PDA

View Full Version : Need help with different spells

drakoonity
2013-06-18, 12:43 PM
Ok so in our campaign I have a wizard cohort and we were fighting a rouge and so to try and make him easier visible for everyone to hit and kill I used glitterdust, but when I did my whole party got pissed at me except for one person. One guy got mad cause he sparkled and the other hated it because he wanted to hide but couldn't. So then I was about to use web to try and prevent the rouge from moving but my party runs out infront so if I used it, it would hit almost my whole party and that would get them pissed with me again. So my question to you all is that is there any like alternative spells that still help either buff or debuff?

Diarmuid
2013-06-18, 01:04 PM
Spells like Slow and Haste specify that they only effect enemies or friendly targets.

There are probably a lot of others like that, or you could look into one of the sculpting metamagic feats to make it so your spells like Glitterdust or Fireball dont effect your party.

I would say that if no one else had any way to make sure the Rogue (bolded for spelling) couldnt hide/invis/etc away then they should just deal with the fact that for the rest of the encounter your party wouldnt be able to hide. Getting mad over something so trivial seems pretty silly when the overall benefit seems like it was a Win for everyone.

drakoonity
2013-06-18, 01:11 PM
Yeah sorry about the spelling, I can never remember how to spell that word. I agree with it like well noone else had any way of making the rogue visible, the orc in our party got lucky when he got backstabbed and then swung in a circle.

Fouredged Sword
2013-06-18, 01:33 PM
Truestrike and a bag of flour is a good way to selectively reveal a single target, if you can reveal the square he is in. Truestrike adds +20 to the touch attack and removes the miss chance from concealment.