PDA

View Full Version : The Anit-Hawkeye Intiative

Vknight
2013-06-16, 10:53 PM
Check out the Hawkeye Initiative.
Its all about making it so females are not in stupid poses.
Problem the idiots who draw stuff are either bad artists, don't get the pose, and just draw it cause sexy girl now sexy guy... and other stupidity.

The principle of showing off why certain poses, stances are stupid is good.
Showing the sexism that happens in comics is also good.
Being idiots and failing is not.

So today I call for the Anti-Hawkeye Initiative. Take the awesome and cool poses that guys do and put a female super in them instead!

Why?
Because though the Hawkeye initiative is a great idea, the people making the art sometimes pick these really cool character pieces or poses what have you and draw Hawkeye.
Its obviously not for the whole anti-sexism its just to draw a good looking male instead of female in the pose. It does not contribute to the stated goal of showing these stupid poses that look ridiculous when applied to a male character its just so the artist can say look at his butt.

As such why not do something about it and since there is no shortage of awesome stuff in comics lets take some awesome thing a males doing and change it out for a female hero.

What & Why
-Show that female supers can be doing the same cool things as their male counterparts without being over the top sexy
-Lets artists draw female supers in things besides what artists keep putting them in
-Show too the comics industry another side of the same coin
-Because I've seen a few images that were honestly good poses that someone thought were good examples for the Hawkeye initiative.
-I hate Hawkeye

This is the Hawkeye test
“… This leads me to propose the Hawkeye Test. If your female character can be replaced by Hawkeye in the same pose without looking silly or stupid, then it’s acceptable and probably non sexist. If you can’t, then just forget about it.”

Simple? So what are we doing.

The Test
Replace the male character in the same pose with a female character. Without doing what comics have a tendency to do with female characters. And show that those same characters often in bad poses can look suitably epic, feminine, sexy what have you, well not being a wacky inflatable flailing arm flailing tube man.

Contribute with your own art and or suggestions.

Rules.
#1) Forums Rules
#2) You can change a female supers costume, to make it more practical. Wonderwoman in pants. But keep in mind the character in question.
Rogue needs to be able to touch people with her hands.
Batgirl and other martial artists need to be able to move without flapping clothing
Powergirl likes to show off.
If you would explain why or how you came up with your costume changes though that would help
#3) Link to the original image then your version
#4) Your art does not need to be good.
#5) This is not a place to debate female super costumes. That is another issue all in its own ballpark.
#6) Nor is it to debate Marvel vs. DC
#7) You can talk about the Hawkeye Intiative all you want. I don't care just no flame wars
#8) We can talk about hero's, powers, and all that fun jazz.