PDA

View Full Version : Pls help make my Plant companion for druid

DrkMagusX
2013-06-17, 02:28 AM
I will be playing a warforged in the forgotten realm campaign that is a druid going for landforged. He has ties to treants and pays tribute and honors them with various trinkets he wears. It looks like he is moving towards starting with the plant side of nature before the animal side or mixture of both. What I m trying to do is construct him a plant like companion that is unique and well balanced. I have look at the one in Dragon 357 and those from Paizo Advanced Race Guide under Treesinger. I can't find any good descriptions for those in the ARG. So I decide I make my own. I figure I use the wolf as a bases for power and such cause I do not want it to be ill balanced. I am reaching out to the community for help and suggestions.

Thank you for any help I know we have one of the best communities here.

Norin
2013-06-17, 03:36 AM
Sounds like you are mixing up a bit of everything here (Warforged in FR + Paizo material ++).

So how about adding "greenbound" template to your animal companion? As per the template you add to your summons with the feat Greenbound Summoning from Lost Empires Of Faerūn? Guessing it requires a bit of houseruling/dm help though?

DrkMagusX
2013-06-17, 11:51 AM
Greenbound seems really over powered.

I was thinking of something that is like a tree/bush that grows to mimic types of prey. Like one that is a wolf like plant. Thorns would grow in place of claws and teeth and the body would be a mixture of vine and wood.

It be a wolf with the plant type.

I dabbled through ideas just looking for something that adds uniqueness so I m not picking the wolf or riding dog like everyone else.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-17, 12:02 PM
What level are you starting at? At higher levels, maybe a (lesser) battlebriar (MMIII)?

If lower, ask your DM if you could apply the Topiary template (also MMIII) to a standard animal companion (or count it as a -3 druid levels?)