PDA

View Full Version : Thri-Kreen a Gish Beast?

Maginomicon
2013-06-17, 02:05 AM
A thri-kreen (2 RHD +2 LA with four 1d4 claws and a 1d4 bite) 6th level Sorc with a strength of 14 can cast Blood Wind (1st), Bull's Strength (2nd), and Girallon's Blessing (3rd).

He casts Bull's Strength and Girallon's Blessing on himself pre-combat (the Girallon's Blessing only gives him 2 more claw attacks since his primary arms are already claws).

Each round of combat, he casts Blood Wind as a swift on himself, and then full-attacks from up to 100 feet away.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but assuming each claw hits vs the target's AC (such as by him taking Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus: Claw, casting Extended Wraithstrike, etc.)... that's a 1st-level spell each round at CL 6 that does a total of 7d4+28 + the rake for another 2d4+6 damage (an average of 56~57 damage)... every round.

Admittedly, in his case this is of a 10th-level party (2 RHD +2 LA +6 Sorc levels), but... dayum. All that from a 1st-level spell each round?

CRtwenty
2013-06-17, 02:16 AM
Being that outside of combat the character in question is a giant Preying Mantis Chewbacca I'd say it's a pretty fair toss up. That and the mental image of a multi armed bug man flailing energy beams in the air makes me laugh.