PDA

View Full Version : Odd visual Bug in Windows 8?

Togath
2013-06-16, 08:04 PM
starting last night/early this morning, I noticed a weird bug when displaying the forums.
I took a screenshot at the time, with the errors circled.
I'm using the Current Version of Firefox, and windows 8.
The clock on my laptop is two hours fast, so it was approx 4:49am pst when I first saw it.

Screenshot in case I missed any oddities;
http://imageshack.us/a/img442/1570/qple.png
I can't tell whether this is at my end, or the forums end, hence why I made this thread.. anyone have any ideas what might be causing the appearance bug?

inuyasha
2013-06-16, 08:24 PM
Yeah Ive seen that happen here, Ive just never really thought of it (I use an old Emac so its not your computer ;D)

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-06-16, 08:43 PM
I can't tell whether this is at my end, or the forums end, hence why I made this thread.. anyone have any ideas what might be causing the appearance bug?

That can sometimes happen if your browser is zoomed out to a resolution that the forum software doesn't like. Try zooming in (Ctrl-+ or Ctrl-Shift-= will do it) once or twice and see if that fixes it.

Rawhide
2013-06-17, 07:03 AM
That's usually due to zooming. Try resetting your zoom level, which you can do in the menu or with a keyboard combo (usually Ctrl-0 or Command-0).

Avilan the Grey
2013-06-18, 03:12 AM
That's usually due to zooming. Try resetting your zoom level, which you can do in the menu or with a keyboard combo (usually Ctrl-0 or Command-0).

Yes, I was going to say that. I have only seen it on my phone, where for obvious reasons things are zoomed this way or that.