PDA

View Full Version : [3.5+PF] Got your nose...now what?

Novawurmson
2013-06-18, 01:03 AM
So suppose you've got a BBEG who collects body parts. Hundreds, maybe thousands of them. Once you've got a piece of someone's body, what can you do with it, really?

The only thing that immediately comes to mind is Scrying with a -10 penalty on the save. Surely there must be something more diabolical I'm not thinking of?

Edit: Nightmare (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/n/nightmare) also gives a massive penalty on saves. Maybe I could attach some sort of metamagic...?

Squirrel_Dude
2013-06-18, 01:14 AM
Flesh golem?

ArcturusV
2013-06-18, 01:19 AM
Clone spell. Reincarnation as well. Wait for your Mooks to kill someone you have a body part of. You cast Reincarnation on the body part... now look, that plucky hero cannot be Rezzed (Already alive) and is already in your Supermax Dungeon of Forgotten Heroes.

tyckspoon
2013-06-18, 01:26 AM
Along the lines of the Clone suggestion, if you have sufficient magic you could use them to make Ice Assassins or Simulacrum of the people whose parts you have. Might be a useful way to finally find some good help if you have bits from anybody with particularly notable talents.

Coidzor
2013-06-18, 01:33 AM
Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
(http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/simulacrum.htm)
Restructure Society in your image.

CaladanMoonblad
2013-06-18, 01:40 AM
Clone spell. Reincarnation as well. Wait for your Mooks to kill someone you have a body part of. You cast Reincarnation on the body part... now look, that plucky hero cannot be Rezzed (Already alive) and is already in your Supermax Dungeon of Forgotten Heroes.

Wonderfully diabolic... but unfortunately, RAW throws a monkey wrench into this plan. : /

So, the original Resurrection from SRD...

The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death.

And Reincarnate plays by the same rule : /

The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be reincarnated, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death.

Any kind of monkey-ing requires a piece of the victim at the time of death, and a willing soul. I guess souls have call-waiting or something, or maybe even a pre-arranged code? No one in DnD can get resurrected against their will.

Bummer man.

But you are indeed correct on Clone...

A duplicate can be grown while the original still lives, or when the original soul is unavailable, but the resulting body is merely a soulless bit of inert flesh, which rots if not preserved.

So... make a Clone and store in a Pantry of Preservation (Stronghold Builder's Guide). But... the same rules may apply upon the death of the original; it may be able to refuse based on this line from Clone...

In other respects, treat the clone as if it were the original character raised from the dead...

So... 10 points for fiendishness... but a rules stickler wouldn't allow it : / Maybe a GM crafted "Soul Trap" similar to Ghostbusters to trick a soul into returning to the Dungeon of Forgotten Heroes?

Fable Wright
2013-06-18, 01:42 AM
A bunch of Corrupt spells in the BoVD have the flesh of another creature as a component, including Consume Likeness and Absorb Strength.

Scarce
2013-06-18, 01:48 AM
Perhaps my favorite NPC bad guy I've used to date was a warforged assassin who, after killing his victims, would flay them and use their skin (and a sort of homebrew addition to the Twisted Lord class allowing him to warp his form) to impersonate his victim. Kinda like committing a robbery and switching vehicles to throw off the cops. Kind of.

While I'm not sure what can be done with small parts, larger chunks yield more interesting, and diabolical, possibilities.

ArcturusV
2013-06-18, 01:53 AM
Ah well, got too fired up with the idea to check the rules.

Though I didn't know that about Clone. I suppose mostly because I was used to the older edition version of it, where it was used to make evil doppleganger assassin types primarily.

Novawurmson
2013-06-18, 02:50 AM
These are all wonderful. I'm especially digging Simulacrum, as the character in question is aligned with some ice baddies (thus creating a "snowman" is super-easy).

To be even more specific, this BBEG will be a screwed-up "tooth fairy," and I want the teeth he collects to be useful for something.

Dragonmuncher
2013-06-18, 01:58 PM
The Witch from Pathfinder has a hex that is basically, "you can make powerful buff-granting food if you cook people."

Delicious! And nutritious!