PDA

View Full Version : Fire or Ice?

Harrow
2013-06-17, 10:31 PM
I was going over the reasons Shadowcasters are terrible and one that came to mind was that the damage they can do is mostly limited to Cold damage. Since then I've been trying to figure out how bad of a thing this is.

I know that people who know much about the metagame tend to cringe when Fire damage is brought up because of how common resistance and immunity to it are. Is Cold damage better or worse? Fire at least gets through Troll regeneration, Cold doesn't even have that going for it...

Kelb_Panthera
2013-06-17, 10:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it's only very marginally less common than fire resistance/immunity.

Close enough to call it equal, but cold is technically a tiny bit better.

TuggyNE
2013-06-17, 10:59 PM
I was going over the reasons Shadowcasters are terrible and one that came to mind was that the damage they can do is mostly limited to Cold damage. Since then I've been trying to figure out how bad of a thing this is.

I know that people who know much about the metagame tend to cringe when Fire damage is brought up because of how common resistance and immunity to it are. Is Cold damage better or worse? Fire at least gets through Troll regeneration, Cold doesn't even have that going for it...

Cold is a little better, but not a lot.

Acid, and still better Sonic, are the types you want. Electric is kind of middle-of-the road.