PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and dragons with a twist. IC

Doomboy911
2013-06-17, 11:45 PM
You all find yourself on a magnificent ship from the Isle of veins sailing to the lost island. It seems so long since you've actually seen clouds, though dark and crackling with thunder it's still a lovely sight. It's rare that any of you save for those from the Isle of veins even come near this island. Many competent and brave captains rather sail around the Isle of scales to get to the islands. A thick fog covers any sight of the island but Captain O'hare of the S.S Slipstream barks orders left and right as though he knows the way by heart. Suddenly you hear the pitter patter of an old friend, rain.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-18, 05:39 AM
Valariyo looked up from his position on the deck, where he sat cross legged, meditating as he had been taught. Rain... It had been so long since this pleasant blessing had been felt by any of the six nations. Standing he strode over to the railing and looked out onto the Star Isle. This island had power, that was for certain, and whatever it held, it was immune to the drought that had best the other islands. He would recover that and restore his lands. Maybe then finally he would stop having the dream...

Kedyn's Crow
2013-06-18, 07:54 AM
Vikan, with armor stowed belowdecks until landfall, stretches out his arms and tilts his head back; soaking in the falling water. After a time he lowers his head, and glowers toward the fog, "let's go teach this island to share."

cavalieredraghi
2013-06-18, 12:31 PM
Amy is almost jumping for joy at the Rain it was so Rare at your home country in the desert that this was all she needed to forget her quest for revenge even if only temporarily.

As Amy was Dancing on the Deck she could see the Island they were Approaching, Star something or another, she was not sure this part of the World was strange to her but she did enjoy all the water that was around, far better then a sea of sand.

she was not sure of this group she was with but beggers can't be choosers and they may somehow help her in the end.

supernerd
2013-06-18, 01:37 PM
The rain had been stolen, poppycock he'd said, balderdash he'd said, well here was the rain and home was where it wasn't. Perhaps a magical effect that sapped away all the moisture from the other islands. Maybe they needed to feel a really large lake, and they were going to give it back when they were done. But who are they? Oh well, he supposed that's why he was on this boat. "Long time no see, Rain!"

Lateral
2013-06-18, 03:51 PM
Feeling the rain on his skin, Agrippa smiles a bit. Once, not that long ago, such a storm was not that uncommon, but today it comes as a blessing. His face hardens a bit, however, when he remembers the grim purpose with which they approach the Lost Island. The wreckage of his family farm pops suddenly into his mind, and he clenches his teeth. "At last," he growls, under his breath.

cavalieredraghi
2013-06-19, 04:59 PM
Amy soon stops dancing in the rain and remembers how every other island is endanger they must be helped. as she looks at the others she asks them from which island they hale from.

Felistor
2013-06-20, 08:37 PM
Alar looks down from the crosstrees and watches as the raindrops spatter across the deck, crew, and passengers. The fog and rain remind him of his homeland in happier times, and he grimaces at the painful memory of exile.

Doomboy911
2013-06-20, 11:18 PM
You make your ways towards the vast fog that is beginning to engulf your horizon. The sun has set and the sailor's aboard quickly cover the lanterns so the wind and the rain won't blow them out. Before the prow touches the fog the ship makes a hard right.

"Alright we're stopping here boys and girls. The whirlpools and rocks and reefs ahead are too much even for this majestic ship too handle." The captain points to the rowboats as his crew readies it. "We'll be fishing in these parts for about two weeks. Figure out what's with the rain we'll be around these parts avoiding the maelstrom. The captain a burly sort towering over most of his crew hands you a wooden box. "Light that by the coast and we'll sail in position to intercept you."

There is one long boat with three sets of oars. Inside is a set of 12 small buoys tied along a rope. A small lantern that hangs on the head of the ship.

Those from the Isle of veins only
You know that this area is very rich with sea life of the dangerous and beautiful variety. Best to keep out of the water.

Kedyn's Crow
2013-06-21, 12:20 AM
Vikan grabs his things and settles into the longboat at one set of oars. "Do your best to stay out of the water. There's more dangerous things than rocks and reefs under there."

Strength Check for rowing
[roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2013-06-21, 12:48 AM
Given Amy lack of Strength but strength of mind she decides to navigate her allies. I'll handle getting us to the shore everyone.

Intelligence Check
I got a 7 total 3 plus my Intelligence the roll accidently got erases when I remember to add the Intelligence Check.

Felistor
2013-06-22, 04:08 PM
Alar drops into the longboat and takes the second set of oars.
1d20+3

Felistor
2013-06-22, 04:10 PM
Str check didn't seem to work in the above post, so trying again [roll0]

supernerd
2013-06-22, 04:29 PM
All this fog was putting Shafire off, but he was still really good at making sure he avoided threats. He began to relay orders to the rowers, "Okay, so if we want to get out of here without running into any of these rocks or whatever else may be in our way, we're going to need to be really careful." As he helped guide the rowers, he had a pretty good idea how to get through this place. Of course if the conditions were better he would have been too. It was definitely the conditions.

Doomboy911
2013-06-28, 12:58 AM
With the might of three rowers more accustom to swing a blade or pulling back a long bow you slice through each coming wave like a precise slaying blow. Despite this the going is rough, rocks shouldn't form this way, arches more akin to a gaping maw, a row of rocks sharpened by the whirlpools to look like a row of pike men. But all this is no match as you narrowly slip through the fog. Suddenly you feel a force pulling you forward, ahead you can see land perhaps another fifteen minutes or so of rowing. Should be easy going. A geyser of water sprays up and quickly dies down. Suddenly a set of small whirlpools appear forming a hard wide line barring access to the island. Now you really feel the rain coming down.

Kedyn's Crow
2013-06-29, 12:35 AM
Vikan roars his exertion into the winds as he hauls on the oars for all he's worth, craning his neck around to see if there's a way around or through these whirlpools.

Rolls
Str check for rowing: [roll0]
Spot check: [roll1]

Felistor
2013-07-01, 08:36 PM
Alar makes sure that all of his equipment is securely fastened to his body and continues to row as if his life depended on it (because it very well might).
[roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-02, 01:32 AM
Amy knows that seeing the danger will be important and tries to not kill everyone in the process.
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2013-07-02, 02:10 AM
Well good news and bad news eagle eyes.

It's difficult to see in the darkness, the rain and the erupting geysers but there's a fine area in between the whirlpool and the geysers. If you could pull forward hard enough to get over the area of whirlpool (roughly fifteen feet for the thinnest area of whirlpools) you may be able to pull free of the whirlpool after the geyser.

Bad news. Behind you there's some fins about maybe five maybe more slicing through the water. The fins are in a v formation and making a bee line for the rowboat.

Kedyn's Crow
2013-07-04, 04:38 PM
We'll have to time it right, but if we pull hard enough, we should be able to make it past those whirlpools. Sooner'd be better than later! Vikan yells over the noise of the elements. He watches the whirlpools waiting for the right moment. If they can make it past the whirlpools, the fins may not matter and if they can't make it past, well, the fish under those fins might at least make the end come quicker than the sea.

As soon as the whirlpool begins to dissipate Vikan throws his back into it and yanks on his oars with everything he's got.
[roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-06, 10:18 AM
You Gentlemen keep rowing and get us out of danger i'll see what i can do about those Fins!!!

at that Amy readies her bow and lets loose two arrows at the first Fin.

i am taking penalties i assume at -4 each shot plus the -2 for rapid shot so a total of -6 but +1 for point blank shot so actually -5 right, if not we can adjust.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Doomboy911
2013-07-08, 10:36 PM
Amy's arrow flies true at the first fin and the fin sinks into the water as a thick red pool of blood emerges.

(Everybody lets roll some initiatives and decide what you're going to do. Back pedal to the rocks so everyone can fight. Try to hold out or rush onwards)

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-09, 11:36 AM
Amy's Intiative
[roll0]

OOC to me it looks like i just killed one i doubt it but if these things are that easy i say we have the muscle keep rowing while use archers pin off the fins.

Doomboy911
2013-07-10, 01:29 AM
Alright bonus two points to the first three to post initiative and an extra 1 to anyone if they tell one of the other players who have posted in awhile to post their iniative (this does not stack the people wh have been nice enough to keep posting tell the others to post dang it)

supernerd
2013-07-10, 08:28 AM
OOC: rolled 15+5=20 OOC, so 22

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-10, 09:09 AM
still have a crap roll even though it now turns to 11.

Doomboy911
2013-07-11, 01:33 AM
Alright well I guess I'll roll my monster the people who haven't posted in forever also haven't posted a reason as to why they haven't posted in forever.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kedyn's Crow
2013-07-11, 12:55 PM
Initiative [roll0]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-07-11, 03:49 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Felistor
2013-07-12, 06:53 PM
Alar will continue rowing unless a fin comes within melee range
Initiative [roll0]

Doomboy911
2013-07-16, 01:55 AM
This crew will not fall victim to the foul mistress that is the sea, they strike across the water prepping themselves to slice across the whirlpools to safety. The fins pick up speed and draw ever closer to the ship.

(They have moved five feet closer so lets rock)

Kedyn's Crow
2013-07-16, 04:02 PM
I hope it's ok that I'm posting this out of initiative order, but I'm going to row this round as long as we have a boat under us and I've still got oars. So I figure it's probably ok to go ahead and get this put out there.

Vikan waits for the right moment then leans all his massive weight and strength into his pair of oars, willing the boat to cut through the elements to pass the whirlpools in time.

Rowing Roll
[roll0]

supernerd
2013-07-16, 04:29 PM
This should be in order. And now I don't need to row.

Shafire realizes that the others have all the rowing covered as of yet, so he readies his bow once more and takes aim at the closest fin, the arrow swerving to the most optimum angle.

To Hit: Because I can't use Rapid Shot without a full round
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Lateral
2013-07-16, 07:03 PM
As soon as the fins come closer, Agrippa smiles wickedly. "Someone take my oar," he says, dropping it to the ground. "Watch this."

With that, he steps forward and lets out a massive snarl as he plunges his glaive into one of the fins.

Free action, start rage. As per Intimidating Rage, get a free demoralize attempt on one target. As per Never Outnumbered, that now applies to all targets within 10 feet.
[roll0]; each fin in the area rolls 1d20+HD+Wis vs. that DC. If they fail, they cower for one round and then are shaken the next, as per Imperious Command. Also, +4 STR/CON, so I gain +10 HP.

Full attack. As per Dreadful Wrath, all enemies within 20 feet must make a Will save vs. DC 16 or be shaken for 1 minute. If they are both intimidated by me and fail this save, the cowering effect of the intimidation is extended to 1 minute, as per the way fear-stacking works (stacking fear effects last for the longest duration).
Attack with glaive on one of the fins- a cowering one, if any fail to beat my intimidate roll.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Doomboy911
2013-07-16, 08:12 PM
As soon as the fins come closer, Agrippa smiles wickedly. "Someone take my oar," he says, dropping it to the ground. "Watch this."

With that, he steps forward and lets out a massive snarl as he plunges his glaive into one of the fins.

Free action, start rage. As per Intimidating Rage, get a free demoralize attempt on one target. As per Never Outnumbered, that now applies to all targets within 10 feet.
[roll0]; each fin in the area rolls 1d20+HD+Wis vs. that DC. If they fail, they cower for one round and then are shaken the next, as per Imperious Command. Also, +4 STR/CON, so I gain +10 HP.

Full attack. As per Dreadful Wrath, all enemies within 20 feet must make a Will save vs. DC 16 or be shaken for 1 minute. If they are both intimidated by me and fail this save, the cowering effect of the intimidation is extended to 1 minute, as per the way fear-stacking works (stacking fear effects last for the longest duration).
Attack with glaive on one of the fins- a cowering one, if any fail to beat my intimidate roll.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Hey quick question does that intimidate snarl thing work if they can't hear you?

Doomboy911
2013-07-16, 09:13 PM
When you said include their hit dice I'm assuming you mean to roll their hit dice.

1d20+4+4d8
1d20+4+4d8
1d20+4+4d8
1d20+4+4d8

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Not sure how to do two different rolls at once.

Lateral
2013-07-16, 09:27 PM
When you said include their hit dice I'm assuming you mean to roll their hit dice.

1d20+4+4d8
1d20+4+4d8
1d20+4+4d8
1d20+4+4d8

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Not sure how to do two different rolls at once.

No, it means that you add the number of HD they have to the roll. So they'd roll 1d20+8.

...Either they're Large and you're adding +4 to their rolls, or they have 18-19 WIS.

Doomboy911
2013-07-16, 09:29 PM
You said add their hit dice so I added them. Four hit dice plus four wisdom. Eight.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Lateral
2013-07-16, 09:32 PM
You said add their hit dice so I added them. Four hit dice plus four wisdom. Eight.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Wait, do they have a +4 Wisdom modifier, or a Wisdom score of 4? I might not have been entirely clear, and I'm sorry for that, but the check is 1d20 plus number of hit dice plus wisdom modifier. The basics are also here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/intimidate.htm)

Doomboy911
2013-07-16, 09:34 PM
Wait, do they have a +4 Wisdom modifier, or a Wisdom score of 4? I might not have been entirely clear, and I'm sorry for that, but the check is 1d20 plus number of hit dice plus wisdom modifier. The basics are also here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/intimidate.htm)

Can I just ask where the twenty five bonus is coming from?

Lateral
2013-07-16, 09:48 PM
+8 from ranks.
+3 from Charisma.
+3 from Skill Focus (Intimidate).
+4 from Menacing Demeanor.
+4 from Monstrous Mien.
+2 from Unnatural Aura.
+5 from Fearsome Armor.

Intimidation is this character's main way of contributing in combat, so I did put some work into this.

Doomboy911
2013-07-16, 09:57 PM
The glaive slices through the foes like your boat across the water.Four green bodies rise to the top, some kind of bipedal shark like creature, a set of weapons float to the top with them (Roll knowledge nature for a guess) With the foes dispatched you begin to make your way past the whirlpool zone and to safety. Suddenly your boat stops halfway through,

Quick roll some reflexes for those not rowing.

supernerd
2013-07-16, 10:56 PM
Oh, my gods! Did you just ask a fighter team to make a knowledge check? Oh lord this is gonna be great.

Reflex: I CRY THE NINJA!
[roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-16, 11:01 PM
I can make the roll thanks to jack of all trades feat. :smallbiggrin:
knowledge nature
[roll0]

ya nat 20 yooo!!!! as player I guess we are facing scags or aquatic trolls
but lets see what the DM says.

Lateral
2013-07-16, 11:04 PM
[roll0]

Edit: Hey, cool!

Doomboy911
2013-07-16, 11:11 PM
I can make the roll thanks to jack of all trades feat. :smallbiggrin:
knowledge nature
[roll0]

ya nat 20 yooo!!!! as player I guess we are facing scags or aquatic trolls
but lets see what the DM says.

Yeah sure it's a scag. (The heck is a scag) No these beasties are definitely Sahuagin and with the blood in the water more are sure to be on the way.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-16, 11:18 PM
well boy's and girl's looks like we got sahuagins on our tail and we are going to be getting more here soon. I say we get past these damned whirlpools, they maybe good swimmers but not that good.
Amy continues to row using usual skill with the oars, despite her home being the desert. she seems to not be wasting as much energy as the others due to her skill.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-07-17, 09:12 AM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

Valariyo hadn't even had a chance to shoot the oncoming shark creatures before one of his companions had angrily stabbed the water with his gigantic glaive. Valariyo still held his bow, but the creatures were too stunned to pose a threat to them right now, and the boat was shifting beneath him.

Doomboy911
2013-07-17, 01:29 PM
Shafire is flung from the boat and into the water, directly beneath the boat Shafire sees a very large four armed sahuagin grabbing the boat and swimming with all his might trying to pull the boat back. Agrippa barely spots four finned hands in the water holding onto the boat.

Supernerd make a swim roll, after the end of this round we have one more before the whirlpool goes up. Also the enemy has 80% cover due to being blocked by a boat. So how do you hit an enemy directly beneath you?

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-17, 02:25 PM
Shafire!!!!! the Rowing is becoming harder and harder for Amy the skill she thought she had has failed her and her efforts are barely keeping up with that of Vikan. then Shafire falls into the water, Amy sees this is going to get worse before it gets better, and we are not even on that damnable island yet.

the Rowing is going slower then it should and everyone can notice this, Amy shouts to everyone, Anyone know what is slowing us down!?

Doomboy911
2013-07-19, 07:09 PM
The crew continues to row with all their might. With the sahuagin directly beneath them the ship won't budge. A solution must be found now. How to strike a foe directly beneath them. Suddenly the geysers fires up time is running out.

Kedyn's Crow
2013-07-24, 11:52 PM
Vikan sees Shafire struggling in the waves and momentarily releasing his oar (which I presume is secure in an oarlock) Vikan stretches out one huge arm and effortlessly hauls the tiny halfling back into the boat, then quickly takes hold of his oar again.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-25, 12:25 AM
Amy having been told of the fingers, decides something must be beneath them, But Shafires attack and confirmation matter little to Amy she was sure that the thing holding them was bad, so she used what was closes to it and what was closes to that thing: their oars! so with out hesitation Amy Moves the handles to the oars up, to hit what ever was below the boat.

i am not good with Cover and Improvised Weapon negative so i am just rolling a 20 Doom you can add however much more i get in bonus also i am pretty much treating the oars damage like that of a quarterstaff. and lastly i did two attack rolls because there are two oars.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll]1d6

**** you dice

Doomboy911
2013-07-25, 01:06 AM
Amy having been told of the fingers, decides something must be beneath them, But Shafires attack and confirmation matter little to Amy she was sure that the thing holding them was bad, so she used what was closes to it and what was closes to that thing: their oars! so with out hesitation Amy Moves the handles to the oars up, to hit what ever was below the boat.

i am not good with Cover and Improvised Weapon negative so i am just rolling a 20 Doom you can add however much more i get in bonus also i am pretty much treating the oars damage like that of a quarterstaff. and lastly i did two attack rolls because there are two oars.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll0]

**** you dice

Cav what did you do to anger the dice gods?

supernerd
2013-07-25, 05:00 AM
Shafire knocks an arrow and draws as he is lifted out of the water, taking aim from the boat at the fixed hands trying to pull them under. He tries his best to hit the wrist, so as to not go through and pin the thing's hand to the boat.

Attack roll vs. AC +10(from cover)
[roll0]
[roll1]

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-25, 10:03 AM
Cav what did you do to anger the dice gods?

IDK!! :smallfrown:

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-07-25, 10:29 AM
Valariyo leant over the side of the boat and attempted to shoot the beast that was holding them captive.

Attack roll with longbow: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Misschance (low is miss, high is hit): [roll2]

Doomboy911
2013-07-25, 02:28 PM
Suddenly the water turns even darker with thick blood as your boat skips across the water like a stone. Through the rain and the wind you see the geysers begin to die down, the sea beneath you all seems to make a horrific gurgling noise as the ground seems to let out beneath you before you and in front of you the current becomes visible but with each pull of the oars you push past it. As the edge of the whirlpools come by the pull seems to be getting stronger and stronger but not as strong as your oarmen. You burst free of the pull and rush free of that whole mess. The forbidden island is before you aided by the waves that seem to be getting worst and worst with the rain.

You arrive, the island itself blackened by the storm, ahead of you is a thick tree line that seems to reach up to the clouds. Noticeably the trees have no branches on them that you can see.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-25, 02:34 PM
well hear we are everyone, so what do we do with the boat, also where is a good place for shelter i don't like how this storm is getting worse before it gets better. Amy seems worried about how little cover they seem to have here on the beach. but she surveys the area trying to find some form of shelter

Spot check
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2013-07-25, 02:45 PM
well hear we are everyone, so what do we do with the boat, also where is a good place for shelter i don't like how this storm is getting worse before it gets better. Amy seems worried about how little cover they seem to have here on the beach. but she surveys the area trying to find some form of shelter

Spot check
[roll0]

Hate to say it but with the rain that's essentially a zero.

supernerd
2013-07-26, 11:36 AM
Shafire was relieved when they started moving again, happy they were past that mess, but if that was the start, just imagine what was ahead. "Finally! I wonder what's next, dragons as old as the Isles?"

I feel like, at least for the bosses, either it's demons/devils or dragonbane weapons would be very useful.

Spot:
[roll0]
Ah, yeah! Dice Gods, I bow before ye in thy gracious gifts. Please don't rob me of my dice-luck early game!

Doomboy911
2013-07-26, 12:42 PM
Shafire seems to be adjusting to the poor rain quite nicely, over the thundering rain he can clearly see a huge swarm of crabs skittering across the beach picking up sea life scattered by the crashing waves. Their shells seem to reflect off some stray moonlight as they drag them beneath the sand. Ahead you can see a similar mound of earth that would fit a human, also along the tree line you can see some vegetation growing along the trees to make a bit of canopy where some shelter can be established.

Lateral
2013-07-26, 12:45 PM
Agrippa grunts. "All right, boys 'n girls, let's hit the ground."

Kedyn's Crow
2013-07-26, 02:20 PM
Vikan hauls his massive set of spiked full plate out of the bottom of the boat and begins the process of donning it. "Somebody help me with this? I want to be ready for whatever this island throws at us next."

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-26, 02:34 PM
alright vikan ill be right thereamy goes to help vikan while the others discuss what to do.

Lateral
2013-07-26, 02:46 PM
"I say we land, set up shelter, and then move into the island tomorrow. We'll need to be fully prepared for whatever we find, and that means rest."

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-26, 02:49 PM
I agree completely. if needed I can take first watch. Amy finally finishes with Vikan's armor.

supernerd
2013-07-26, 02:50 PM
Shafire looked out to the land, "We've got a beach, then some trees that we might be able to use for shelter, oh, and then we have a human sized crab hole in the sand in addition to the many crabs on the beach." He wanted everyone informed so they could vote properly, "I vote we go into the forest, we're probably gonna go there anyway to solve this mystery. Though a quick sweep of the beach could help on the way out."

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-26, 02:53 PM
A human sized crab hole, well I agree in sheltering in the forest, but I think we should make sure nothing is in the hole before we do. I don't know about you all, but I don't want anything sneaking up on us while we sleep.

Kedyn's Crow
2013-07-26, 09:09 PM
"I don't think that's a hole. I think it's something the crabs buried to eat later and I think if we stay here on the beach they may come back and try to do the same to us." Vikan shrugs. "Of course, the danger we know may be preferable to the one we don't," he says as he gestures toward the woods.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-07-27, 10:13 AM
Valariyo listened to the others debating before joining in with a supercilious grin on his face: "Well team, it would look as though we made it, and we have at least found the rain," he adds, trying to find the positives in the situation. "Let's investigate that awfully suspicious man-sized crab hole, and then we should finish with a sweep of the beach. After that I'm certain we won't have any trouble finding a camping site in the woods where there is better cover from the elements. I don't know about you but I'd rather not sleep in this rain."

Felistor
2013-07-28, 07:31 PM
"I agree with Valariyo. This is no place to spend the night, and we know nothing at all about our surroundings."

Doomboy911
2013-07-28, 08:01 PM
Cautiously approaching the mound you can easily see a light sea green glow coming from within. The entrance reeks of dead grass and brine. Who wants to go first?

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-28, 10:25 PM
Amy Draws her Bow and Nooks a Bludgeoning arrow and walk into the mound ready for ever may come out.

spot and listen checks as I move: listen first then spot

listen [roll0]

spot [roll1]

Edit well that was a horrible listen but ya nat. 20 on spot.

Doomboy911
2013-07-29, 12:47 AM
Out of character junk.
400 experience to everyone with an extra hundred to anyone who had to row. It's a crap job but you did it for the team.

The mound of earth has tunnel inside that seems to be going towards the forest ahead. There's a shallow pool of water that the light is cascading across but what's causing the light in unknown to you. Other than that you see nothing.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-29, 01:40 AM
Amy informs the others of what she sees, and add her two sense about it. I see a Pool of water everyone, and there is light but I cant see the source. We may be facing more creatures in this mound everyone, and for some reason I am thinking more Sahuagin.

how close is the pool of water from Amy?

Doomboy911
2013-07-29, 01:51 AM
The pool of water is at the bottom of the mound and leads along the tunnel the drop seems to be about seven feet down. Along the inside of the mound you can see thin lines in the sand going from the bottom of the pool to the top of the mound.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-29, 01:55 AM
so the pool is clear and I can see into yes?

Doomboy911
2013-07-29, 02:11 AM
so the pool is clear and I can see into yes?

Sorry champ the rain is causing ripples across the water along with that the water is reflecting the light making it impossible to see anything beneath.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-29, 02:36 AM
Amy moves to where she is 3ft away from the water. preforms another spot and listen check her bow and arrow still at the ready.

Spot[roll0]
Listen[roll1]

supernerd
2013-07-29, 03:28 AM
At Amy's intelligence, Shafire draws his bow as well and nocks an arrow getting ready to fire at anything that jumped out at her, "I've got your six. Anyone else that can shoot, I suggest you have it too."

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-07-29, 08:00 AM
Valariyo runs his hand along his belt, feeling each of his different items in turn. Yes, that'll do the trick.

"This will let us know whether there is anyhting dangerous in the pool," he announce confidently.

Drawing a small ball from a grey bag at his belt, Valariyo tossed it into the pool where it transformed into a small animal.

Bag of tricks (grey): Creates a [roll0] rat.

Doomboy911
2013-07-29, 12:39 PM
(Sorry for the confusion the distance between the top of the mound and the pool is seven feet it's a straight drop.)

The rat falls to the bottom of the pit and does circles in the pool for a moment aimlessly till it reaches the edge of the water, it begins to climb up the wall along the thin line in the sand but it stops for a moment and leaps back into the water and starts swimming deeper into the tunnel with fervor.

Felistor
2013-07-29, 09:29 PM
"That ... does not seem promising" Alar mutters as he unsheathes his massive sword.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-29, 11:11 PM
Well who feels like taking a swim. with that Amy sheaths her bow and arrow and takes off her backpack and leaves it by Shafire. mind watching this for me ill just be a second. also if anyone has some rope ready to help me get back out that would be fantastic! oh wait I almost forgot Amy takes her everburning torch out of her backpack, so she can have light while swimming. With that Amy backs up and then sprints diving into the deepest end of the pool of water.

Jump check take 10 for a total of 18

swim check take 10 for total of 18

if needed for safety such as the water is to shallow to dive into tumble check [roll0]

Note Amy still has her quiver and Bow, and everburning torch just not her backpack and rest of her gear.

Doomboy911
2013-07-29, 11:54 PM
An excellent dive down there's a large pool of water directly beneath the pit as you swim to the top you can see the tunnel continues on land and you see the rat scurrying along. The tunnel seems to be made of sandstone, along the walls of the tunnel is moss and fungus letting off a glow. The rat sniffs at it for a second or two before continuing on into the dark. Seems safe.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-30, 12:20 AM
Everyone come on down I think I found something, but leave a rope so we can get back up alright. with that Amy swims around the pool making sure the rope is at a good enough spot, so everyone can have an easy time getting back up. As Amy gets out of the water her clothes seem to cling to her as would be expect from swimming fully dressed. so she waits as the others make there way down, while she waits she tries to dry herself off.

supernerd
2013-07-30, 05:54 AM
Shafire pulls a coil of silk rope from his pack, offering it to Amy as he gets off and joins her on the sand, "I got you covered, but only for 50ft. It looks like we've got enough time to take a few minutes to make sure I get my bowline just right. Could someone with muscles hold this for me so she doesn't drown?" He takes a few minutes to secure the rope around Amy's waist, he doesn't want her dying. "One tug for help and we'll pull you back. Two tugs meaning you've temporarily stopped but you're okay, and three tugs and we follow the rope to where you are."

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-07-31, 06:52 AM
Valariyo really didn't want to go swimming with his armour on, or with his bow in case the string became damp and thus useless. But it seemed as though someone would need to accompany the rather keen archer and so he too stripped off and dived into the water.

Take off fullplate and longbow.

Swim: take 10 for 14

Doomboy911
2013-07-31, 03:10 PM
Amy and Valaryio step onto the bit of dry land in the tunnel and continue forward carefully. The tunnel seems a bit cramp a smaller person could walk through with this with ease but no such luck. The rat is continuing on at the very edge of your light.

Alar spot roll please.

cavalieredraghi
2013-07-31, 03:12 PM
Amy spot check
[roll0]

Listen check

[roll1]

Edit amy must have eaten a shroom for she sees rainbows and Butterflies

Felistor
2013-07-31, 10:29 PM
Upon seeing that the coast is clear for the moment, Alar sheathes his sword and heads into the pool to join Valaryio and Amy.

Taking 10 on Swim for 13

Doomboy911
2013-07-31, 10:48 PM
Upon seeing that the coast is clear for the moment, Alar sheathes his sword and heads into the pool to join Valaryio and Amy.

Taking 10 on Swim for 13

Alar had a spot roll to make. That I did not see get made.

supernerd
2013-08-01, 03:12 AM
Shafire looks down the hole to see what has become of his friends.

Spot:
[roll0]

And proceeds to use the rope as a guide line to make his way down to them. "Hey, there, what seems to be the problem?"

taking ten with rope as a masterwork tool or something for 10+x where x is the bonus deemed appropriate by Doom for the rope. Of course he probably sees them stopped but not flailing due to being eaten.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-01, 02:24 PM
Amy lookes back still high on the Shrooms and thinks she sees a blue Dragon, so she books it down the tunnel. screaming AHH AHHH BLUE DRAGON!!!!!

Doomboy911
2013-08-01, 11:24 PM
For Amy's drug induced eyes only.
You feel a sense of belonging with others not these outsiders here but with the island. It is you and you are it.

Amy rushes to the entrance carrying the torch with her. The moss is hardly a replacement for the torches light. Anyone else have a source of light?

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-01, 11:47 PM
Amy was running for at least 5 minutes before her eye sight reverted to normal but by that point she was lost in the tunnels. or at least that is what it would seem to a passer by for some reason these tunnels looked and smell like the old tunnels under the Great Lake Eve near her home city Conil, well before she came to the Islands. but these could not be, so Amy tries to find her way back or find some way back to the surface, and if they are like the old tunnels then she knew exactly where to go. it was strange just how familiar these tunnels felt to Amy.

Hopefully she did not face that Blue dragon again, they are the only thing Amy has ever Feared, it was a blue that killed her sister and her brother-in-law of a Paladin did nothing to stop it. it was Gold dragon that Killed the Blue, not Maxwell! He will rue the day he let Amy's sister die, but first things first get to the surface and then help the Islands get rain. they can't be left to suffer.

Doomboy911
2013-08-01, 11:56 PM
Amy
Amy finds herself in a portion of this cave that's twenty feet wide as Amy is carrying the torch she can see that the walls are covered in moss and fungus. reaching up to be about twenty feet high, the cave seems free of stalagmite and stalactites. Roll a spot to find the entrance and roll a will save.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-02, 12:02 AM
Spot

[roll0]

Will save

[roll1]

Doomboy911
2013-08-02, 12:31 AM
Last one for Amy I promise.
Amy's head suddenly feels a good deal better but with this sense of relief is a true feeling of being lost. You can see there's a small slope leading up to a hole. That might've been the way you came.
Roll a listen check.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-02, 12:35 AM
listen
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2013-08-02, 12:43 AM
Out of spoiler land.

Amy hears nothing, not a thing.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-02, 12:46 AM
Now that Amy is Seeing and Thinking clearly again she draws her bow and wields it like a staff with her left hand and hold the torch with her right. she then continues slowly up the slope to the hole.

Doomboy911
2013-08-02, 12:53 AM
At the top is everyone else.

Except the rat.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-02, 12:57 AM
Dungeoneering check to know what happened to me
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2013-08-02, 12:58 AM
As everyone else can tell you, you tripped out and rushed ahead because of blue dragons.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-02, 01:05 AM
Amy blushes and looks around at everyone, ashe then starts thinking, this hanging moss must of causes some sort of hallucination for me. hehehehe she gives and awkward laugh and then a smile. i'll just stand over here now.

with that Amy moves to behind the group and starts poking her bow at the water.

supernerd
2013-08-02, 08:34 AM
Shafire giggled at Amy, "Yeah, I must be an intimidating blue dragon. Sorry for startling you like that." He looked around, "Though I do wonder what this place is..." Shafire pulls his pendant of liquid sunshine from under his shirt and draws his bow.

Felistor
2013-08-03, 06:46 PM
Alar had a spot roll to make. That I did not see get made.

Spot [roll0]

Doomboy911
2013-08-04, 02:36 AM
Spot [roll0]

Yeah you're in the hole a little to late to roll.

So that seems to be everything in the cave. The tunnel goes out about another fifteen feet down a slope to where Amy was.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-09, 02:36 AM
Amy looks down at the cave she just came from and then back out to where the rain was coming in from the pool. she shivered. I am not sure what to do about camping everyone, anyone else got an idea otherwise I am going to side with the majority on this one.

supernerd
2013-08-09, 10:49 PM
Shafire looked toward the human, "Hmm, well, did you feel any different when you were down there, because if there's some sort of enchantment thing down there that only works subtly, we should definitely see if we can find a safe place in the trees. I'd rather not give the creepy place time to work. However, if a shelter topside is too dangerous, I'll take the subtle worker over dead now."

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-09, 10:54 PM
It was like my mind and what I saw was being alter to something familiar, when I was down there, but I don't think it was wholly dangerous. amy then looks back up at the cave where it is clearly raining, and stares at the clouds. I think I vote for outside is where we sleep I am not worried about the rain after all I brought a tent.

supernerd
2013-08-09, 11:10 PM
Shafire contemplated on these things, "yeah, well if you have a tent and are willing to share, I'd rather not stick around to figure out just how harmful it is."

Kedyn's Crow
2013-08-10, 01:05 PM
"I will be sleeping outside," Vikan posits. "My feeling is that this hole didn't show up by accident and whoever made it might come back and be upset to find it occupied. Besides, it would feel like sleeping in a casket, I'm just too big. So I guess my vote is for up here, but I'm not sleeping in the cave either way."

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-10, 01:33 PM
well Vikan i don't think you will fit in my tent, but Shafire you are more then welcome to join me.

Kedyn's Crow
2013-08-10, 11:27 PM
Vikan rumbles out a chuckle, "I've probably spent more nights under the stars than under a roof, don't worry about me."

supernerd
2013-08-11, 07:14 PM
Shafire took a small bow to the human, "Thank you for your hospitality. We'll have to check this out some time. Anyone got a few more hours before turning in or do we want to tackle it when we wake up. And big, guy, have you ever slept in pouring rain, it kinda sucks. But I'm sure we can figure something out."

Doomboy911
2013-08-13, 02:48 PM
(Seems everyone wishes to stay outside as a few haven't voted. Those who have enjoy your experience. Those who haven't should tell me why your not posting. Who's taking first watch. Also could someone please message the others.)

supernerd
2013-08-13, 03:37 PM
Shafire Went back up to the surface, finding Amy's pack and beginning to put up her tent, "Hey, I'll help you set it up, but I'll take first watch. I'll wake you if something happens."

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-13, 03:44 PM
Alright i will take 2nd watch but what do you think the others are doing, and why are the AFK. (breaking the 4th wall is fun don't judge.)

supernerd
2013-08-13, 04:44 PM
"What are you talking about? They're right over there standing completely still and glitching like holograms," Shafire said, before wondering what a hologram was. When they finished setting up the tent, he said, "Okay, now go to bed so the Divine Magistrate can roll for a random encounter."

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-13, 06:56 PM
*sleep * I am assuming Vikan takes third shift?

supernerd
2013-08-13, 08:39 PM
I'm hoping for a treasure chest in a few levels full of Rings of Sustenance.

Doomboy911
2013-08-13, 09:23 PM
I'm hoping for a treasure chest in a few levels full of Rings of Sustenance.
Your a fighter not a bard stop making me laugh.

Ok so in the order of who's taking first watch make a will save than if below 15 a spot check.

supernerd
2013-08-13, 09:35 PM
Shafire stands guard of the tent.

What, the ring of sustenance is an amazing item. 2 hours of rest and no food. And I'm a bard almost everywhere else.

Will:
[roll0]

Spot if necessary:
[roll1]

Kedyn's Crow
2013-08-14, 12:30 PM
Vikan would prefer to take last watch, whichever that is

Felistor
2013-08-14, 10:21 PM
Alar goes to sleep as soon as suitable shelter has been erected.

Doomboy911
2013-08-14, 10:52 PM
(Feel free to roleplay waking up Amy and then a will save at a -2 for Amy and than a spot if below 15.)

The rain seems to persist and with it the creatures of the night are quiet, the waves thunder against the beach, there's not much light with the small fire you've got. Every once in a while though you know you hear something, like a big crab clicking its claw but the ones on the beach are illuminated by the moonlight and a giant crab would most likely glow as well.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-15, 06:21 PM
What no Jess it is to early for role-play go back to sleep....... What oh Shafire is it that time already. ok I'll take watch now!

with that Amy prepares for her next few hours awake to keep an eye out for danger.

Will save :smallannoyed:

[roll0]

spot because I really think i'll need it.

[roll1]

Doomboy911
2013-08-15, 07:47 PM
The night continues on pretty quietly. The rain is a bit harsh but just seeing it is a lovely change of pace. There's even some fireflies out in the distance, they're busy doing their mating dance except for two little fireflies. Although they glow the brightest they remain fixed in one place a straight horizontal line could be drawn between them. Despite the rain and the small fire you're certain you can feel a wave of heat coming upon you again and again every couple of seconds.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-15, 07:54 PM
(ooc head slaps table)

Amy whose her intelligence to figure out what it is she sees.

[roll0]

edit (OOC HEAD BANGS ON TABLE WHILE SCREAMING MOTHER*****)

supernerd
2013-08-15, 07:57 PM
Shafire patted Amy on the back as he switched, "hey, watch for the big crab. I think it was what made that tunnel, catacomb thing. I could kill it if you want but I'd rather not cause a scene."

Doomboy911
2013-08-15, 08:20 PM
(ooc head slaps table)

Amy whose her intelligence to figure out what it is she sees.

[roll0]

edit (OOC HEAD BANGS ON TABLE WHILE SCREAMING MOTHER*****)

Looks maybe like two glowing eyes in the darkness. Staring at you.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-15, 09:05 PM
seeing the eyes and not knowing exactly what to do Amy sends a small Prayer to Bahamut

Dragonic speaker only
bahamut majak ve dastudr!

translated Bahamut give me strength!

Shafire Shafire wake up there is something out there.

supernerd
2013-08-15, 09:12 PM
Shafire grumbled as he got up, "Yeah a giant crab. Is it bugging us?"

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-15, 09:19 PM
I don't know for sure what it is but i think it may breath fire. i keep feeling heat from where it's eyes are. my eyes are acting up again. i think i'll need help with seeing this one.

with that Amy nooks a Serpent's tongue arrow.

Doomboy911
2013-08-15, 09:47 PM
For Shafire
You don't see any fireflies.

So who's a light sleeper?

supernerd
2013-08-18, 07:29 PM
Shafire Picks up his bow and knocks an arrow, "I don't see any fireflies..."

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-18, 08:19 PM
Amy looks back at Shafire. I never said anything about fireflies!. she then aims her bow at Shafire. who are you?

supernerd
2013-08-18, 10:49 PM
Shafire looked weirdly at Amy, "I'm Shafire. After being a blue dragon, I figured your eyes were some heat flashes from the cold rain and fireflies that had ventured from the forest."

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-18, 11:12 PM
Something is Here I can't make up this heat don't you feel it? as Amy talks she lowers her bow way from Shafire and starts looking out at the Fireflies again.

Doomboy911
2013-08-23, 09:52 PM
Fireflies are gone.

Roll another will save and spot check.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-24, 09:19 AM
spot

[roll0]

will

[roll1]

Doomboy911
2013-08-27, 03:15 PM
Shafire make a spot roll as well please.

supernerd
2013-08-27, 04:17 PM
[roll0]
Sorry.

Doomboy911
2013-08-27, 10:59 PM
The night runs along rather smoothly without much trouble as Shafire's shift comes to an end.

cavalieredraghi
2013-08-29, 10:25 AM
OOC: i thought Viken had last shift?

Amy wakes up the next morning still wondering what this island is doing to her head. as she packs the tent and dons her armor, she can see the rest of those not AFK doing the same. while the Holograms seem to still be flashing in and out of visibility. about 30 minutes later she is ready to tackle the day. her bow in her hand and a mind sharp with the cool fresh air.

Doomboy911
2013-09-02, 06:22 PM
You find a set of footprints surrounding you all, weaving in and out of your camp. They fork off where the toes would be, they're clearly not human. Some of them surround your sleeping bags.

Agrippa is gone.

cavalieredraghi
2013-09-02, 06:37 PM
Amy preforms a survival check and knowledge check which ever is appropriate (since the bonuses are the same except for Dungeoneering that will get a +4 more to its roll)

survival
[roll0]

knowledge (whatever it is)

[roll1]

:smallfurious: the dice roller in this game hates me. :smallfurious:

Kedyn's Crow
2013-09-04, 02:31 PM
Vikan wakes up and looks around. "Wasn't there at least one person on watch all night? Who made these tracks? And how?"