PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] PrC for Shar Cleric

giovaneduca
2013-06-17, 04:25 AM
Hello!
I'm here for some suggestion for one of my player.
She's playing a 9th lvl Shar cleric and she ask me info about PrC. I suggested her the SHadow Adept but she didn't like too much and she gone to Divine Seeker.
I don't think is a good choice because of the casterl level loss, so there is nice PrC for a Shar Cleric?

Jeff the Green
2013-06-17, 04:31 AM
If there's a domain she doesn't have but wants (Cavern is nice) Contemplative from Complete Divine is nice.

Amiria
2013-06-17, 08:49 AM
The Nightcloak from the Complete Divine Web Enhancement could be interesting. Skill and Feat requirements are a bit 'meh', but it hath full casting and thematically fitting abilities.

Darrin
2013-06-17, 12:01 PM
The Nightcloak from the Complete Divine Web Enhancement could be interesting.

The Nightcloak was originally printed in Faiths & Pantheons as a PrC specifically dedicated to Shar. The 3.0 version actually has more Shar-specific class abilities, so it's probably preferable over the Complete Divine version.

Feralventas
2013-06-17, 01:42 PM
Tome of Magic's base classes tend to be a bit weaker, but the Shadow Magic PrC's might be worth looking into.
>Child of Night: -1 caster level, gain Darkvision and sustenance and stealth bonuses.
>Master of Shadow: -1 caster level, gain Shadow Elemental Familliar and boosts its abilities.

Vaz
2013-06-17, 02:55 PM
I don't think is a good choice because of the casterl level loss, so there is nice PrC for a Shar Cleric?

This is CharOp advice; if a caster wants to rule the world, they need 9th level spells and they need to be able to beat any opposed caster level check, like Spell Resistance, and to increase duration, damage, and all other caster level dependant abilities.

As a 5 level class, despite the lost spell levels, the Caster level is offset by Practised Spellcaster, so they can still get their spells to hit home and have lost only a single Caster Level.

You could try taking levels in Stoneblessed and become a Gnome friend to take Shadowcraft Mage (only 3 caster levels dropped so can still cast 9ths and Practised Spellcaster picks up the slack). Fits well with Shar and the Shadow Weave. Alternatively, if you want your player to be slightly more optimized waive the requirements for it to be Gnome, and use that it's a cabal of Shar member.