PDA

View Full Version : Nations game IC Act II

drack
2013-06-17, 08:07 AM
rweird

Behind the Fool a curtain of pure white light rippling in the wind like an enormous sheet splits across the northern sky. This strange light carries with it a faint breeze bearing the smell of pomegranate and roses along with the genital feel of spring. As you watch from behind the walls you see a citadel adorned with thousands of flags, with one of an eye of houris, largest of all, flying freely on the central poll. From above the structure would appear decagonal, but from an angle it appears hexagonal, surrounded by millions of dancing golden lights that even at this distance you can identify as the spell.

In an instant all hell breaks loose as everyone in the market runs, and everyone on the walls do much the same relaying orders and running to complete them. Soon the Forebeaer steps from a Gate hundreds of feet above the city, and projecting his voice to the people. "Be at peace my people! Our time has come!" With that he conjures another gateway and advances to the next district as some cheer, and others wail their sorrows and woes.

Greenpotato

The time is at hand. The great black cube slips through the gate. On the other side an ocean stretches endlessly before you, your men marching into it's tides. Somehow the cube manages to flail it's legs in some semblance of swimming ahead of them. Meanwhile you see another nation of walks flounder as a third with ships sails smoothly in. High above the Bearer's fortress floats.

Raunchel

Your people march through the gate rank and file, only to find lapping waves under their feet where there should have been firm land. Around you you notice a large black cube with thousands of legs floundering to stay afloat. Above a large floating citadel belonging to the Bearer floats, and around your men sail hundreds of ships each floating Shan's Symbol.

Togo

Relief floods your veins as the smell of saltwater hits you, and the ocean embraces your fleet. Around you you see fellow colonies from the Empire march through the gateway into the oceans, along with a massive black cube with thousands of legs, each now thrashing wildly to keep from sinking. Above you see the floating Citidal of the bearer.

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 08:50 AM
Inside the cube
On the bridge of the cube the captains eager smile is wiped away as they splash down. "****, what is the depth here!?" He shouts at various other crew around the chamber and they hastily begin operating various devices to check how far below them the ocean falls.

From out of a arrow slit the princess peers eagerly, she gives the fool an exited squeeze on his shoulder. "Our work begins" she squeaks to no response from her dreary companion.

Questions for Drack:
-How deep is the water directly below the cube?
-Can we see land?
-If so how far away is it?
-We know the other armies and forces around us are allies right?(kinda obvious but just making sure)

drack
2013-06-17, 09:03 AM
green

Depth: several knots
Land: there is a small group of island in the distance many miles away. (west)
Other armies: whoops, forgot to mention in PM that you lot are starting together, and can interact. So yes.

Togo

Forgot to mention. You also notice several ships nearby that are not a part of your fleet.

Raunchel
2013-06-17, 09:05 AM
Theresia von Halbein allows herself a smile when her warriors march into the ocean. They allow themselves to sink to the bottom, dragged down by the weight of their bodies. Deep below she can make out her home, the keep that has been the home of the Order for these last few years. It goes down towards the ocean floor. Theresia gives a signal and the dragons spread out, looking for clues about their surroundings.

drack
2013-06-17, 09:10 AM
Raunchel

The decent is slow and as you sink you notice many large fish as well as several native Koa-Toa fleeing before you with their own watery screams.

guess I'll see if you want to do anything about that before I go on. :smalltongue:

Raunchel
2013-06-17, 09:39 AM
Drack
When theresia sees the creatures she gives a signal and a group of dragons dives into the water, to capture prisoners for questioning and to refill the prison cells.

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 09:54 AM
In the water.
Realizing the water is too deep for the cube word is quickly passed up the command chain and the Fool casts a wall of force beneath the cube to prevent it sinking. Autopassing the spellcraft to extend it.

drack
2013-06-17, 09:55 AM
Raunchel

The Koa Toa or the fish? :smalltongue:

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 10:10 AM
In the water
The fool then uses greater planar binding to call a leonal and give it the following command:
"Move with this cube, placing walls of force in front of it horizontally due west as a bridge until it reaches the islands visible to the west"
Drack:
DC 45 will save to resist
Once that is done the cube will crawl on it's narrow bridge of force off to the west (at a speed of 1 mile/hour)

Raunchel
2013-06-17, 10:20 AM
DrackBoth of course, we have no idea what all these creatures are and maybe the fish can actually talk.

rweird
2013-06-17, 11:43 AM
drack:
I assume I should continue here.

Vilgon will go to the Forebearer. "Could you introduce me to the other leaders. Our people know what coming to a new world is like, and feel that we could make the transition smoother for them."

Where exactly did the gate open?

The Mage of Dawn sees that the Fool probably knows best, or is to persistent to be persuaded otherwise. Using his force of will, he pulls the energy into him.

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 05:26 PM
In the open
The princess leaves the cube and flies up into the sky, hovering a few hundred feet above it she observes it's steady progress and keeps an eye on her peoples ships that bob around it.
She looks off towards each of the other distinct groups and waves in the general direction of each.

Togo
2013-06-17, 06:54 PM
Festooned with sails dart nimbly through the water. Above the slow forms of zepplins drift through sky, while nimble elemental airships dart below them, the tell-tale ring of elemental fire driving them forward.

From the deck of one of the elemental airships, a small group gather. A huge figure, clad in smooth black armour under a volumous hooded robe is accompanied by smartly dressed dwarves with sheilds and large axes, and a few scattered smaller figures swathed in heavy robes. Ahead of him, a tall muscular man in a blue leather tunic and long golden hair, leans on the rail and looks down at the throng.

Hah, we guessed right!

He glances to his right.

But... not everyone was so lucky, your highness. If everything goes to plan we'll see if we can help. In the meantime, we'll probably be heading to those islands.

He raises his voice. Can someone bring me my speech!

As he speaks, several of the faster ships and airship head outwards, forming a perimeter. A medium sized vessel, carrying humans and horses and what looks like gigantic blades, 30' long, strapped down flat against each side of the ship, moves closer to the other arrivals, seeing if they need any assistance. An airship rises towards the floating citadel, to better hear the words of the Forebearer.

Any idea who the other ships belong to? At least one small ship will get close enough to get an idea of who is on board. The crew have a telescope. Get the fleet organised and heading towards the islands as the nearest landfall, but we're alert for any instructions.

Also, unload the marine cavelry. They're heavy, and we might need the space.

rweird
2013-06-17, 06:57 PM
drack:
From your earlier fluff, I presume the gate opened over the entire northern edge of the world, if so, then my nation would probably notice. I'd kind of like to know that to interact with them before they reach my islands. Or did it open on the edge of the sea by Kanedith (sp?)?

drack
2013-06-17, 07:22 PM
green

It rolls a 2, so save failed. Meanwhile the cube manages to step from the water onto the invisible walls of force. Though for future reference
"The caster can form the wall into a flat, vertical plane whose area is up to one 10-foot square per level. The wall must be continuous and unbroken when formed. If its surface is broken by any object or creature, the spell fails. "
wall of force doesn't really do horizontal, so commonly there has to be a gravity change or something for that...

Raunchel

OK, I suppose I should ask how you intend to catch them before I proceed with this... :smalltongue:

Green&Togo

you notice Raunchel's whole nation sinks under the water by the weight of their heavy armor without even bothering to resist.

Rweird

Vilgon

The Forebearer informs him that it would have been ideal had he thought of that before the moment at hand, and that no he must quell fear before making a formal report. Perhaps tomorrow.

A chat with a Blacksmith

The power floods you overwriting past experiences, and leaving the hairpin as a goofy looking piece of metal. "Vary well then. Show me what it is that you think the power you seek to be."

Within the city

Some people claim to have seen a speck on the water off to the east below the structure that you could see over the wall.

Gate location: Personally you can't really see from where you're standing though I figure your cohorts and such notice.

All

The curtain of light vanishes just as suddenly as it appeared leaving the world looking dark even in full day.

Where moments ago a curtain of light so bright it might hurt the eyes to stair too long, now an endless darkness at the end of the world waits, ready to devour all who step into it.

Togo

:smallsigh: Let me guess, you get e-mail updates where you don't see spoilers... Well try to avoid reading posts for others where you can. The Forebearer is halfway across the world at the moment :smalltongue: the Bearer is within his floating island.

As your people approach the white ships they turn and begin to sail away. Their crew looks a bit mangy, either mercenaries, pirates, or the militia of some ill mannered folk by the look of them.

rweird
2013-06-17, 07:33 PM
drack:
My nation is 10 miles in the air, I think we'd see whatever there is if it is the edge of the world if I could be seen from Kandelith, and we'd go to observe it. You still haven't explained where "there" is.

Was the darkness always there?

Vilgon:
"I understand." Leaving to seek out the new arrivals.

Blacksmith:
"A Wish, Miracle, or Plane Shift of some sort, though knowing of the involvement of both you and others, I presume something more... divine is required. Mayhap divinity infusing the spell, mayhap something more direct, like Alter Reality."

City:
What city? Mine, the one I'm in?

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 07:43 PM
In the open
The Princess sees the approaching human crewed vessel and quickly flies down, beaming at the offer of help that the vessels crew offers.
Description:
A bizzare mix of woman and octopus (stands?) before you, with a lower body consisting of eight powerful tentacles and the upper body that of a healthy young human woman. Her frame is muscular and young and covered in intricate red tattoos that contrast the blues and greens of her exposed flesh. A long wave of dark green hair flows well past her waist and compounds the impression of a healthy, happy young woman.. octopus... thing...
"I greet you in the light of Shan fellow pilgrims, I am Alsha Zalannalua. Thankyou for your offer of help. Our cube is designed as a coastal craft and the depth here is far too great for it to survive, thankfully a short term solution has been found and we make our way for those islands in the distance and the shallow waters that surely surround them"

Drack:
my bad man, it was getting pretty late when I typed that up and I was in panic mode that the cube was going to sink to the bottom and get crushed :smallfrown:
possible solution:
A second casting on a vertical plane to create 'tracks'?
Btw, the horizon on earth is like 3 miles on the surface but with elevation of a crows nest you can see something like double that.

drack
2013-06-17, 08:07 PM
rweird

City being your nation, near the edge of the world. I say speck because your nation as a whole I'm assuming can't make out shapes well at 50-100 miles.

Blacksmith:

"You think it is but a spell? Perhaps ou are more a fool then I took you for."

The darkness was there. In truth it's just the astral plane, so it's not even a total darkness, though it seems much more profound after it was just a blaring light. :smalltongue:

Green

No prob mate, In honestly I had only thought to reduce its speed as a result of the water :smalltongue: That and make it in trouble after a few days. After all weak limbs don't support giant rocks. Anywho just thought I'd point it out as a next time thing. :smallbiggrin:

Tracks: sure

This world seems to be vary flat letting you see much farther. You estimate sixty or seventy miles to shore. Also at around what distance do you think those better at it can discern shapes nearly as large as an island with direct line of sight, and identify them in, say, the sky. Question is half mechanical (spot), half fluff (attentiveness and eyesight of the species) in nature.

rweird
2013-06-17, 08:11 PM
drack:
Vilgon will teleport towards it with 4 outsider squads (appears to be him and 100 hound archons in robes supported by the wind). Do I find the other players out there?

Also, is the Castle of the Bearer around there, or Kandelith, and is the Bearer the same as the Forebearer?

Blacksmith:
"Divinity, no, though the reason I seek divinity is to do such. Do you mean divinity itself?"

Will update sheet tomorrow.

drack
2013-06-17, 09:02 PM
Rweird

You find a wall of force supporting a massive black cube that seems to have sprouted hundreds of legs. Many men are floundering in the water. Asie from that a navy of ships and a small fleet of zeppelins lie in a deference formation about them. (Feel free to include Togo and Green.)

Castle of the bearer? :smallconfused:

blacksmith

Indeed. Unless it were a spell you sought...

Togo&Green

A an accompanied by a hundred hound arcons appear out of thin air above your nations. (spellcraft reveals teleport) It's rweird, so feel free.

Also green don't forget your marching men still in the water.

greenpotato
2013-06-17, 09:48 PM
In the open:
The Princess looks up at the new arrivals
"Greetings friends!" she yells up at them with a genuine smile.

Beneath the water
The Fool quickly moves back inside the cube at the arrival of the archons. His twins take his place outside the cube and move to lie in wait directly beneath the cloud of archons.

Drack
They can all swim rather well and are simply following the cube as of now. It should take us 2-3 days to get to those islands.

Raunchel
2013-06-18, 01:26 AM
Drack
I would say that the dragons dive into the water, grabbing creatures. These would then be brought back to the keep for interrogation. Nothing overly complicated.

rweird
2013-06-18, 05:51 AM
In the Open:

A four winged man stands on the sky around the Archons, he wears a dull grey robe, carries a staff, and seems blurry and indistinct, as if he wasn't completely there.

"Greets new arrivals. I am Lord Valthrin of the High Council. We hail from the islands to the south you are approaching. Are you in need of assistance in reaching land?"

Question for Drack: How far is this from the islands?

Drack:
How big is the massive cube, hundreds of feet, thousands?

Also, could Mass Epic Teleport effect objects (as in move the fleet)?

"Divinity is complex, it gives great knowledge and powers over many things. It in a way, is a tool, like any other, magic, a blade, the tools of a craftsman, It can be used in may ways depending on the intent of the one with it."

greenpotato
2013-06-18, 06:40 AM
In the open

"What a pleasure to meet you Lord Valthrin, I am Alsha Zalannalua and I greet you in the light of Shan. How wonderful of you to come out and meet us, and thankyou for the offer but do not require help, it fills me with hope for this world that the first gesture of it's people would be one of generosity" She says with a massive smile splitting her youthful face.
"It's so fantastic that you are here to greet us, I hope we can become fast friends"

rweird
2013-06-18, 11:38 AM
"Welcome Alsha Zalannalua, it is a pleasure to meet you." Valthrin smiles too, "I come to make the transition to this world easier. We have worked with your Forebearer in disaster relief efforts before, and are doing so currently. Until you can establish a more permanent residence, we welcome you to our islands. Do you have a map or any foreknowledge of this world?"

Togo
2013-06-18, 12:41 PM
In the open, on the deck of a small flying ship

You see? the golden-haired man mutters under his breath. We're having fun already.

He raises his voice. With your permission, your highness, it's probably time for you to get back under cover.

As the black armoured figure starts to move back into the depths of the vessel, a primly dressed dwarf emerges, stepping around the royal party. He carries a rolled up parchment in one hand, and a leather parasol in the other, rimmed with pink tassels.

There you are. We need to catch those white ships, 22nd, 23rd and 17th squadrons to intercept. Is Ak'Narim available?

The dwarf shakes his head. No sir, he's at lunch.

Lunch? Oh.. ew.. yes ok, we'll send the Ribald the Lysander, and the Charybacked up with the Tiff. Yes, I know, but they look fast. Ak'Narim can send his transports over to help whoever those people are in the water. Maybe we can fish out a few thousand of them.

He pauses to look over the chaotic, crowded sea.

Well, every little helps. Meanwhile I'd better go talk to those people

You have a speech to make Sir.

The speech will have to wait for a moment. We're busy.

Yes sir, but the committee insist that the speech is made first, sir. This is a great moment in history. The trade council has nominated Ms. Vine as their acting liaison for...

Mirriam Vine! We want to great them in the name of the Basalt Throne, not get a good price on salt fish! I should do it.

He leans out and raises his arm in signal.

The committee was more familiar with Ms Vine, and more comfortable with...

My old boot is comfortable and familiar, but I don't send it out to negotiate!

This vessel is carrying High King Tibalt, and can not be placed into danger. And you have a speech.

I know, I know. He backs away from the rail and takes the proferred document.

Let's see. In the genesis of every great endeavour, in the birth of every... This this is twenty pages long!

The dwarf shrugs.Everyone wanted their own paragraph, and it was felt that - you're counting sir, why are you counting?

He grins two.. one.. See you! Dropping the speech, he sprints for the rail. Vaulting over it, he lands on the prow and keeps running. For a single moment, he is balanced on the end of the narrow beam, looking down, and then, he jumps, his scarlet cloak fluttering the breeze as he plunges down from the deck of the flying ship.

The dwarf moves to the rail in time to see him land on the foredeck of another elemental airship, roll, and rise to his feet in a single graceful motion. From the way he is pointing and waving, the dwarf can guess he's already giving orders. Sure enough, the airship breaks formation, and starts to rise.

The dwarf carefully picks up the scroll from the deck, and moves to the rail.

In the genesis of every great endeavour.. he reads, softly but firmly, the wind whipping away his words into the sunlight sky of the new world.

DM
Sending out wingships (light surface ships) out to intercept the strange vessels, and backing them up with elemental airships. I'm hoping no one will think they can outrun obviously magical flying ships. Meanwhile I'm trying to pick up anyone left in the sea with some of the slower vessels. I don't have that much room though.

Just to complete the scene, aren't we talking about enough people to fill the area from horizon to horizon? And has the sudden arrival of them and their equipment falling into the water started a massive tidal wave?

drack
2013-06-18, 05:12 PM
Raunchel

OK.

The large fish easily slip away, though the Koa-Toa are captured, with the exception of one that teleports away when it saw your dragons.

Rweird

60-70 miles

Epic telepot: no

Cube: dunno off hand, ask them :smalltongue:

"A tool you say? As you will. You must travel deep into the former abode of Izeldus, and claim the ancient ring. Careful that you pick the ring that bears the head of the most foolish of all." With that you find yourself facing a bewildered blacksmith. "What... what am I doing here? Why is everyone so excited??"

The surface

Meanwhile three foreign (well native actually), ships with white painted hulls attempt to outdistance some pursuing air ships from the new nation.

rweird
2013-06-18, 05:41 PM
Lord Valthrin calls out to the nations of the Eye: "The white ships some of you pursue belong to The White Fleet of Jonas, the greatest of pirate lords. Know who you'd declare war on before you continue."

Drack:
"Nations of the Eye of Shan have just arrived."

Probably shouldn't do this, but teleporting above highest peak of the halls and descending.

greenpotato
2013-06-18, 06:47 PM
In the open
"No, we do not have any map of this world or any foreknowledge"
She begins, but at mention of war her happy smile turns to concerned frown;
"Oh no, you misunderstand, violence is the last thing we want. All problems can be resolved by the glorious light of Shan"

rweird
2013-06-18, 07:11 PM
It is Lord Valthrin's turn to frown as you mention Shan being able to resolve all problems, though it quickly passes.

"I mentioned it as a fact, nothing more, nothing less. I am glad you do not immediately seek violent resolution. We could provide some information about this world."

Raunchel
2013-06-19, 02:39 AM
Drack
The Kuo-Toa are brought to the castle, where they are put in chains and brought to the prison cells. Each of them is put into a different small cell. Livilla von Halbein approaches one of them. She wears a green dres set with emeralds and her face is hidden by a golden mask, with large emeralds in the place where her eyes would have been. Her feathered wings are folded behind her back and she wears white silk gloves. She says: "I am Livilla, I bring the purifying light of Shan, so, tell me, creature, who are you? Who do you serve and what is their strength."

In the Open
Theresia von Halbein flies her dragon towards the meeting. She steps from the great beast and unfolds her magnificent wings. She is covered from head to toe in a suit of gilded armor, and her face is covered by a mask showing angelic features. In the place of its eyes there are two large emeralds. She lands next to the princess, giving a brief bow while Thabella circles overhead. She then introduces herself: "I greet you in the light of Shan. May its presence infuse all in this world. I am Theresia von Halbein, Grand Master of the Order of the Emerald Heart and lady-consort of Marchioness Livilla."

Togo
2013-06-19, 06:10 AM
With a soft crackling and the odd arc of fire, an airship rises to meet the growing gathering. On the foredeck stands a tall middle aged lady with a weatherbeaten face, sharp, angular features below a headband made of coloured beads, and a long fall of white-silver hair bound into a ponytail by a single clasp made of copper wire, and shaped into a butterfly. The rest of her features are hidden by a fine green silk robe with delicate shell buttons, over which she is wearing a set of heavy furs crudely stitched together with leather thongs, and hanging open in tribute to the heat. On her belt a delicate oriental knife can be seen, in a sheath of inlaid wood and lacquer, while on her back a jagged two handed axe with a blackwood handle and a dull iron head crosses a longbow made of strips of wood and bone, and long crudely carved bone harpoon.

She steps up to the rail, spits casually over the ride, and looks up at the assembled fliers, squnting against the glare of the sun.

Hi. Mirriam Vine. May you walk in the light of Shan and all that. She gives a vague wave. Anyone know where we are? More to the point, anyone know who lives on those islands over there and what they'd say to... her eyes flick out to the ships, winged shapes and struggling swiming bodies cover the sea from horizon to horizon... well over a million very damp new arrivals?

Behind her, on the sea, some of the largest ships have started throwing out lines and trying to help the swimmers out of the water.

All
How big is that cube?

Drack
I'm hoping that the boats and airships I sent out after the white ships are notabally faster than they are. If not, try and work out what the configuration of those white vessels is.

rweird
2013-06-19, 06:32 AM
In the Open

"Hail Theresia von Halbein. Welcome Mirriam Vine. You are in the northernmost sea of this world. I am Lord Valthrin of the High Council.

"The island is of my people, though we would welcome you, and we could transport the people there in a matter of seconds, though the spell would bring nothing that can't be carried along, though some of those things could be brought by other means. You will be able to set up a more permanent residence soon. Do you wish for us to do so?"

OoC:
What type of dragon is Theresia riding? I presume the dragon is the one you refer to as "Thabella."

Drack:
Detaching my tower and making it float free in the air of my nation, my druids are preparing to move it.

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 06:47 AM
All
The Cube is 320ish feet to a side, 320ish feet tall, with a 50ft tall tower sticking out of each corner

Togo
Three physically similar creatures to Alsha, catch up to your pursuit airships and land on them. "Greetings in the light of Shan brothers, our curiosity leads us to also pursure the fleeing ships, perhaps we can be of some assistance in any resolution when you catch up with them?"

Raunchel
2013-06-19, 06:49 AM
Theresia replies: "There is no need for you to use your magic.
If it does not offend you the army of the Order would march towards your lands over the seabed, and they cannot abandon the keep in a world that we no so little about."

Thabella the dragon makes another pass over the ship, the enormous creature's golden scales glitter in the sunlight.

rweird
2013-06-19, 06:58 AM
In the Open

"Those could be brought along too, it just would require a separate spell to move them, though if you're sure, I understand that too. Now, for you to learn more about this world, should I bring the information here?"

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 07:54 AM
In the open.
"Here seems like a great place. Please, I will have a table brought up onto the roof of my cube, we can speak there and it would be a fantastic place to place maps and the like" Alsha says with a smile while indicating the roof of the black cube as it waddles along through the water.

drack
2013-06-19, 08:27 AM
rweird

This'll probably take a day and a half IC, after which you can assume you emerge exhausted as it'll probably take longer to RP. :smalltongue:

As you descend, your touch-sight warns you of a large swarm of bats below, numbering in the tens of millions, circling about the top of the halls.

Raunchel

One of the Koa toa, a slimly built man with a calm rough voice, garbed in more seashell clothing then the others speaks up. "I am Foroz of the great Koa Toa Empire. State your business, why do you invade our lands and take us captive."

Togo
2013-06-19, 08:31 AM
In the Open:

Mirriam shrugs, and then shouts some orders at the crew. The language is technically common, but the thick seaborn accent takes some unravelling. The dwarvern crew leap into action, the ring of crackling fire surrounding the ship flexes, and the airship starts to drift over to the waddling cube. Dwarved by the enormous size of this construct, the ship seems like child's toy in comparison. It pulls up near one of the towers.

Green
Which boat are your people landing on? The Airships have a base move of 140feet, and the wingships (small light sea-going ships with unsually large numbers of sails) are if anything slightly faster. If you can catch them, then let me know which you want to land on. Otherwise you might be better off aiming at the Tiff, the largest boat in the group, with a base move of 90feet.

Also, what's this cube thing made of? Iron? Unobtanium?

rweird
2013-06-19, 08:31 AM
In the Open

"Very well, I shall have the information brought as soon as we can collect it." Valthrin vanishes and reappears on top of the cube, for hound archons in purple robes appearing around him. Lord Valthrin closes his eyes for a moment, and then around him, and two maps appear, each some 50 ft long. If you have true seeing or a decent will save (+20 or higher means natural 1 is required to fail), you recognize them as illusionary, though quite informative.

Spellcraft DC 18:
The archons used a Major Image SLA to conjure these maps.

Maps (sorry they're out of date, I'd ):
Terrain
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/sensenman/map11.jpg

Nations
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5825/mapdr.jpg

Lord Valthrin waits for the others to gather before continuing, appearing to be listening to something, though no-one says anything.

EDIT: Drack:
I guess I'll teleport 400 ft intervals down through the bats, flying down some 600 ft every round, so 14000 ft/minute, assuming nothing mauls me or I take damage, in which case I'd do something else to stop me from being eaten.

As for time, I think it very well would be longer than that, or shorter depending on my luck, and other occurrences.

drack
2013-06-19, 08:45 AM
Togo

Two of the ships are captured, the third seems to have a mage on board generating it's own wind, and pushing back the wind behind it. (the three were not sailing together, they just happened to all be in the area when you popped in.)

rweird

Roll initiative. I think I'm gonna go look for a co-GM again. Too many encounters and stating things... :smalltongue:

rweird
2013-06-19, 08:48 AM
drack:
1d20b1+84 I forgot b1 and modifiers we're compatible.

Rolled the other place, got a 2 and 16, so 100.

Good luck finding a co-DM.

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 08:49 AM
On the roof of the cube
Alsha flies over and begins to study the maps. "Hmmmm, so we are somewhere here in the northern hemisphere?" (pointing to the islands with no nation over them, top middle, near the white fleet area)

Togo
I meant the faster craft you sent to pursue the fleeing white fleet ships re this quote from drack"Meanwhile three foreign (well native actually), ships with white painted hulls attempt to outdistance some pursuing air ships from the new nation." and yes, they move much quicker than your boats, 350+ swim speed.

They intend to land on the fastest of the pursuit craft and speak to whomever is in charge/at hand.

The cube is made of black stone, nothing special.

rweird
2013-06-19, 08:52 AM
On the roof of the cube

"Yes, those islands is were our nation is, you are some 60 or 70 miles further north." (I presume you mean the islands above the Empire of the Dark Light, to which I am referring).

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 08:58 AM
On the roof of the cube.

"How wonderful! This world is so full of people ready to be brought into the light of Shan, look at all the nations, people everywhere. We must be in the territory of this 'white fleet' now. What can you tell me about them?"

Togo
2013-06-19, 09:29 AM
Mirriam trudges over, her worn and heavy boots finding pruchase on the black stone of the cube. Upon reaching the map, she looks thoughtful, her fingers lingering on a section of the south coast, west of the great inlet, and south of the abandoned halls of Izeldus. Her fingers then walk east, along the south coast, and then up the east coat, and then over to the islands in the north. She counts up the fingerspans, and frowns.

If we're going to go anywhere that isn't already claimed, then we'll either have work out something with the White Fleet, or sail halfway around the world.

She scowls, the action whitening a scar along her jawbone.

Does anyone else have a destination in mind? The nearby islands are marked as uninhabited, but you lay claim to them Lord Valthrin?

Green
(That's fast! Nifty...)

The squid-headed creatures land on the deck of an airship, to be confronted by a squad of rather nervous-looking dwarves, dressed in banded mail and carrying longbows. They are leaner and slighter than normal dwarves, and some of their features could even be described as graceful or delicate. They each have an axe and a sheild on their backs, and are carrying bottles, pouches, packs, satchels and so on. Clearly this is a group that believesin preparing for every contingency, and that preparation consists of having the right tool for the job. Certainly their equipment looks very well made. Several of them have the slightly dishevelled look of people in warm clothing thrust into a tropical climate.

To one side of the front deck, a ballista is mounted on a rotating platform, looking almost like a sidecar, and manned by more dwarves. There are far more dwarves here than are needed to fly the airship - in fact it's really very crowded, and it becomes obvious when you step on board that the ship is in fact dangerously overloaded, with equipment and dwarves stuffed into every available space.

A dwarf steps foward, clutching a telescope in one hand.

Ah... Friend or foe?

rweird
2013-06-19, 11:05 AM
"We arrived in this world just recently ourselves, and the maps of the world are not up to date. You are nearby the territory of the White Fleet, and I believe they are expanding to find more targets to raid. I will tell you some of the important things first, and then answer your questions.

"This world has some unusual characteristics, most importantly, it is temporally isolated from all... or almost all other worlds, before a single second passes on the material plane, a hundred thousand years shall pass here. Demiplanes created still would make you in temporal stasis relative to here, though creating demiplanes inside this plane possible, though I must say that we have't tried to do so.

"The Dark Storm is a dangerous place, the ambassadors I sent there died before they had a chance to speak, and there is no known government, only elementals tearing around the place. The Giaid forest is ancient, and equally, if not more deadly. I know that some Devastation Vermin sleep beneath it, messengers and scouts entering and above it from my people have met there end, though we managed to enter and revive them unimpeded, though I know not whether this was by fortune or they knew our strength. We managed to revive those that fell in the Dark Storm as well.

"Then there is the halls. The Fool goes lightly where angels fear to tread in the Hall of Izeldus, they were abandoned by Izeldus the Draconic King some 200,000 year ago, though the Halls are far from empty, no more than a month ago, a nation of over two million entered the halls, and each and every one of them perished within the day. Avoid it, it is the most dangerous place in this world. Those within the halls seldom venture out, and in the fog await the return of the king, or news of Izeldus's death.

"A nation under the halls protection dwells beneath our islands, we live here under the agreement that they to not venture to the surface, as they never have before, and we do not venture underground, you are welcome so long as you too do not venture beneath the earth on these islands.

"To make this agreement, our most powerful entered the halls and managed to survive from negotiations, without being attacked by anything more than vampire spawn and bats.

"Now to answer your questions. Jonas is a pirate lord who came to power several years ago after a Koa-Toa nation overthrew his predecessor, Glen, leaving him in command of the fleet that was not at Glen's hideout at the time of the attack. Jonas's ships rule the northern sea, and raid all they can find, though few nations border his realm that he can reach or dares to raid now. He has an island home nearby the Giaid forest with at least 10,000 pirates and some 200 ships as of yesterday, and I estimate at least 200 more ships between the Giaid and Canidius."

At this point, Valthrin stops to see if anyone has any questions so far.

Togo
2013-06-19, 12:00 PM
Mirriam frowns.

While I do not doubt your words, nor do I understand them. As I am used to the universe, the prime material is the world and everything in it, and it partakes of the inner and outer planes. If there is no elemental plane of fire, nor of water, then how do such elements survive here, and how do elementals, such as the Dark Storm you describe, flourish? How does one contact beneficient deities, or celestial beings such as those that surround you, if they experience their end of the connection as moving so much slower than your own? Are there no ghosts or undead here, shorn as they would be from the ethereal and negative planes?

She bites her lip, her eyebrows knitting together.

What you describe is almost like a ship in a bottle, yet might it not be the case that there are local versions of the various planes in the bottle also, unconnected to the rest of the multiverse? For if not then... Hm... Ak'Narim must be told of this. And there is a small faction of ours that will howl to hear of such limits, and test them anyway. Is... is that likely to be dangerous?

drack
We'll keep half the pursuit squads to interrogate the captured ships, try and work out who they are, and get any information we can out of them. Treat them as nicely as is practical - we'll probably be letting them go afterwards. Do they have any prisoners of their own?

The rest will go after the mage's ship. My own ships also use magic to fill their sails and explicitly ignore headwinds however created, and the airships don't use wind at all, instead relying for motive force on giant rings of fire. So I'm hoping we'll catch him too, even if his boat is faster than the others.

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 06:53 PM
"So, if we would set up here it is without doubt that this Jonas person would send ships to attack my people? This is something I will not abide. I must go and speak with this Jonas and show him the path of light" Alsha looks a little cross. "Pirates disgust me, my forebears have had the task of enlightening them in the past and I have heard terrible stories of their practices towards my ancestors children"

Togo
Three woman, human from the waist up, octopus from the waist down;
"Friends of course brother, we greet you in the light of Shan and offer what help we can in the name of the people of the Zalannalua. We seek to aid you in catching the fleeing white ships and any resolution that may be required."

Togo
2013-06-19, 08:30 PM
Green
There's a lot of discussion at this. Eventually, the dwarf with the telescope steps forth.

Ultimtately, we're all on the same side, and we both want to find out about these white ships. If these ladies of the ah... Zalany Newer?.. want to help, then there's no reason why we can form an alliance. ah.. with this ship that is. I can't speak for the rest of the fleet, let alone the kingdom.

He steps forward again, offering his hand out in a slightly upward direction.

The situation is this. We've captured two ships and doubtless they'll be talking to the crew, but this last ship is faster, and has some kind of magic worker on it, playing with the wind. He might be able to other things as well. So we need to capture the ship, or at least parlay with it, without panicking them so much that they try and make a fight of it.

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 08:39 PM
Togo
One of the octopus things shakes the offered hand. "Very well, if speed is an issue perhaps we could fly ahead and ask them to stop so that we may talk with them?"
Another adds;
"How fast are they going? We can move more than five times greater than this vessels current pace"

rweird
2013-06-19, 10:08 PM
"The gods could grant a mortal's spells 1000 times/second of there time as easily as once in a hundred years, The gods are still are aware of this plane. Parts of the Astral and plane of shadow co-exist with this plane, and it has its own ethereal version. Elemental planes and outer planes are in stasis relative to us, why elementals dwell in the Dark Storm I do not know, the less than warm welcome discouraged further contact.

"I fail to see your reason behind the inability for ghosts, undead, and elementals to exist here, they survive in planes with dead magic, and in dimensionally locked areas, why should time be any different. The other planes exist, this is a demiplane, and we do not know the reason of its creation, it is in the Deep Astral, beyond the outer plane. This plane is connected just as any other to the others in all ways save for time.

In your universe, could not a sufficiently powerful wizard make a plane where weeks pass there in seconds upon the material plane. In your universe, are elementals and undead incapable of existence. As for your argument that they should be, why wouldn't we be equally incapable, as tied to the positive energy plane? All these exist, though why, I do not know, I can tell only fact, not the mind of those who live hundreds of thousands of years before I was born and this plane was ever known to my people.

"Ghost and undead exist, as do elementals, deities can answer our questions and grant spells, though they do not like many questions all posed in a short period of time. They can learn of this plane and grant spells as easily as to any other. Outsiders are rare to my knowledge, though can be called or summoned as easily as elsewhere, though once the return, next to no time passed, and they tend to be ignorant of affairs here. Few from other planes know anything of this one.

Who is this Ak'Narim you speak of?"

Valthrin turns to Alsha. "I do not know the mind of any other than myself, there is always room for doubt, though I personally think it is unlikely he will turn from his pirate ways. Jonas seems to be able to perfectly rationalize his actions, and fault a farmer for buying land depriving another to the same extent a pirate who robs from the land is. His men seem mainly accepting of piracy too, though I wish you luck.

"He may attack, he may not, I do not believe he is used to being rivaled in naval power, and do not know if he would try to make a truce, let you pass, or try to exterminate you. While I am of this world, I am far from omniscient."

OoC:
I reread this and saw parts of it didn't make sense, thats what I get for posting so late at night I suppose.

drack
2013-06-19, 11:22 PM
rweird

"and we do not know exactly where in the cosmology it fits" (Deep astrial, I mentioned it a few times in your groups threads before you guys started. Basically it's beyond the outer plains where some big stuff that the rest of the multiverse sort of forgot about, an where most don't return from wandering off to.)

Co-DM: thank ye. To be honest I feel more like I'm asking for a glorified epic player... :smalltongue: Still if nothing pops up soon I'll probably proceed. I'll admit I'm not the nicest GM to co-DM with... :smalltongue: Mostly because I think too much...

Togo
2013-06-22, 08:08 AM
Mirriam considers, a sour expression on her face.

So there is still connection to the other planes, although you report difficulties in actual travel. Maybe we can assist there. I will not claim superior knowledge, but we each have methods the other lacks.

Certainly you seem to have seen things I have not. To my knmowledge, no, a wizard could not create such a plane. To gather a demiplane from the stuff of the etheral, yes, and to form the physical enviroment within from the stuff of ether, of course. But to distort time in such a fashion would be well beyond what he could command, an entirely different form of magic.

Her mouth twitches, as if chewing on something.

Ak'Narim described extreme temporal distortion as a philosphical abstraction. As I understand it, that means that while planar traits can differ in many ways, extreme variations are unlikely. Planes with no magic at all, or one in which weeks passed for seconds, are theoretically possible, but that is not to say they ever occur in practice. So while special cases might exist, as you say, we are standing in one now, that doesn't mean that magic such as we weild can create them.

Of course, that was the case in the world we left, with the magic we know. Perhaps you have abilities that we do not, or maybe you are used to a more permissive, a more malleable world?

Ak'Narim is our.. most senior philosopher. Perhaps you two should meet, at some point when things are a little less hectic?

Of course we have certain devices...

At this point there is a whoop, and a figure with a fluttering red cloak and long blond hair lands on the end of a long rigging line, and slides down. As he reaches the cube, he gives a mighty leap, turns a summersault in mid air, and then lands with a soft thump. Straightening up, he advances with a wide smile across his face.

Greetings! I see you've already met Mirriam. Has she tried to sell you anything yet?

Canarius, we have things well in hand.

Nonsense, you're neglecing people shamefully. They haven't come all this way to stand on a stone cube and watch us all mill about in open ocean. Theresia, I am delighted and honoured to welcome such an august personage onto the deck of my vessel. Yours was the army that sank, ja?

Actually it's Alsha's vessel.

Details, details.

Maniac loon. She mutters quietly

Hag. He returns equitably. Ah, I see we have a map. He glances at it briefly. That should be very useful.

He throws his hands open wide.

So, here we are in a new world. What do we do now?

Green
Um.. Feel free. We want to be friendly, though, so be careful.

We should be catching them ourselves pretty soon.

Drack - we try and catch the other boat.

drack
2013-06-22, 08:21 AM
Togo&co with the white fleet

As stated, they are off at three different sides of your fleet. Two you manage to catch, though the third seems to have a mage well versed in wind magic, spurring his own ship while slowing his pursuers, and thus escaping.

greenpotato
2013-06-22, 08:29 AM
On top of the cube:

"Well, I'm thinking of paying a visit to a self style pirate king and letting him now how wonderful the light of Shan is" Alsha says to the flamboyant newcomer.

Togo & Drack
The three monsterous humanoids leap into the air and hurtle towards the fleeing white ship. (They fly at 950ft per move action so running is 3800ft, oh and they have freedom of movement in case that helps against the wind magic)

rweird
2013-06-22, 08:47 AM
On Top of the Cube

"We can travel to other planes, the the practical stasis compared to other planes means we are cautious to launch expeditions due to them being completely separated from us for thousands of years if the spells to protect them expire. I suppose me people possessed greater magic in this regard than yours do, though a plane such as this is far beyond our skill. This plane is no accident, that much I am sure of. Someone, or something created it, though we are not sure why."

Lord Valthrin smiled at the new arrival, nodding to acknowledge him. Turning to Alsha he speaks. "I wish you luck on that endeavor, though must confess I have my doubts. He dwells in a shack overlooking the sea at the edge of his fortress town, and island south of the Giaid."

Togo
2013-06-22, 10:40 AM
Drack

Togo&co with the white fleet
As stated, they are off at three different sides of your fleet. Two you manage to catch, though the third seems to have a mage well versed in wind magic, spurring his own ship while slowing his pursuers, and thus escaping.

As I stated:
The rest will go after the mage's ship. My own ships also use magic to fill their sails and explicitly ignore headwinds however created, and the airships don't use wind at all, instead relying for motive force on giant rings of fire. So I'm hoping we'll catch him too, even if his boat is faster than the others.

Given that all ships on both sides are spurred by magic, the sea-based pursuers are immune to the wind magic he's creating to try and slow them down, and my ships are faster than normal on top of that, I'm trying to see how he's getting away. I have telescopes, and some sharp people. Can I see how they're managing to outdistance me? If he's using a spell, can I see which one?

I can send more fast ships if necesary, but I really need to work out how he's getting away, so I can work on some kind of counter for the future.

drack
2013-06-22, 11:24 AM
Togo&green

Whoops. spells like control weather, gust of wind, I suppose if you're doing the same stuff he's likely to run out sooner.
I suppose at the end of the day you'd catch it, it'd just take a while. Mage would also toss up a wall of ice or two. I assume these wouldn't delay you much? And you could probably dissipate any solid fog?

Togo
2013-06-22, 04:11 PM
Drack & Green

Whoops. spells like control weather, gust of wind, I suppose if you're doing the same stuff he's likely to run out sooner.

Spells like control weather and gust of wind give you the maximal wind conditions. Everfull sails give you that all the time, and allows you to ignore other winds effects.

My ships are also twice as fast as normal, due to the materials in their construction. So if he has normal ships, then for as long as his spells last, he'll be able to travel at half our speed. :smallsmile:

Green's people appear to be considerably faster.

Mage would also toss up a wall of ice or two. I assume these wouldn't delay you much? And you could probably dissipate any solid fog?

Goodness no. That would work fine. I've sent 8 fast ships (and one slow one) to chase them. Say half have stayed with the other ships. The ships are crewed by 1st level experts, and are carrying human farseers (on the surface) and dwarvern heavy infantry (airships). There's noone in the pursuit force with more than one class level. So no resistance to solid fog, except trying to plow through it. I've have thought we could just steer around a wall of ice though, assuming it didn't just float away.

Of course we have 4 ships for them to deal with, and there's Green's ladies to deal with as well.

drack
2013-06-22, 04:50 PM
Green&togo

Hows bout you green? :smalltongue:

greenpotato
2013-06-23, 12:01 AM
Drack&togo
Um, with that quick movement rate they can go around ice walls and still be moving much much faster than any ship. They also have a continuous freedom of movement which lets them ignore solid fog.

Togo
2013-06-23, 05:05 AM
drackDoes the mage have enough spells to stop all four ships?

drack
2013-06-23, 06:30 AM
Togo&Green

He does have enough to stop all four, though Green's people catch up to it.

Togo
2013-06-23, 10:23 AM
Canary beams.

A visit? What a great idea! We can tell him all about us, about Shan, and about why more than million heavily armed people have turned up inside in territory they probably counted as theirs ten minutes ago. Maybe he'll even break out the best drinking horns and dancing girls. Could be a real party, ja?

He turns to Theresia.

You want to come? The more the merrier for a party. Bring the dragon too, if she's up for it?

He brings his head closer to Alsha's, and says in a confidential tone. I can probably pry loose a couple of barrels of this really great elven red we brought with us, for just this kind of occasion...

Meanwhile Mirriam seems more interested in Valthrin.

You've given us valuable information on several countries. Would you describe any of them as...

She takes a deep breath

Would describe any of them as evil?

drack
2013-06-23, 10:55 AM
On the cube.

A thin woman in loose white linens that reveal generous quantities of skin drops from the sky onto the cube. Golden tattoos of eyes cover every inch of her skin, further accented by her long white hair. It takes you a moment n fact to pick out which of those golden eyes are her actual eyes, a light amber by nature that appear almost golden them-self. Gracefully ignoring the natives she bows eloquently to each of the leaders of the new arrivals in turn before speaking, her golden tattoos starring knowingly at everything around her, yet not focusing on anything. The Forebearer has finished giving his report, and his lordship would like to toast our arrival while relaying this information. Am I to assume you can ll be in attendance in an hour? Several of thee eyes turn to fixate on Valthrin, as others take in the celestials behind him before she continues. "Will this be in attendance as well?"

Those of the Empire of Shan

You recognize the woman as one of the Bearer's eight personal attendants. Currently gossip among the Bearer's kitchen staff peg her as a secret lover as well since she is the one who dresses him each morning. She was a Chronicler of the Times as well before the library of the gods, a gift from the empire to an uneducated nation before the last war, was burned down. She later joined the Bearer in his conquests serving both as one of his advisers in the war before following him into this new world.

Raunchel

A heavily armored knight that you recognize as one of the Bearer's attendants appears underwater in a flash of light. Taking a deep breath the knight leans over to cough and sputter for a moment before resolving to hold his breath. Nimbly moving his muscular arms through the water as if it were air he signs that there will be a meeting, or feast above in an hours time, and asks if you will attend.

rweird
2013-06-23, 11:38 AM
"I would love to attend." Valthrin replies smiling."Would you permit another to attend with me?"

Turning to Mirriam, Valthrin replies "Good and evil are not absolute, though many among the white fleet are evil, not all are, the same would be so in every nation. I would think many members of the White Fleet as evil, along with several smaller nations, or parts of them, though there is no absolutely evil empire that oppresses nations."

drack:
Is this new woman completely unknown to this world, or would knowledge checks be able to tell me anything about her?

drack
2013-06-23, 11:51 AM
rweird

Unknown. :smalltongue:

Anywho I should probably be getting on with your encounter with bats ay?

Without warning thousands of produce flames strike you, causing the space to flair with light for a moment before your will overcomes the magic.

rweird
2013-06-23, 11:54 AM
drack:
I presume the bats fail to overcome my SR then? What does greater arcane sight/true seeing show about the bats?

What is the CL of those Flame Strikes (have an ability to figure out CL of spells, non-action)?

What about that Shanian (or whatever the word is) lady who asked if I would attend a toast response?

drack
2013-06-23, 12:07 PM
rweird

Yup, SR

Greater arcane sight reveals nothing on any of them, though the flame strikes were CL 1-5ish

rweird
2013-06-23, 12:44 PM
drack:
So the bats cast 4th or 5th level spells with a CL of 1-5? Greater Arcane Sight can reveal highest level spells cast-able?

How many Flame Strikes where there exactly?

What is the Shan person who asked if I would attend the toast's response?

greenpotato
2013-06-23, 07:30 PM
On top of the cube:
"Of course, I will be in attendance, but first I intend to quickly pay a visit to one of this worlds native peoples." Turning to Canary "If you wish to bring many enlightened to educate these pirates in the path of light that is your choice, although it has inspired me to take a small retinue of my own. If we want to be back for the party we should leave shortly" Her eyes close briefly and not long after a massive swarm of centipedes comes writhing up out of arrow slits in the cube to form a great mass which Alsha reaches out and touches with one hand while proffering the other to the assembled leaders "I leave eagerly to visit the pirate king now and will take any with me who wish to go" She begins to cast greater teleport...

Drack:

The three ladies that catch up with the ship attempt to land on it's deck and speak with whomever they find, preferably the wind mage if they can figure out who that is. "We bring the light of Shan to you sailor" One says with a smile.

Hey, really only for Drack okay:
the ladies are 3 body outside of body clones of Alsha and the centipedes are the 6 body outside body clones of Korlon in swarm shape

rweird
2013-06-23, 07:42 PM
"I believe I would be better suited to such a spell considering that I actually have more than a map of the world to guide me. If you wish to bring larger than a small group, and perhaps supplies, I could set up a temporary teleportation circle to take you, and others if you wish to bring a large number." Valthrin says quietly.

OoC:
How large are the centipede swarm? Teleport has a limit of 1+medium creature/3 CL, I presume it is large sized, as swarms are, or I could make a teleportation circle.

greenpotato
2013-06-23, 07:55 PM
Alsha abruptly stops casting, she looks a little taken aback. "Well, if you insist. Please, teleport me and my companions with as much haste as possible"

OoC
The swarm is 6 individual huge sized swarms occupying the same 15ft cube, Alsha is large sized

rweird
2013-06-23, 08:02 PM
Valthrin chants for maybe 5 seconds and a circle of runes appears briefly at his feet. A hound archon makes an illusion of them. "After you."

Spellcraft DC 24:
Cast teleportation circle.

drack
2013-06-23, 08:07 PM
rweird

Highest spell castable by bats: an individual, or all of them?

Flame strickes: how high over a thousand can you count in six seconds when counting torchlight approaching you from similar areas? :smalltongue:

on the black cube

Vary well, you have an hour, and yes our feast halls can fit however many of... those... you wish to bring. Still never looking at the native with her own eyes, she bows turning to see Canary & Theresia's response.

greenpotato
2013-06-23, 08:17 PM
Alsha and the swarm both move through the circle

rweird
2013-06-23, 09:37 PM
Valthrin follows.

Green, drack, and rweird:
The teleportation circle is to outside of Jonas's lodgings, the way the window faces. Drack, could you describe what we see or whatever?

Drack:
Bats: I think all within 100 ft of me, I have magic that'd tell me, and my character quite literally could memorize a massive wall of numbers, letters, and words perfectly that he only saw for half a second. I think he could count indefinitely high, arcane sight also would allow me to discern the number (I think) on me (all of them). I can identify each and every one of those spells with spellcraft. I don't think that counting would be a problem.

Just one creature's casting from Greater Arcane Sight.

FYI: Shady found this thread and is pissed I didn't show it to him, so if you don't want him to act on any of it.

We probably should have spoilered all of it.

Raunchel
2013-06-24, 04:50 AM
On top of the cube:

"I will gladly accompany you, Thabella also wishes to be present. There is much to learn and as a group we might be able to concince this pirate that he should bow to the Light of Shan."

In the Castle
"I will attend, but I must first dress for such an illustrous occasion. I will be there in an hour", Livilla answers, already thinking about her collection of dresses. She will have to wear something suitably impressive.

Togo
2013-06-24, 11:45 AM
On the cube
Canary briefly considers the wisdom of abandoning the entire fleet to its own devices on an alien world, and swanning off to a pirate party with a centipede lady and a masked dragon lady, that he's only just met. He grins.

Sure, why not?

He heads to the circle, calling over his shoulder

Hey Mir, you're in charge until I get back! Tell Tibalt that I've gone to look for pirates, and make sure someone is ready to greet the others at the most holy citadel - with luck I'll be too drunk to attend.

With a cheery wave he disappears into the Circle.

Mirriam Vine is silent for a moment, then takes a deep breath. she turns to the most recent arrival.

We are, of course, honoured at the invitation from his lordship, and will ensure someone suitable attends. She pauses, and then adds doubtfully Or Canary, if he's back in time.

She bows again to Valthran
You have been very hospitable to strangers, who came armed and in numbers, and with questions rather than answers.

rweird
2013-06-24, 11:54 AM
On the cube:
"We came armed and in numbers to an alien world with many questions and few answers not long ago. Some were hospitable to us and gave us answers. We naturally try to do the same for you, and hope that if we follow our hearts and act with compassion, even when the mind warns otherwise, then others will due the same and all will turn out for the best." As lord Valthrin steps through the circle, a hound archon in a white robe appears where he was. "This is our ambassador, he will answer further questions he calls."

The ambassador bows.

drack
2013-06-24, 12:36 PM
on the cube

The woman bow her acceptance before jumping, and sailing through the air back to the citidal.

Beyond the gate you emerge in a small wooden shack that doesn't really accompany you all, with an entire wall missing towards the open seas, allowing a view of sharp rocks below, the like of which any sailor would cringe to see. Otherwise the room is rather empty both of life and material possessions.

Raunchel

The knight nods before teleporting out in a similar flash of heavenly light.

rweird
2013-06-24, 12:43 PM
Jonas's Lodgings:
"I'm not sure where he is then, he may be off on his ship, or meeting with another elsewhere. Still, this is his fortress-island, and surely not all the pirates left."

Drack:
Any magic auras (detect magic), lingering or otherwise?

Also, you may have forgotten the bats.

Togo
2013-06-25, 10:19 AM
Jonas's Lodgings:Canary looks around the hut reprovingly.

This is not a party. This is an empty hut, and some rocks.

He steps out of the hut, avoiding the rocks, and looks around.

Maybe they're asleep. It's early yet, what, about noon? Far too early for a sensible pirate to be up and about.

Looking around, he adds.

Or he's moved. When was the last time you saw him?

rweird
2013-06-25, 10:22 AM
Jonas's Lodgings:
"Just yesterday, though his lodgings were spartan. There also is the rest of the island."

OoC: This is on the edge of his island with a bunch of other pirates too, or it was last time, unless he moved an island in the past day. I don't think drack made that clear.

Drack, is that so?

drack
2013-06-25, 11:12 AM
Jonas' hut

You detect no auras, and the rocks being about fifty feet below on the side of the island opposite the docks, where one could enjoy a more peaceful view of the sea, are quite simple to avoid within the hut. Across from the missing wall i a door leading out to the town.

rweird

Yes, though it's less about memorizing, more about counting. Most people would be too startled to think, I have you a good estimate. Highest spell eem to range from level 1-3, favoring 1. ~16495 casters total.

rweird
2013-06-25, 12:00 PM
drack:
Hmm... Ur-Priest bats or some such, which somehow can cast 4th level spells as 3rd-1st level spells. :smallconfused:

Seems legit.

"Repeatedly employing such tactics would be most unwise. I recommend you do not attempt to do so."

Continuing downwards.

greenpotato
2013-06-25, 07:59 PM
the hut
"Perhaps he is in the town somewhere?" Alsha says and she begins to make her way towards the settlement.

Drack
what's happening on the boat that my ladies caught up to?

Togo
2013-06-28, 03:10 PM
The hut

Canary shrugs. Maybe. He strides around the outside of the hut, making a complete circuit.

If he doesn't see anything useful, he joins the group heading towards the settlement.

drack
2013-07-05, 10:49 AM
rweird

Level 4 spells? :smallconfused: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/produceFlame.htm

Soon the bats begin swarming so thickly around you that you cannot push through.

At the hut you also recognize Jonas' shirt from earlier that day in the laundry

The hut

Outside you see people going about their buisness and a launder woman walking by with a basket of cloths.

At the three ships

Not sure, you doing anything beyond running up to them? :smalltongue:

rweird
2013-07-05, 11:06 AM
drack:
Ah, I thought you said Flame Strike, not Produce Flame (you said produce flame strike you, which I read as produce Flame Strikes on you). Sorry.

Wait, what? I can't push through a bunch of bats? Unless the bats have over +50 to resist Bull Rush I could just push my way through. From my calculations normal bats have -17 (bull rush is unclear to whether I could target multiple people, though only 1000 bats/5 ft square, and I think that I could push through 1000 strength 1 creatures pretty easily, I can push through a 5 ft thick wall with little effort).

Is it because they are abnormal bats that I cannot push through?

The Hut:
"The shirt he wore yesterday is in the laundry, I'd think he's out in the city."

greenpotato
2013-07-05, 05:43 PM
"Then lets find him." Alsha says "You there, washer woman!"

Drack:
[SPOILER]
The three ladies that catch up with the ship attempt to land on it's deck and speak with whomever they find, preferably the wind mage if they can figure out who that is. "We bring the light of Shan to you sailor" One says with a smile.

drack
2013-07-05, 05:52 PM
the hut
The woman turns startled. "Yes?"

rweird

Yes, several reasons that I figure together make it work. It seems to only be against single creature, sending that one rather far in such a case as this. While you probably could push back more, readied move actions would let more get in your way, and yes some of them are a touch stronger then normal. Mostly it's that more can move to maintain a solid wall though. :smalltongue:

rweird
2013-07-05, 06:19 PM
drack:
I suppose, the fact of the matter is that you can't get more than 100 bats in a square by RaW if you use squeezing rules, thats under 1 bat/square foot, hardly an impenetrable wall of Chiroptera, I suppose I'd just teleport past (if possible).

drack
2013-07-05, 06:38 PM
rweird

Well the trick being that you have to take separate actions to move them aside and to move yourself into the space, so in that gap more can fit the square. :smalltongue: Furthermore with bat swarm summoning an the like it's rather easy to fill a massive area with enough bats to shunt travelers out or into unpleasant areas. :smalltongue: (Yes,directly above the center o the halls seems to be bat-central.)

rweird
2013-07-05, 07:35 PM
drack:
Ghostform, then I try again.

Raunchel
2013-07-10, 08:01 AM
The hut
Theresia smiles at the washer woman and says: "Could you tell us where your master is?"

drack
2013-07-10, 09:10 AM
Rweird

You skip through the bats.

The Hut

"Um..." somewhat intimidated by all the exotic faces she mumbles something before repeating herself, audible this time. "He left a short while ago... That light..."

rweird
2013-07-10, 09:25 AM
drack:
Good, whats next?

The Hut:
"Do you know where he went?" Valthrin asks quietly and kindly, though observing the woman's reaction intently.

Drack:
Sense motive to discern if she is telling the truth: [roll0]

Sense Motive to read thoughts for her answer (auto succeed, DC=sense motive check bluff check to disguise thoughts): [roll1]

drack
2013-07-10, 11:34 AM
rweird

As you descend further, the bats now a semi-transparent mass of motion all around you, you notice sixty or so bats that you can't see through fluttering about below you.

the hut

The made looks uncertainly at each of your faces. "Nobody knows. They think... they think he's returned to his ship. At first he was just going to walk down the docks, but now..."

Those that make DC100 sense motive checks in their sleep

She seems to be telling the truth.

She also looks rather nervous, almost anxious now, as if she expects a sword or claw to rip it's way towards her at any moment. She is clearly not used too dealing with so many foreigners at once, and while she looks like she's be able on a ship or with a sword, she clearly acknowledges the disadvantage she's in. By the subtle shift of her shoulders you can tell that behind the large hamper, she is shifting her weight from one foot to the other as if suppressing the urge to run. When you speak the muscles in her face work towards an expression of fright, though she stop them before the expression fully forms as if by reflex as she doesn't show any of the slight exaggerations of contrary emotions that one might use to convince someone that the fear was fake. While she's not the best of liars, you can tell she has sufficient proficiency at it to fool most city guards.

rweird
2013-07-10, 11:45 AM
drack:
Continuing, though more warily now... Waiting to see what the bats do.

The Hut:
"Thank you." Valthrin says smiling, then stepping back for the others do continue questioning if they wish, though he seems to want to discuss something, he doesn't seem to want to do it in front of the woman.

Togo
2013-07-22, 05:51 PM
the hut

Canary wanders around a bit, picking up rocks, putting them down, balancing on a fencepole, and generally waiting for something to occur. Eventually he speaks.

So, he's not here. That means no party. Ha. Looks like business first then. Hey, lady, can you tell Jonas that invaders from another world stopped by, and want to have a chat? It may be connected with his missing boats, if he has any missing boats. There was some kind of fight starting when I left. And we can have a party later, if he wants a party. We could sort everything out before the party, but... how much fun would that be? You can tell how someone really feels if you get thoroughly drunk with them, and how he feels matters, you know? No point making treaty if his head's there but his heart is somewhere else, eh?

He tries again to balance the dusty garden cane he's picked up vertically on the palm of his hand. He does better than might be expected, but not by much. It falls over again. He stares at it, thinking.

So, I guess we go, for the moment. I'll send over a messanger, maybe an ambassador, assuming we have any left. Try not to give him a hard time, ok? A lot of our guys take it real personal when that happens, and I doubt we have any real reason to give eachother grief. I'd rather have the party.

He turns to the others.

If he's not here, then he's not here. I guess we have to go get changed for dinner. Pity.

He casts his eyes over the little cliff, the sea, the pleasant road down to town.

Nice place this. Ah well. Head back?

rweird
2013-07-27, 03:33 PM
Hut:
Valthrin motions the others back inside. Once inside he speaks. "I suppose we could return for the toast and send ambassadors later, though Jonas returning to his ship is quite something. Since he became pirate king, I do not believe he ever did. Some say that his ship is an artifact. Our attempts to locate it have failed."

drack
2013-08-23, 10:17 PM
The Party

At the massive flying structure countless flags that represent the nations beyond count under the rule of Shan, flutter in the harsh sea breeze below a massive flag of an eye. A clear path with a violet carpet leads to a single large rectangular door. A knight in glistening armor stands at the door casting a quickened and normal gate (one leading from the plane, and one at the other side same place to the inside), and as he does a personal gate instantly opens for each guest.

Assuming you pass through the gate

Within is a large table. To the one side, a woman with golden tatooed eyes all across her body and a simple white robe, a humanoid with a heavy scholor's outfit that conceals his/her face, and countless nonmagical scrolls about his/her/it's form, a man with no less then twenty bows slung across his back. On the other side a heavyset man with hexagonal brown plates growing from his body and heavy claws sits beside a man in a tall red robe who's leaning heavily on a staff. Beside the robed man is a dignified worldly looking man in a swan feather coat and fish-scale breeches, beside whom a pale faces man who stares forward with seemingly no concern for anything.

At the head of the table a tanned man in a simple linen gown with a large golden eye tattooed on his forehead leans forward to speak with an armored knight. About the knight you recognize the dancing lights about him at a glance, and can easily feel the over-brimming positive energy aura (heals 5hp/round), and an invisible allied snowsong effect (+4moral cha, ac, FH 1 cold resistance 15, +1d6 cold on melee attacks, probably won't matter) when/if you approach him. Bright white wings sprout from his back, though his face is obscured by the helmet.
Shan players

You recognize the knight as the Bearere of The Eye, and the man reporting to him as the Forebearer of the Eye. the others are the bearer's close supporters including the dwarf below.

In front of the table lies a heavy cage with a massive black form within riddled with tenticles, claws, limbs, all black and limber. All slumped upon the ground as if dead with massive burn holes all across it. An epic knowledge check easily reveals that the caged creature has been burned innumerable times with an intense flame, and has only survived due to a natural regeneration which will slowly resurrect it over the course of a few days. Occasionally it makes an alien noise from a mouth hidden somewhere in there.
Attempts to identify the type of creature

You're not sure. You're best guess is far realms critter, or something like ozodrin, evolutionist, pariah, ect

Natives of Shan

This is the beast that the Bearer is known to keep as an eternal reminder of the face of evil, the rampaging god that he singlehandedly subdued.

A dwarf in a white robe with a large eye embroidered in gold on it squints anxiously at the creature from the edge of the cave.

An ancient wolf rippled with hard muscles and scars, a fish-man bedecked in riches (koa-toa), a stone golem with an (intelligent item) amulet about it's neck, and a slim woman with a bloodied face chatting with a young treant already stand in attendance when you lot arrive.

rweird
2013-08-23, 11:00 PM
The Party:
Valthrin enters the gate, thanking the night, impressed by his display of magical might. He remains observant as he looks at the interior of the castle. He is again with the robed hound archons. One of them taps his mask and it vanishes (true seeing/see invisibility shows it though). Behind it is a serene face, the skin bronze and eyes white with golden pupils. The face has some wrinkles from age and the duties of leadership, though it seems to wear it well. Valthrin looks around for someone who seems to be in-charge or a designated guest greeter, but keeps his ears out for anything of interest.

Drack:
Knowledge on the dwarf, treant, wolf, fish-man, and slim woman, 86 (Arcana, Nature, Religion, Planes, Nobility & Royalty, Local), 55 on anything else.

What Thallagon knows from description, 99 on Lore. Not making other checks yet.

I presume Golem is from Stone Mountain and I wouldn't learn more than I already know.

I presume the others are from Shan-land.

Also, do any magical auras register on anyone/thing? (Already know about hallow, but there might be something else, likely on the cage, don't know what else there might be).

81 on Listen to hear what is being talked about.

drack
2013-08-23, 11:26 PM
party
Whoops typo, no dwarf :smalleek: Was counting to make sure I had everyone, and came one short because the knight was outside, so I had added another. :smalltongue:
Rweird

golem: yup

dwarf: above

wolf: important pack leader in the Gaiad who makes a good few diplomatic trips speaking for the head witch of the woods.

treant: likely diplomat for some governing body forming in the forest of Gi

fish-man: you're not really sure. Probably someone representing the koa toa

Slim woman: you would tentatively place her as human. Somehow though your instinct feels that's not quite it

And the rest you know nothing much about beyond recognizing the forebearer (chatting with the knight) and his followers serving wine.

rweird
2013-08-24, 06:56 AM
drack:
Though no-one is a designated greeter, and no-one is even whispering within 460 ft. of me?

Slim Woman: But I wouldn't know where she is from or who she represents? I personally would guess from the halls, though that is probably based more off of out of character knowledge of stuff than any in character reason.

Togo
2013-08-24, 06:06 PM
Before the gates there is a short queue of people, each taking their time to make an entrace. At the back is a small group that are clearly together. A small dapper dwarf in a brushed waistcoat with a bushy silver beard and a conical silver helmet is talking in a fierce whisper. Listening gravely is a cowled figure almost twice his height, wrapped head to toe in a volumous purple robe so deep in hue it might as well be black. Behind them is a small delegation of dwarfs and a single human, led by a dwarvern scribe carrying an impressive stack of papers, replete with ornate seals.

...where he might be, but it's just like him to not be here.

Patience, Snorri. The robed figure says in a rasping voice. Canary is useful to us precisely because he does not limit himself to normal rules.

Ha! He's useful because he's the High King Tibalt's hatchetman. He lacks basic manners! The only reason he's tolerated is becuase he...

It's because he terrifies people, right? The speaker, a human girl in her late teens near the back of the group of dwarves, wears a severe black uniform buttoned up to her base of her jaw with silver buttons, and tight black trousers with a silver line down each side. Over the top is a long brown military coat, with large shoulders and a long row of brass fasteners. It hangs open in tribute to the heat. She has pale skin, wide almond eyes, and long black hair bound up in a pony tail.

Snorri's bushy eyebrows rise. Eh, who are you girl?

The dwarvern scribe clears his throat. Miss Tahmar is a member of the Ebon Order, chosen by council decree through due appointment...

Snorri waves his hand.Oh, our Pariah. Good, good to see the old standards being upheld, unlike the basic courtesy of being on time!

The robed figure inclines what is presumably his head. He will come, when the time is right.

Snorri snorts. All very well T'loko, but that's right now! Look we're next to go in! Unless you think he's going to turn up at the last possible...

With a dreadful crash a blond figure streaks through the air from the direction of the balcony, hits the ground, bounces, and rolls a few times, to end up in a crumpled blackened heap at Snorri's feet. He gets unsteadily to his feel, shaking off the soot, and smacking his clothing where it is still smouldering.

..moment Snorri frowns. Canary, you're a mess.

Ya, but I'm here. As for mess, that is what hygiene spells are for. Muttering a few words, he passes one hand over his clothes, turning smoking torn fabric into freshly pressed clean cloth. His other arm is clutching a small cask, which he tosses to the scribe. Startled, the scribe catches it, but only by dropping the paper he was holding.

Keep a careful eye on that, will you? He passes his hands through his waist-length hair, leavining it clean and gleaming, and brushes himself down. He turns to face the front just it's their turn to enter the room.

Whatever Snorri was about to say is lost as the venerable dwarf instead fixes a prepared smile and steps forward, closely followed by the robed T'loko, and then the now immaculate Canary. After them come the dwarvern guards, in finest banded mail. The scribe trails behind, having managed to recover the fallen documents in record time, and Tahmar, with a rueful grin and glance behind them, brings up the rear.

Togo
2013-08-24, 06:14 PM
drack
These are all diplomatic notables of the Basalt delegation. How many would actually be let in entirely up to you.

Raunchel
2013-08-26, 10:13 AM
The Party
A girl enters. She wears a blue dress decorated with gold and emeralds, white gloves hide her hands and her face is kept from view with a silver mask showing an angel-like face, it even obscures her eyes. She has a pair of white-feathered wings which remain motionless. Theresia holds her hand, still dressed in her armour. Her face is hidden by a similar mask, although the features are different. The girl is the first of them to speak, both bow their heads in unity: "We wish to thank you for inviting us here on this most illustrous day. May the light grant the people of this world the ability to welcome it in their hearts."

drack
2013-08-26, 01:51 PM
Party:

Raunchel:
Is that a general to everyone, or to someone specific?
Togo:
Your procession of important people are mostly left to chat amongst themselves, meeting with the golem and fish man, though the scribe with the hidden face, and the man in the red robe slowly join in. (Lets say 10-20? they won't really limit you, and could probably work it to fit thousands if needed, though the invitation was meant for the official head.)
Rweird:
As you place all the faces the man with a quiver full of bows approaches you, standing rather tall for a human he speaks in a thick tongue through his ruddy red beard. "You a lordly prince or somein?"
As people begin to mill about and chat, a worm that walks, an ancient looking skeletal dragon, and a wild looking man in a flowing robe of dark bark stream in.

Raunchel
2013-08-26, 02:00 PM
PartyI was saying it to the bearer but I think that I forgot to put that in.

rweird
2013-08-26, 02:05 PM
drack:
Knowledge (same as before) on the worm (is it the one I met before?), skeletal dragon, and bark-robed man. 86 (Arcana, Nature, Religion, Planes, Nobility & Royalty, Local), 55 on anything else. 99 on Lore based off telepathic description.

Unanswered questions:

Also, do any magical auras register on anyone/thing? (Already know about hallow, but there might be something else, likely on the cage, don't know what else there might be).

81 on Listen to hear what is being talked about.

Party:
"Yes, I am the chosen representative of the nation above the islands closest to you, and on the ruling council. I am Vilgon Valthrin. May I inquire who you are?"

Togo
2013-08-26, 06:18 PM
Party
Snorri looks around, squares himself, and then heads for the golem.

I don't really know anyone here, can I inquire as to your name and function? he says politely. I am Snorri silverhelm he bobs his head and I am the chief diplomat for the Kingdom of the Basalt Throne. These... He turns to introduce the rest of the group, but most of them are no longer there. Canary is off to one side, chatting to one of the female waitstaff who probably would have been quite pretty back when she was still alive. The dwarvern scribe has hung well back out of some form of formal politeness, and the dwarvern guards have taken station by a wall, and are trying not to look nervous. The figure in the dark robe appears to be drifting over to talk to the fishman. That leaves the teenage girl in uniform.

Snorri barely hesitates. ... I mean this, is our Pariah, Miss Tahmar, of the Ebon Order. She gives a nervous grin, and bobs her head.

Meanwhile, the tall figure in the purple robe has drifted over to the KuoToa.

Forgive me, but in a place where we are all in ignorance, one is driven to seek a higher state. I am T'loko. Am I permitted to ask if you are here as a representative of some kind?

Drack
It would probably be obvious to the fishman that they share the same species

Canary finishes his chat with the waitress, and turns just in time to catch sight of Therea and her companion walk in. with a whirl he catches two goblets from a passing tray, and advances on them with a wolfish grin.

Theresia! I haven't seen you since we got back from our daring escapade on the Isle of the Pirate King! Who's your friend?

Seeing everyone else buried in conversation, the dwarvern scribe hangs back for a moment, before edging towards the scribe with the hidden face.

Excuse me, sir, but I have some courtesy documents. Do you know where I am expected to put them?

He lifts his stack of papers as if in explanation. The cask he was given earlier appears to have vanished.

All

These are all delegates from the Basalt Throne, one of the subgroups of the Shan arrivals.

None of these conversations are hard to overhear, or private, so anyone can join in if they want to.

None of the delegation from the Basalt Throne radiate magic at all.

Snorri is apparently a different type of dwarf from the others, being noticeably smaller (small creature) and more solidly built than the scribe and the guards. Both Canary and Tahmar are apparently human, and the robed figure can't easily be identified until you get close enough to see under the hood, which probably means actually talking to him.

rweird
2013-08-26, 07:00 PM
The Party:
The robed hound archons vanish as lord Valthrin dismisses them as a golden-red skinned man in a simple white robe with a emblem of a crown broken into five pieces, with the central piece holding a sunburst, the other pieces jewels missing suspending inside a gateway. A wind swirls around him. He moves into the crowd to get a feel for what is going on, seeming to move further with each stride than humanly possible.

Feel free for anyone to talk to him. He is another representative of my nation. He wouldn't radiate magic. A close observer would realize he is flying at ground level more than walking.

drack
2013-08-26, 07:36 PM
Party
Raunchel:
He accepts your courtesies with a graceful nod of his head, replying that he is honored to have you, and that the party would start when the rest of the guests have arrived.
Rweird:
A small smile creeps across his face as he boldly puts forth his arm to shake. "A pleasure then. I'm Crowthorn, best damn archer a little plane like this is like to see in a million years."
OOC:

Not coloring all the NPCs at the moment since I'll never keep the colors straight if I do.

Togo:
The golem's amulet loudly declairs the useless nature of names, and that it is a high ambassador, "on negotiator as fits the talk", of the "Stone Mountain". "The fiercest mercinaries in all the world."
The Koa toah shakes his gilled head in annoyance, anger plane on his face. "I am High Prince Amegala, and you take me as some mere representative? Are you the one that has captured some of my people? What do you intend to do with the children of Galeki? Sell them as slaves to some drow harlot?" At this he spits, a dry phlegmey glob of the same dark sappy substance that koa toa often coat their arms.
The Faceless scribe nods gravely understanding the importance of such things, calling a secured chest with various labeled compartments for legal and holy documents, sending the chest back when the dwarf has finished filing his forms.

rweird

Worm is indeed the one you've met before, wyrm vaguely reminds you of Harold, though it's not improbable for it to represent someone else, the hag, the source of the negative energy that caught the undead dragons that had been torching their own homeland, ect. The style of the robe looks much like what your spies claim to be the current style in the Id forest.

Answered questions:
Cage is nonmagical, though is constructed of a special material limiting transportation and magic use. I have mentioned all detectable auras.

Unanswered questions: I had assumed you meant in order to listen in on the "party" thread sub-conversations. The Forebearer is explaining the situation in the land your joint effort was led to save to the man at the head fo the table.

rweird
2013-08-26, 08:03 PM
Party:
"Well met Crowthorn. I am honored to make your acquaintance." Vilgon replies smiling and shaking Crowthorns hand.

Hearing angry voices, the white-robed man makes his way towards the golem, Kou toa, and tall purple robed man, trying to figure out the cause of the disturbance, and see if he could be of assistance.

drack:
Id forest? Do you mean Giaid? Interesting... Is he a male Hag? How do I know he's the source?

Answered: Okay, thanks. Just wanted to be sure.

Unanswered: Ah, I was more wondering what ms. Bloody-Face and those people were talking about (if anything besides small talk). Kind of to pick up on who they are (I presumed they previously knew each other).

Raunchel
2013-09-14, 09:16 AM
Party
Theresia turns towards Canary and replies: ”Please allow me to introduce my beloved wife Livilla, and Livilla, allow me to introduce my friend Canary.”

Livilla then makes a short bow. Her dress subtly changes colour. From behind her mask she says: “It is a great honour to meet you in the light of Shan, may it shine eternally throughout all that is. I hope that we will be granted the opportunity to build a strong and lasting friendship that allows us to illuminate the darkness. I must apologize for having to refuse to accept those drinks, but it is forbidden by the vows that I swore when I was young. I was terribly rash and made quite some dedications in those days, and it would be a terrible affront to break them after all these millennia.”

She speaks with a passion that is at odds with the frozen gold face that she wears, and her aura is one of the purest magic, and despite the claims of her age she sounds young. She continues: "But please also forgive me one more thing. There is someone here who wishes to speak urgent words to me."

Livilla turns away and walks towards the High Prince while Theresia stays with Canary. She says: "Don't worry, she does that sometimes, she isn't always very present and I wish to apologize for that. Now, please tell me how you've been since our grand adventure?"

Livilla meanwhile addresses the Kuo-Toa, again making a short bow: "A blessed day to you, High Prince. I heard you refer to the capture of your people? Some of my wife's sisters did encounter creatures who fled from their approach, and invited them for questioning. I assure you that no one enjoying our hospitality will be harmed and they will be returned at the first opportunity."

rweird
2013-09-14, 02:13 PM
Party:
The man with a white robe bearing a broken crown seems suspicious of this, doubting anyone would be so angry because a few people didn't

Raunchel:
Sense Motives on claim about prisoners (may be true, though I'm suspicious that a prince would get all that worked up by that, though he may just be misinformed): [roll0]
[roll1]

Drack:
Sense Motives on claim about prisoners: [roll2]
[roll3]

Togo
2013-09-15, 09:09 AM
Party
Snorri nods. And are Stone Mountain all golems, or is it more of a mix? We've just arrived, so we don't have any local currency, but if your outfit were willing to work for services, or once we got established, goods, then we might be able to do some business.

T'loko blinks. Well of course I take you as a representative. What is a prince except the leader of his people? The distillation of their culture, the height of their achievement, the embodiment of all that they are. Without that, without a people to lead, what are you but the wearer of an unusual hat?

He gives a lengthy, if not very deep, bow, to the white-robed man who joined them, then turns his dark hood back towards Livilla. At close range the features of a Kuo-Toa are faintly visible beneath a layer of black translucent gauze. And like any true leader, he is concerned with the fate of his people. I trust you have not detained them for any malicious motive? Power is not in itself a reason to use it.

Canary smiles, and bobs his head, sending a wave down his flowing blond hair. He effortlessly shares his smile between the two of them. As Livilla leaves he spends a little time watching her walk away, and then turns back to Theresia.

Cute. Like a draught from a pure mountain stream.

He gives a theatric sigh.

And all yours.

He brightens.

But you say she has a sister? Several sisters? Do you?

He shakes his head. Our grand adventure. Ha! Grand disappointment. An errand of no purpose save to announce our arrival, although some of the sights were..

He looks directly into Theresia's eyes.

...breathtaking.

He laughs, and a gives a sweeping gesture that just manages to avoid upsetting a tray of sauteed mushroom in delicate pastry shells.

What have I done since then? Being visible, mainly. I had to convince the Dwarvern Skirmishers not to unpack their toys until the beastriders are seen to, get the Scout Groups to hold off on exploring at least until we make landfall, settle a dispute between the Lectors and Cult of Flame as who got T'loko first, and convince everyone generally that just because we've arrived it doesn't mean we can unload. Days at least until we reach landfall, and everyone knows we arrived and wants to unpack right now! And of course I had to avoid the council, who wanted to rope me into choosing a Pariah.

He gives a mock shudder.

Politics. Ha! Give me a good party any day.

Raunchel
2013-09-15, 09:31 AM
Party
"There is no need to worry about that, merely prudence. This after all is a new world and unfortunately that makes it necessary to make sure that those we encounter do not threaten us. No force has been used, I can assure you of that, we are guided by the Light and it does not allow selfishness.", Livilla replies.

rweirdLivilla appears sincere.

Meanwhile Theresia remains with Canary, she laughs with him: "O yes, all that trouble, no matter what we do and how fast we move people always are in a hurry. Luckily we are relatively close to land, imagine what it would be like in the middle of an ocean. And then we are supposed to be united under the Light, otherwise it would be even worse. And we have those we love, for whom we never have enough time.

But now we finally have a good social occasion to relax and talk to friends, while still serving Shan, the perfect combination I think."

rweird
2013-09-15, 10:43 AM
Party:
The white-robed man bows back too T'loko, though he still seems worried, as if that brought another worry to mind. He seems to be thinking hard. After a moment he seems resolved, but worried none the less.

drack
2013-09-15, 11:24 AM
Party:

Rweird: Crowthorn replies "Yes, you would be. After all it is rare for one as mighty as myself to grace such a backwater plane. Still, we all accept the wisdom of Shan, and of our great leaders here."

Raunchel: The Koa-Toa scoffs loudly. "Ah, 'invited', is not quite what my report states, though 'questioning' I do not doubt. Likely with all manner of dark sorcery and perhaps some pain to motivate differant answers? I've seen your type before, oh I've seen it before woman! All this talk offriends and kindness, but my nose calls it lies." At this he spits out a larger glob of the sticky phlegm, which the servants scurry to clean.

Ambassador of the stone mountain: Well we are all constructs of some form. Generally we prefer an internationally accepted currency, or through a barter method, though on occasion one might consider such currency itself a service. Items of magical nature, particularly artifacts tend to work well I'd think.

Meanwhile five goblins stroll in together, one in a long red robe, looking almost intellectual despite the big nose. The two beside him seeming more disciplined, intently glaring at anyone and everyone, and the other two running about the hall like children. Behind them a warrior in the height of youth bearing a spear and shield enters, his eyes bespeaking age beyond imagining. A delegate from the newly annexed city of Shan arrives in a simple white robe, followed by a robed humanoid that nobody can seem to see short of through magical means, for a cloud of shadow hovers close to it's form. Afterwards a huge dragon with heads of all chromatic and metalic dragons enters claiming itself "Ambassador for the children of the great one."

Rweird

No, review the first post. The Id forest is a minor nation akin to the forest of Gi.

Unanswered: nope, just listing people that slowly stream in.

Sense motive: Well as there are several hundred princes in the Koa Toa empire (koa toa couples lay roughly a hundred eggs a year), so the position is somewhat less dignifying then might normally be said. Likely he's a "high prince", one who's distinguished himself. The Koa Toa pride themselves on ruling the whole of the ocean despite the fact that some regions even they dare not tread, and of course ignoring surface dwellers like the White Fleet. While the bulk of their military might relies on overwhelming numbers, it is the added might of possessing mighty beasts, monsters captured and trained across the whole ocean. While the king and queen each individually hold claim to the entirety of the ocean, all the inhabited regions are split into districts much like fiefs ruled by their children. As such one prideful of his district might object to some of his people being taken, and would have some significant power, though it would be far from the scale of the whole empire taking affront. He does however seem to believe his claim genuine.

And to save us the time, beyond the delegate, you are unfamiliar with the other individuals.

rweird
2013-09-15, 12:26 PM
Party:
Crowthorn: "A million years here would be a few second pretty much anywhere else. Compared to the rest of this universe, here would be anything but backwater, thousands of years going by in seconds."

Valthrin mutters two Legend Lores, and the white-robed man casts four, all much faster than should be possible.

drack:
Though a male Hag (I presume you mean race, though I didn't know that was possible) is the representative. And I somehow can tell he [?] is responsible for controlling the dragons that attacked? How exactly can I tell?

Valthrin casts Legend Lore (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/legendLore.htm) for the Hag's legend, and the Legends of "The ambassador for children of the great one." Simulacrum casts Legend Lore on the " tanned man in a simple linen gown with a large golden eye tattooed on his forehead", the armored knight w/ Snowsong he's speaking too, Crowthorn, and the Skeletal dragon thing.

Raunchel
2013-09-15, 01:57 PM
Party
"I kindly request you to withdraw those accusations, they are painful to me because of their lack of truth. Once again I assure you that they have and will not be harmed, but please, do tell me the contents of these reports so we can ensure that there will be an end to this misunderstanding so our friendship can begin in earnest.", Livilla replies while her sweet voice becomes slightly softer.

drack
2013-09-15, 02:43 PM
Party:
Crowthorn: "As you say, though I still find it rather droll to first enlighten this plane rather then a larger plane where we could easily instruct so many more." the man shrugs, the tactical prospect of his enemy reproducing faster then he could slay them seeming irrelevant to him.

The Koa Toa hardly waits a second before coldly replying. "And I have not come here for your kindly requests, I have come for the release of my prisoners, and for the gift of two of your own that we might then interrogate to even the scales."

rweird

This should be here

"Hag": Born under stars of power, decay, the elements of earth, fire, and wind, as well as for ferocity and pride. His cloak is a sacred ash cloak of the ancient tree gardens of Id. He is well known for his skill at dispatching of trespassers before they even know, and has appointed more guardians of the wood then most. He holds the title Thornwood Snatcher, a high position, only three or so steps down from the ruling body.

"The ambassador for children of the great one": I'm gonna go on a limb and assume that you really don't need any kind of name for this else I probably shouldn't be typing half this much... There is really little to tell of this one. "The Cave of Maneymanch" comes to mind, a story of a cave from which none emerge where some young dragoons test their bravery, but you're not sure how it relates to him being a legend from back in Izeldus' day. The title is given to a delegate to speak for all of Izeldus' present children, though the title itself is often more of a death sentence then an honor as the diplomat is often instructed to voice demeaning comments, and to openly challenge the authority of leaders. In the case in which they aren't killed as a messenger... well simply put the children have killed more for displeasing them then have died in all other ways put together.

"tanned man in a simple linen gown with a large golden eye tattooed on his forehead": His name is lost, and the whole of it comes across rather distorted as if most of it were lost in translation. The jest of it however comes across rather clear. He is an famed general from "the war", who singlehandedly burned armies to dust, often leading his assault he would travel out into the center of the enemy forces, and... it's not exactly clear what he did, but on the whole it sounds as if he was an excellent soldier promoted to greatness for his reckless strength. He then attained some greater glory in which you feel that there is a strong implication of death. Three legends however come through crystal clear. That of his role in the dinner party, including his dule in which he swiftly and surely reduced (fog dragon's character) to his knees in single combat. Next is his role in rebuilding "the city of Shan", and prior to both others is as a miracle worker, his name "The Forebearer" spreading like ripples in a tide across the world.

"the armored knight w/ Snowsong he's speaking too": Again it comes through distorted. All you can truly discern is that he was a great knight, a hero in "the war", saving trillions, and staying with his force aiding every man as he fell. An honorable and chivalrous man, respected by his men. In a word, a true leader.

"Crowthorn": It again is distorted allowing you to make out that he fought as a child, later fought in elite company, and indeed seems to be an archer of some renown.

"Skeletal dragon thing": Sarthrmarc the Dreaded. A terror from back in the days of Izeldus. his tale is long and bloody spanning the hundred or two thousand years that he lived hardly a month went by that he hadn't slain some powerful drake (more specifically a dragon of impure blood, regardless of actual race) or a would be dragon-slayer. Often he would harry the "flock" (lesser creatures), and his name was known across the land while he lived. As it was Izeldus would allow his direct subjects (those that lived in the halls, as opposed to his indirect subjects that ruled the rest off the world) to freely kill within his direct domain. Pure blooded dragon kin formed strong familial bonds with joined horded that they would not slay each other, though Sarthrmarc the Dreaded was known to have destroyed two elven, ten gobblin, seven plant, three sub-draconic, twelve koa-toa, three sladi, forty seven fey, thirteen human, and seventeen outsider nations in his lifetime that had attempted to live in the area. He was eventually executed by another great dragon (his neck was torn off his shoulders) for perusing a mighty warrior (who was fleeing in terror) beyond the bounds of Izeldus' direct control. He was also a vector of several tens of thousands of "abyssal games" as they were called in which a lower level of the abyss, far beyond anyone's notice would be magically annihilated (through a spell akin to genesis), and all it's inhabitants deposited in a large cavern as the space upon which they were standing is destroyed, at which time they duel against several pure blooded dragons. Occasionally a plane in the outer atrial is selected in stead, though the name "abyssal games" tended to stick. After such games the spectating dragons would often gorge themselves on the slain. There were supposedly near a hundred arenas for such sport to take place in.

Raunchel
2013-09-15, 02:59 PM
Party
"Once again I ask you to remain calm and polite, but please, forgive me for this rather direct question, but is it your intention to threaten servants of the Holy Light? If so it is my unpleasant duty to inform you that the whole glorious empire of Shan is united through infinite wisdom, and only the servants of darkness oppose it's work. Please, I beg you, choose the path of light and not that of darkness. Those who stand in the light are always protected. I believe that it would be in your best interest to immediately release these two, so we can forget this little misunderstanding, otherwise I fear for where you stand.", Livilla replies, remaining the epitome of friendliness.

drack
2013-09-15, 03:06 PM
party

Koa Toa: "You speak in riddles and madness. You claim infinite wisdom, and yet you threaten a force that has never been bent except by the great might if Izeldus. You speak of light and dark enough that you've probably been blinded by devotion to whichever it was you worshiped. In either case, what of the two of your own? Are you perhaps implying that my kin's time and energies are worth less then that of your own simply due to our great numbers? Even among trillions, a man is a man, sot some insect to be brushed aside, each and every one with his own value and duties."

rweird
2013-09-15, 03:13 PM
Party:
Crowthorn: "That line of reason is understandable." Valthrin replies smiling, not seeing a need to point out what he finds obvious. He too seems concerned by the turn of events with the Koa Toa.

Koa Toa: The white-robed one seems disappointed in the response Livilla gives. "I do not believe the prince has any of your people prisoner. He requests too take two of your people prisoner to interrogate as repayment for you doing so for two of his. I do not believe he intends to threaten you, merely defend himself and his people, as all leaders should. Still, I would suggest you both calm down and cease to threaten each other. This is a party. I like to think that we can have one without war breaking out. Try to be clear and civil to avoid needless loss of life caused by misunderstanding, hotheadedness, and stubbornness."

Togo
2013-09-15, 04:17 PM
Party
T'loko inclines his head.

I'm not sure how you can take someone prisoner without some kind of force. Physical, magical, or otherwise. Compulsion is force as surely as violence.

His hands move as he talks, as if gathering yarn around his fingers.

That said, I believe the lady is quite correct that your people have suffered no lasting harm. The problem then becomes one of authority, and of demanding information. She has asserted authority over your people. I can well understand your outrage. However, were one of us to enter into the midst of your people, disturbing something sensitive, where you were possibly vulnerable, are you saying you would act differently? That you would take no action to safeguard your people against us? You would not seek to know what we were doing there?

He carefully swallows his bile, rather than spitting it out into the room. It forms a noticeable lump as it goes down, evne under his heavy robe.

We are all Good people, for all that the term means, and all that it does not mean. It does not mean we are safe to be around, nor does it mean we are of one mind. There are millions of new people here, and that is going to take some adjustment. The world is going to change. I for one, would want you and your people to be part of that process. Part of that must be to decide, between us, how we are to treat eachother.

drack
2013-09-15, 04:35 PM
Party
Crowthorn grins as if anything else would be foolishness.

The Koa-Toa continues his venomous comments. "The children of Galeki don't go invading people's lands and capturing their patrols unless they mean war by it, nor are we ever vulnerable. You should not put us so lightly on your level. Millions you say? Then our one nation alone outnumbers yours and that of your kith. Nor do we hear when we are told how to react at a party. In a party such as this all should be honest and speak their minds regardless of how many bureaucratic fools I may offend. So will we have our prisoners?" This last bit seems to be directed at the man in the white robe.

Meanwhile the large wolf rolls it's eyes and the man in the bark robe whispers to the treant that this is what comes of accepting outsiders. The bloody faces woman merely grins, at the conversation of the two draconian entities as they speak of proper respect in the kill, and debate the proper way to dive down on prey.

The youthful man meanwhile strikes up a conversation with the man cloaked in shadow about the philosophical meanings and quantification of life.

As this all takes place guests continue to stream in. A man in navy blue pants, and a dulled green shirt with a red bandanna over his hair, and a sword strapped lazily to his side, a crossbow resting across from it. A fat dwarf in golden armor follows. A wizard in a flowing robe with an open front as if it were slashed lengthwise follows looking questionably at the decorum.

rweird
2013-09-15, 05:09 PM
Party:
"I fail to see how being civil and speaking your mind are contradictory. I was pointing out that results could be better obtained from civil discussion than threatening and insults. I am not a member of either involved party. I made a suggestion in an attempt to prevent a war which I see no good outcome from."

Togo
2013-09-15, 05:45 PM
Party
T'loko puts out a steadying hand in the direction of the white-robed one.

Now I don't believe we have reached either threats or insults, unless there is some point I have missed? And we are making great progress - for the Prince is declaring that patrols sent out by us would not be accosted, unless we were at war. Such peaceful interaction is very encouraging.

However, he has raised an important point, that our presence here is somehow an invasion of his people's lands. Perhaps he can tell us, if this is his people's lands, where our lands might be? Is there a spot picked out?

His fingertips come together, his hands sloping evenly.

This is no idle speculation. Is there a place for us here, or are you bound to regard anywhere we might settle as an invasion of your lands? Is it our present location or our mere existance that you object to?

The teenager in the black uniform appears to have drifted towards the conversation with T'loko. Oohh.. dead man walking she says quietly. She looks around longingly at the passing trays of wine, but seems too stiff and intimidated to actually make a move towards one.

Meanwhile Snorri is in full flow with the delegate from Stone Mountain.

Granted, granted, magic items are generally always acceptable, but this is a low saturation world, we could sell such items to anyone. And they're likely to be slow in coming, at least in first. What about logictical support? Or supplies, weapons, machinery, things like that? Medical help, that is to say, repairs? Or do you need food, as a trade good or propaganda tool? We're likely to run an early surplus if all goes well, simply because we couldn't afford to run out if it didn't.

Snorri considers for a moment, stroking his long beard.

And then there is the manufacture of devices such as yourself. Would you be in favour of helping to instruct our craftman in some techniques in how to make such? Would that be viewed favourably as an increase to your, ah.. species, or anathama as competition to your uniqueness, or something in between? Maybe we could arrange to make more citizens for you, at the price of some period of debt-service to defray the costs.

He shrugs.

After all, I assume your folk are extremely long lived, if not technically immortal.

drack
2013-09-15, 05:52 PM
partyThe Koia Toa Shakes his head. "Only the ocean floors are ours. You may keep the surface and the lands to yourselves." You detect traces of disgust in his voice as if the thought of living out of the waters repulsed him.

rweird
2013-09-15, 06:01 PM
Party:
"I may have misread the situation, however, seeing as you do not seem to think so, I will let the matter drop."

OoC:
I was about to post this but then it seems the Koa Toa got over it and bringing it back up would be unwise. Still, seems like a shame to let it go to waste.

List of Insults and (veiled) Threats:

"You speak in riddles and madness"

"you've probably been blinded by devotion"

"is it your intention to threaten servants of the Holy Light? If so it is my unpleasant duty to inform you that the whole glorious empire of Shan is united through infinite wisdom, and only the servants of darkness oppose it's work."

"I believe that it would be in your best interest to immediately release these two,"

It may not be direct, but it too me seems clear that veiled threats were made, and definitely insults. I don't really see a non-insulting way to say those things though I may have misread it.

drack
2013-09-15, 08:14 PM
Party

Yet another gate opens through which a primal earth elemental can be seen running towards it.

ShadowFireLance
2013-09-15, 08:40 PM
The Elemental falls to the ground, burning to bits, as from the portal steps a Paragon of Dragonkind, Red scales shining, Molten eyes glowing.

"Welcome to the party In my honor, I am truly sorry about the mess." With a wave of his hand, it all disperses.
"Oh, What a bad host I am, My name is Izeldus, You should know me."

drack
2013-09-15, 08:47 PM
partyHalf the party erupts in laughter at the but of a bad joke as the other half tries in vein to find the punchline, oblivious to the gold dragon in the entryway.

ShadowFireLance
2013-09-15, 09:06 PM
The Dragon laughs, a terrifying thing.
http://www.interactimage.com/php/files/5cia7nonulnslo14r2uf8sic341379454167.jpg
His scales melt, reforming into shattered bits and pieces, gold blood dripping onto the floor, eating straight through it.

He looks at everything, and yet, nothing at once, his multitude of heads whipping around, some bits and pieces of once glorious heads, and others yet terrifying. Every flame in the room bursts, turning at once into blazing infernos, and even the Fire elementals flanking him shy away from it.

rweird
2013-09-16, 06:04 AM
Party:
The man chatting with Crowthorn turns as a primal earth elemental enters. Once it falls, the man looks worried by the violent turn. Seeing the gold claim to be Izeldus, he laughs with the rest, then waits for the thing to do something.

drack
2013-09-16, 06:42 AM
party

Sense motive something over 100 (think epic/buffed) reveals that the woman with blood on her face, the skeletal dragon, the multiheaded dragon, the youth with the shield ad spear, the mage with the white rope with a split front, and the man cloaked in shadow all plan to kill the impersonator for some insult.

Raunchel
2013-09-16, 01:23 PM
Party
Livilla is about to reply to the High Prince when the elemental enters and falls. She looks at the dragon, her body showing puzzlement. She stares deeply at the creature, curious about what might happen. Meanwhile Theresia walks towards her, putting an arm around her wife's thin waist while also looking at the new arrival.

drack
2013-09-16, 02:46 PM
Party

Togo: The amulet continues on as if nothing's amiss, possessing the great celerity of mind that comes from being more magical automaton then alive. "Yes yes, mundane currencies may work just as well, as I understand it there's quite a market for non-fabricated gems and precious metals. They make excellent components you see, as does the occasional rare herb. Would that do? We do after all make quite efficient soldiers, though I believe it would be wise to apply an old dwarven saying here. 'bigger hammers to straighten out more nails cost more'. I'm sure you understand."

Togo
2013-09-16, 05:30 PM
Party
Snorri, looks over his shoulder at the fallen elemental, shoots a glance at the Miss Tahmar, and then turns back to his conversation. The teenager's eyes widen, and she tries to school her expression to neutrality.

Sense Motive DC 10
She is trying not to laugh at something

Snorri is more interested in Stone Mountain
Excellent. We have an understanding, or the beginnings on one, at least. We are not short of soliders overall, but there is always use of a group with specialist skills. Maybe we could discuss my other proposal some other time?

Is there is anyone else you would recommend we talk to?

drack
2013-09-16, 05:47 PM
party

Togo: "It would depend on which other services you seek, but yes, yes, come by when you will. I expect you know where to find us?"

ShadowFireLance
2013-09-17, 07:44 PM
The Tyrant of scales turns from his flaming entrance, walking over to the multiheaded one, before bowing.

"Elder, What brings you the gathering?"

drack
2013-09-18, 08:33 PM
The Dragon laughs, a terrifying thing.
http://www.interactimage.com/php/files/5cia7nonulnslo14r2uf8sic341379454167.jpg
His scales melt, reforming into shattered bits and pieces, gold blood dripping onto the floor, eating straight through it.

He looks at everything, and yet, nothing at once, his multitude of heads whipping around, some bits and pieces of once glorious heads, and others yet terrifying. Every flame in the room bursts, turning at once into blazing infernos, and even the Fire elementals flanking him shy away from it.
OOC-ish
Missed your edit. The floor and flames remain unchanged. On a similar note I recall no fire elementals. :smallconfused: These are on the note pad were I to look I take it?

Party

Some of the dragons heads grimace on impulse to the gull of one to insult their lord and continue on as if it hadn't happened. Others spit in disgust, various elements dancing upon the floor before quickly fading. Still the dignified swallows his anger in favor of reputation. Starting a brawl in a tavern and disturbing a proper gathering of dignitaries are, after all, two entirely different things.

rweird
2013-09-19, 02:53 PM
Party:
To Crowthorn: "Izeldus is a dragon who ruled much of the world a long time ago, he mysteriously vanished, though many still respect him, and find that dragon's claim to be Izeldus in extremely bad taste, those that were once part of his empire may see it as blasphemy. Valthrin explains before continuing: Could you introduce me to the other followers of Shan here?"

drack
2013-09-19, 04:52 PM
party

Ruffling his eyebrows slightly Crowthorn inquires "Indeed?" at the end of your summary before turning and striding towards the table, clearly expecting you to follow.

Suddenly the man with plated scales explodes into a fury of lightening, bolts ripping free of his form to whip about the room like severed cords from a taught string, visibly cracking the strange material that even dragon breath seemed to have no affect on, and leaving large dark fissures in the walls, ceiling, and floor. Just as suddenly the lightening vanishes leaving a cold metallic taste in the air.

Reflex DC~30 to avoid being 'sploded.

Across the room an identical man rises from the foot of a wall appearing mildly perturbed at the sight of his own destruction, and the utter lack of any remnants, having been instantly vaporized.

ShadowFireLance
2013-09-19, 06:40 PM
drack:
Those such things belong In PM's.
Primals are summoned. Instant action.
The flames do change, recall elemental ability?

Party, drack only:

"Fine then. You disgrace my liege, Tell me, When was the last time you did something for the King?"

Party, Others:

The Dragon continues speaking to his Skeletal Relative, before, strangely, you notice for the first time, a Human like being, though obviously not Human, at least, not anymore.
His pale skin flickers, as if he has no bones, or organs, just flame for blood.
His dark black hair falls over his armored shoulders, as his bat-like wings fold to his back.

Raunchel
2013-09-20, 07:13 AM
Livilla sidesteps several of the bolts and her example is followed by Theresia. She looks into her eyes for a few moments, before she turns to watch the dragons,
taking care to not be too close to them.

OOC: Sorry, but for now Theresia and Livilla are just watching the spectacle, and try to see where things are going.

Togo
2013-09-21, 05:20 PM
Several people from the Basalt Throne are caught in the explosion

Dwarf 1 Reflex save [roll0]
Dwarf 2 Reflex save [roll1]
Dwarf 3 Reflex save [roll2]
Dwarf 4 Reflex save [roll3]
Human teenager Reflex [roll4]
Kuo-Toa Reflex [roll5]
Human Reflex [roll6]
Dwarf diplomat Reflex [roll7]
Dwarf secretary Reflex [roll8]

All four of the dwarvern guards close enough to be effected are incinerated instantly. Snorri Silverhelem, the head of the delegation, is also caught in the blast. His body is ripped apart by titantic arcane forces, sending a spray of blood across several guests.

T'loko moves first, swooping on the bloody remains, and gathering what he can. Canary makes a complicated gesture at the dwarvern scribe, who nods in return, and begins packing his satchel. Canary then starts herding T'loko to the exit. The teenager introduced as miss Tahmar is left crouched behind an ornate pillar, not moving, traces of the blood from Snorri Silverhelm caught in her long black hair.

drack
2013-09-23, 07:48 PM
PartyThe explosions continue to lash across the room for several seconds before dissipating, slaughtering all the servants, as well as the koa-toa emissary.
While the wolf, and the woman with the bloody face seem to avoid it well enough, the ambassador of the stone mountain as well as the golem upon which it rests are torn through by the blast, and the skeletal dragon just bearly manages to force the lashes of lightening to pass between his bones. The worm that walks sidesteps them easily, though the young treant jumps, narrowly dodging one. The wild looking man in the dark robe strides angrily and purposefully through them towards the knight at the head of the table as if this were an every day occurrence, as that knight manages to rock his seat to avoid them. Four of the five goblins are incinerated, two taken from behind, and the other two joyously trying to "catch the light", while the fifth manages to avoid them. The City of shan's delegate is vaporized by a slash that quite nearly tore through the youth wielding a spear and shield before he dropped to the ground. the man garbed in shadow and the wizard in a white robe with an open front manage to avoid their own blasts, though the pirate and dwarf are also taken by the blast. The one that seems to have the hardest time about the whole thing is the multiheaded dragon which beats it's wings frantically nearly kicking up a storm of it's own avoiding the moving trails of lightening with it's massive body. The forebearer strides confidently through the whips of lightening to intercept the man garbed in bark, as the remaining Shan delegates at the table unceremoniously fall backwards in their chairs, and roll about on the ground to avoid the blasts.

With a heavy thud the multiheaded dragon falls to the ground while the forebearer and the man in the brown bark, meeting face to face stop and glare at each other. Meanwhile the man with the plated skin recovers another chair, and sits peacefully where he just exploded as if nothing had happened.

Rising somewhat shakily the knight at the head of the table stands, demanding in a deep commanding voice "What in all the name of the light itself is going on here?!"

ShadowFireLance
2013-09-23, 07:59 PM
Party:

The Dragon moves, his wings buffeting, deflecting the bolts, before settling down (enough to create a crash, after all, he is, quite large.)
The Male Humanoid merely waves his hand, and the bolts move away, into others.

He stands from the conjured chair, the flames fading.
"Anyone else want to throw lightning while they are at it?"

rweird
2013-09-23, 08:30 PM
Party:
Both step around the lightning, Valthrin looks around at the scene, closes his eyes for a moment, before assuming a fighting crouch, on the alert. He waits to see if someone will provide a response to the knight, looking worried.

He slowly approaches the exploded man. "Do you have any idea what just happened?"

Meanwhile the robed man approaches the knight who spoke. "Were you aware that the one who exploded had such an ability."

drack
2013-09-24, 03:41 PM
Party

The exploded man looks somewhat startled. "Something just happened?" (sense motive reveals genuine surprise.)

The knight at the head of the table turns to you somewhat confused inquiring "You mean there are actually people who do that in this world? Is it contagious, might that be it? I mean I'd understand a sneeze, or even secretion of some unknown puss, but that's ridiculous!"

rweird
2013-09-24, 04:25 PM
Party:
"Yes, you just shot lightning all over and exploded, before reforming elsewhere, apparently completely oblivious."

"I do not believe so, however I've seen some abilities that involve self-destruction and reformation shortly thereafter, though forgetting it, not so much. I wouldn't believe it is contagious though."

drack
2013-09-24, 04:39 PM
Party

"Has this happened before?" the incinerated man asks, taking in the scenery.

The knight, engaged, gestures for you to elaborate on these instances of combustion and reformation.

rweird
2013-09-24, 04:50 PM
Party:
"To my knowledge, no, though today is the firsy day I met you."

"I've heard of a group known as the Jade Phoenix Mages who blend martial might and magical skill, one of the techniques they learn involves immolation and reformation for devastating effect on enemies. I wanted to see if the ability he displayed was unknown, as it apparently is, or an ability he already possessed."

drack
2013-09-24, 04:54 PM
Party

"Oh good." the exploded man replies smiling faintly.

"But, Kormak's abilities lie more in the areas of hitting people with his fists and sustaining countless blows to the head. He is also great at singing, and has a sort of aura about him that uplifts the heart. I can't see how he could suddenly up and explode. Perhaps this is also common in your lands?"

rweird
2013-09-24, 05:04 PM
Party:
"The ability is hardly common, and I haven't heard of it being displayed suddenly with no knowledge. This type of event is unknown to me. I am beginning to suspect something possessed him and used some ability of its own for this dreadful attack."

drack
2013-09-24, 05:08 PM
Party

"But then why reform him?"

rweird
2013-09-24, 05:25 PM
Party:
"Can you describe what you thought happened before I asked you if you knew what happened?"

"An excellent question, one I don't know the answer too. This is all speculation, though if I had to guess, I would say it would be to try to stir up hostilities, potentially to blame your people for this, though that brings up the question of why he was destroyed in the first place. Perhaps one was an impostor."

drack
2013-09-24, 05:56 PM
party

"Well I was just sitting here an..."
Suddenly the folds in his tunic move as if they were lips, and an impertinent voice asserts "He said he doesn't know, isn't that enough for you? Go away and resume."

Taking an ominous tone of disapproval the knight replies. So you suggest they are an evil the like of which must be wiped from existence?

rweird
2013-09-24, 06:08 PM
Party:
Valthrin pauses for a moment. Closes his eyes, and opens them again, looking somewhat relieved, though somewhat worried, addressing the tunic, he says "I suppose you'd think this is all some sort of joke." He says sourly. "Is it all part of your game, trying to get an edge over the others?"

He to pauses as the tunic speaks. "No, this is all speculation, and the details are not known, or the cause, and I would not make such an assumption, I would wait until I have evidence and could truly make a judgement. I wouldn't think such a thing would be unintentionally though."

drack
2013-09-26, 08:04 AM
Party

"Joke? others? What do you mean?" The bald man inquires before firmly asserting. "I never joke, only pray to the lordly might of Shan shining in the heavens. That and sing with an uplifting aura."

Frowning (which you can tell by his posture more then through the solid metal visor by virtue of your sense motive ranks), the knight plainly states "If you have a theory, in the name of the light, just spit it out already."

Meanwhile the scribe with a great many scrolls hanging down about his form leans down inspecting the fabric of the tunic before asking Valthrin "So, excuse my asking, but am I to believe you are formerly acquainted with this perticular tunic?" As if to himself he adds "Quite intriguing."

rweird
2013-09-26, 02:23 PM
Party:
Valthrin realizes that here is not the place, and that the tunic probably won't respond. "Its complicated. I know of this in a manner of speaking, though I believe when I learnt of it, it was a picnic blanket as I recall. I'm not sure exactly what it is."

"The tunic is controlled by whoever is responsible for the attack or did the attack on its own, potentially possessing Kormak. I believe the attack was an attempt to provoke the other nations of this world into aggression against you to destroy you. Such is my theory."

drack
2013-10-03, 07:18 PM
OOC
Patiently waits for someone besides drack and rweird to post

Raunchel
2013-10-04, 04:19 AM
Party:
Livilla and Theresia look on as what they presume to be the entertainment disintegrates, along with several others. Livilla says: "That was unexpected, especially now the one I was having such a pleasant conversation with no longer is here. Anyways, we have to do something about such a blatant attack on the servants of the light. So, does anyone happen to know where this tunic comes from?"

rweird
2013-10-04, 03:53 PM
Party:
"If my theory is correct, it is an individual that did this, and besides the tunic, I believe that it is a small number of people who don't have a nation or permanent residence."

Togo
2013-10-04, 07:21 PM
Party
With T'loko and the dwarvern guards safely gone, Canary returns to Miss Tamar.

Party's over. You should go.

She looks up at him. Do I have to?

He winces. Noooo...

Then, she says cooly, I'm not going.

The dwarvern secretary finally reaches them with an unhurried stride.

Pulling out sir?

Canary looks down at him. He sighs.

Doesn't look like it.

This is why we have Pariahs. Miss Tahmar, are you sure?

The teenager hugs herself awkwardly into a shrug.

Canary shakes his head. Do us a favour little one, ya? Tell his highness High King Tibalt that Canary is not happy about this, ok?

The dwarf nods. Of course. Do you want to raise a formal complaint?

No, just tell him I don't like where this is taking us. He stalks off towards main table.

The teenager's eyes are large. He's arguing with the King?

The dwarf waves this away. Merely expressing concern. It can be brought up in Council. Now Miss Tahmar, in the ah... absence of Snorri Silverhelm, what do you want us to do?

She stares for a moment. Me?

He nods. No replacement diplomat has yet been appointed, but you remain to carry out your duties.

Her nose crinkles. But that means... oh. Oh!

The dwarf nods again, smartly. Precisely.

Um... find out what's happened. And then... She bites her lip. I've heard rumours... of experiments.

Yes. he says. His voice is even and non-committal.

The engineers. Will want in.

So will a great many people. You realise they may seek precedence?When she nods he carries on. Technically, the Scout Group would be more... he falls silent as she shakes her head.

The engineers. Suddenly she gives a lopsided grin. Actually, why not both? I hear some of them are quite friendly with eachother these days...

The dwarf pauses for a beat. Then bows. Your will, Pariah. I believe Canary has the investigation in hand. If you will excuse me, I'll see if they need any help with the mess. He moves carefuly over to see if anyone needs help clearing up the remains of the room.

Meanwhile, nearer the main table, Canary has caught the tail end of the conversation.

Hold on. Ve were attacked by a shirt?

rweird
2013-10-04, 07:31 PM
Party:
"I suppose that is what we theorize. More accurately some force possessing said shirt or person."

drack
2013-10-04, 08:55 PM
Party
The Forebearer finally turns his gaze from the bark-robed man who was likely innocent of the attack at this point. "Explain to me. How does it happen that a shirt does all this. I have been in this world a time, and noticed several oddities. Even hosted the ceremony of welcoming myself, yet never have I seen or heard of such a thing."

rweird
2013-10-05, 06:23 AM
Party:
"As I just mentioned, I believe it is more some sort of possessive force that possessed the shirt that did this, not a shirt itself, though I don't really know how. This is the first time we've observed something like this happening as well for that matter, so I honestly couldn't say. This is a theory, the only one presented, but by no means the only possible one."

Togo
2013-10-05, 08:20 PM
Canary shrugs.

So it was a possessive force. How did it get in here? Where is it now? A possessing force isn't any less visible or less limited than any other kind of intruder. What matters is how it managed to get in undetected, kill a whole bunch of people without us seeing anything, or even being able to act, animate the shirt without us seeing anything, and then leave.

He looks at the shirt.

Assuming it has left.

Meanwhile Miss Tahmar has drifted over to where Livilla and Theresia are looking on.

We've got to stop meeting like this. She observes whistfully.

rweird
2013-10-05, 09:51 PM
Party:
"If our theory is true, those are excellent questions. I know that some fiends that specialize in possession can overcome wards that normally block possession, though this may be something else. What do you plan on doing one you find the one responsible."

Raunchel
2013-10-06, 08:30 AM
"Unfortunately I belief that you are correct, gathered all in one place we make a big target.", Theresia says to Tahmar. Then she bows to those who are assembled: "Please excuse me, but I fear that I have to leave, my presence is required elsewhere, I hope to see you again soon."

She then walks away, outof the room, leaving her wife behind. Livilla then joins the others by the shirt: "Whatever this shirt is we did survive this attack. Does any of you have the magic to find its true nature?"

rweird
2013-10-06, 11:47 AM
Party:
Valthrin shakes his head. "What do you intend to do once you find the one responsible?"

True Seeing doesn't show anything does it?

drack
2013-10-06, 12:01 PM
true seeing
nothing I haven't already assumed you can see.

Togo
2013-10-06, 06:46 PM
Canary shrugs again.

Ha, depends on what we find. Basalt Throne isn't going to happy to learn that someone's killed their hand-picked ambassador, that's for sure.

He frowns.

It's just the incompetance that's weird, ya? We're dealing with something that can get into a heavily warded area undetected by, well, almost everything... He waves his hand absently at the gradually emptying room. ..and unleash a blast that could melt stone, yet most people are entirely unharmed. Even one of the servants survived. What kind of idiot does that? And then manifests more power to, what, blow rasberries at you? Again, undetected, unseen, uneffected by the wards, and totally pointless.

He shakes his head.

We're not dealing with something that has a useful intelligence here. Probably a Hadran.

drack
2013-10-06, 07:22 PM
partyThe tunic rustles slightly and if you didn't know better you'd think it was frowning.

rweird
2013-10-06, 08:00 PM
"I do not suspect incompetence. I suspect that, for whatever reason, to kill all of us was not the intent. I think that causing a war, and blaming this on you was the intent, though I do not know for certain, or the reason. As for talking afterwords, I couldn't tell."

Togo
2013-10-08, 06:16 PM
Start a war? The big blond man frowns. How is that supposed to work? And why would it need a war when it can do so much without one?

He glares at the tunic.

Hey there Shirty, or Mr Shirt, or whatever you want to be called... Do you mind telling us why you're here, what you want to achieve, or even who you are? Assuming you have a purpose, that is?

rweird
2013-10-08, 06:25 PM
"Considering that one of your people seemed to release this blast, in a meeting you called, it would be a reasonable assumption that you collectively, as followers of Shan, are responsible for this attack, and a war starts as others respond to an unprovoked attack. This is further suspicion, and whether it is from hatred of you, or hatred of some other faction I do not know. Why it wants a war, if it does, is another unanswered question."

Togo
2013-10-11, 06:56 PM
The blond man scratches his head, muscles moving under his tanned skin.

Sure, but the followers of Shan were also the ones hit by it. And who got killed was pretty random. The idea is that we hit ourselves with a blast, and killed a whole lot of our own people, on the off-chance that someone visiting might get killed too, and take offence?

He shakes his head.

That's a bit of a stretch. And why would something that can create a blast that strong, and sneak in here entirely undetected, be that bad at aiming it? Why waste time trying to get people here to fight eachother? I still think it's a Hadran, unless... you've come across it before?

rweird
2013-10-11, 07:35 PM
"True, that is perplexing. What is a Hadran? The only thing resembling this did not previously display such destructive ability, though was not witnessed in combat."

Togo
2013-10-13, 03:45 PM
I'm really more interested in why we can't detect it, even though it's right there... He says craning his neck to look at the tunic from various angles. A hadran is.. well... ah, let the dwarf explain.

He waves a complicated hand signal to the dwarvern secretary as he walks past, carrying the charred remains of what might once have been either a table or a hamadryad. The girl in uniform is carrying the other end.

Sir, within the Kingdom of the Basalt Throne alone there are hundreds of thousands of individuals classed dwarves, half-dwarves, or of dwarvern ancestory. To refer to me as 'the dwarf' is a peculiarly inefficient appelation. I do have a name, sir.

Good for you. The blond man says vaguely. But you're the only dwarf here, and our guest here wanted to know what I mean by Hadran. And you tell it so much better than I do.

The dwarf sighs and puts down his end of the burden, elicting a startled squeak from the other end. Very well sir. A Hadran, or Hadrani is named after Zazibar Hadriani, also know as Zazibar the Magnificent. An arcanist of great scholarship and talent, he dedicated his life to achieving ultimate power. Much to his surprise he was sucessful. The resulting entity was unstoppable, and was briefly famous for blowing up major landmarks, creating planar rifts and bubble dimensions, and other great works of magic.

Unfortunately, for him, he very quickly got bored. Having spent all his life trying to gain power, he now had no interests, relevent skills, or even purpose in life. Lording it over the less powerful stopped being interesting within a few months, and he ended up simply attacking things in a desperate attempt to bring some meaning and relevence to his life.

After the Imperial Rehabilitation Committee published their report, the term Hadran began to be used to refer to any cosmically powerful entity that interfered with mere mortals due to boredom or lack of any clear purpose of their own. More than 300 known Hadrans have since been identified, mostly in the Outer Planes, of course.

He clears his throat.

Of course, the gentleman to which you are talking is actually an invited guest...

Na, na, it's not him, we're talking about his shirt.

Of course you are. In that case, Sir.. he says turning to the tunic's wearer I quite understand. I myself often have trouble with my boots on a cold morning. If you have need of less cosmic tailoring, I might be able to find something in your size that would prove more useful. The problem with novelty clothing, is that you can really only wear it once before it is no longer novel.

He turns to the others.

Many apologies, I realise this is a somewhat tense moment, but would anyone have capability for restoring the fallen? We have quite a number of casualities here, and while I believe the Basalt Throne is taking care of their own, it might be worth giving some thought to rescuing the souls and spirits set adrift while their material remains are still reasonably simple to identify. Again I appreciate that people are somewhat flustered - I was explaining to Miss Tahmar here that she was abandoned in mid conversation by the urgency of events, not as a deliberate snub.

This last elicits another squeak, and the girl in uniform starts to blush, eyes wide.

I appreciate the need to interrogate hostile haberdashery, but if anyone can spare any assistance towards restoring life to those caught by the blast, either now or later, I would be happy to help with the practical details.

With that, the dwarf gives a prim little bow and picks up his burden once more.

Canary nods, still waiting to see if the tunic will say anything. After a moment, he leans over towards Valthrin.

So, that's a Hadran. That fit with what you've seen so far?

rweird
2013-10-13, 03:59 PM
Lord Valthrin and the ambassador exchange look with other for a moment. Both close their eyes and they pause briefly as such, before Valthrin answers. "Was Zazibar Hadriani in the end defeated or slain?"

"We will be able to assist with the revival of the fallen, though the one most suited to do so is currently occupied in something he can't exactly return to if he stops, and it will be some time until he is finished."

Drack:
Knowledge (History) on Zazibar Hadriani: [roll0]

IG, would I have heard of Hadrans before?

Or is this something I should ask Togo about?

drack
2013-10-13, 07:36 PM
rweird

yup, ask togo :smalltongue:

Exasperated at all the fuss the tunic exclaims. "Well, I thought we had them for a little while there, but they don't seem ready to let it go. What should we do?"

Scratching his head the bald man replies "Well I suppose it couldn't be helped, but you know this is all your fault for talking."

The Man stands up and begins to grow his features morphing. "No, it's clearly your fault for designing a less... natural, ability to subtly kill people. The point of subtlety is to not arouse suspicion."

"But what suspicion did I rise, it was clearly an arcane blast, who would have expected it to be me?"

"Well look around for yourself, don't expect me to do all the thinking here."

Turning about he points a finger at the strange man he had now met thrice in one day. "You." he declares accusingly, in a voice that almost crackles with power despite it's almost playful tone.

Having grown to a full twelve feet in height his face has paled to pure white, and darkened to black to form a symmetrical pattern on his skin, and the tunic in turn settled for the form of a black and white checkered cloth with an image of a court jester on it. Leaning over backwards to view the accused at a proper upside down angle he grins, his smile stretched unnaturally broad across his thin face. the smile however does not reach his eyes. Somehow they seem as light blue pools of sorrow containing a sadness beyond belief.

rweird
2013-10-13, 08:01 PM
OoC: Drack: It wasn't thrice in one day, the meetings all were separated by a few days, save this one, though its different people this time.

Also, he normally was like six feet, is it you misremembering or intentional he is larger?

Valthrin and the ambassador exchange worried looks once again, Valthrin sighs.

The ambassador speaks cautiously. "I'm sorry I am not present to speak with you myself. What was the nature of this attack."

Valthrin turns to the others. "Shanites, this is the Fool, overdeity and creator of this world, and probably the most powerful being to walk it."

drack
2013-10-13, 08:17 PM
First two were the one day, this one though, you're right, is later.

He did stand 6' tall, being 9 or 10' but his form was bent to ~6', now he'd be 12', but again bending backwards shortens you. :smalltongue:

The knight from the head of the table looks down on the assembling mass somewhat confused, though mostly mad. "So what is an overdeity doing crashing my party?"

rweird
2013-10-14, 05:45 AM
First meeting was the day I arrived, second was the picnic about a week after, I think we then skipped a month and today was the third, meeting, and others met with him for the fourth time, but it is.

How do the natives react to all this?

"We do not have all the answers You could try asking the Fool."

Raunchel
2013-10-14, 05:48 AM
Party[SPOILER]Livilla looks at the newly revealed overdeity, wondering what this new revalation means. An overdeity imples power, power that should bow to the Light of Shan. But she keeps this to herself, and merely observes.

Togo
2013-10-14, 07:55 AM
The blond man rolls his eyes. He was never defeated or slain. All-powerful, remember? Besides, why oppose power with power?

He takes a careful step back as the overdiety manifests.

Eventually the Empire just gave him a pocket dimension to play with, to see if he could make something of himself that he'd actually like to be. Apparently it's a quite a nice place now, although I've heard the crystal waterfalls are a bit much. Art shouldn't seem forced, shouldn't seem like it's trying too hard, know what I'm saying?

He watches the eerie figure for a moment, then continues softly.

So. Overdiety of the world. What's the protocol for this guy? Or do you not know?

drack
2013-10-14, 09:42 AM
Reactions of others at the party

Wolf: the wolf raises it's hackles, and cautiously surveys the scenario from a distance.
Woman with a bloody face: She frowns, clearly disliking the overdeity, but really objecting to his presence.
The skeletal dragon bears a similar reaction, and the ten headed dragon even goes so far as to hiss at the overdeity.
wild looking man in the dark robe: While cautious of the overdeity, he doesn't seem overly concerned
The Goblin slips behind the nearest object almost succeeding to make the movement look natural and unpaniced. Almost.
The youth with the spear shrugs as if making light of it, but all the same seems cautious, though much less so then most others.
The man garbed in shadow is unreadable.
The wizard in the white robe seems somewhat surprised, though not overly concerned.

The woman with golden tatooed eyes all across her body, the humanoid with a heavy scholor's outfit that conceals his/her face, crowthorn, the heavyset man with hexagonal brown plates growing from his body and heavy claws, the man in a tall red robe who's leaning heavily on a staff, the dignified worldly looking man in a swan feather coat and fish-scale breeches,
The knight at the head of the table, and the forebearer seem tence, considering their options. Finally the knight turns to the overdeity. "State your business."

As those sad sad eyes turn upon the knight, the Fool's grin broadens. "You come to my beautiful world, my godly realm, tracking your muddled beliefs, and think to conquer it for a misplaced cause. I should at the vary least be invited to sit in on such negotiations."

Togo
2013-10-14, 10:28 AM
Canary shrugs, the motion setting a wave rippling through his long hair.

Ya, I always get annoyed when I'm not invited to a party. But I think you would have probably gotten an invite if you'd asked for one, or just turned up and knocked. Instead, you trashed the party, and a whole lot of people died. Why?

drack
2013-10-14, 11:02 AM
Almost playfully the god replies, slipping behind you and leaning over your body to meet your gaze with his own. "And could you not have knocked before entering my realm, or asked me for an invits rather then bursting in and in turn leading to these deaths? I killed one man and his death caused several others, much as when you kill a man his would be children cease to exist."

rweird
2013-10-14, 03:13 PM
Before manifestation. "Perhaps similar then."

After manifestation.

"Did you bear any hostilities towards these people or the god they worship before they entered your realm?"

The ambassador holds his tongue in the conversation about the Fools entrance.

Raunchel
2013-10-14, 03:21 PM
"On behalf of my fellows in the Light of Shan I wish to apologize for not inviting you. We were unaware of your presence in this plane, and even if we were aware, we wouldn't know how to reach you.", Livilla says, "You of course are more than welcome in this humble gathering."

Togo
2013-10-15, 02:23 PM
Knocked? Invited you? Na, I don't think we had that capability. Particularly when ve didn't know you existed. Canary is rumaging through the wreckage and pulls out a chair. It's missing a couple of legs and is badly scorched. All ve could do is stick up a huge floating tower well in advance and hope to make contact with everyone we could. That seemed to be working quite well, until you turned up and killed a whole bunch of them.

He kicks at the base of the chair, causing it to flip upright, then throws one leg over it and sits down. The fact that it only has two legs doesn't seem to bother him. He leans over, picks up the shattered upper half of a wine jug and looks through it mornfully. Still, now that you're here, you might as well get comfortable. I'd offer you a drink but you've kinda blown it all up. Why not move the corpses of murdered innocents off that couch there and have a seat?

drack
2013-10-15, 02:35 PM
The Fool comments, somewhat distracted. "I'm not messy enough to leave bodies, just ashes, and don't all worlds have a creator out there somewhere? It's pretty rude to disregard this fact wouldn't you say?"

rweird
2013-10-15, 02:36 PM
OoC: Did he intentionally ignore my question, or did you just miss it?

Togo
2013-10-15, 07:09 PM
Then maybe you would be so kind says Canary patiently, as to sweep aside the ashes of those you have callously murdered before sitting down?

Canary shakes his head.

And na, a creator in residence is pretty rare, in the same way that an architect-in-residence is pretty unusual. Just because something created a place doesn't mean it still lives there. More common is creation by a prior generation of absentee deities, past cosmic forces now quiescent, or by a servitor race or deific being. Valhalla got created by contractors, the Abyss is a part of a creature that got stuck between dimensions, and Ptah, lesser diety of architecture and pathways has created... 26? no, 28 different places, mostly for other pantheons, although not all of those were full-scale worlds.

He looks thoughtful for a moment, and then continues.

You know, we have a member of one of those creator races with us. More small bespoke work than planets, and not really in your league, but if you ever want to talk shop... hmm... But no, the idea that a creator deity would hang around his creation wanting invitations to a cocktail party is pretty much a first for me.

rweird
2013-10-15, 07:17 PM
"Well, I hardly think they knew anything about this world before they came, I'm not sure how the invited most of the people, but I didn't know anything about this world either, and you didn't react like this. Did you bear any hostilities towards these people or the god they worship before they entered your realm?"

drack
2013-10-15, 07:33 PM
As if it's nothing the Fool brushes aside the second question. "They have no god." before continuing to address significant issues. "Were a god not to reside in their godly realm where would they reside?"

rweird
2013-10-29, 06:40 PM
The ambassador stops persisting in his discourse with the Fool, and instead approaches the skeletal dragon. "Sarthrmarc, could I have a word?" He asks.

Togo
2013-11-11, 07:29 PM
Well, most gods in my experience end up allying themselves with others of like ideals, and moving to the planes of ideals - the Outer Planes. The cosmic forces, good, evil and so on, are of course more potent than individual gods. By standing for something, you gain purpose. That leaves the mortal realms for, well, mortals. There's no point weighing things if you keep your thumb on the scales.

He sighs.

You do get some creatures lurking around left over from the Dawn of Creation, mourning the old days, and casually murdering anyone they cross. Sometimes they are considered gods, although they tend to be considerably less powerful, and are basically just big monsters. Our diplomat could give you a tale or two about those, but you just murdered him.

You have no gods here? We brought our own religions of course.

rweird
2013-11-11, 07:34 PM
"Oh, people worship gods here, at least some do, besides you of course. Divine powers aren't blocked or anything. The only god that lives here is the Fool. Most dwell on the outer planes, and have Divine Realms there, not here in the Deep Astral plane like the Fool does. This isn't the Prime Material Plane of this universe."

drack
2013-11-11, 08:10 PM
The skeletal dragon nods slightly, the pits where it's eyes should be following you.

Gods dwell in their own godly realms where they animate all manner of monstrosity to entertain them. Mine I fear is less intended for entertainment, yet the point stands. The Fool replies, melodramatically emphasizing his own misfortune that it isn't so.

"That and most of those monsters as you call them around these parts fight on even terms with your oh so precious..." Cutting off as if suddenly realizing something the tunic announces it's intent to "shut up" henceforth.

rweird
2013-11-12, 09:08 AM
"Do you have possession of a magic ring with the head of the Fool carved in it?"

drack
2013-12-06, 12:05 AM
Sarthrmarc looks down upon his barren skeletal form. "I do not believe I do at the moment. What's the importance of this ring?"

Togo
2013-12-06, 05:14 AM
Canary shakes his head again No, as I've said, they don't. They share their godly realms with others, allying to support a higher principle or ideal. Most deities are almost synonymous with the specific ideals they specialise in, and how those are used to support the highest principles of all. The kind of cosmic **** fighting you're describing is a rareity, more commonly associated with lower beings or fallen deities, who don't have much else to do. After all, if you can create worlds, you can influence the very overarching principles that make up the fabric of universe. Why would you want to go back to seeing how much wine you can fit into a bubble universe, or how many teeth you can fit into an abomination's mouth before it just falls over?

He pauses, and then looks at the Fool curiously.

Of course, this place could be different. Sorry, you said you had a point?

drack
2013-12-06, 12:13 PM
The fool shrugs, his body slowly twisting in ways that any normal human physiology wouldn't allow. "So deities did not create angels for instance? They do not create whole breeds to worship them and fight in their names? They do not create Harrods, trumpeters and divine guardians to defend and announce, not handmaidens to serve? This empire must be a wonderfully bland place free to the intervention of whimsical fantasy of the individual and of the masses if it truly is as you describe it, how ever do you cope?"

rweird
2013-12-06, 03:19 PM
"In your horde. Not on you." The ambassador clarifies.

drack
2013-12-06, 03:21 PM
"Ah..." Sarthrmarc the Destroyer seems skeptical about revealing information about his horde. "What of this ring?"

rweird
2013-12-06, 03:47 PM
"I was wondering if it would be possible to purchase it from you or gain it in some other sort of trade or deal."

Togo
2013-12-06, 04:15 PM
No, they didn't. Not as individuals. They created them together, using cosmic forces greater than themselves, not as monsters for their own amusement, but as embodiments of principles higher and more potent than any individual deity. That is why the heralds, trumpeters, and guardians partake of those higher principles, and represent and reflect those principles, and not individual deities.

He glances back at the Tahmar. The angular girl makes a gesture with both hands, picking up something, placing it on a clenched fist. He nods, then turns back to the divine being.

As above, so below. The races don't fight for individual gods either, except in very desperate circumstances, when any being of power would do. Most major races have complicated social structures that can't adequately be encompassed by a single god, and certainly don't act as their puppets, as a casual glance at any ecclesiastical schism will tell you. It's quite hard for worshipers to even understand a deity's wishes, let alone be slaves to their whim, and dedication to a particular deity is a choice made by the worshipper. And again, since that personal connection is rare and unclear, it's a choice made based on the overarching principles, and a choice to serve those principles. The deity can just be an intermediary, which is one reason worshippers are so often fickle, or worship according to the needs of the moment.

I don't know if you'd find our Kingdom bland, as a member of it... As below, so above. If we can work out how to create a society that really works, that incorporates the higher principles into mortal life, then we have the potential to develop in ways that can literally change the cosmos. Not just a single world, or a single plane, but the entire mutliverse, tapping into and aligning with cosmic powers greater than even the greatest gods. Society as pantheon, life as sacrement, remaking the mutliverse into a better place, as we remake ourselves into better people, by remaking ourselves as a better people.

Don't you miss it? The thrill of creation? The knowledge that by your actions something is coming about that will develop and grow? Have you never wanted to apply that yourself? To be part of something greater than what you are now, to build yourself into something greater still? Do you not ever dream, not of what you are now, but of what you could become?

Canary relaxes again.

Maybe you prefer things the way they are? Gatecrashing parties. Casual murder. Creating minions so you'll have someone to talk to. Nothing too challenging. You could be so much more...

He shrugs, his shoulders rolling. Behind him, the teenager notices the gesture, nods, and moves off in the direction of the dwarf.

...but you don't have to be.

Togo
2013-12-07, 06:43 AM
Canary is a reasonably pursuasive speaker, even without any particular preparations or magics.

Diplomacy[roll0]

drack
2013-12-07, 09:06 AM
"Yes, but you haven't told me what it would be used for yet."

The fool ***** his head "So then what do they do when they die?"

rweird
2013-12-07, 03:29 PM
"Trade it in exchange for the ability to learn more of this world."

drack
2013-12-07, 03:43 PM
"Why not cut out the middle man and just tell me what you want to know?"

rweird
2013-12-07, 06:16 PM
"I want to know many things. Where Izeldus is, why the portal that brought me here opened, who the ten are, what they are, why they plan their game, what their game is, if I am a piece, and if so, who's. I also want to know what happened to my old home and the Council, though that may be beyond anyones reach. I don't know if anyone on this plane knows all of this, which is why much of it I need to find for myself."

drack
2013-12-07, 06:18 PM
Who would you trade the ring with for such knowledge? I hardly think anyone here would know of your old world, let alone the whereabouts of Izeldus. If a mere ring could buy that people would have known ages ago.

rweird
2013-12-07, 06:21 PM
"I said the ability to, at least as I hypothesize, would allow me to learn, if a trade with the Fool."

drack
2013-12-07, 06:31 PM
The Fool may know, if he's truly agreed to such terms I'd be willing to learn the whereabouts of Izeldus for a trinket. What appearance did the face on the ring have?

rweird
2013-12-07, 07:49 PM
"It has the head of the Fool." He motions to the Fool (assuming they actually look similar). "The terms do not involve him telling me directly, just giving me a way to learn more, hopefully enough. If I do learn the whereabouts of Izeldus, I'll be sure to tell you."

drack
2013-12-07, 07:51 PM
"Yes, a way to learn should be enough, but you must be more specific. He changes it from time to time you see."

rweird
2013-12-07, 08:08 PM
"The ring is gold, the face is white with red eyes, and a triangular chin with a curly cue."

Togo
2013-12-08, 02:47 PM
Canary blinks.

Traditionally, the body stays, the spirit lingers, and the soul goes towards the cosmic force which best matches its actions in life. The form that this second life takes depends very much on which force that is, of course. Obviously, if you have spent your life serving a specific manifestation of an ideal, the deity that has dedicated themselves to that area may have some involvement. But the pattern remains. The universe is built of the deeds of the present. What you do, here and now, matters.

In practice, of course, it's a lot more complicated. No all races have souls, not all races go to an outer planes upon death, and so on. My companion may know more of the details. Do you want me to fetch him?

drack
2013-12-16, 09:06 PM
The skeletal dragon's hollow eyes lock on yours. "Vary well, but right after this trade you will tell me where Izeldus is or I will hunt you through eternity as the maggot you are."

Must be simpler when you have only one "god". Still, why wait around, would you do so had you power?

rweird
2013-12-17, 04:17 PM
"As I said before, I will tell you as soon as I learn anything about it. How long that'll take, I don't know. I do not believe success is certain in this endeavor, or easy."

Togo
2013-12-29, 10:59 AM
Canary sighs.

If I, or rather, if we, didn't have power, you wouldn't be here. The problem for those who can easily change things in the world, as always, is what to do once your great deeds are accomplished. Some simply decline - drift into the shadow of their own legend and have to exert themselves to petty threats and displays of power just to remind people that they feel respect is owed to them. They may even try cultivating enemies for this purpose, or inventing slights.

He glances over his shoulder again, at miss Tahmar.

Others, move on to greater deeds. What we are attempting to accomplish is nothing less than a utopia, or rather an expression of that ideal. Flashes of that ideal appear here and there, throughout the histories of these peoples we have come in contact with. We want to make it real. That creation, will change not just our lives in this world, but the cosmos as a whole, or so I'm told.

He comes to some semblance of attention.

Again, you really ought to get this kind of information from the source. Our ambassador, the head of our little delegation, is the best person to talk to.

One long leg snakes out behind him, and pulls forward a fallen chair. A quick kick, and it quivers upright. He scoops up a scant handful of ash, blood and debries, and lets it trickle through his fingers to form a sad little pile on the seat.

There. He give a bright, brittle smile. I'll give you two time to talk.

He gives a bare nod, turns smartly on his heel, and starts to move over towards Sarthamarc.

drack
2013-12-29, 12:57 PM
"You said you were trading for the means to learn, and now you say you cannot use them?" The long dead dragon looks down on you with those hollow eyes as if to challenge you to agree.

The overdeity's grin seems broader still as it steps around you placing it's ear to the ashes. Occasionally it nods energetically, and at times somberly. At last nodding to the pile of ashes the Fool replies aloud, it's first spoken words in the apparent conversation "I'm glad we had this talk. So in essence you've deluded yourselves into believing in the words of a false clergy that warships and speaks for that thoughtless monster, and flaunting it's immortal might it allows you to assist it in destroying creation under some petty ideals. Did I get that right?" The Fool waits a moment as if for a reply before shaking his head in disappointment.

Seeming to recover instantly the overdeity continues. "Here, I leave this to you that we may ever know what we share." With that the fool whips off his jingling hat, placing it smartly upon the small pile of ashes.

Pausing briefly he adds "You know, you were right, he cuts to the chase much quicker when he needs to, without all this squabble over the 'nature' of the cosmos." With that the Fool takes a seat beside the pile of ashes, seating himself on a chair that no longer exists where the table once lay.

rweird
2013-12-29, 01:10 PM
The ambassador doesn't let his feelings show, though maintains eye contact, and levelly explains: "Close. It is like if you give a warrior a Ghost Touch weapon to slay a Shadow, or just a magical one. Without it or some other ability to hit the Shadow, the warrior most certainly could not slay it, though wielding a Ghost Touch weapon doesn't insure that you will slay it. In both it is the user's merits that determine success or failure, though without it, or something of compatible power, failure is all but assured."

Drack:
Any magical auras on the hat/pile of ashes? Can I recognize if the Fool is using Speak With Dead or something to converse with the ashes, as opposed to pretending to have a conversation or something. I realize he very well might be conversing without it appear to be anything more than a fake conversation, but it never hurts to ask.