PDA

View Full Version : Hidecarved Dragon Pre-Epic

Vaz
2013-06-17, 11:10 AM
I know this has been done before, but it usually turns into someone stacking buffs (lke Dragon Rage, or Spells, or Wild Shape) etc on top of one another, or magic items, or infinite loops, or grafts, etc.

There are two Full Dragons PrC's which are available for Pre-Epic entry; the Dispassionate Watcher and the Hidecarved. Dispassionate Watcher is easy enough, and comes with a very useful, very cheesy way of accelerating casting out the wazoo.

I am looking for a way of getting into the Hidecarved Dragon without having all its early entry lost should one get stuck in an AMF.

So;

Any Dragon
Any Lawful
+20 NAB
+12 Will Save
Iron Will

To make it easier for feats, Otyugh Hole is on the table, bonus points though for not getting in, and of course, extra brownie points for more "UoSI"; the more use we can get out of Hidecarved Dragon, the better.

So far, all I've got is;

Tauric Half-Dragon [1HD Humanoid Race]/Cave Ankylosaur, which gets me +21 Natural Armour Bonus for 7 Dragon Racial Hit Dice, and 1 Humanoid HD which can be replaced with a Good Will Save Class, and +3 LA. I have a Will Save of +5 from the RHD, and I need +7 from the other class levels; 1 two-level dip, and 2 other single level dips in such good will save classes gets the +12 required.

In other words; ECL14 gets entry into it, leaving 6 levels remaining to take levels in it.

Can you beat it?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-17, 11:31 AM
Hmmm... Dustform Incarnate Construct Half-Dragon (Sapphire) Crucian gets you Dragon type, +17 NA and a Will save of +3, all for ECL 8 (3 RHD, 5 LA). I hate using Flaws, but since this is a thought experiment, why not. Take 2 Flaws, and then take Improved Natural Armor 3 times, (F, F, 1st) and Iron Will (3rd). Dip 5 Strong Will Classes (like, say, Dread Necromancer, Monk, Druid, Cleric and Wizard) to get a +13 to Will at ECL 13.

Mind you, this would never get seriously played.