squad, backed by H.A.T.E., naturally. If Starwind is watching this, I'd advise she turn herself in immediately, as we will do everything in our power to stop her "

Jack Arken
2013-07-28, 11:26 PM
Spellbinder walks in, closing the door behind him. He takes his time looking around the place for any information on his research while waiting for the good doctor to return.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-29, 12:15 AM
Deathstroke realizes his mistake too late. I should have known it was rigged!

I hope you mean dodge. Area effects give a dodge resistance check.
DODGE! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4152047/)

lord pringle
2013-07-29, 12:57 AM
[Spellbinder #2]
The office is mostly paper free, with a few files on various inmates power sets. Most of the information appears to be on a secured laptop.
[Deathstroke #1]
You are stuck to a wall. Deadpool is similarly stuck. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4152088/) A television monitor descends from a ceiling panel. "Well, Mr. Wilson, you were a hard man to catch." A voice says.

Batpope Scott
2013-07-29, 01:59 AM
Is my mouth covered? Additionally, can I see and recognize who is talking to me?

Deathstroke remains silent as he stares at the screen with a modicum of contempt and curiosity. He waits before struggling. I want answers and I've only just found someone who knows what's going on.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-29, 03:02 AM
Starwind

If there is one thing teenagers know how to do is to surf the internet for useless trivia. Kara is no different; she goes to an internet cafe, pays a dollar for half an hour's surfing, and gets the list of publicly registered satellites from Wikipedia. Smiling, she studies the list then the skies above for a moment or two. Then she buys a large number of cheap sticky labels that students tend to use and gets to work.

With a vision as good as a typical telescope and being able to fly at great speeds, getting to any satellite is easy - the list was just to see which sats were legit. Knowing what to leave untouched, she gets to work; smashing into a Lexcorp sat every few seconds with the force of a train wreck. In a few minutes there are far less Lexcorp sats than they used to be. That done, she goes for all those sats not registered into the public record; spy sats, SHIELD and military networks and the occasional private interest. In every camera she sees on them she sticks one of her stickers right at the center; a sticker saying "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS"

greenpotato
2013-07-29, 09:55 PM
Daredevil

Daredevil discretely leaves the rubbish dump and finds somewhere secluded to change out of her costume back into normal attire. Once back in plain clothes she makes her way back to her home, wondering what excuse she would tell her boss about not turning up for work..

lord pringle
2013-07-30, 01:30 AM
[Deathstroke #2]
You can talk freely, but the screen is completely blank. The voice is not familiar. "Not talking? Mr. Deadpool, can you confirm his presence?"
"Yes, sir!"
"Good. Now, Slade, may I call you that, you now full well how much damage you did to our company. A retrieval team will be here shortly to get you."
[Starwind #2]
You effectively manage to take out a crap ton of satellites.
[Daredevil #2]
Are you planning to do anything other working until nighttime?

Batpope Scott
2013-07-30, 04:29 AM
"I know enough to say that you want something from me or else that would have been a real bomb." Slade quietly tests his strength against the goo, seeing if there's even a chance of escape.

lord pringle
2013-07-31, 01:18 AM
[Deathstroke #2]
"Clever, but wrong. We know that you have some way to heal yourself. We couldn't take the risk that you might survive and escape,so we captured you." You could break through, but it would be difficult.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-31, 09:09 PM
Starwind

Returning from her excursion against Lexcorp's space assets, Kara looks down at the city to see if there is any response to her actions from the Big Four or SHIELD. Of course, she can't really scan the entire city in any detail so she takes a peek at various buildings owned by the Big Four to note if any obviously superhero-related action is taking place...

Batpope Scott
2013-08-01, 12:03 AM
"Then what? Tests? Reconditioning?" Deathstroke struggles against the goo, trying his hardest to break it. I hope this guy keeps talking. He might hear me otherwise.

lord pringle
2013-08-01, 02:07 AM
[Deathstroke #2]
"Well, I imagine we'd try to reverse engineer your powers, then kill you, burn you, and bury your ashes in four unmarked graves in various parts of the world. Just in case you thought of regenerating." Roll me a strength check to break out of the goo.
[Starwind #2]
You spot a man in large grey power armor chasing after a man wearing a ski mask and carrying a purse.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-01, 09:00 AM
Deathstroke actually laughs at that. "I've been hunted before, but the vampire treatment is a new one."

Strength Check. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4156331/) well, that could have gone better. Btw, it's a 9 because I'm using extra effort. With all the fun that brings.

Jack Arken
2013-08-01, 09:34 AM
Spellbinder opens the laptop and starts working to unlock it. Shouldn't be too hard.

Take 10 + 16=26

lord pringle
2013-08-01, 03:38 PM
[Deathstroke #2]
"Better safe than sorry, I always say." Do you want to spend a hero point on that roll?
[Spellbinder #2]
You are in the system. What are you looking for?

Batpope Scott
2013-08-01, 04:22 PM
"Most days I would agree."

Yes, yes I would.

*sigh* (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4157012/)

lord pringle
2013-08-01, 06:25 PM
[Deathstroke #2]
You struggle and manage to break through the goo. Deadpool shouts, "He's getting away!"

Batpope Scott
2013-08-01, 08:57 PM
Dashing away, Deathstroke pulls out his grapple gun and comments "Never underestimate your opponent." before he commits to jumping out of a window.

Upon exiting the window, he lets himself fall for a moment before trying to swing away with the grapple gun. He intends to land in an alley a few blocks down and escape into the sewer to lose any pursuers. He'll then find his way towards the docks, to find an empty warehouse to hide out in.

lord pringle
2013-08-04, 01:36 AM
[Deathstroke #2]
You dart out of the building. A couple of people are getting out of an armored car when they seem to react to something coming in on their headsets. They pull guns and run after you. Make a stealth check, please.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-04, 03:19 AM
Corporate goons. They're brave to think they could stop me.

Stealth (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4160498/)

Jack Arken
2013-08-04, 05:14 PM
Spellbinder is of course looking for Dr. Thomas's most recent research and any violations of human rights etcetera. If he finds anything of note he would copy and save the research data to sell later. Also he would look into any of his recent emails for interesting conversations then he would email his law breaking research to all of his contacts including the prison's warden.

lord pringle
2013-08-05, 11:50 PM
[Deathstroke #2]
The goons don't seem to notice your flight into the warehouse. How long are you waiting in there?
[Spellbinder #2]
Most of the emails are pretty well disguised as normal research. Looking through the files reveals a lot of immoral testing with forced shape shifting. People were turned into sludge, sand and various other things. Notably, the people were all minor criminals.

Batpope Scott
2013-08-06, 05:12 AM
Slade is hiding up in the rafters taking a brief fifteen minute rest before he tries to sneak out and find a place to hide out for the night.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-08-06, 03:10 PM
Starwind

The young blonde flies down to the chase scene and gives the two guys there her best cheerleader smile. Hey boys, what's up? She is either oblivious to the chase taking place as she floats next to them or she's reserving judgement until she knows more about the situation.

lord pringle
2013-08-08, 12:01 AM
[Starwind #2]
The man in grey power armor stops and looks at you. "Are you Starwind?" He asks you.
[Deathstroke #2]
As you exit the warehouse, you see two goons still looking for you. They have rifles holstered but not drawn.
[Agent 13 #1]
You receive a message on your radio. "Agent 13, come in. A prototype ring has been stolen. Its recovery beacon has been traced to the Gotham City police department. Please recover it at all costs. Do you copy, Agent 13?"
[Nova #1]
You're patrolling at sunset when someone fires a shot at you. It misses you, seemingly intentionally. Make me a perception check to see where the shot is coming from.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-08-08, 02:26 AM
Starwind

Yes I am. the young blonde says. What is it to you?

OOC:
Kara is not stupid. She raises a gravity field around herself that will block enemy attacks. Currently, 30 pp into tactile gravitics, 20 pp into her flight. (max speed is 4 miles per action)

Batpope Scott
2013-08-08, 02:58 AM
Are they within arm's reach of one another? How far away are they?

BananaPhone
2013-08-08, 05:50 AM
Perception check:1d20+8=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4166167/)

Buwh
2013-08-08, 03:09 PM
Agent 13

"Copy." Agent 13 replied, the green energy already flowing around her as she lifted into the sky. The white suit she wore was standard issue for field agents of her high rank, and the green of the ring's energy seemed to contrast nicely.

"Gotham, eh?" She questioned, still in contact with her handler. "Probably some tech-thief, I wouldn't doubt that the local 'powerhouse of industry' had a hand in this." Sharon cleared her thought as she continued to hurtle through the air. "Off the record, of course."

The gears in her mind turned and ticked onward as the mystery twisted insie her. "Gotham police are notoriously corrupt." Agent 13 said distastefully as she finally touched down in front of the station. "Better go see what I can do. Agent 13, out." Her lithe form graced the entrance of the prescient maybe drawing some looks. The woman in white was soon by the desk and had her badge out.

The woman in white was soon by the desk and had her badge out.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent. Why don't you start by telling me everything you know about stolen prototype technology?"

Intimidation: [roll0]

Jack Arken
2013-08-09, 09:34 AM
Spellbinder shook his head, doesn't he know criminals are people too? Ah well his generosity was quickly dissipating and he felt he had better things to do. He had planned on making the Doctor suffer, but being apprehended by the police and sent to Blackgate would be a fitting punishment. He was sure his former patients would have their fun in due time, meanwhile he had work to do. Still invisible he made his way out of the prison with the stolen data and incriminating evidence.

When outside he would call up his handler at Wayne Enterprises. "So, did you decide yet? I'm getting bored and might just start taking offers." He said making his way down the street, some passerby looking around for the source of the voice.

lord pringle
2013-08-10, 06:26 PM
[Deathstroke #2]
The two guards are within reach of each other but half a block away.
[Starwind #2]
The guy grabs a hammer from an indent on the side of his leg, and says "You're under arrest." The hammer vibrates a bit and then you need to make me a fortitude save.
[Nova #1]
A person in thin red and black power armor is lying prone and trying to attack you with a sniper rifle. He has a sign that reads, "Surrender peacefully and you will be less hurt unharmed."
[Agent 13 #1]
The cop is freaked out, "I-I don't know anything about that!" He stammers. Someone notices you and starts shouting. "No! No ****ing way are we dealing with another ****ing fed! I have had it with super ****ing thugs and their ****ing handlers!" Another cop walks up to her and starts trying to calm her down. She brushes him off and moving toward you. "What the hell is it that's goddamn important that you can't go over our heads like the other feds do?"
[Spellbinder #2]
The guy on the other line picks up after three rings. "We have given thought to your deal. We will give you a grand total of 950,000$ if you do one more job for us." It's a different voice than usual.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-08-10, 11:05 PM
Starwind

Behind her (invisible) gravity bubble, the young blonde frowns.

OOC:
The attack hits Starwind's gravity bubble. Does this attack have the "affects objects" modifier? If not, the shield simply shrugs it off (objects are immune to normal fortitude effects). If yes, the shield's fortitude defense is always a 0 so calculate results accordingly. I'll wait for the results before posting further.

BananaPhone
2013-08-11, 01:15 AM
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh483/tempestII/N1_zpsddc62adf.jpg Nova

The wind carried Nova's blue cape in a billowing plume as she temporarily stalled her flight, the bullet whizzing past her figure and drawing her attention over to the prone figure on the ground.

Inside her helmet, the heroine narrowed her eyes when she read the sign, before giving the surrounding area a once over. Her vision warped into something resembling an X-ray readout before she darted to the rear of the prone sniper, placing herself and several buildings between them.

ooc:
Nova is taking an Insight roll 1d20+7=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4170110/), in conjunction with her "x-ray" vision (Penetrates concealment and extend vision if needed) to look for the mechanisms of the obvious trap: clearly they want her just to swoop down her.

After taking that she'll use the remainder of her move action to dart out of sight and around to a building behind them.

Jack Arken
2013-08-11, 01:53 PM
"Hmph, depends on the job. And who are you? I don't think we've met." He walked past an alley where a man in power armor and a woman were standing. Now Gotham was a weirdness magnet but the woman was definitely floating, he was sure he had seen that outfit on the news somewhere. He decided to stop and watch.