PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Craft Cursed Items

Addi
2013-06-17, 03:55 AM
Hello Everyone!
I tried this one in the "Simple Q&A" thread, but it seems to be no simple question. I hope you can help me on this.:smallsmile:

Is it possible to craft cursed items in Pathfinder?
and

How would you do it?

The main problem is that there is neither a price nor a requirement given in the item description.
The SRD says, that "Cursed items are almost never made intentionally." But I have the necessary intentions.

I see several options here.
The one according to RAW is to craft the uncursed "base" item and intentionally fail the craft check. The result will be a random cursed magic item, I guess. Is it possible to influence the outcome of this random item generation?

The second option is to ask the DM, if I can apply the 3.5 rules on this one. This might work for some items.

My last option is that one of you playgrounders can come up with something brilliant.

Just as additional information - I want to craft them because they can come in handy to screw with opponents(Loadstone), protect your magic shop(Bag of devouring), pimp the defense of your homebase(Helm of opposite Alignment + random evil monster), et cetera.