PDA

View Full Version : The Coliseum

Provengreil
2013-06-17, 07:37 PM
The Hunt was on. Capital T, capital H. Not that your bretheren would understand...they never understood. They were always preoccupied with raiding this, or stabbing that. Little vindictive brats. That part was fine, of course, but they were just. So. Dumb about it.

Ah well, getting off track, though Grutstomp. They may be dumb, but they were still his family, and he was to feed them. He continued to track the deer. Such a kill could feed a goblin family for quite some time...and there it was, previously fired arrows sticking out. It would die soon, and all Grutstomp had to was wait.

Less than ten minutes later, the goblin was hands deep in the creature. So messy to clean it here, but too heavy to carry back as is. Reaching in to remove the intestines, Grutstomp froze. He was clutching the small intestine... and it was clutching back. As the frightened goblin was quickly pulled inside, the illusion faded, leaving nothing.

Meanwhile, less than a hundred miles away....

"Levistus will provide." Not strictly true, he couldn't directly do much of anything. But either Tonius had the dark one's own luck, or the Prince's scheming had benefited him time and again. How many times, once swearing service, had Tonius found himself in what seemed a bad situation, yet managed to skimp out? How many times had he managed to capture the attention of passersby, and enrapture them when they should have been trying to gut him for his words?

As he looked down at his ruined rations, he cursed his bout of clumsiness all the same. It was unbecoming of one with training such as his. No sense bothering, a town was just ahead. Small, but then that was where his words thrived best.

It was the strangest tavern Tonius had ever seen, but it appealed to him. dark places, lighter spots, almost made for a good, long winded tale. He was looking into his water, nursing it like a beer and debated which story to tell and how to strike it up. He looked deep into the water, and something recoiled in the back of his mind. Resistance, however, seemed useless. Deeper, deeper...In the dark recess of the pub, well trained servant of darkness was sucked into a tankard of clean water, and nobody even seemed to notice.

Both of you wake up, your hands bound, stripped to just basic clothing. you're chained in a line of 5, 2 gnolls, the goblin Grutstomp, the human Tonius, and an elf in the back. two figures stare silently at you all as you groggily get to your feet. One bears strange tattoos and is dressed in a red robe, carrying a staff. The other looks rather like a werewolf, but is more in control than the stories would lead you to believe. Strange blue handwraps adorn his forearms, and he wears nothing but pants. He speaks in deep, gutteral tones. "That one...and the goblin are fit, I think. Take the gnolls to the tanks, but the elf might make a good servant, master."

The robed man replies, "Very well. As before, I'll trust you assessments." You are unchained from the others, and a pair of guards enters the room. The wolf-man turns and begins to walk down the hallway, and the guards half carry, half drag you along. As you attempt to speak up, you realize you cannot: you're still under at least one spell. as he leads on, the wolf begins to talk to you.

"Welcome to the coliseum. You are now under our power, and you're not getting out. Get used to it, or throw yourselves upon a blade and be done. I picked you because you two look like you actually had some gumption: the gnolls rarely do anything but blindly attack whatever they see, and the elves are known for dying too quickly. But you two show some promise. We're taking you straight to the trial dungeon: make it through, and we'll talk more. Don't like it? like I said before...find a blade and throw yourself on it, because it's the only way out."

He stops at a trapdoor, and your bonds are released. you still cannot move, however. As he opens the trapdoor, a hint of magic flickers at it's edge. "Put them in." Grutstomp goes in first, followed quickly by Tonius. as you pass the barrier, you regain control of yourself, and you land in a pile of straw. The trapdoor closes fast above you, sealing you in.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-17, 08:02 PM
Grutstomp hisses a curse and rolls away from the human. Growling he sits up and looks around trying to gather his bearings.

Provengreil
2013-06-17, 08:04 PM
You take stock of the room around you. Reddish yellow stone is lit by torches around the chamber. 3 doors, leading south, east, and west, stand unlocked, with openable slots at a human's eye level. A central column stand in the center, a cylindrical shelf surrounding it. On it you see light and medium armors, and a small selection of weapons, as well as a few miscellaneous items. lining the north wall are several strange things to see: a sinning wheel, a loom, a small smelter with some anvils nearby, and the tools to use each.

Exact contents of the shelf:

2 leather armors*
2 scale mails*
1 heavy shield
5 daggers
10 shuriken
20 arrows
2 longbows*
10 feet of rope
2 small backpacks with adjustable straps

*one each in medium and small sizes. All other items are assumed to be medium unless otherwise specified.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-17, 09:06 PM
Rising from the hay with a wan smile, "I suppose I'll have another story after all of this. You, goblin. I doubt whatever they've prepared will be easy to face alone. What say we work together long enough to pulverize whoever put us here, before we're at each others' throats?"

Looking over the contents of the shelf, "This reminds me of a tale of two doomed explorers, a fish-man and a foolish cleric of Graz'zt. I pray Levistus shall grant us a better fate than theirs. I need nothing from this shelf, except perhaps the rope. The rest is all yours."

I'll take the rope, coil it into a loop and tie its ends together so it forms a bound loop I can put over one shoulder, then do so.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-18, 04:51 AM
Grutstomp grabs some items from the shelf (the small studded leather armor and longbow, all the arrows, a backpack, and two daggers). He gave the human a pained look, not wanting to work with such creature, but given his options…. “Fine, check the door human” Turning, he put on the armor and made ready his bow.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-18, 08:07 AM
"Very well."

I shall move to the east door, and open the eye-level slot so that I may look through.

Provengreil
2013-06-18, 02:36 PM
This room is fairly simple. The room is bare, with a door at the far end. Off to one side is a pit, you can't see into it from the door. A plank juts out above it, and attached to the plank are a number of large but very dull spikes, more making it difficult to stand on than hurt you. Two bottles, filled with some liquid or another, sit at the end of the plank.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-18, 06:20 PM
((Assuming this info is relayed))

Grutstomp takes one last look around the room and cautiously moves out and to the edge of the pit to further examine it.

Provengreil
2013-06-18, 07:30 PM
The door hasn't been opened, he's just looking through a sort of large peep hole. Each door has one, though if the door is locked the hole is always locked as well.

However, I will simply assume you open the door rather than ask on this one, because there is no danger in this room.

The potions, as that's obviously what they are, are about eight feet out on the plank. the plank itself is attached to the floor quite sturdily. The pit is ten feet deep, with a ladder leading out of it. Should you want to reach the potions, you'll have to walk on the uneven surfaces of the plank.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-18, 08:14 PM
Smirking, Grutstomp steps onto the plank and tries to move towards the potions.

((Balance I presume?))
[roll0]

Provengreil
2013-06-18, 08:22 PM
It is indeed balance.

You step lightly around the rounded spikes adorning the plank, taking your time and hunching your already low stature. As you near the end, you worry for a moment as the plank begins to bounce, but the potions do not fall and you manage to collect them, and return safely. Inspecting the bottles, you find a small note attached under them, saying "healing".

both of you take 50XP, and decide how you'd like to split a pair of potions of cure moderate wounds (that's 2d8+3 HP).

There are no further challenges in the room: the floor and walls are fairly smooth and bare. Exits are east(which is backwards) and west.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-18, 09:08 PM
Grutstomp ponders on giving one of the potions to the human, and regrettably does so. Without a word, he motions for the human to examine the west door.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-18, 09:19 PM
I'll smile and take the potion, then examine the door, looking through its slot.

Provengreil
2013-06-19, 05:29 AM
The next room contains a single man at the far end, wearing a sleeveless robe and a pair of the same handwraps your captor was holding. The one on his right hands glows rather vibrantly. He stands at a sort of half-eased position, his fists held ready in front of his waist. He glares directly at you through the slot, but neither moves nor talks.

The far end of the room has a stairway rather than a door. This would seem to be the way out.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-19, 05:49 AM
((Again assuming this info is relayed))

Grutstomp gives a small growl. He was in no mood to a confrontation just yet. Taking out his bow and setting up an arrow he moved behind the human and motions for him to open the door. He readies himself to unleash the arrow, if the figure on the other side of the door does anything hostile.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-19, 10:18 AM
I'll crack the door open just enough to give Grutstomp the shot he needs.

Provengreil
2013-06-19, 03:47 PM
I think you guys need to decide if you're going to enter combat or not, then repost your action sets. Grutstomp cannot do combat and noncombat actions at the same time (general inspections, readying actions). As for cracking the door, that's only gonna work in any capacity if Grutsomp is right there, which he isn't if he's inspecting the room.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-19, 04:38 PM
I think there may have been some confusion on my actions, so I'll use this opportunity to see if I can move things to my advantage before going into possible combat. So I'll be moving back to where the info about the man was relayed.

Grutstomp gives a small growl. He was in no mood for combat just yet. He nods an affirmative his human ally. "I am Grutstomp," he says with a hiss, "I'm going to inspect this room some. I vould suggest picking up at least those throwing stars." He starts to turn. "And if ve make it out of this. I vould like to hear that story about the fish man and the cleric." Moving around the room, he examines where the light in the room is coming from and also does a thorough inspection of the room.

[roll0]

Provengreil
2013-06-19, 04:46 PM
The room is the same yellow/red stone as before. There are no features to speak of: the dirty floor shows many signs of travel by various creatures, but nothing likes to stay long, apparently.

The wooden plank is bolted to the floor, made of simple oak. The rounded spikes look almost like solidified mudpiles, though they're much stronger.

The pit that the plank hung over is ten feet deep, and the stone at the far edges is rounded, as if whoever carved it out couldn't even be bothered to corner it out.

The room is lit with an unidentifiable, diffuse glow. there is no apparent source: the light just kind of is.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-19, 06:34 PM
I'll stand ready at the door to the next area. I'm ready to face our new foe.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-19, 06:38 PM
Getting his bow ready, Grutstomp gave a sneer and nodded for Tonius to proceed through.

Provengreil
2013-06-19, 07:52 PM
Crazy, please keep track of which tense you're using in a given sentence, at the very least.

Tonius is the first to proceed. He touches the door, ready to open it...and as he gives the slightest push, is sucked straight through. Realizing his best chances are with the big one still alive, Grutstomp jumps after.

Both of you appear on the other side of the door, right next to each other: Tonius on the left, Grutstomp on the right. the room is 40X40, and you each have a sealed door immediately behind you, and 15 feet of room to your left or right. The man at the other end gives a slight nod, and reacts before you have a chance to process what just happened.

"So you've come already. That's rather quick. I wonder, were you hasty, focused, or foolish?" He raises his right hand, and makes a motion with his fingers while his left touches his own chest. Right next to him, with a whooshing sound and some strange tinkling noises, a perfect copy of him appears. However, instead of cloth, flesh, and color, it is a monochromatic moving statue of pure, orange-tinted glass. The simultaneously put their backs to each other with one hand toward you, a double closed stance. Please roll initiative.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-19, 08:10 PM
Rolling for initiative

[roll0]

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-19, 08:50 PM
Initiative Roll 9

Provengreil
2013-06-19, 09:42 PM
As the doppleganger finishes taking shape, the blue glow fades from the handwrap, leaving a matching dull blue to the left wrap.

"Let us begin."

Simputanously, in perfect mirror moves, he and the construct split apart and move in, but they come to a more defensive stance ten feet in front of you and five feet to either side, real one on Tonius' side, glass on Grutstomp's side.

Grutstomp is up.

Initiative is:
Enemy
Grutstomp
Tonius

T is Tonius (A4)
G is Grutstomp(A5)
R is the real version(D3)
F is the fake version(D6)

I put the row/column labels there for a reason. if you're moving, please use them.

{table=head]ROW|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3| | | |R| | | |
4|T| | | | | | |
5|G| | | | | | |
6| | | |F| | | |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-20, 05:44 AM
I'm going to take a 5 ft step backwards and fire two arrows at the doppleganger.

[roll0] : To hit

[roll1] : Damage

[roll2] : To hit with rapid fire

[roll3] : Damage

Provengreil
2013-06-20, 07:52 AM
Dude, really? your back is to the wall. You just fire the shots.

The first shot flies straight at the glass, but it brushes the side of the arrow with its outstretched hand, sweeping it aside. The second arrow seems about to take advantage of the opening created by the first. However, the real man takes a step north in response, and the doppleganger takes a mirrored step south. Your arrow misses, and they are now in D2 and D7.

Tonius is up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-20, 10:44 AM
I'm going to move 35 feet the long way to D2, on the real gladatorial worker's side. As I move in I'll duck under his guarded stance and deliver an elbow to his face, and I'm going to use my Stunning Fist on this attack, forcing a FORT save DC 14 if it hits.

Attack Roll 20
Damage Roll 3

If he fails the FORT save, he'll be Stunned for 1 round

Provengreil
2013-06-20, 11:12 AM
As you close in on him, running around from the north, he doesn't even pay attention. however, his feet move anyway, and so does the doppleganger:
they move towards each other, again putting their backs together in a double closed stance. You're left standing in C1, with no target. You do not throw your stunning fist, and have instead a standard action you may still take.

1| | |T| | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3| | | | | | | |
4| | | | |R| | |
5|G| | | |F| | |
6| | | | | | | |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-20, 11:39 AM
"You cannot outrun me."

I will move 40 feet in a semicircle around the real opponent, ending my move at square 4F.

That is all for now.

Provengreil
2013-06-20, 01:36 PM
"It does rather seem I can draw you in, however. I am forced again to wonder...Were you hasty, focused, or merely foolish?" He and the doppleganger spin to face Tonius. He throws a knife hand chop, easily blocked, but it turns out to have been a cover for a savage kick to the ribs, one which will surely leave a mark. As he performs these moves, the glass doppleganger mimicks the movements perfectly, right down to the instant stop of the foot as the kick lands.

They both hop a step backwards, then turn and run to flank Grutstomp, but the real version stays curiously far away for such an action. The glass construct takes a threatening stance, mimicked by the man, but makes no attacks.

Mechanical info

Flurry of blows: one miss, one confirmed critical. Take 12 damage.
5 foot step backwards, followed by movement as described.

New map:
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3|R| | | | | | |
4| | | | | |T| |
5|G| | | | | | |
6|F| | | | | | |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-20, 06:42 PM
I'm going to take a 5ft step to B5 and fire two arrows at the real person.

: To hit

[roll2] : To hit with rapid shot

[roll1d6+6 : Damage

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-20, 06:43 PM
The second hit is a critical

[roll0]

[roll1] Damage x2

Provengreil
2013-06-20, 08:41 PM
As you draw you bow, the Glass doppleganger attempts to interfete, but you use your size to you advantage, and duck out of the way. Just as before, however, your target manages to defelect your fist blow, and they both move simltaneously and completely dodge your second.

Their new positions are at B4(real) and B5(Doppleganger).

Tonius is up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-20, 09:46 PM
I'll quaff my healing potion, healing 13 damage and leaving me at full HP.

That is all I can do this round.

Provengreil
2013-06-21, 05:34 AM
The man and his copy throw a perfectly matched pair of kicks. The glass attacks Grutstomp, but the man is just uselessly kicking the air in front of him. One see-through foot lands a glancing blow, and they step back and break off a bit.

Grutstomp takes 3 damage.

EDIT: Grutsomp's turn.

New map:
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3| | |R| | | | |
4| | | | | |T| |
5|G| | | | | | |
6| | |F| | | | |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-21, 06:48 PM
With a grumble Grutstomp, shakes off the wound. “So much for that idea,” he hissed as he resorts to his next plan. He runs past the glass copy, attempting to tumble past it and heads to Tonius side. “So I guess we’ll do a bit of back to back fighting then,” he says to Tonius.

((Moving to A5 and tumbling if needed. If not then I’ll ready to fire an arrow if any move within ten feet of Tonius or myself. I’ll go ahead and roll both things to save time))

[roll0] : Tumble

[roll1] : Attack ((If tumble not needed))

[roll2] : Damage

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-21, 07:40 PM
I meant I'm moving to F5... long day...

Provengreil
2013-06-21, 09:58 PM
A tumble is definitely needed, but you successfully make it.

Tonius is up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-21, 11:02 PM
I'm going to engage in a Total Defensive stance and stay right where I am.

"Our opponents are smart. Time to get serious, or else we'll die before our tale has meaning."

Provengreil
2013-06-22, 08:22 AM
"Cowering as soon as things get the slightest bit tough? I suppose I can strike focused from the options."

The man and his copy rush in, kicking low, one kick at each of you from the squares E2 and E6. Tonius' focus on defense allows him to see this coming, however, and he shouts for Grutstomp to jump. Grutstomp reacts in time, and you both clear the mirrored ankle sweeps. The enemy pulls back again, leaving himself open, but Tonius is too focused on reading his opponent to react and Grutstomp is using a bow.

The end their moves with yet another defensive stance right where they started.

New map:
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3| | |R| | | | |
4| | | | | |T| |
5| | | | | |G| |
6| | |F| | | | |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-22, 02:55 PM
Grutstomp holds his ground, waiting to fire an arrow when either of his opponents least expects it. "So while we're here," he says, "Care to explain where we are, what we're doing here, etc etc?"

((Readying an action as described above))

Provengreil
2013-06-22, 03:21 PM
sorry, not quite. you need a trigger action. What event or condition is setting your arrow loose?

Tonius is up, but the enemy won't take a turn Crazy clarifies his choice.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-22, 03:30 PM
The trigger action will be if/when the opponents move in.

Provengreil
2013-06-22, 05:23 PM
at what point is an opponent considered to have moved in? melee range? ten feet? first twitch forward?

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-22, 10:00 PM
Actually I've been thinking about it. I'm just gonna do a total defense action.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-23, 09:41 PM
I am also going to stay where I am and maintain my Total Defense for another round. I'm plotting my next move cautiously.

Provengreil
2013-06-24, 05:27 AM
Your matched enemies move in around you, putting your backs to each other. "Such weakness, haste backed by neither thought nor power. The other choices in your group must have been sad indeed."

The real one lashes out with a kick, the glass doing the same. Both miss, one dodged and one simply high. Then, unexpectedly, a pair of blows issues forth as well, gut shots to Tonius but headshots at Grutstomp. One looked like it might have hit you, Tonius, but you manage to block it. For all his ridiculous defensive abilities, his strikes seem to lack power.

Rather than retreating as before, the two stay in combat with you, pressing in on your defenses.

New map:
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3| | | | | |R| |
4| | | | | |T| |
5| | | | | |G| |
6| | | | | |F| |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-24, 07:03 PM
I'm going to take my turn in parts.

First I'm going to do a tumble check to go under the fake to get to f8

[roll0]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-24, 07:08 PM
So since that won't make it. I'll just get in a defensive stance.

Provengreil
2013-06-24, 07:34 PM
Actually, you do move and you do provoke. Failure on a tumble check means you still move, but provoke.

As you attempt to duck past, the glass figure gives a light, sharp hand chop to your shoulder. It stings a bit, but isn't too bad really.

take one damage, you're in F8 with a standard action remaining.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-24, 07:53 PM
Alright then, I'm going to fire an arrow at at.

[roll0]

Provengreil
2013-06-24, 08:25 PM
Which will miss rather horrifically. Try to steady up from the tumble next time.

Tonius, you're up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-24, 11:15 PM
I'll Flurry of Blows at the real figure, attempting to spin, elbowing him in the face, and kick him at the end of the spin.

Attack Rolls: 19, 19
1st Damage Roll: 1
2nd Damage Roll: 4

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-25, 05:12 AM
I'm going to move to five foot step to F7 and fire two arrows at the fake image.

[roll0] : To hit 1
[roll1] : damage 1
[roll2] : to hit 2
[roll3] : damage 2

Provengreil
2013-06-25, 06:23 AM
You reposition him with an elbow strike, dealing light damage but finally stopping his movements just long enough to give him a swift spin kick, right into the temple. Both he and the doppleganger recoil, shake their heads, and glare at you.

"Hmm. I wonder...."

The man rubs his head for a beat, then refocuses on the attack. Rather than do anything fancy, he throws a pair of direct punches, which you block without too much effort. Grutstomp notes again that the doppleganger mirrors his attacks, punching straight into the air behind Tonius. They each take a step away form Tonius and raise their hands in preparation.

Crazy, you skipped your opponent's turn, the above actions did not happen. you're up.

New map:
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | |R| |
3| | | | | | | |
4| | | | | |T| |
5| | | | | | | |
6| | | | | | | |
7| | | | | |F| |
8| | | | | |G| |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-25, 06:25 PM
Sorry, misread you message from earlier.

Going to once again tumble past the fake, move to E4 and fire an arrow at the real one.

[roll0] : Tumble
[roll1] : to hit
[roll2] : damage

Provengreil
2013-06-25, 07:19 PM
The arrow whistles towards the man, a true shot...and he simply swats it out of the way, largely unfazed. The doppleganger mirrors the wave movement behind you.

Tonius is up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-25, 09:02 PM
Flurry of Blows on the real target again, knee up then swing around with my elbow:

To-Hit: 14, 19
Damage: 1 and 2 respectively

"Goblin, like me, this man can deflect arrows. We may need to try something else."

See Deflect Arrows Feat

Provengreil
2013-06-26, 05:50 AM
As you step in, again, they split off and run around you, leaving you again with no target.

"Still no thought. As I suspected, twas naught but foolishness after all."

You're in F3, they're in D4 and D5. Your 5 foot step may be counted against movement should your next action be a move action, rather than something that denies you further mobility. you have a full round still at -5 movement.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-26, 02:02 PM
I want to move to E4 or E5, whichever one the fake one is at, and punch it as hard as I can.

Attack 18
Damage 6

Provengreil
2013-06-26, 03:59 PM
Spotting their change of direction, you swap targets and move to collide with the false opponent. He (they) manage to set up a defensive stance in time, but can neither move nor block the incoming fist. Your fist drives directly into the figure's brittle chest, and a shattering sound rewards you. The hopelessly cracked torso splinters apart under the strain of even the slightest further movement, then the whole thing falls to shards that vanish into wisps of reddish smoke then nothing.

You've destroyed the doppleganger!

The remaining enemy's eyes widen with alarm, but he refocuses and batters at Tonius. Gripping your punching arm to stop blows, he gives a pair of swift chops to your neck and head, but the blows are a bit too weak to cause real damage.

Take 4 damage from 2 hits (flurry of blows). New map below, X is the position of where the doppleganger is killed. no remains are visible. Grutstomp is up.

EDIT: Tonius is NOT grappled, that was just a flavorful description.

New map:
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3| | | | | | | |
4| | | |R|G| | |
5| | | |X|T| | |
6| | | | | | | |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-26, 04:05 PM
Going to take a 5ft step to 4F and fire two arrows.

[roll0] : To hit 1
[roll2] : To hit 2
[roll3] : Damage

"What do you want me to do? Run up and bite him?"

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-06-26, 04:06 PM
Reroll for damage 2

[roll0]

Provengreil
2013-06-26, 04:13 PM
Taking advantage of your enemy's position on your ally, you draw a bead and let fly. He notices your first shot and lets go of Tonius in time to swat away the arrow, but the second shot catches him in the right torso, sinking deep. Your expertise in targeting humans is finally paying off in here, it seems. He's not dead, but he'll need at least a week and a half to recover naturally.

Tonius is up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-27, 07:30 PM
I'll 5-ft step to D5, then Flurry of Blows at our opponent, going in for a headbutt and then a knee.

To Hit: 15
Damage: 4

To Hit: 16
Damage: 1

Provengreil
2013-06-27, 09:00 PM
Still staggering from the arrow he manages to stop the head but eats the knee doing so.

In desperation, he attempts to grab Tonius, albeit inexpertly. Roll an attack of opportunity and a strength check.

Strength check (if AoO misses): 16

If Tonius's AoO hits, no further action. if it misses, and the enemy's strength check is higher, Tonius is grappled and takes 5 damage from the initial hold.

New map:
1| | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | | |
3| | | | | | | |
4| | | |R| |G| |
5| | | |T| | | |
6| | | | | | | |
7| | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | |
[/table]

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-27, 09:55 PM
AOO To Hit: 11
AOO Damage: 4
(Based on earlier rolls, assuming that's not going to hit)

Strength Check: 11

Provengreil
2013-06-28, 06:19 AM
And you're grappled. Take the 5 damage from earlier, but nothing more happens.

Grutstomp's move. their positions the the board haven't changed yet, though they will if your opponent maintains the grapple (they'll move into the same space). Right now, should you shoot, both targets have no DEX modifier to their AC, but it's a coinflip as to who it hits. If you decide to shoot, roll a d2 before each roll. 1 is your enemy, 2 is your ally.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-28, 09:02 AM
For the record, I am now unconscious at -1 HP.

EDIT: My bad, apparently I forgot to record my potion-taking :P

Provengreil
2013-06-28, 03:56 PM
No, you aren't. you forgot to record your healing potion: the first 12 damage you took was erased. since then you've only taken 9.

CrazyLittle is out of good internet service and has asked me to roll his attack round, he chose to full attack even with the coinflips.

Grutstomp observes the melee for a moment, then draws his bow and takes aim, letting a pair of arrows loose. One hits each grappler, but at this point the enemy has had enough and his strength begins to drain quite fast. Tonius takes advantage of the lapse, pushing the foe to the ground, where he lays bleeding and unconscious.

Tonius, take a further 7 damage.

You've defeated the mirror monk! each of you take 500 XP.

you're in another featureless room. to the east, an open staircase leads out of the dungeon. To the west, a door leads back in, though there are no handles.

Provengreil
2013-06-29, 11:34 AM
For the record, I am now unconscious at -1 HP.

EDIT: My bad, apparently I forgot to record my potion-taking :P

Yeah, when you said that I mentally threw the parking brake, it sounded off.

Anyway, posting for crazy again:

Grutstomp steps forward to the bleeding figure, inspecting it. Deep wounds from the arrows spell bad news, but a healing spell and/or some good care could still save him. "The Hunt is not quite finished, it would seem."

He draws his bow, taking careful aim into the man's throat, and lets fly.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-29, 05:45 PM
Tonius smiles. "May the same fate befall any who would wish to hold captive a follower of Levistus..."

I'd like to search the monk's body, then take a look at the room, noting anything unusual and the location of the next door.

Provengreil
2013-06-29, 10:07 PM
The monk wears simple robes, similar to your own in fact, insomuch as anything would really be different about plain robes. The only things unusual on his person are the handwraps. While the one on his right hand glowed an electric blue when you entered, the color was drained when he summoned his copy. Now it, like its mate, is a plain blue wrap similar to a bandage. Testing a corner, it seems to have an ever so slight adhesive quality to keep itself wrapped, but comes off easily enough; you could take them if you wanted. You cannot identify the type of cloth they're woven from.

The room itself sports the same austere emptiness found in the other rooms you surveyed. The floor tiles on this one seem a bit cleaner, but aside from that it's the same. The same bizarre, sourceless lighting, reddish yellow stone, the same air, just the tiniest hint of a breeze you can't even be sure isn't your imagination. Exits are west, back the way you came, though the door has no handles, and east, up an open stairway.

DuSlaanesh
2013-06-30, 11:37 PM
I'll head for the east exit.

Provengreil
2013-07-01, 05:35 AM
As you reach the top of the stairs, you see the exit goes into a small cage, room for four people to stand. This room, unlike the dungeon below, is lit with torchlight and, outside your cage, is covered by a dirty rug. A couple of tables and some chairs sit in this room, and there are 4 doors. A large, barred window lets plenty of light and air in from the west. The only two inhabitants are the tattooed man from before and the werewolf-like creature from before. They're sitting at one of the tables with a large crystal ball in front of them, and within it you can see yourselves.

The man speaks first. "What would you say they scored?"

The gruff reply comes: "Strangely, I think it comes out pretty high. They can't waste resources they di'nt find. So that's high. They ran right into the monk, with no preparation or anything special to fight him with. So adversity's high. Simply batterin their way through the monk won't get the crowd going, but that was quite the finish to the fight, almost instant from breakin the copy to knockin him out.

"Ah, you're up 'ere, then. What did you think?"

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-01, 09:47 AM
Coming out of the offensive stance I would have taken upon seeing them:
"... I think it's going to be some time before I'll be leaving here. If that warrior was meant simply to test us, there are powerful people in this place. Much as I loathe the feeling of being trapped, this coliseum of yours may be a suitable place to prove my worth to my master."

"That being said, what are your intentions for us now?"

Provengreil
2013-07-01, 05:07 PM
The wolf-man laughs.

"Hahahahaha! Oi, but can I pick 'em! 'ear dat? he's gonna prove his worth for us, and he bows to power. Our job's 'alf done."

The tatooed man nods, and speaks in a slow, measured voice. "Yes, it is, Mok. Now, silence.

"Your assumptions, young man, are correct. You are to call me Master Sardris. I am the circle master of Illusions. Your choices were to be thus: Join our anera group as a threesome, with a partner in Mok here, or go to the tanks. As you may guess, the tanks are an unpleasant experience. You would be tortured, your pain extracted for spellpower, until you die. Your escaping soul would be captured, and burned for energy, and we'd hand your corpse to our necromancers."

Sardris reaches into his robes and pulls out 4 blue strips of cloth. "Put these handwraps on." As you begin to do so, he explains, "These will bind you to our service. through them, we can cast any spell we wish from our central casting room with you as target. You will not escape. They heal as your skin does, and cannot come off without strong arcane intervention, or in the event of your demise. Should you escape, you will be trapped in an illusion, and we will simply come collect you. You will then go to the tanks." As you look down, the wraps have shrunk to fit your hands, leaving the fingers bare. they are the same dim blue that was on the monk's hands, the same as are on Mok's arms.

"You will fight in my name in our arenas. Score well, and you will find your life easier. Score poorly, and we will make you try harder next time, be sure of it. I have business to attend. Mok is your partner, but also your trainer. Disobey, and you will be compelled to obey. Continue to resist, and you risk becoming more trouble than you're worth. Do not disappoint me." He turns, and strides from the room via the west exit.

Mok speaks up. "Aye, it's as he said. My name is Mok'Orosh Narthuum, or just Mok to everyone. I'll be your traina." He picks up a key from next to the orb, and unlocks your cage. "As well as your only friend. I'm one of the best gladiators around. Our first match is in three days. All you'll really get outta training between now and then is information. You'll get a short tour of what we've got, meet a couple of your training mates, who you'll come to hate, and just maybe learn the rules well enough to put on a decent show. The guys you're replacing bit the dust in their last match, and none of our others can come close.

"So the questions to ask are, whatcha names, and whatcha skills?"

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-01, 06:04 PM
My name is Tonius. I'm a monk of Levistus, and while I might not be the strongest, my unarmed blows are very accurate, I'm skilled in evading attacks, and I'm trained in deflecting projectiles. I'm also a skilled storyteller, though I doubt that will matter much here.

Provengreil
2013-07-06, 12:52 PM
I have a little while, so I'll post a long one. I will be out at least 4 days, though, so there won't be much for that time. All spoilers are just to divide the post into sections and make it shorter on the page, open them as you get to them.
Grutstomp says, "I'm Grutstomp, a hunter. I can track, shoot, and am particularly well versed in hunting man. I also have a small variety of lesser skills, and given time, I can even train a small animal to fight with me. Would something like that, perhaps a viper, be allowed?"

Mok replies, "Your kind ain't unh'eard of here, we can find you somethin. Probably dig into the wizard's pet shop, they 'ave a few unusual familiars for sale.

"As for you," pointing at Tonius, "I've 'eard the name Levistus before. Never knew he 'ad monks walkin around for im. But you might be able to cover some of the more unusual angles with that kinda skillset. Whether you both turn out good or not, it time for a little tour o' your livin spaces. So keep ya gobs shut an' ya ears open, and follow me." He unlocks the door.

"This room's an observation room for the trainin dungeon, which you just came out of. While us gladiators call everything 'The Arena', there's actually 16 uvvem. 8 each real and trainin, 2 for every magical school. We 'old the games once every 3 weeks, and each time its sponsored by the next circle in line. You're in luck, the Illusion tower is up in a coupla days. That means we can fix it a bit to make ourselves look more flashy, score a strong opening for a new team. Which brings me to my next topic, and the next room."

He leads you to another room (don't worry about directions and the like: should we ever need combat navigation in these areas, I'll write and push out a map.). This room is covered with huge parchment on the walls, each about 3 feet wide by 5 tall. Most have writing, two do not. "This here's the record room. You can walk in and see anyone in our tower's records. As you can see, there's 7 of us, including you two. Your parchments are blank, they'll be filled in with time. Mine," He points to the one that has another scroll crudely attached to the bottom, trailing to the floor, "Is rather lengthy. I'm the best in the tower, and probably of all the towers."

"Your points are scored in 3 ways. The first way is efficiency. Most challenges can be solved in one of several ways. Find one, and you'll find yourself in possession of extra resources, less pain, greater rewards, and so on. You also get more points here for it. The solutions can range from weapon type to application of a specific spell. Occasionally, you just won't have the way on ya, but it's always accessible somewhere, somehow. The 'ard part is figuring out which bit of crap you found is right, or if it's just some skill you gotta have.

"The second way, and most important, is impressin' the wizards themselves. While impressin the crowd gains the tower prestige, it's not them what gives you food. Each top wizard in attendance, and its always all of em, gets 3 votes for a team, and isn't allowed to vote for their own. So they pick their top 3 favorite enemies. You earn the impression of a wizard by finding and making good use of resources in a way that shows good use of their school. Usin' a lighting bolt to destroy an object scores you a point in the evokers, or changin it to benefit you gives the transmuters a fuzzy feelin.

"The last way to earn points is tenacity. Bashing through everything, coming out the other end bleeding and burnt but victorious, will get the crowd nice and riled if you do it right. This seems like the opposite of efficiency, but it's not. Takin the pain isn't necessary to score these points, so you can do both. For example. Had you not run straight for the monk, you could 'ave found some acid in that dungeon. It would'a made quick work of that glass thing, and then you could'a gone nuts on the monk 'imself. Remember though, the crowd in general has the least power over your fate. They don't pay for anything but entrance.

"Now I'm sure you're won'drin, how should we cast spells? It's them armbands. you can choose 2 spells to pack into them, and take em with you. that's part o' what your points are for: the more have, the higher level o' spells you can take. Right now, you're each gettin' a first level spell, or up to third in Illusion because that's our tower. It's also not un'eard of for gladiators to find some tut'rin, and learn to do some small tricks themselves.

"The other point of the points is that as your points get higher, you get to carry more equipment going in. You can always count on basic gear, but magical equipment is important. you don't get to choose it though: it's kinda random."

Leading you onward, he walks down a hallway and through a variety of rooms, explaining their purpose on the way. There's more training space than you could imagine would be necessary for just 9 occupants. You could train anything you wanted here, anything at all.

"And finally, we 'ave the armory. Grutstomp, you'll 'ave to return that bow. you can keep and wear the armor if you like, though. I do recommend you take the time and try makin' your own, just for practice. You never know what you'll need to do in there.

"So now that I've shown you around, your schedule. You must spend one hour each day in the library, learning something. No one cares what, but something. You must also spend one hour doing some sort of exercise, and keep yourselves fit. The rest of the time is left up to you, but if you don't perform in the arena, that'll change right quick."

" Last and least, our mates. There's 6 uvvem now, but I don't think Krag'll make it through our arena. Right now our tower has had some recent deaths, and we need some strong showings to make up for it. Anyway, you saw some of em on our little tour, but they know better than to gab off when I'm talkin.

First is krag, that big half orc we saw. Really dumb, mean spirited. not an effective combo 'ere. He's also not as tough as he thinks he is, but I still would avoid trainin against him: if e's lookin for a sparrin partner, get busy with a book or somethin, cause he doesn't know when to stop sparrin.

Then there's Jack, a 'uman we didn't see. E was mediocre, but manifested sorceror powers. Now he's in limbo, they aren't sure what to do with him. You can be a wizard if you want, and if you can find a wizard willing to teach you a few tricks when your in the library, but that could have some backlash too.

Then there's Gnasher, that scarred up gnoll. I don't think that's his real name, but it's what 'e told us. Anywise, he's a combatant who fights with teeth and claws. I can too, but I don't much care for it when I can get a blade. E's a tough one to kill, but that's it, really.

The last are a pair of elves, brother and sister. Kilith and Shan'ri are their names, and you genuinely cant tell which is which until you see em naked. By now they both just answer to either name, people get em confused so much. One of em's a sneaky bastard who's good with knives and shuriken, the other can tell a tale for hours. Don't know which role belongs to which name...or gender. Come to think uvvit, I don't even know which name and gender go together."

"Well then, my throats pretty dry so I'm done gabbin. Your training starts tomorrow, but take it easy; arena's in only a couple days. Any questions?"

BONUS TIME!
While leveling up in the arena series, you get two bonuses.
1. You get an extra skill point. this point must be spent in any knowledge skill.
2. You are under the effects of the Able Learner feat. cross class skills now only cost one point to increase, though their standard cap(half the level of the maximum of a class skill) still applies.

In addition, if you try and find a tutor, you can now take levels of wizard. If this option interests you, contact me about it.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-07, 11:56 AM
“Just a couple,” replies Grutstomp. “ I’d like to know who these tower heads are. What they look like, what tower they belong to, etc. and what the best way to get them to notice. Since you’ve been here the longest, I’m sure you know some of their personal tastes.”
“In terms of books and training, after watching our actions with the monk, what would you suggest I do first? An in terms of our partners, who should I meet first?”

Provengreil
2013-07-07, 01:45 PM
"The tower masters guard their names carefully. Outside their own place, they go by title alone, Master of Evocation, and such. And none o' the wizards, any of them, use their given name. Just chosen ones. So no one ever knows a master's real name aside from 'im, an is family. they often do away with that little part though.

"As for gettin' their notice, there's two ways. Make good use of their school, and excel in their sponsored arenas. Last time I was in the necromancers place I 'ad a room wit a buncha giant bats above, and a floor o' spiked bones below, with a narrow, rickety walkway in the middle. No' a good time, right? I used a web spell I'd stored in my wrap to coat the ceiling in webs, and caught the blighters. Then I lit the web on fire. Got the attention of the conjurors, the necromancers, and even a nod from the evokers all at once, while earning maximum efficiency points and still giving the general population the light show they was hopin for when they saw that room.

"As for trainin, I ain't seen enough o' your fightin' yet. The only advice I can give ya now is this: if ya see somethin, say somethin, an' keep yer ears open. This guy told you about the monk's arrow deflection trainin, recognizing it from his own. That ought to have been you cue to use melee shots and flank the bastard. Find an enemy's weak point, then take 'im down.

"An if you wanna meet your, ah, buddies, heh, the only ones you can learn much from is the twins. Jack's too wrapped up in gettin off bein a sorceror. Krag's too dumb to do anythin but bash things around. And Gnasher doesn't do anything you already can't. workin with them is likely to hold you back, in the end."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-07, 01:59 PM
Grutstomp gives a nod. "Thank Mok," he says. Deciding to go see the twins first and start learning how to craft armor second, he gives a slight nod to Tonius. "See ya in a bit... partner." After making a quick stop to drop off his bow as instructed, he goes off in search of the twins.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-07, 07:08 PM
"Actually, I think it would be best if we went together, at least for a little while."

Assuming Grutstomp accepts, I'll follow him in search of the twins.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-08, 03:56 PM
I'll accept

Provengreil
2013-07-14, 04:00 PM
And Lo, does the Great Provengreil return from his valiant sojourn to the depths of no internet connection, and hath slain the beast with his trusty cable guy! Onward with the game!

Levity aside, I should be good to post most afternoons from now on.

Searching around briefly, you find one of the elves fiddling with a puzzle cube in one of the training areas, trying to take it apart. After introducing yourselves, the elf replies, "Well then, another pair of prisoners in this inglorious hellhole. Sometimes we can only be as good as our station allows us to be, but time and again bonds forged in chains can break them, or so some of the stories say. You may call me Shan'ri. Kilith and I are partners in the 2-man competitions.

"Prepare yourselves for a long stay. Magic is strong, nigh unbreakable, but we must simply bide our time. Nothing lasts forever, and our so-called "masters" are shortsighted, greedy, and foolish, relishing in that which matters least in the end. Their cruelty and domination must surely have attracted more than a few eyes by now.

"But I forget myself. was there something you needed from me?"

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-14, 07:19 PM
“We’re here so that we may forge bonds,” Grutstomp replies, “Perhaps we can work together so our chances of survival are greatly increase.” He takes a pause. “What is a good way to distinguish you from your sibling? I would hate to mistake you two like everyone else here does.”

Provengreil
2013-07-14, 08:11 PM
The elf gives a lighthearted laugh. "Don't try. I nearly addressed a mirror once. We even managed to fool a diviner once, got him to zero in on the wrong target. Earned us some points that day.

"As for your odds of survival, I cannot help you directly. I am sure these towers will fall, and perhaps soon, but perhaps it is wishful thinking. For now, little goblin, all I can give you are two pieces of advice.

"Do not hate your fellow competitors. But also, do not anger them. We aren't watched very closely, and wounds suffered are only returned in kind by our masters, rather than healed.

"The second piece of advice is that most dungeon areas have a sort of finale. this final challenge is often stronger than you can really hope to be in combat. There is, however, some sort of trick, or stategem, that one might find in order to defeat them with much more ease. This trick is most often found not in how you fight, but how you use what you've found. Oooh, that looks important!" He pulls a piece from the box, and the entire thing falls to its components in a lump. He rises, leaving the pieces where they are. "Do return from your matches alive. Distasteful as the arenas are, the death of our fellows is more so."

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-14, 08:30 PM
"I'm sure that you're right, that their wickedness has attracted attention.... There's nothing we needed in particular, though Mok told us you two were knowledgeable about this place and are highly skilled.

If there's anything you think we should know about this place, it would be highly appreciated. And if you'd like a sparring partner or a story, I'll be free to provide both, at least as long as the coliseum doesn't have me busy."

Provengreil
2013-07-14, 08:34 PM
"What should you know? Simply, do not resist, but do not forget yourself. Should rescue arrive in your life, you want to be more than a machine. I say soon, but I am en elf..." He gives a small bow, and strides from the room.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-14, 08:41 PM
I'll unceremoniously head for the nearest place to rest, and do so. It's been a long day.

Provengreil
2013-07-14, 09:18 PM
The next couple of days pass far too quickly. You spend most of your time the first day in the library, learning about the various spells and their effects that you can choose from, and how they might be used. You find it rather a lot to wrap your heads around, but you've little choice. A few wizards do enter at different times, but they often find their book and head upstairs. The place is quiet, stuffy, and gets on your nerves, Grutstomp especially, but you push through it.

The second day, a quartet of apprentices have been assigned to you, repeatedly charging your bindings and having you unleash them. Mok pushes you hard, explaining that you need to be able to do this at a moment's notice without fail. Grutstomp immediately proves his point by failing to properly target an acid stream and nearly venting it inside the glove. You begin to find him a decent teacher, if a little full of his own accomplishments. The apprentices have either been given instruction to keep speech to a minimum, or simply hate you; only the briefest terse words of command escape their lips.

After a restless night, your first day in the arenas comes upon you. You're in a room, with some comfortable chairs, waiting for the previous group to go through. Mok is dispensing a few last minute tips.

"Right then. Now you lot can't use scrolls, so I'll fulfill that role if we find any. Rememba, I've taken a web spell and a locate object...or I will once the wizards get 'ere. If you think you see a reason ta use those, by all means speak up. Our illusion dungeons aren't usually that dangerous on their own. Just keep ya heads, though: some things'll be everything they seem to be. Some things won't. What makes the difference between a nick and a gouge is figgerin which is which in time."

It's at this point Sardris and another tattooed wizard come in. Sardris says, in the same near monotone as before, "This is your fist foray... you've been thrown into this against your will. You wish to rebel, I'm sure. Perhaps you will, perhaps you imagine you will find some chance. You will not. your best option is to follow the example of Mok, and enjoy the arena for what it is. Whether you enjoy it or not, do NOT disappoint me." The wizards enchant your binds, which begin to glow their vibrant, electric blue. The door unlocks, and Mok motions you through.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-15, 08:55 AM
I'll step through the door, determined.

"May Levistus guide me towards his own dark designs."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-15, 12:01 PM
Grutstomp says nothing as he moves through the door after Mok and Tonius.

Provengreil
2013-07-15, 04:13 PM
The sight of the crafting stations greets you again, as before, as does a circular table in the middle. There is no pillar this time, however. There is no ceiling either: You can see the upper levels of a stadium from your angle in the walls, but no one's in the seats you can see. There are 4 exits: A heavily locked door to the south, one unlocked east and west, and the door you just walked through, to the north. It closes with a click. An announcer's voice, magically amplified, sounds out.

"And here we have the Illusion team! Two new guys, a goblin and a man, and our favorite, Mok'Orosh, the wolf man!" At this, the crowd gives some decent cheers, but it sounds half hearted and thin. "Let's give them a moment to collect their gear, and we'll see what they do!"

"Don't worry about the thin crowd: no one wants ta be here all day, so they're waiting for us to prove ou'selves as a team and watching other matches instead. Probably the evokers, damn blasters. We give a good showin here, and a lot more'll come fast. Just keep focused, and Allow me to show ya how its all done."

He moves forward and inspects the contents of the table. They are as follows:
Studded leather armor (small)
Scale mail (medium)
Shoulder strap with 5 daggers
small crossbow with 10 bolts
Small longbow(empty quiver)
2 longswords, one small and one normal
2 scrolls, each clearly labeled on the back: fireball and sleep
1 war axe
5 foot rod
grappling hook
50 feet of hempen rope

Mok Dons the scale mail, then grabs the war axe and tucks the scrolls into his belt. As he does so and each of you browse the equipment, he's already talking. "As we move forward, I'll try letting you think of some things before I tell you what I think. Who knows? Maybe you'll think of somethin better 'n me!"

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-15, 07:52 PM
Grutstomp equips the studded leather, the shoulder strap with daggers, both the crossbow with bolts and the longbow. He looks at the grappling hook and the rope. "You can take the rope if you want Tonius, if not I'll take it."

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-15, 08:42 PM
"I'll take the hook and rope, as well as the rod."

Assuming that the doors have slots you can see through as I'm used to, I'd like to look and see what I can see through those of the three doors we did not enter through.

Provengreil
2013-07-16, 03:57 PM
"Alright then," Mok says. "Lets check what's behind these doors. Tonius, open that slot on the east one, eh?" He himself walk to the west. "Whoah, bugger! that's a lot of em. Rats, diseased as like as not. I 'ave no idea, but I don't want to find out. And we don't have heavy shoes to just walk through...But there's a raised chest above where the rats are. Would like to see that open up."

Tonius, seeing no reason not to disagree with gathering information, reports no visible creatures. A room with four foot ledges that surround a squared off pit awaits the party. The bottom of the pit cannot be seen from this angle, but it's at least ten feet deep.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-16, 06:03 PM
"Between the two, I think I'd prefer to tackle the pit's room, first."

Provengreil
2013-07-16, 06:20 PM
Not sensing any danger, you open the door. As soon as the doors creak open, A small chorus of enraged snarling emerges from the bottom, but nothing rises to attack. The three of you cautiosly approach the edge of the pit, and look down. "Ha! well, that's certainly a nice little mess." Mok says.

Four angry badgers are at the edge of a ten foot deep pit, looking up at you and clearly ready to go to town, but they have no apparent way of reaching you. they each have a glittering necklace and attached key, and a small grey bag lies in the far corner. The announcer speaks up. "Looks like they've found the badgers! these little guys are vicious, take chunks right out of you...until they're done, at least. How will they deal with this?" you hear a few spectators urging you to jump in and get them.

"Well, looks like their announcer beat me to the question. I'd wager my teeth that only one of those keys is real, and it goes to the chest in the rat room instead of the door. They just don't look big enough."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-16, 06:35 PM
"Well depending on how we want to do this," Grutstomp says, "I can pick 'em off with my crossbow. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel."

Provengreil
2013-07-16, 07:04 PM
"Aye, that ya could. but only the VIPs would mark ya high. The wizards would watch you burn through most or all of your bolts, only some of which would still be useable. The crowd wouldn't get their excitin' fight. I think I've puzzled this one out; lets see if you can come up with somethin more exciting. Here's a hint: We do have a few spells to draw from. We can give all three of them what they want without any danger to ourselves."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-16, 07:12 PM
"Well, we could also put them to sleep and give their vitals a taste of our steel," replies Grutstomp as he fingers his knives.

Provengreil
2013-07-16, 07:14 PM
"You're there, you're ALMOST there! Tonius, 'elp him out!" He grins widely as he slowly pulls out the scroll.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-17, 11:59 AM
"...Honestly I'd normally go for Grutstomp's plan... but if it's a fight the crowd wants, how about I leap in and get a few punches in before that sleep spell happens.... Badgers shouldn't too tough, and my research towards spells showed me that I won't be affected before they are..."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-17, 01:05 PM
"Oh I think I got another one," Grutstomp says with a grin. "How about we use the sleep spell on those rats. Then we toss em in with the badgers. The ornery beasts will most likely eat em, thus poisoning themselves. I'll pick off the weakest ones with my crossbow. Then Tonius can jump in and beat the crud outta them remainders."

Provengreil
2013-07-17, 03:47 PM
Mok grins even more widely. "That, goblin, is EXACTLY the plan. I 'ave no way of knowin if the rats will poison the badgers, but your solution is pretty much spot on. One spell, two rooms, a fight, some blood, some pain, no risk to us at all, and you thought of it wiv only a single hint. You're gonna do well.

"Tonius, grab that box of extra crap next to the crafting stations and dump it out, we'll put the sleepies in there."

As you guys move about, the announcer comes up. "Are they leaving the room alone? Oh, wait, he's got a box... looks like they've come up with a plan. Let's see what Mok's got for us today!"

Tonius places the box outside the room, and Mok gives one last bit of advice. "Sleep is a pretty short spell, so we'll only have a short time to collect the buggers. Be ready to be light on your feet. alright, three, two, one, go!"

Grutstomp opens the door, and a smaller room with a big pile of junk in the middle, crawling with rats. He casts the spell, and you can see them slow, and stop.

Please roll search checks.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-17, 04:10 PM
Search check coming your way

[roll0]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-17, 05:00 PM
I also spoke with DuSlaanesh and he says you can roll for him to speed things up. He has a late shift tonight.

Provengreil
2013-07-17, 05:47 PM
Right on then.

Closing iun on the rats, you notice bits of foam around some of their mouths: they're quite likely rabid, at least some of them.

The three of you work fast to make the most of the time, digging through the rat's nest to grab as many of them as possible. Mok seems to have some trouble seeing them, so he resorts to a dedicated task of peeling off layers of cloth and varous debris while Grutstomp and Tonius scoop them up. After about a minute, you've gotten what you're quite sure is all of them, and just in time: The crate is starting to squeak as the rats wake up. The two medium sized creatures pick up the box, cart it across, and dump it into the pit.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, looks like we've got a match after all. Oh, look at those suckers go!" The announcer shouts, the crowd starting to make a little noise. The area below is quickly getting messy as the animals thrash, tearing into each other.

"And now, we wait." Mok says, polishing a claw on a spare bit of cloth that had gotten stuck on his armor. "One reason people like the illusionists is they've got a display, somewhere we can't see; they're getting a better view of this than we are. those rats look huge, like a clash of beastly titans to them. Much more exciting."

After a few minutes of frenzy, most of the rats are dead and a pair of badgers, bitten but apparently unbothered, have settled down to chew on the remains. Mok jumps down, but none of the living critters pays attention. He walks over, grabs the bag, looks inside it, then ties its drawstring to his belt, muttering something about uselessness. Then he inspects the keys on the dead badgers. "Bingo! This one's the real one!" He throws it to Grutstomp. Using the rope for aid, Mok scrabbles out of the pit. "And that's how we take it smart, eh?"

Everyone take 1100 XP grand total (900 for defeated enemies, 200 bonus for figuring out the puzzle without me having to hit y'all over the head with the solution).

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-17, 05:57 PM
Grutstomp pockets the key. "So now we move to the chest or the door." He turns to Mok. "When a challenge ends, do we head back the way we came?"

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-18, 08:26 AM
"I think, like before, we're free to move about. We should take a look at the chest and see if we can get something useful, then try the door."

Provengreil
2013-07-18, 04:32 PM
You cross the remains of the rat nest, by now quite empty, and use the sparkling key to open the lock on the chest. It opens with a noisy creak, and within it is revealed... another key, this one very large. Slightly disappointed, you return to the center chamber, where Mok waits. "Aye, they'll do that from time to time. They just wanted us to do both of those rooms. Go ahead there, Tonius, unlock it and look through."

Tonius unlocks the door, and opens a sort of frame that was holding the seams and peep slot on the main door closed. Looking through, you see a clear, brightly lit, inviting pool, about ten by twenty, on the left side of the room, and the right half is empty. hundreds of small waves, all colliding and seemingly never calming, ripple invitingly across the surface. A creature, green and seemingly crossed between man and fish, flits quickly below the surface. The far door to the south appears unlocked. There are no other exits.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-18, 06:32 PM
Grutstomp grins evilly. "I think I have a plan. Anyone up for some fishing?" He eyes the grappling hook, rope, and pole.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-18, 06:58 PM
"Hm, now there's an interesting idea."

I'll hand the rope, hook, and rod to Grutstomp.

Provengreil
2013-07-18, 09:12 PM
"I think I see ya plan, parts 'uvvit anyway. I suspect this challenge might be a more simple fight...but fightin in water ain't easy. Just be sure to size up an enemy BEFORE engagin, if you've got an opportunity. 'Eiver way, we gotta open this door..."

He creaks open the door, but the creature either doesn't know, or doesn't care. The smell of salty water hits your noses; the pool is not fresh. The announcer says, "And they're into the sahuagin's pool. The far door's unlocked, but they've got that hook ready...are we in for some fishing?"

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-19, 04:19 AM
"Tonius, can you use your servant to lift some of those dead rats up from the pit? We'll use 'em as bait."

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-19, 10:08 AM
"Of course, was just about to."

I'll cast Unseen Servant from my wristbands, then go with it to the pit room, ordering it to retrieve three dead rats, then return to Grutstomp.

Provengreil
2013-07-19, 03:24 PM
"Folks, that was, it seems, an unseen servant spell. It'll do whatever this Tonius guy says it should, and it appears to be retrieving some rats. fishing indeed, but will it work?" The rats float over next to Tonius, the faintest of pressures letting him know it's completed its current order and is standing ready.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-19, 06:36 PM
"So here's a very basic rundown of the plan : The strongest person will be the one to cast and drag it in. If its actually hooked we can use that to our advantage. Myself and the person whose not dragging will attack it." He pauses. "So that's my idea, unless anyone has something better or something to add?"

Provengreil
2013-07-19, 06:38 PM
"What if 'e don't bite? He may swim like a fish, but 'e don't look like one."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-19, 07:12 PM
"Well then we try a different plan. There's more than one way to use the grappling hook. We could have the hook set at a distance. Use the rat bodies to make some noise, then once it's in front of the hook, we reel it in, catching it in its hindquarters and hoist it onto dry land."

Provengreil
2013-07-19, 07:46 PM
"Aye, if you say so. I'm not sure he'll take the bait, but we can try."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-20, 02:25 PM
Grutstomp attaches one of the rats to the hook and casts it. Afterwards he hands the pole to Mok. "Since your the strongest, you'll have the best chance to pull him in if he bites."

Provengreil
2013-07-20, 04:48 PM
Mok takes the pole, but seems uncharacteristically unsure of exactly what to do next. It matters little though; the creature reacts with some surprise as the rat hits the water, then swims up to it, inspecting it.

After a moment, it reacts with some level of, well, you can't be sure as none of you can see it too clearly through the ripples. However, it grabs the rat with a webbed hand, then surfaces. It thouws the hoow, then the rat, at mok. Both miss, but it seems incredibly angry...then it dives again. This time, however, it swims slowly back and forth, watching the three of you intently. The crowd gives a little laugh.

"Yeah, that's what I thought...these guys aren't fish, are they? I think we'll 'ave to just jump in and fight im, but that door ain't locked...We could just walk past.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-20, 04:54 PM
Grutstomp rubs his chin. "Not a total failure. We now know that the creature has intelligence." He starts to pace as a plan comes to mind, making the occasional glances at the creature. "Its looking for something," he mutters to Mok and Tonius. "Something that may help us.... Let's see if it can talk."

Provengreil
2013-07-20, 05:27 PM
"So what's the plan? one o' us just stick our gobs in the water and talks? I'm thinkin we 'ave to get to the blood. ya magic missiles ough to penetrate the water without deflection, otherwise we gotta fight in 'is element."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-20, 05:33 PM
Grutstomp looks over to Mok. "You told us to size up an enemy before engaging." He taps on the water, takes a step back, and motions for the sahuagin to surface. "I want to talk," he says as he attempts to look the sahuagin in the eye's.

Provengreil
2013-07-20, 05:36 PM
It's difficult to see into the rippling surface, but you see he reaches a hand towards you, and motions back to himself.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-20, 05:41 PM
Grutstomp removes his daggers and hands them to Mok along with his crossbow. He moves away from the group and then kneels down about five feet from the waters edge, motioning for the sahuagin.

Provengreil
2013-07-20, 05:46 PM
The sahuagin stops its "pacing" back and forth, but does not rise above the edge again. It simply stays in the water, watching you.

Reminding you of his presence, and that of the crowd, the announcer says, "Well, after the fishing panned, it looks like they're trying to talk. Can they just chat this little guy out of...whatever's in that pool? IS anything in that pool? I have no idea, but they're coming closer... or is one of them trying to trick the other?"

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-20, 05:57 PM
Grutstomp indicates that he is unarmed. "What are you looking for? Maybe we can help? Perhaps a mutual alliance that ensure the safety of all four of us?" he says slow and nonthreatening to the sahuagin.

Provengreil
2013-07-20, 05:59 PM
It doesn't respond. I should remind you, as DM, that this critter is below the water, still, and you're above it. Sound will not translate well.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-20, 06:18 PM
Grutstomp watches the critter for a moment trying to judge it. "Well I'm either going to die now or die later," he mutters to himself and sticks his head into the water. "I want to talk," he said through the water. He quickly pulls his head back out and snuffles five feet away.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-20, 10:30 PM
"Well, now."

I'm going to go up to the next door and look through its slot, while all of this is going on.

Provengreil
2013-07-20, 11:02 PM
Tonius, you open the slot. Before you is a rather dazzling array of tiles, each 5X5. Different colors adorn the floor, though you note that each tile is only one color. Behind you, you hear Grutstomp say, "Well I'm either going to die now or die later" and seconds later you hear a loud splash! An excited cheer rises from the crowd, "Here we go, folks!" as the announcer succumbs to some of the excitement as well.

The sahuagin grabs Grutstomp right as he sticks his face in the water. Despite the water in your ears, his underwater voice is rather clear, and even speaking in common: "Fish for ME, will you? We'll see who's caught who!" He drags you under the surface!

"Crap! we gotta get this outta the wa'er, fast! Grab the rope!" everyone, please roll initiative.

In the table below:
R-one end of the rope
T-Tonius
M-Mok
S-Sahuagin
G-Grutstomp (not shown, grappled)

The pool is the entire left half of the room, columns A, B, and C. it is ten feet deep, quite clear, and has a small drain at the northern end, where it is slightly deeper.

Drowning: Grutstomp is currently underwater. Under normal circumstances, you can twice your constitution score in rounds of breath. under significant action, which is anything more than 1 move action, you use two rounds worth of breath. In addition to your initiative, I need Crazy to post his constitution score please.

{table=head]ROW|A|B|C|D|E|F
1| | | | | |
2| | | | | |
3| | | |M|R|
4| | |S|R| |
5| | | | | |
6| | | |T| |
[/table]

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-21, 05:55 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

CON : 10

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-21, 08:59 PM
Initiative 22 (natural 20)

Provengreil
2013-07-21, 09:18 PM
In that case, init order is:

Tonius
Mok
Grutstomp
Sahuagin

Tonius, you're up first.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-21, 10:45 PM
I'll do as Mok suggests and move to 3F, grabbing on the rope and pulling. What test would that require?

Provengreil
2013-07-22, 05:22 AM
There's nothing to pull yet, the whole thing was on the ground. His plan becomes more apparent though, as he grabs the other end, with the hook, and jumps in next to the creature. You start to pull the line tighter, but leave some slack.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-22, 07:13 PM
Grutstomp tries to wriggle free.

[roll0]

Provengreil
2013-07-22, 07:22 PM
The Sahuagin's face is contorted with rage, keeping a death grip on grutstomp and attempting to choke the breath out of him. He keeps Grutstomp in the hold, then proceeds to punch him in the gut, forcing some air out. The pair sinks to the bottom slowly. Tonius only can hear the announcer: "Oh, look at the fish man go! these suckers are nasty, and this one's opting for drowning...but will it work while Mok is down there to help?"

Grutstomp takes 5 damage, and his breath counter falls to 16 (down from 20 at the beginning of his turn). Grutstomp and the sahuagin are now at the bottom.

Tonius is up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-22, 09:39 PM
Considering what I think Mok is about to do, I'm going to stand by with the rope, dropping out of initiative order until after he acts.

Provengreil
2013-07-23, 06:07 AM
Tonius standing ready, Mok lets his scale armor sink him to the pool's floor. He grabs the sahuagin's right arm, and stabs the grappling hook into its shoulder! Mok gives the line a light tug as he lets it go.

Tonius feels the tug, followed by huge amounts of thrashing.

Grutstomp is up. DuSlaanesh, you can post at any time and be in in that initiative.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-23, 10:15 PM
I'll pull on the rope as hard as I can, now that I have felt Mok's signal.

I know you have my stats so to speed things along you can roll whatever test I need to take for me and I'll of course accept whatever the result is

Provengreil
2013-07-25, 03:57 PM
Sorry for the delay, yesterday was hell.

Tonius plants his feet, and pulls with all his strength. The hook digs into The sahuagin, who is yanked out of the water, letting go of Grutstomp in the process. The sahuagin is now on his hands and knees at the edge of the pool, with Grutstomp left floundering below.

Grutstomp is up.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-25, 06:10 PM
Grutstomp swims back to the surface and onto dry land.

Swim check
[roll0]

((Will continue next action if successful))

Provengreil
2013-07-25, 06:41 PM
You attempt to swim, but the armor holds you back and you realize you'll need greater effort.

That was a move action, you'll have to try again. Either way, your breath counter drops to 15; it will not decrease further if you don't take further action.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-26, 06:58 PM
I'm going to end my turn here

Provengreil
2013-07-26, 07:03 PM
Alright, then. the sahuagin glares at Tonius from his position, and charges to attack! Throwing a clawed foot at you, he deals 3 damage as the claw draws some blood from your ribcage area.

Edit: forgot initiative changed, Mok is up. He swims to the surface and manages to pull himself out, but is held back quite significantly by the scale mail and is unable to move further. Tonius, you're up, with the Sahuagin right in front of you.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-26, 07:11 PM
Alright then, going to make a Flurry of Blows, my first of which will be a Stunning Fist attack.

Attack Roll: 23 (Natural 20, 17 to confirm)
Damage Roll: 4
Attack Roll: 22
Damage Roll: 1

That's a DC14 FORT save or else my opponent is Stunned for one round.

Provengreil
2013-07-26, 07:17 PM
The sahuagin starts to swoon a little bit as your fists pound into him. Hes been hit twice and stunned!, taking 9 damage and bleeding badly.

Grutstomp's up.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-26, 07:25 PM
Once again Grutstomp tries to swim back to the surface and onto dry land.

Swim check 18

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-26, 07:42 PM
Grutstomp gives a roar of rage and charges the sahuagin, attempting to punch it in the groin.

Attack roll : 25 (natural 20 + 3 attack+2 charge)
Confirmation roll : 18
Damage roll : 4 (double if confirms)

Provengreil
2013-07-26, 07:46 PM
Grutstomp climbs out of the pool and without hesitation, charges the sahuagin with everything he's got. Tanking the rope for some leverage, he jumps up pulls the fish-man's face around, and wahcks him right in the nose, following him with his fist all the way to the ground. the sahuagin falls unconscious.

Mok climbs grumpily out of the pool, muttering something about the smell of wet fur under his breath. the crowd cheers like they're twice their size, excited by the heavy action. "What a play! What a strategy, what a move! we can expect good things from these men, folks!"

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-07-26, 07:50 PM
Grutstomp gives another roar. "The Hunt is not yet finished!" he yells as he draws a dagger. "What is your decision good people?! Life? OR DEATH?" He holds the dagger above the fish man's heart awaiting an answer.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-29, 06:40 PM
As a quick summary, Grutstomp killed the sahuagin to the crowd's great pleasure. I, Tonius, dove into the water, chasing after what appeared to be an enchanted crab but losing it underwater. I relayed to Mok that the next room involves a series of colored tiles, to which he replied that he is colorblind.

"Well, then. Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

I'd like to enter the room, and step to tile D1.

Provengreil
2013-07-29, 06:49 PM
As you open the door, the array of tiles glows bright before you. you note that each door is locked, with a strange locking frame. Each frame is colored the same as a number of tiles: East is yellow, south is blue, and west is red. You note the northernmost array, as well as several to the south, are dull brown, like most of the dungeon's walls. you step on the tile, and nothing happens.

Mok says, "Perhaps I have something to help out. 'Ere, try this." He flips a small fuzzy ball out of the grey bag onto your foot, where it turns into a small rat.

DuSlaanesh
2013-07-29, 08:43 PM
I'd like to pick up the rat and lob it to tile D6

Provengreil
2013-07-30, 06:13 AM
A spider the size of a small cat falls from the ceiling, lands on the rat, and bites down hard, killing it. "Aw crap. Failure to figure it out is met with spiders...why spiders?" Mok says, getting his axe out.

Grutstomp, it's your turn to act.

For this room, I'm keeping a hidden pseudo initiative chart. Rather than start combat properly every time one of these guys shows up, I'm just going to call you guys out. the spiders are tiny, and should not individually be that bad anyway.

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-08-06, 03:54 PM
"Or a heads up for what's in the same colored room..." Grutstomp replies holding up a hand to pause Mok. He pulls out a dagger. "Let's see if the spider triggers any more if it decides to come this way."

((In short - moving out of initiative))

Provengreil
2013-08-07, 07:22 AM
The spider runs forward, skittering across the tiles (with no effects) right at Mok's feet. It bites at his paw-like ankle, but he yanks his foot back in time and, drawing his axe, crushes it. "Water, now spiders....ugh, they 'ave it in for me an' my fur today."

CrazyLittleMan2
2013-08-07, 01:43 PM
"Well the spider idea didn't work, so how about this one : We use some dead rats attached to the grappled hook. We use it to hit the tiles, figure out what they do and kill if necessary. If that works we can see if a tile will do the same thing twice when hit. If not, then we can clear a path."

Provengreil
2013-08-07, 04:58 PM
"Its not a BAD plan, but I just can't see the wizards allowing it to work that way. The spiders are allowed to move freely; I doubt anything dead will set off the traps. Your options at this point will likely be attrition or solution.

try stepping on one of these close 3, if I've got the grey shades right the stone all around them is normal, then it empties to the rest of the room."

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-07, 08:05 PM
To test a theory I'll step onto tile C2.

Provengreil
2013-08-07, 08:59 PM
The pale blue square lights up a brighter, but still soft, electric blue. no other effects are apparent.

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-09, 07:19 AM
Then I'll step onto tile C3.

Provengreil
2013-08-09, 05:26 PM
You tentatively step forward, and C3 also lights up in the same brighter, soft blue. C2 remains the same color as before, lit up as though you were still standing there.

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-11, 09:47 AM
Is D6 lit? If so, I'll now walk backwards to C1, then onto A1, then onto A2.

If it is not, I would instead like to try sprinting in an angled diagonal line across the tiles B1, C1, B2, C2, and C3 in order to jump onto tile D6. Jump check I assume is needed: 27 (natural 20, I'm starting to think d20srd's dice bag likes me a little too much)

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-11, 07:12 PM
Okay then, summary time once again. We have "solved" the tile room, torching and squishing a bunch of spiders, and opening the blue door and the red door. I'm currently exploring the interior of the red door, which is filled with smoke and floating lights, and I have found a scroll inside. The blue door has a tree planted in the middle with an apparently unlocked door beyond.

EDIT: Oh yeah, we also now have enough XP to level-up, though that won't happen until we're through all of this

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-15, 08:43 AM
So I was last taking a look at the scroll I found, attempting to identify what it is or does...

Provengreil
2013-08-17, 11:36 AM
I apologize for my delay, but will continue forthwith.

The scroll reads:

"5 lights, 5 guides, 5 treasures.
a thousand distractions and 5 beyond
and naught rewarded for death"

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-17, 01:30 PM
... I'm going to attempt to touch the nearest floating light.

Provengreil
2013-08-17, 01:46 PM
As you reach towards the room, 5 lights, each a soft white, float out quickly and line up next to the door, about chest high for Tonius.

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-17, 04:18 PM
I'll try to touch the one closest to the door.

Provengreil
2013-08-17, 04:52 PM
Just as you're about to touch it, the light slowly starts to move into the smoky, light filled room.You'll lose sight of it fast if you don't follow.

Provengreil
2013-08-17, 05:02 PM
(follow confirmed on FB)

Tonius steps into the room, the smoke filling his vision and making his eyes water. He banishes the irritation, retaining focus. After several tentative steps, never quite sure if the light ball he's following is leading him astray, or even if he's still following the right light and not one of the others in the room, he feels his foot brush something soft, maybe a foot and a half high. A keening screech fills the room, shaking his focus for long enough to completely lose the light.

"Tonuis! you ok in there? that didn't sound like you!" ok shouts. Outside the smoke, both Mok and Grutstomp jumped a little as well.

Tonius, you're now an unknown distance into a room with less than a foot of visibility, surrounded by a dizzying array of swirling lights. you can still sense whatever...thing just screamed, but it has yet to repeat its sound. You're up.

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-17, 05:04 PM
... I'm going to back away and try to leave the room. This was perhaps foolish of me.

Provengreil
2013-08-17, 05:06 PM
You turn around, and realize you have no bearing on how far around to turn. Closing your eyes, you try to visualize, and take a single step....and emerge from the fog immediately, despite having taken four or five to get where you were.

DuSlaanesh
2013-08-17, 08:29 PM
"That was very confusing. I think it might be best to move onward, and just try to get through the remaining chambers."