PDA

View Full Version : No Saves For the Divine

Feilith
2013-06-16, 07:58 PM
Ok, so I'm playing a rogue/favored soul, and I was looking into a way to deliver spells through melee attacks and I found it (smiting spell phbII) but when I started looking through the clr spell list I noticed an issue, ALL of the inflict and other damaging spells give the opponent a save. Multiclassing from rogue made Wis the dump stat, so my save DCs are bad.

Any idea's of Clr spells that don't offer a save and deal damage?

I'm only going to 4th lv spells so that's where the casting progression stops

Dessembrae
2013-06-16, 08:08 PM
I've always thought it was dumb that Favoured Souls get bonus spells based on Cha, need Cha to cast spells, and yet use Wis for spell DCs..

Anyways, most of the spells I can think of that would be really fun to deliver via an attack require a save, to be honest. If I were you I'd use your precious spells known on buffs, especially if you're only going up to 4th level spells.

SciChronic
2013-06-16, 08:23 PM
you could cast debuffs through your weapon making it either easier for subsequent hits to land or for you to take less damage.

imagine landing a hold person as you swat them with a mace, free coup de grace next round, or it buys you time to divert your attention elsewhere.

TaiLiu
2013-06-16, 08:25 PM
imagine landing a hold person as you swat them with a mace, free coup de grace next round, or it buys you time to divert your attention elsewhere.
The problem is that with Wisdom as a dump stat, the save DC is too low, and thus unreliable.

Piggy Knowles
2013-06-16, 08:33 PM
Shivering Touch is hard to beat. 3d6 Dex damage, no save, plus SA as negative energy damage.